[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How can I become a hacker, /g/? I dont want to hurt anyone,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5
File: anonymous-guy-fawkes-mask.jpg (26 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
anonymous-guy-fawkes-mask.jpg
26 KB, 320x240
How can I become a hacker, /g/?

I dont want to hurt anyone, I just want to have the skills to drive us toward a better tomorrow.
>>
By mastering gentoo of course. You already know how to use the command prompt right? Using gentoo should take you about a week if you are dedicated enough.
>>
>>53368921
installing centos, gaining access to your neighbors wifi, downloading her sweet nudes, cumming on everything.

don't forget to use proxychains, 2 vpn's and public wi-fi when doing any hacking
>>
You're under the age of 18, OP. How did I know that? Because some of us here are members of anonymous, and I (might) just be one of them ;)

They don't want any more hackers in the scene. If I were you, I'd watch out before leaving your house tomorrow. We've got your IP address and street, and I'd be careful when leaving your house tomorrow morning OP. We might just have a little surprise for you in a little inconspicuous parked car.
>>
>>53369225
>not posting the superior carat nosed smiley face
:^)
>>
>>53368921
Why would you think that the skills related to hacking would "drive us toward a better tomorrow"?
>>
>>53368921
>skills to drive us toward a better tomorrow.
then get a job your stupid fucking neet.
>>
>>53368921
>give me a gun people, I don't wanna kill anyone.
>>
Go to college study math learn computer science III
>>
>>53369307
I actually need to get a good math class next semester. Been out of school for so long bullshitting with this warehouse job.
>>
>>53369342
Unless this thread was b8, your only option at this point is to really just an hero.
>>
File: sd.jpg (54 KB, 640x624) Image search: [Google]
sd.jpg
54 KB, 640x624
>>53368921
Study ethical hacking.
Profit.
>>
>>53369342
Have your mom drive you to the bookstore and get a reference book. Math is easy to relearn.
>>
>>53368921

>I want to do something stupid and get v&

Wew
>>
>>53368921
install pentoo
>>
Whats so good about gentoo? Im only asking because people in this thread are reccomending it.
>>
>>53368921
Install gentoo, rice it and post in the desktop thread
>>
>>53369410
holy fuck kill yourself and never come back here again. We don't need plebbit scum like you polluting this board.
>>
>>53369225
Literally the fucking most flaming shit I've read in /g/ all month. Quit talking like you aren't a fedora fag and learn something that isn't a downloaded GUI piece of shit. I'm sick of little shits like you playing make believe hacker RPG on /g/.
>>
>>53369428
why are you being so mean?
>>
>>53369410
It's what the cool hackers use.
>>
>>53369435
It's called b8 you stupid cunt. Calm the fuck down, there's no point in getting this mad at an anonymous user on the internet that you will never even have to interact with again.

Or you could do us all a favor and kill yourself, since now that I've gotten your IP and MAC address your life is going to be complete hell :^)

Seriously, we're coming for you.
>>
>>53369443
There's nothing wrong with being mean to autistic faggot niggers.
>>
>>53369443
It's a useful tool in any kind of computer enthusiasts tool kit. Also get used to it, just how internet warriors are.
>>
>>53369410
You can spend your entire life customizing it, and doing so is difficult enough to feel like hacking but without any legal repercussions.
>>
>>53369225
Ahhhh, the ol' Pringles can on top of the car. It blew off both hands off one guy some years back. BTW, who grabs a can of Pringles off the roof of their car with two hands?
>>
>>53369435
i don't know who's baiting who anymore
>>
>>53369443
This hoal board is filled with potty munchers, just the nature for someone to throw pine cones and shit than come at you realistically.
>>
>>53369511
I'm not baiting anyone. I already have extracted your IP from this website's internal database since I just finished hacking the mainframe in Kali.

I also have several keyloggers installed on your pc as we speak, so you should really watch your tongue here, boy. You may think it's anonymous, but if I get pissed off I'll release my inner demon and fuck over your life with my hacking skills.
>>
>>53368921
Gonna give you a serious reply unlike these "ironic" try hard poser wannabe hackstas.

Travel to China. An hero. Get reincarnated as a Chinese and then join their military. Profit when you participate in World War 3 as an elite super hacker!
>>
File: 1444503796194.jpg (8 KB, 244x207) Image search: [Google]
1444503796194.jpg
8 KB, 244x207
>>53368921
> join the navy
> request to work for navy Intel
> get trained in infosec
> get paid shit for being a little naval IT cuck monkey
> spend all day in a dark hole staring at a screen filled with "very serious north Korean and Chinese cyber threats"
> actually believe that you are defending your country from every type of digital threat
>>
>>53368921
It's called hard fucking work.

Start off by using a Linux distro.
Learn the ins and outs.
Learn how to write shell scripts.
Learn python for writing quick n dirty scripts.

Next, move on to learning a programming language.
C++ takes a while to learn but is powerful; learn C++ before C even if you want to learn C.
You need to learn not only how to code, but how to write code well and how to spot bad code.
Start compiling the source code of programs you use.

