[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Asians account for 4.4% of the US population >30% of Google
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5
File: tech-race.png (105 KB, 1120x856) Image search: [Google]
tech-race.png
105 KB, 1120x856
>Asians account for 4.4% of the US population
>30% of Google is Asian
>34% of Facebook is Asian
>39% of Tumblr is Asian
>26% of Intel is Asian
>29% of Microsoft is Asian
>44% of nVidia is Asian
>"Asians account for a whopping 17 percent of all tech-sector workers and a far higher percentage of engineers. "

So why aren't the social justice types tackling this problem in the tech sector?
>>
File: 1276_Diversity-In-Tech.png (69 KB, 1276x1966) Image search: [Google]
1276_Diversity-In-Tech.png
69 KB, 1276x1966
Is it only bad if there's too many white people? But if Asians are massively overrepresented it's ok?
>>
They will after they have destroyed the white man. Not sure if they will go after the white woman or asian man first.
>>
>>53374270
The fact that anyone cares is the only reason sjw do anything in the first place
>>
Because Asians are smart enough to not give a shit
>>
>>53374286
Has anyone ever actually approached them with his information? Are they going to stop hiring asians and start hiring blacks and latinos?

Obviously there's some kind of racist agenda out there where the asians are working together and only hiring other asians.
>>
>>53374307
White men don't give a shit either, it's just they are given the short end of the 'diversity stick'.
>>
>>53374270
Asians actually make their children achieve their educational potential
>muh video games
>muh sportz
>muh drinking, sex and drugs
>muh youth culture
kek, you gonna all be professionals with PHDs by age 30 and any job you want.
>>
maybe asians are the best candidates? it doesnt bother me if they're over represented
>>
>>53374308
>black work ethic
>white work ethic
>spic work ethic
There's a reason why Asians dominate tech m8.
>work life balance
kek, you think the Japanese are the only Asians who work 18 hour days?
>>
>>53374335
>asians dominating tech

HAHAHAHA get out of your fucking anime fantasy you weeb.
>>
>>53374334
This, desu. You guys are always talking about how the most qualified individual should get the job.
>>
there is no narrative they can use to claim asians received an unfair advantage.

with whites and men (and particularly white men) it's straightforward; government and industry have historically been led by them in this country so if there's any inequality, it must be mostly the fault of the culture perpetrated by them, and naturally they'd rig it to favor their own kind, knowingly or otherwise.

there are few asians in government and industry and they're still a fairly small portion of the population, so there's no reason to think they contributed significantly toward the current level of inclusiveness of the economic culture, and even if they did there's too few of them for complaining to do much good.
>>
>>53374278
Yes, since being a minority seems to mean that you are all of a sudden under privileged. Though being askan can mean anything from india, iran, china, japan, vietnam, indonesia or just about any other asian nation
>>
>>53374307
This.

>>53374318
>white people
>getting the short end of ANYTHING
>IN THEIR OWN FUCKING COUNTRY
m8

A non white person born in a white country is still socially, subconsciously or not, considered a foreigner.
>>
>>53374322
Or job their parents wanr them to have
>>
>>53374270
>>39% of Tumblr is Asian
Kek why did you include all these huge corporations then add tumblr
>>
>>53374334
>>53374359
that's the point, all these social justice types are constantly complaining that white men are overrepresented, yet they completely ignore how massively asians are overrepresented

that's the whole intent of this thread
>>
>>53374278
basically, yes. this system isn't fair. it's designed to attempt to equalize perceived systemic inequalities.
>>
What I find interesting is the fact the Whites are in line with how many there are in the country as a whole.
>>
why do europeans get along so well with one another

while asian populations are in a permanent state of "imma kill you" buttmad relative to one another
>>
>>53374481
Complaining about non whites is racist
>>
does this include contractors, basically fucking this entire analysis, or is it just FTEs?
>>
>>53374512

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unit_731
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nanking_Massacre
>>
>>53374512
are you fucking kidding me
european countries fighting with each other literally caused ww2
kill yourself
>>
File: 20160123_woc197.png (74 KB, 1190x756) Image search: [Google]
20160123_woc197.png
74 KB, 1190x756
>>53374497
Yet they are still screaming for 'diversity' and saying how 'whitewashed' everything is.

