[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Material Design
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: WHYYYYYYY.png (113 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
WHYYYYYYY.png
113 KB, 1600x900
Why would you?
How could you?

You should not!

Material design is an abomination!
It looks too childish (I don't have anything in fun(ny) looking apps, after all we are still somewhat playful when it comes to phones)!

> colors
But making something UNREADABLE by using low contrast light-gray for text on white background is just plain STUPID!
Why would you not use dark-gray on white (not black on white, that could be a too high)? It would still fit into the whole material design thing.

> icons + Text
They don't need to be that big, smaller icons still do well, BUT only if the contours are thick enough! The same applies for Text:
Why wouldn't you use BOLD non-true-type fonts with sharp edges and not that blurry stuff?

> animations
JUST UNNECESSARY (and ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING)

> the android 5 recent applications menu
"Overview" as it is called in android 5 is the definition of insanity. WHY would you make such a low contrast between top border and app content? Why would you not just put all small screen shots of the current apps in a list that scrolls vertically instead of that stupid, cpu and ram eating monstrosity?
The "Recent Apps" (as it's called in KitKat) was fine, why change something perfectly fine and working into a non-working stupid looking piece of fuck!

The other changes can really be called improvements (ART (android runtime)).

NOW DISCUSS!
>>
>>53383844
"I don't have anything in fun(ny) looking apps ..."
was supposed to be
"I don't have anything against fun(ny) looking apps"
>>
>>53383844
Fuck off iFag.
>>
Hamburger menus are great, faggot.
>>
>>53383844
It looks nice and clean, I love it, you should kill yourself.
>>
>>53383888
these fucking trips!
NO Apple-stuff looks equally stupid

Android wants to become apple or vice versa.

The previous Android version (4.4.4) looked better! I agree with OP!
>>
File: good fortune pepe.png (964 KB, 1156x2518) Image search: [Google]
good fortune pepe.png
964 KB, 1156x2518
>>
>>53383844
pleb

nice dubs tho
>>
File: 1455677507765.png (81 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
1455677507765.png
81 KB, 499x499
>>53383940
>>
>>53383912
OP HERE!

Have you ever thought about the readability of text on the screen?
Yeah!
Grey on white sure is a good choice, defiantly not causing eye strain!

NO! fcking NO!
Ok, but true-type fonts only make sense on high-res displays!
There are phones with low-res displays and there's no way to disable true-type fonts, like in windows or linux!
>>
>>53383985
poorfag (^;
>>
File: 1456191904381.jpg (283 KB, 528x712) Image search: [Google]
1456191904381.jpg
283 KB, 528x712
>>53383940
>>
>>53383844
>>53383888
>>53383912
>>53383955
look at these

https://www.nngroup.com/articles/low-contrast/
http://accessibility.psu.edu/color/contrasthtml/
http://contrastrebellion.com/

This should also apply for Apps

(the standard keyboard on Android 5 is anightmare (small characters, that get printed by pressing longer on one letter))
>>
>>53383999
holy fug
dem trips again!

why poorfag?
>>
>>53383936
I count no less than three exclamation points.
only non-native english speakers and girls do this
are you a grill anon?
>>
>>53384045
>There are phones with low-res displays
here is your answer
>>
>>53383985
>!

>!
>!

>!!
>!
>!

there it is again
>>
>>53384074
no, a non native-speaker!

here are some more
!!!!!!!
!!!11!!1!11!!

> inb4 he can't type
that was on purpose
>>
>>53383844

>>53383888
>>53383999

no you dubs and trips
let's seriously discuss this issues (with pepes)

Is It really necessary to have all these animations?
I mean, at first glance they look pretty nice, but they don't offer anything for productivity.
This is normally only the case with products made by apple, android should be the opposite.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.