[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
One of the pathologists I work with (I work at a cancer lab)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: 717Fx7kGMOL._SL1300_.jpg (129 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
717Fx7kGMOL._SL1300_.jpg
129 KB, 1300x1300
One of the pathologists I work with (I work at a cancer lab) recently suggested I invest in a digital voice recorder to help with my studying since I'm back in school to become a histotechnologist.

What does /g/ recommend for such a task?
>>
>>53372695
/g/ recommends you go fuck yourself

/g/ is not your review, blog or advice site
>>
Use siri :^)
>>
>>53372695
What's wrong with using your phone or laptop? OneNote and basically any note-taking app literally has a record button you can use
>>
>>53372695
Depends how you work but any recorder is fine. Phone are not that good, depending on the place you want to record in. (small closed space ? big auditorium ? )

Buy a cheap one, which doesn't look too shaby and be as close as possible to the sound you want to record.
>>
>>53372695
>recording lectures
I'm tutoring Bio 1 this semester and these idiots amaze me.
They record the professor, take notes and pictures of the board, suck his cock during lab and office hours and STILL manage to do awful.
Don't be a moron. Just pay attention and study before the exam. The hardest shit you'll take is probably General Bio or some shit.
>>
>>53372695
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/757065-REG/Tascam_DR_05_DR_05_Portable_Handheld_Digital.html

if you want to splurg, these are fine
>>
>>53372695
Can i have a cancer sample please?
I want to pass out in my sleep without feeling pain.
Thanxs
>>
>>53372695
It really depends. I remember a mineralogy professor that was a bitter fuck, and in order to force people to attend his class, he didn't give out adequate study material and expect everyone to take notes.
If you have one of these guys, yeah, get a recorder.
But otherwise, I would never bother to re-listen something like 50 hours of lectures.
>>
>>53372922
The audio quality on modern phones sucks ass, also one button recording ftw
>>
File: x9KJHtk.jpg (126 KB, 1294x913) Image search: [Google]
x9KJHtk.jpg
126 KB, 1294x913
>>53373357
doesn't work that way
>>
File: $_57.jpg (247 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
$_57.jpg
247 KB, 1200x1600
>>53372695
I have pic related voice recorder, would recommend it for recording lectures (which is what i used it for). Bought it in 2012 so you might get it cheap or the next edition
>>
If you have adequate notes and textbooks to study from, don't bother recording. Do you really have time to listen to lectures over and over?
>>
>>53373198
wait are you in MY class?

i dont get how those idiots fail

not to mention even when the prof tells them recording is not allowed they go and do it anyway
>>
Anything with a microSD slot I would presume
>>
>>53372695
A lot of courses these days are recorded, for those days when you miss lecture.

You'll absolutely never go back and listen to the recording though.
>>
File: image.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>>53372695
this, if u dont wanna listen back to a fuzzy old-radio-tier recording
>>
>>53373357
>Can i have a cancer sample please?
>>>/s4s/
>>>/r9k/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>53372695
a class mate of mine used her phone and it came out alright, just use your damn phone you won't even listen to 10% of the lectures again anyways
>>
>>53377903
aren't you a funny fellow eh

forgot /g/ and /v/, oh yeah and /a/ and /mlp/, /jp/
>>
>>53372695
Tascam DR40
>>
>>53376644
Zoom H1 is pretty nice. Cheap on ebay, works as USB mic, and you can get the little accessories kit for like $5 too.
>>
>>53372695
is the pathologist in his 40's or older? Nobody uses those dedicated recorders anymore except for old people who've been using them since the beginning
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.