It was the same deal with the whole #oscarssowhite thing, if you have a look at how many black people have won oscars, they are actually overrepresented, Latinos and Asians are under-represented.

These people never use statistics or facts, they just make up a narrative and run with it. At the moment it's 'white people don everything bad and oppress everyone and take all the good jobs'.

>pic related
>>
>>53374392
>A non white person born in a white country is still socially, subconsciously or not, considered a foreigner.

So when is Japan, China, India etc going to be multicultural?
>>
>>53374512
>why do europeans get along so well with one another
it's weird that you're ignorant of all the historical conflict between all the western european powers, and all the recent conflicts in central europe, given how euro-centric history curricula tend to be.
>>
>>53374542
and now they're lovey dovey

but not asia.
ironically the hatred seems magnified between asian countries of the same race eg china/japan, india/pak than between races
>>
>>53374563
>given how euro-centric history curricula tend to be

>western countries
>eurocentric

damn, I wonder why....
>>
>>53374549
And liberals wonder why Donald Trump is popular
>>
>>53374512
>why do europeans get along so well with one another

People still hold grudges here mate. There is still potential for more war here.
>>
>>53374515
There was even this women who stated that because she was a minority woman she couldn't be sexist nor racist. SJW's are just an eyesore. I just wish that they could see their own hypocrisy
>>
>>53374561
>Japan
soon

>China
gl out breeding them now the one child policy is gone

>India
Really?
>>
>>53374580
Yeah I'm certain that the whole reason why the silent majority support him is because they are sick of hearing the fabricated 'injustices' that liberals keep trying to shove down everyone's throats.

Everyone is getting really sick of this progressive fad.
>>
>>53374512
Asians only hate other asians that are somewhat similar to their own race. Chinese and japs, indians and pakis, malaysians and indonesians.
>>
>>53374571
>and now they're lovey dovey
how old are you? there's tons of tension between european powers. they just find it's in their interest to negotiate concessions because organizations like NATO and the UN make it costly to engage in military warfare (especially when trade warfare is less destructive to one's own infrastructure).

NATO's policies dictate collective defense, as well. An attack on a member of NATO is considered an attack on all NATO members. That means declaring war on some piss ant like Belgium also incurs the military pressure of the United States.

Again, all this being said, there's lots of tension in eastern european territories, and central europe was in conflict all through the 90s. Kosovo was a literal war zone, and is still disputed now.
>>
>>53374630
Nobody in Asia likes Japan. It'll be the first to go in the happening.
>>
>>53374572
what are you trying to say? i'm arguing that euro-centric history curricula spends more time covering events in western european history - including conflicts - than it spends on africa, the middle east, east asia, etc...

if you think a euro-centric curriculum would be so misrepresentative of history that it would pretend there was no conflict to make western europe look better, then i have to advise you to stop being an idiot.
>>
>>53374512
>world wars didn't happen
>IRA didn't exist
>in fact, everything in the past millennium didn't happen
You what
>>
>>53374667
> that it would pretend there was no conflict to make western europe look better

no one said it did you dumb cunt
>>
>>53374698
I tried to interpret the bullshit comment "i wonder why" in every way that wasn't a non sequitur. if you meant something more substantive than "I wonder about things", you should post more than 3 of your own words.
>>
>>53374278
We should have a breakdown of the applicants. I bet it isn't even anywhere near 50% for women in tech. The same probably goes for blacks and latinos. If there's only 20% from a specific group applying, I absolutely see no problem on just featuring 20% of this corporation with these people.

