[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I still buy an old thinkpad if I have enough money to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Lenovo_Thinkpad.jpg (160 KB, 944x756) Image search: [Google]
Lenovo_Thinkpad.jpg
160 KB, 944x756
Should I still buy an old thinkpad if I have enough money to buy from the newest ones?
>>
X260
>>
Get a Dell Precision instead.
>>
>>53381607
absolutely not

depends on the model though. which one do you want to get?

the t450s, t460, x1 carbon yoga, and x250/60 are all great
>>
No, you shouldn't.
>>
>>53381607
An old enough ThinkPad might be a genuine IBM model, which will be unbreakable but too slow and limited except for casual use.
A newer ThinkPad will be a stock Lenovo model with a ThinkPad badge. You know what to expect.
>>
you should not buy any thinkpad, they died in beijing
>>
File: 1.png (230 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1.png
230 KB, 640x360
>>53383005
>x1 carbon yoga
>>
That P50 is a nice looking workstation tho. Working up the strength to drop $1500 on it
>>
Waht about a T420 (blaze it)?
Get the one with i5 (Sandy Bridge).
Runs pretty nice, plays Full HD 25p with 12% CPU load (without dedicated Graphics).

If you manage to get the one with the dedicated graphics card, it will even run some good gamez (of course not the newest stuff).
In my opinion this would be a good choice.

+ The last thinkpad with the REALLY GOOD keyboard
+ Fire wire
+ DisplayPort
+ ExpressCard Slot (so eGPU does work!)
>>
>>53382913
this, dell precisions are underrated
>>
>>53384305
>plays Full HD
>1366x768 screen
nice meme ebay shill
>>
Nope. Owned a lot of laptops and the lenovos are complete shit compared to the IBMs. My honest opinion on post-IBM laptops (I believe the T42 is the last one) is to go with Dell. Any latitude including and after the D630 will be great.
>>
>>53385841
There are T420s with 900p screens.
Still not full HD.
>>
>>53384201
Is an amazing device.
I would wait for the QHD OLED model to come out first though.
>>
>>53387403
This. I have one such thinkpad, ordered a new screen at the same time I bought the laptop on eBay and I didn't need it, already came with a 900p screen
>>
>>53381607

L I B R E B O O T
I
B
R
E

B
O
O
T
>>
>>53385841
> not connecting an external monitor via displayport
You sir have no idea what you're talking about!
>>
>>53388147
>ordered a new screen
>didn't need it, already came with a 900p screen
what are you doing on /g/? you obviously don't belong here as you know nothing about this shit.
>>
>>53387421
>amazing device
is it magical, applecuck?
>>
Less money spent on the base system means more to spend on upgrades and accessories. New Thinkpads are absolutely not worth the price when compared to old ones.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.