[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Servo wrecking everyone's shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: wgaa.jpg (100 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
wgaa.jpg
100 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0hYIRQRiws

There was a meme doing the rounds recently about how Servo is slow and Rust is shit
Looks like that meme just got btfo
>>
>>53392597
If Brendan Eich were at Mozilla, Firefox and Thunderbird with Servo will be out long ago.
Now these gay homosexual faggots have abandoned Thunderburd, Firefox OS and are now focusing on a useless "smart home assistant". https://wiki.mozilla.org/Smart_Home
>>
With the way the company has been going it'll probably just be a faster version of Chrome when it finally releases.

I'm expecting that all the customization will be cut out.
>>
that's not Maki
>>
>>53392705
I agree, I know people hate Mozilla now because of the sjw shit but I think they can come back to being a decent company when all the sjw shit blows over and we can quietly kill off the feminist cunts
>>
It's hilarious because if it was written in C it'd be a lot better/faster
This is just cheap shit
>>
>>53392954
Because memory leaks are better and faster, right?
>>
>>53392965
>c programs are guaranteed to have memory leaks
You should kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>53393017
C programs aren't guaranteed NOT to have memory leaks. It's impossible to easily verify the correctness of a million line C program. It is, however, easy to verify the correctness of a million line Rust program.
>>
>>53393017

>A C programmer is one who, when told not to run with scissors, responds "it should be 'don't trip with scissors.' I never trip."
>>
>>53393087
This

>>53392954 < This anon is a fuckwit who probably never even wrote a hello world in C
>>
>>53392705
Sucks about thunderbird but Firefox OS was doomed from the start
>>
>>53392710
You're assuming wrong. The current candidate for official Servo UI is pure Web tech.
>>
>>53392705
Wrong. Just look at his browser. Chromium clone that replaces ads with its own ads. lmao, good that he's gone, who knows what damage he could have done to Firefox.
>>
>>53392597
>Looks like that meme just got btfo

Shame Mozilla has to lie and deceive as per usual though:
>it is using the WebRender engine, which is a render everything it cans through OpenGL, which makes it a little bit unfair to compare to the other browsers.
>I asked on twitter what was the performance of servo's "normal" renderer, it was about 15fps IIRC
>>
File: 1451956303593.gif (116 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
1451956303593.gif
116 KB, 275x200
>>53393121
>>
>>53393591
Everyone has opengl available you massive nigger
>>
>>53393591
>GPU is faster than CPU
No shit, it also uses way less power, you should always do any graphics work on the GPU than on the CPU.
>>
File: safety.png (477 KB, 840x1193) Image search: [Google]
safety.png
477 KB, 840x1193
>>53392954
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.