[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Latest Nvidia Drivers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 9YfUifF.jpg (73 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
9YfUifF.jpg
73 KB, 500x500
AMD has no drivers, top kek

[UPDATE2] Latest Nvidia Drivers Will NOT Damage Your PC Hardware But Still Problematic

http://wccftech.com/nvidia-users-beware-latest-drivers-damage-pc/
>>
>>53409657
>AMD has no drivers, top kek
Wrong, fuck boi. AMD actually released brand spanking new drivers yesterday and a pretty major one (not just """Game Ready""" like the oft touted Nvidia drivers) at that.
>>
>>53409891
any major issues with the new amd driver?
>>
>>53410803
Works perfectly fine as always. I mean, it's not like AMD has ever literally fried GPUs with their drivers...
>>
>currytech
Can't we have that address blacklisted already?
>>
>>53410828
>Works perfectly fine as always. I mean, it's not like AMD has ever literally fried GPUs with their drivers...
oh, that's not my issue, i know the card wont die, but does it bring any bugs to games like the crimson launch driver?

i don't get new drivers till shit breaks/doesn't work, i'm still on 15.7.1

also, something i want to avoid like the plague, does crimson add profiles for every game you own? i only have 2 right now, both to limit tessellation, i don't want to have to go through every god damn game i have in a list because i installed everything i own on a game drive.
>>
>>53410840
Sure senpai, we can just link to one of the hundreds of other sites calling Nvidia out on their shit drivers instead. :^)

http://www.pcgamer.com/geforce-drivers-36447-cause-catastrophic-errors/
>>
>>53410860
In the release notes they only mention Crossfire stuff under the known issues. And about the profiles, the Global Settings profile will apply to every game you've not explicitly configured manually.
>>
>>53410881
ok, i avoided crimson due to some fallout 4 shit, and then stopped caring about it when i learned it set up separate profiles for every game, if its not doing that shit ill give it a look, should still have the old driver incase something shits up and i don't like it.
>>
>>53410907
It does set profiles in the sense that it adds all your installed games to the list, but if you don't touch them the Global Settings in the top tab will apply to them all.

Maybe have DDU and a link to download old ones ready but I doubt you'll need it.
>>
File: radejun.png (141 KB, 1000x489) Image search: [Google]
radejun.png
141 KB, 1000x489
just upgraded AMD drivers
>>
File: radejun2.png (143 KB, 1000x489) Image search: [Google]
radejun2.png
143 KB, 1000x489
>>
>>53411001
>Windows 10
LOL
>>
>>53409891
Hey, maybe it's the promised performance upgrade for linux.
Wish me luck, boys.
>>
>>53409891
Vulkan support?

The driver NVIDIA just released 364.51 they finally GA'd the Vulkan bits.

http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/364.51/364.51-win10-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf ^f Vulkan
>>
>>53412317
Yep, from the release notes:
>Vulkan™ Support(1): Vulkan™ is the successor to OpenGL and a descendant of AMD's Mantle. Vulkan™ is a powerful "low-overhead" graphics API that gives software developers deep control over the performance, efficiency, and capabilities of Radeon™ GPUs and multi-core CPUs. More information on Vulkan™ can be found at https://www.khronos.org/vulkan/.
>>
>>53409657
Meanwhile AMD just presented a new standard on external gpu's http://www.anandtech.com/show/10133/amd-xconnect-external-radeons
>>
>>53412883
"new standard"
Nvidia supports this since 5 drivers ago.
>>
File: nvidiot.png (49 KB, 808x805) Image search: [Google]
nvidiot.png
49 KB, 808x805
>b-but amd has bad drivers nvidia has good drivers

2016 is the year of amd, enjoy your $900 gimped video cards
>>
File: nv.png (65 KB, 573x233) Image search: [Google]
nv.png
65 KB, 573x233
Thanks Cinco.
>>
>>53412114
the best operating system yet

inb4 muh botnet
>>
>>53414296
works fine on my machine :'3
>>
>>53412349
I just saw this when I updated, is there actually anything using the Vulkan API I can test it with? Because I'm not seeing anything
>>
>>53413093
AMD is THE company to look for when it comes to actual innovation. Gimping cards and overpricing are not innovations.
>>
>>53418567
After updating, I got vulkaninfo and vulkaninfo32 exes in my start menu for checking the stuff is working
>>
>>53418705
I meant like an actual benchmark or something, I keep seeing all these sites bragging about how awesome their Vulkan benchmark results are with stuff like AotS, but they so far look like reviewer-only benchmarks
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.