[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Huge IOS secuirty flaw found, unlock any phone with a passcode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: 1455130597006.jpg (541 KB, 2134x3000) Image search: [Google]
1455130597006.jpg
541 KB, 2134x3000
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wrs3j_how-to-unlock-anyone-s-iphone_lifestyle

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3wrs3j_how-to-unlock-anyone-s-iphone_lifestyle

>aplel
>secure

this is literally the same tier as that windows 98 glitch
>>
The share button doesn't appear in here
>>
>>53409156
Perfect timing for the FBI
>>
Nice bait OP. 10/10

Share button doesn't appear if the phone is locked.
>>
Yea I saw this on cuckbook and thought it was fake.

>>You have to put in LadBible in the new contact!!!1!
>>
How is this possible when iOS uses the passcode to encrypt the file system?
If you don't enter the passcode you can't access the file system.
>>
>>53409156
she is very beautiful
>>
>>53409675
>encrypted file sytstem
>>
>>53409698
It is.
>>
>>53409675
Just a thought (not about OP's obvious bullshit video): Some files are kept unencrypted all the time, like certain photos or contact info in case someone calls, or the wallpaper.. stuff that is displayed/used all the time. Not sure how the iPhone deals with other stuff, does it really encrypt/decrypt files on the fly all the time? That would be a huge battery drain.
>>
>>53409712
>does it really encrypt/decrypt files on the fly all the time?
Yes, look up how iOS does security.
I'm no Apple fan boy but it's way better than Android.
Honestly Android completely and utterly fucked up by choosing the JVM over LLVM bytecode.
>>
Doesn't this only work if you have Siri enabled when locked? I've disabled Siri when locked so I don't "pocket Siri" all the time.
>>
>>53409687
She has a beautiful face, her body is a little meh though. I think shed do well to gain some weight as long as she stayed fit, she could add some ass and maybe even some boobs
>>
>>53409787
Basically, I just tested this on my 5S running 9.2.1. Seems to work but I might have unlocked it when pushing the home button with my finger, scanning it. Going to try with a finger I haven't registered.
>>
>>53409848
Yup, just as I had predicted. Context menu changes depending on whether the home button successfully scans your fingerprint or not.

OP's video is fake
>>
>>53409922
>Context menu changes depending on whether the home button successfully scans your fingerprint or not
Cool
>>
File: Cover7.jpg (276 KB, 1146x860) Image search: [Google]
Cover7.jpg
276 KB, 1146x860
>Pic related, FBI headquarters
But not really. Now they don't get their court mandate.
>>
>>53409156
oh look its the same faggot who still doesn't know that touch ID can work in the background
>>
>>53409712
They use hardware encrypting and description, which is why the FBI us having such trouble.
>>
>>53409712

Most of the OS is kept unencrypted, some data is cached for the Notification Centre widgets, and Siri.

The entire user partition is encrypted by the passcode.

>>does it really encrypt/decrypt files on the fly all the time? That would be a huge battery drain.

Not if you build an encryption engine into your silicon. Practically every ARM based SoC has some kind of encryption logic on the chip, and Apple does their own.
Apple design their own chips to work best with what they want their software do to.
>>
>>53409738
>>53409675
It encrypts the file system and stores decryption keys on the device.
>>
>>53411249
>and stores decryption keys on the device.
Sasuga Apple
>>
Snowden already explained that this whole thing is bullshit. All they have to do (and they can do it now) is get something Tha can read the memory on the iphone. Copy an image of it. Then brute force the pass code. Each time they fail 10 attempts they just flash a copy of the original back to the phone.....ez
>>
https://news.vice.com/article/edward-snowden-calls-bullshit-on-fbis-claim-that-it-cant-unlock-iphone
>>
>>53411399

And what would you have them do?
>>
>>53411911
Not store the decryption keys on the device, since the passcode is supposed to be the decryption key, it is fucking stupid to store a copy on the device.
>>
It's cause touch ID unlocked it.
>>
>>53409738
Yes, one thing Apple does right is security.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.