[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what the fucking fuck is this how do i get normal start menu
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: Untitled.png (5 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
5 KB, 339x279
what the fucking fuck is this how do i get normal start menu

fuck this shit
>>
>i cant handle change waaaah
>its different waaahhhh
>>
File: win8_startmenu_heatmap.jpg (238 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
win8_startmenu_heatmap.jpg
238 KB, 1920x2160
>>53400518
Install Gentoo.

Seriously though, start screen (the one from win 8) >>>>> startmenu.
>>
>>53400518
just start typing the name of the program or file you need :/
>>
>>53400540
> a person is asking how to use something
> you enter full retard mode

why do people like you even exist... >:/
>>
>>53400518
What is classic shell
>>
>>53400518
install [spoiler]windows 7[/spoiler]
>>
>>53400610
>:/
>>53400620
>>:/
This is an imageboard.
And yes, you shouldn't try to cling to the past, but get with the times and used to the new start menu. It's better in every way anyway.
>>
>>53400518
Just go back to windows 7
>>
>>53400620
Go back to /v/ with your smiley faces you cant even greentext properly. Or maybe r/pcmarsterace is better fit for you kid.
>>
>>53400610
The new start menu has all the functionality of the old ones. If you really really need the old ones though, classic start is pretty good.
>>
http://www.classicshell.net/
>>
>>53400569
>actually clicking anything on your start menu
>not using search instead
>>
>>53400518
It works the same as the old one, you fucking retard. You can pin programs to it, or you can pin programs to the task bar, or you can go to "all programs", or you can just type the first few letter sof the program you want and press enter. It's literally 100% the same functionality wise.

Kill yourself.
>>
>>53400710
Yes, I'm going to move my hand away from my mouse, or my other hand onto the keyboard, just to type in the program name when I could just click the icon.
>>
>>53400518
You're on /g/. Install Linux and learn something you shit.
>>
>>53400743
>TYPING IS HARD BAWWWW
Children shouldn't be allowed to use computers unsupervised.
>>
>>53400779
>That's what I said
Brainlets shouldn't be allowed to be on the Internet.
>>
>>53400610
>:/
>>53400620
>>:/
What the fuck happened to this board?
Is /g/ really a reddit colony?
>>
Install Vista you idiot. You wont regret it
Its not a shit os unlike linsucks and macincrap
>>
>>53400743
Then just pin it to the start menu and click it, you retard.

Or pin it to the taskbar, then you don't even need the menu to begin with.
>>
>>53400927
Maybe you should spend less time making retarded names for operating systems and spend more time learning what makes a decent OS.

Vista is literally just slightly less cancerous than Win 10.
>>
>>53400946
I don't know about you, but I have a lot of Software installed that I only need once in a while. On the taskbar I have only programs pinned that I use almost daily.
And a fullscreen software picker (start screen) is superior to a little menu; for obvious reasons.

Why do you even care how I use my computer.
>>
>>53401035
Care to explain why? Vista was a pretty good OS.
>>
>>53401041
Use the full screen one then, retard.

Also, if you only use it occasionally and prefer to leave it away in "all programs", the mouse-only process is exactly the same in all windows versions. It's click start menu > click all programs > click the program you want regardless of whether it's 7, 8.1 or 10.
>>
>>53400540
>he unironically LIKES the new start menu
fuck off
>>>/v/
>>
I like the start menu. it searches fine. clean look. you can use classic shell if ya wish.
>>
>>53401134
>exactly the same
>Click Start
>Click all programs
>click through x amount of folders
>click program
instead of
>click start
>click program
as I'm doing now.
>>
>>53400518
>>53401167
THE NEW START MENU IS FUCKING GREAT.

Literally >Windows Key + Start typing for whatever the fuck you need.

LONG GONE IS THE DAY OF HOVERING OVER MENUS LIKE A RETARD.

LONG GONE ARE THE DAYS OF CLICKING

THE MOUSE DESTROYED COMPUTING AND MICROSOFT IS FIXING WHAT APPLE FUCKED.
>>
File: file.png (82 KB, 466x635) Image search: [Google]
file.png
82 KB, 466x635
>>53401254
I really hope you're b8ing
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.