I fucking hate this diversity bullshit.
>>
>>53374270
Because whites are still the majority and whites have a history of being oppressors so we have to knock them down a few pegs until they learn their place.
>>
>>53374650
Well Indians and most people from SEA who aren't of chinese descent don't particularly hate Japs.
>>
>>53374738
trust me, when shit hits the fan, it's people who shit on the street vs toiletfags.
>>
>>53374715
the problem, if fewer latinos are applying, is somewhere further up the pipeline. there's not "absolutely no problem" if genders are roughly equally split, no rigorous research justifies an argument that one gender is particularly better at math or reasoning than another, and yet one gender dominates either in applications or admissions to companies.

you're right that it's wrong to draw conclusions several steps ahead of the data in front of us, but the broader argument toward diversity requires that every stakeholder - employers, universities, society, parents, etc... - encourage parity. if it's just parents, kids will get rebuffed by everyone they encounter outside their home. if it's just in school, their parents will tell girls they should focus on being housewives rather than looking for meaningful careers. the permutations of incomplete encouragement go on and on.

i want to be clear that i'm agreeing that we need to break down the statistics or we'll end up with Simpson's Paradox all over again like fucking idiots learning stats for the first time, but it's not all this diversity shit isn't just bullshit.
>>
>>53374734
>learn their place
So, at the top? Ok!
>>
>>53374785
>knock them down a few pegs
>until they
>learn their place
maybe knock us down more than a few pegs if some of us can't read.
>>
>whites are literally underrepresented
If you look at the percentages of people studying tech, they are even more underrepresented. Ironic.
>>
>>53374823
where is that? we have a few infographics but i'm not seeing anything about university demographics.
>>
>>53374856
Thought it was common knowledge STEM is filled with whites and asiana.
>>
>>53374779
That's basically india and pakistan and perhaps china vs everyone else
>>
Actually Asians traditionally are over represented in the workforce for their population overall, but they are actually hired at a lower rate than blacks and other shit skins. There's proof of this out there.
>>
>>53374355
>asians not dominating tech
>samsung the biggest smartphone maker in the world
Keep telling yourself that mongoloid.
Literally almost all silicon not being fabbed by Intel has samsung/glofo / TSMC fingers on it.
>>
>>53374278
> Amazon has highest ratio of black people
> Only tech company with a huge warehouse

Self explanatory.
>>
>>53374867
common knowledge is fine until you actually sample universities broadly and find that your assumption about demographics was based on one longitudinal observation you made at the one university you attended. i went to a community college, a UC, and now am at a private university for grad school and i wouldn't make any generalizations about my observations (even though my experiences run the gamut).
>>
>>53374270
So are you going to cry out for more participation of Whites, Asians and Latinos in the NBA?
Literally eat shit, the reason it's like this because at the biggest companies in the world they still hire on merit despite whatever PR stories they tell about diversity.
>>
>>53374897
this is why these infographics are shit. tech company warehouse workers and other contractors are about as close to second-class citizenship as you can get in the first world in the 21st century. there are no jim crow laws or anything, but a contractor at microsoft has basically none of the institutional benefits that a FTE at microsoft enjoys. i interned at MSR over the summer and the contractors - mostly office admins, janitors, etc... - were literally a different class. their badges had a different color and everything. they didn't enjoy the same benefits FTEs (and interns, who enjoyed FTE benefits while interning) got.

i'm not saying it's right or wrong. i don't want to get into the shitshow over whether contractors are a legally or ethically acceptable categorization the way it's a shitshow with uber/lyft/handy/amazon mechanical turk and all their corresponding workers. i'm just pointing out that it is GROSSLY disingenuous to do demographic breakdowns of companies where the contractors and the full time employees are calculated together. either don't include the contractors at all, or separate them out.
>>
>>53374480
Because that is important for SJWs
>>
>>53374278
Yes.
Same with Jews and media
>>
>>53374270
>So why aren't the social justice types tackling this problem in the tech sector?
Ok so straight up I'll tell you guys that I am someone who would be labelled a social justice warrior, even though I'm a straight white male. I'm very left wing, I've protested for refugee rights, i was elected president of my student union etc. I am well ingrained in the social justice movement, if we want to call it that.
So I'll try and break this down. I am Australian though, not American, so the context and environment is a little different here.

There are many conflicting academic schools of thought that inform the social views of activists.
Oldschool marxists believe all oppression and discrimination is ultimately class based and therefore to do with your wealth. Poor are oppressed, rich are the oppressors.
Some subscribe to social conflict theory where wealth is irrelevant and that everything that is not the hegemony (straight white males) is inherently oppressed and we must flip the dialectic to push these people on top. This is currently the dominant thought.
Emerging thoughts on intersectionality believe it is more complex than that and draw back on the marxism to describe our various oppressed groups interact with each other.

