[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Creator of Gentoo Uses OSX & Windows Because he is Still
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3
File: DanielRobbins.jpg (144 KB, 500x408) Image search: [Google]
DanielRobbins.jpg
144 KB, 500x408
The Creator of Gentoo Uses OSX & Windows Because he is Still Lazy to configure the system for Desktop use.

>hurr durr install memeOS
>>
His time is worth a lot of money, of course he doesnt want to fuss around with gnu/linux

all of us on /g/ live in our parents basements and our labor is worth 7.25 an hour. we don't care.
>>
>>53370466
>creates gentoo
>time worth something
come on
>>
Quote from Daniel Robbins...

"I will useWindows 7or Mac OS interchangeably as desktops, and often surprise people when they find this out. I actually try to avoid using Linux on the desktop because it's a distraction from my focus, which is Linux userspace internals (non-GUI stuff.)

If I set up X, I tend to waste a week trying to tweak the font rendering, and then I start thinking about creating my own desktop environment... gotta stay focused..."
>>
your reasoning suggests serious mental illness OP
>>
Linux will be ready for desktop use when Linus himself decides it's time to make a standard desktop environment
>>
>>53373118

what are you talking about? that's the dumbest shit i've ever heard.
>>
>>53373163
Fragmentation freetard
>>
>>53373512
There is nothing wrong with choice.
>>
People on /g/ keep saying shit like "desktop use" and "the desktop", but i've never seen a clear and non-troll definition, just dumb shit like "hurr, photoshop, gaymes, and nvidya drivers"

>>53373539
There's a little something wrong when every single mainline distro keeps pushing GNOME even though they're the ones that hate backwards compatibility and consistent, populist design the most. GNOME makes apple look like a bunch of normal people who care deeply about giving users what they want, not what they should want.
>>
>>53373689
Dude what? Like half the popular distros are actually optimized for KDE
>>
>>53371247
In other words, the awesome customization possibilities of Linux lure him into being a faggy useless ricer, and he needs a shittier operating system to keep himself focused. I'm similar. I use a completely different browser for school/work then I do for youtube/shitposting, so that when I close my shitposting browser, mentally I am attatched to my school task.
>>
>>53373711
No anon, SUSE isn't popular. .deb based distros are the community standard.
>>
>>53370439
>uses windows and osx.
>obviously not right in the head.
> how long before this unfortunate man takes his own life.
>first debian. now gentoo.
>>
File: funtoo.png (46 KB, 692x395) Image search: [Google]
funtoo.png
46 KB, 692x395
>>53370439
:^))
>>
>>53370439
Install gentoo
>>
I always switch to Windows when I need to be productive.
>>
Shills spamming this here every day. Reeks of desperation.
>>
>>53373726
>SUSE isn't popular
You don't get out of burgerland much, do you?
>>
>>53375263
Thread debunked, OP is a faggot.
>>
>>53370439
Gentoo is useless for desktop though, Arch is much better for that.
>>
>>53373711
KDE sucks though. It hasn't gotten past alpha state
>>
>>53373726
SUSE Linux Enterprise defaults to Gnome 3 and doesn't even have KDE packaged.
you are prolly confusing it with openSUSE.
>>
>>53375263
>07.2015
by now he may use something else
>>
>>53376933
you're not a shill because you prefer something. but it's still annoying to see fellow windows/osx users giving us a bad name with this.
>>
File: installgentoo.jpg (248 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
installgentoo.jpg
248 KB, 1280x720
>>53370439
>>
>>53370439
hurr durr install memeOS
>>
>>53370439
Gentoo isn't a good OS because of the vulnerability in libc, I recommend switching to hardened unix with a freudhymen noroven interface.
>>
>>53373726

SLED ships with GNOME as default.
>>
>>53379437
>collect all seven dragonballs
>summon shenron
>"What is your wish?"
>"install gentoo on my computer pls"
>...
>"Your wish is beyond my power to grant"
>>
people shouldn't waste their time with anything other than centOS, because any job you may apply for in the future will require experience with red hat distros.
>>
>>53380324
the dragon would need a phd in complex security analysis before i would do my banking on that shitshow
>>
>>53380326
That's reason number 1924182423 that Im starting my own business at night while i keep my day job.
>>
>>53380297
Gentoo is immune to the "vulnerability in libc". You should also research your claims before making an ass out of yourself like you just did.
>>
>>53380297
this kind of shit is why linux is entirely inappropriate for most human beings
>>
>>53370439
hey I forgot to filter "OSX"

thanks for the reminder ;^)
>>
>>53380564
Meanwhile, every other OS...
>>
>The Creator of Gentoo Uses OSX & Windows Because he is Still Lazy to configure the system for Desktop use.
lol what are you German or something?
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.