I believe that Asian Americans are in a post-oppression state because, on average, there are now the richest racial group in America, and this is true across most developed nations, depending on how you subdivide your asian and white groups.

tl;dr
>Asians don't suffer racial discrimination because they are rich here and in thier home countries
>Many within the progressive movement still cling to the idea that everything not straight white and male is by default oppressed.
>Some companies pump up their diversity quotas with Asians.

Looking at that original graph, kudos to Apple, they are clearly trying the hardest. It's hard to ignore talented asians though.
>>
>>53374780
>but it's not all this diversity shit isn't just bullshit

But it is. How can you even make the assumption that x% of the population should be interested in y field? It's a massive, baseless assumption.

For example, why aren't isn't there a big push to get an equal representation of men in nursing? No one has ever been able to answer this question for me.

What about other fields too, what about the NBA, should be force diversity there, so it matches the population there? That would mean reducing the number of black players to 13%. What about the Olympics, West Africans do exceptionally well, should be we decide that someone is actually being racist here and start handing out awards according to ethnicity?

All of this forced diversity shit operates on the same assumption: that there should be an exact equal distribution of all genders/ethnicities etc in ever field. Why do you even think that should be the case? It's an incredibly stupid assumption to make in the first place.
>>
>>53375087
>Some subscribe to social conflict theory where wealth is irrelevant and that everything that is not the hegemony (straight white males) is inherently oppressed and we must flip the dialectic to push these people on top. This is currently the dominant thought.

How do people this dumb even manage to survive. I can see why Marxism is so universally hated.

Also, maybe, just maybe, Asians are better at technical work than Latinos or Blacks, that's why they are overrepresented. But you Marxists all operate under the ASSUMPTION that everyone ethnic group is 100% equal in every way, despite their being a large amount of evidence to the contrary. It's honestly one of the most stupid ideas I've ever heard, you all operate under the false pretence that everyone is identical and social issues are what cause every difference in the world.

At least do yourself a favour and watch this:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOnQPXuU81Q
>>
>>53375087
>I've protested for refugee rights

I have an honest question to ask you. Do you actually want open borders? Because all the people I've ever spoken to about the issue of mass immigration of economic migrants hasn't thought past 'OMG THEM POOR PEOPLE'. They've never considered, the economic or social factors involved in just letting anyone in from a country just because they're poor. If I, or anyone else where to try to emmigrate to Europe at the moment, it would take years for me to be processed, why should these people be exempt from those laws?

Keep in mind that I'm not talking about the genuine Syrian refugees, as they only make up about 20% of the migrants entering Europe at the moment.
>>
>>53375128
>But it is. How can you even make the assumption that x% of the population should be interested in y field? It's a massive, baseless assumption.
the null hypothesis is that things should be monotonically random. without evidence, you should expect women, men, blacks, whites, etc... to be competent and interested in given subject X at the same rate (again, allowing for randomness).

The point is that we don't see similar percentages because women, minorities, etc... are less interested in these fields. the question, then, is why. the implicit answer is that people are discouraged in various (sometimes subtle, and often unintentional) ways from pursuing these fields.

if you have some evidence explaining why women and black people and latinos and these other minorities are less interested in these jobs, that would be worth presenting.

the counter-argument about the NBA is specious and you must know that. it's a physical sport selecting for taller people. black people are more likely to have rapid twitch muscles, making them better at high-paced sports like these, as well as sprinting and whatnot.

but more importantly, there's no premise that the NBA is a workplace representative (either aspiring to be or in reality) of the real world.

also, continuing to call it "forced diversity shit" makes you sound like teen hitler
>>
>>53375278
>the counter-argument about the NBA is specious and you must know that. it's a physical sport selecting for taller people. black people are more likely to have rapid twitch muscles, making them better at high-paced sports like these, as well as sprinting and whatnot.

There's also a lot of evidence to say that IQs are higher in European, East Asians and Ashkenazi Jews, or does this genetic superiority argument only work when it's a minority who benefits from it?

>the implicit answer is that people are discouraged in various (sometimes subtle, and often unintentional) ways from pursuing these fields

So again, I'll ask the question, why is there not a push for more men to be in nursing? Are you saying that there is some kind of pressure stopping men from going into nursing, and if everything were idea there would be a 50/50 split. Because I'm sure you realise how absurd that argument becomes when you start considering things like maternal instinct and testosterone.

>also, continuing to call it "forced diversity shit" makes you sound like teen hitler

And you calling someone hitler for saying something you don't like makes you sound exactly like the over exaggerating smug leftist who likes to circlejerk on social media and watch John Oliver justify his arguments on a weekly basis by claiming it's the current year.
>>
>>53375278
> it's a physical sport selecting for taller people.

For your information, Europeas are actually taller on average than Africans. The Dutch are especially tall. You are just seeing the genetic freaks of blacks in NBA.

Maybe Europeans and East Asians are overrepresented in tech sector jobs because they are more intelligent by virtue of genetics too? Or does that not fit your narrative?
>>
>>53374270
>So why aren't the social justice types tackling this problem in the tech sector?

Are you stupid or just naive?
What makes you think SJWs care about their talking points.
They just hate white men and everything they associate with white men. Any apparent contradictions like the one you're pointing out disappear when you look at it as a matter of kill the white men and everything they stand for.
Why do you think they support Islam so much despite the fact that in a Muslim country they'd be thrown off a roof, stoned or hoisted to hang with a construction crane. Because Islam = brown people's religion, therefore it's good.
Not even gay white men are safe from the anger of progressives, they're basically as "privileged" as straight white men now.
>>
>>53375475
Don't worry, it was just sarcasm to start a conversation.

I agree with you completely, let's just take a moment to realise how stupid these people are by quoting the self confessed 'Marxist' who commented above:

>Some subscribe to social conflict theory where wealth is irrelevant and that everything that is not the hegemony (straight white males) is inherently oppressed and we must flip the dialectic to push these people on top. This is currently the dominant thought.

As you've said, they simply hate straight white men. They really are that dumb, and they openly admit to it like it's some kind of virtuous and rational philosophy.

This has actually been an enlightening thread, I did not realise 'Marxists' were this stupid.
>>
>>53374896
and they all got ASML fingers on em :^)
>>
Its OK because we didn't use privilege to get where we are
>>
>>53375643
How do you know?

Asians are typically seen as being intelligent, friendly, non-violent, hard workers. These are privileges you have over black, latinos and some white people.
>>
File: 1457172510327.jpg (35 KB, 412x371) Image search: [Google]
1457172510327.jpg
35 KB, 412x371
>>53375656
They're not privileges if they're real
>>
>>53375656
They're not privileges, they're inherent attributes.
>>
File: naturevsnurture.png (57 KB, 750x477) Image search: [Google]
naturevsnurture.png
57 KB, 750x477
>>53375278
Do you understand how fragile your argument is and how baseless your claims are?
>>
>>53374270
>Other bar
>Not green
ayy
>>
>>53374270
>>53374278
All other races just need to git good.
>>
>>53374563
I'm from a white country in the commonwealth and our history in school was Egypt, the renaissance and a fuck load of history about our own country.
>>
Tech and computers are 99% math and calculus, no need to know how to interact or be social at all. That's why Asians are all on it.
>>
>>53374334
I dont mind having plenty of asian qts. Their men can fuck right off though unless its some shit wage slave job
>>
>>53376979
>female asians in tech
lol no, enjoy your sausage fest.
>>
>>53377018
That's whay im saying. Their inferiority complex ridden beta males can get the shitty tedious jobs. The qts can come work at my place
>>
>>53377041
>He has to resort to dating coworkers
>>
c-can I bump to see if I'm banned? It's already on top
>>
>>53374278
The fuck is going on with nvidia
>all those asians
>all those half breeds
>least whites
>least women
>>
>>53377120
The CEO is a cutthroat chink and HB1 visas.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.