"Hacking" is a very borad and overused term. What specifically do you want to do? If you mean you want to play CTF (capture the flag), you're going to want to learn the basics on networking and penetration testing. Wireshark, nmap, metasploit, etc.
But even then, you're still depending on other people's tools and work. It really takes patience and there's no guarentee you'll be able to find a way into a specific system within the day, month, or year. Sometimes you wait for exploits to become public then you hit your target before they update (this is getting harder because autoupdating is far more common these days).
If you want to start finding exploits yourself, you may have to learn lower level languages (and by that I mean assembly) - again it depends on what you're trying to target.

You should learn Discrete Mathematics, but I doubt you'll bother.

Are you trying to hit webservers? Okay...then learn PHP, JavaScript, SQL (also MySQL and other SQL langs) and C# (specifically ASP.NET). Learn all about the LAMP stack.
The best way to figure out how to break into a webserver is to setup, configure, and run a webserver yourself. What defaults could lead to compromise?
What's popular software or APIs that may be vulnerable?
When will sysadmins and devs get lazy?

If you're willing to spend months reading textbooks & watching tutorial videos, practicing with programming and pen testing tools, and maybe even studying for certificates, then you'll eventually end up far better off than most.
>>
>>53368921
first you've got to learn how to dress, in case we want to make contact in a form of an interview.

1. tank top/t-shirt
2. hoodie/leathercoat
3. sunglasses
4. waxed hair, either spiky-wild or alle slicked back.
5. cargo pants
6. suiting shoes

if we decide to email you, we will send you all info you need to know. Don't worry, we know your email already.
>>
First of all, are you more of a gnome or a kde guy?
>>
>>53369570
>no google results
Nigger did you actually fucking type this all up? As soon as OP finishes an heroing I think you should go right after.
>>
>>53369583
Well, what can I say? Old habits die hard ;)
>>
>I dont want to hurt anyone, I just want to have the skills to drive us toward a better tomorrow.
You can't do one without the other.
>>
>>53369608
I had to cut out 1000 words & it took about 5 minutes to type.
>>
>>53369623
You didn't fucking answer the question you dirty goyim.
>>
>>53369570
This.... This guy knows.

>dat metasploit

Just had to clinch my teeth reading all that.
>>
>>53369570
OP here.

Thanks dude, im just gonna learn all of that now, brb.
>>
>>53369568
the navy does a lot of reverse engineering
>>
>>53369673
Cool. Have you finished yet?
>>
File: 4ybg2jx.jpg (121 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
4ybg2jx.jpg
121 KB, 1024x1024
>>53369570
Good to see a serious response once in a while. Here's a pupper
>>
>>53369662
People don't patch their shit.
There are even people still using windows XP.
Why would you avoid using metasploit specifically? Because it's popular?
I bet you stop listening to songs when lots of people start listening to them, don't you? What a sad way to live life.
>>
>>53369570
ACTUAL OP here.

You say start off using linux, then say "learn this, learn scripts etc"

Can you give me some reference materal to go off? Id happily read textbooks If i knew which ones would be best.

cheers in advance.
>>
>>53369570
you should learn assembly and c before c++
>>
>>53369733
Mein Kampf
>>
>>53369733
Different anon, here.
http://xfmro77i3lixucja.onion/
Thank me when you're 1337
>>
>>53369761
that link looks extroidinarily dangerous...
>>
>>53369729
It's not a sad way to live life to be honest. I enjoy being against the grain..... No matter how far it casted me into an Outcast.
>>
>>53368921
>lrn2program
>master it
>???
>be a l337 h4x0r
>>
>>53369799
It's a link to the Imperial Library. Lots of free ebooks. Take a chance on me, anon.
>>
>>53369733
"Best" is highly subjective.
Most of your learning is going to come from you diving into things.
Are you afraid of wasting your time learning? Then I suggest you stop now because you'll never finish.
I'm not going to suggest a specific book to you, because I don't know what your long term goal is. What exactly are you trying to do?
https://github.com/vhf/free-programming-books/blob/master/free-programming-books.md

It took me years to learn. The resources are all there. You find a book you don't like? Okay. So long as you gave it a fair chance just toss it and go on to the next. Do not fear wasting your time when the goal is to learn.

Are you stuck somewhere? Try youtube.

Okay okay so I lied - I will recommend one book to you.
Once you're done learning C++ and C, I would recommend Computer Organization & Design: The Hardware/Software Interface.
Get yourself a tablet that can view pdfs and epubs. If you're doing something outside of your home like waiting in line - read as much as you can. Cram as much "study" time in between.
Use the fuck out of these resources https://www.reddit.com/r/trackers/comments/hrgmv/tracker_with_pdfsebooks_of_college_textbooks/c1xrq44

If you're really interested, there are universities that publish their class lecture slides and other materials. Start googling for that.

Start off trying to be a computer scientist. Once you've spent A LOT of time there, then move on to "hacker". I would even suggest you move on to a different area of specialization, namely cryptography.
Why? Well that's mostly for the more serious targets, but also so you can know your own limits.

Remember rule #1: whatever you do, even if it's completely legal, do not get caught.
If you ever become a person of interest, you'd better make sure you already have full encryption on your hard drive.

Fucking word count limit again, sorry.
>>
>>53369807
Have fun writing those redundant POCs, anon. If you don't even try to use the common exploit frameworks chances are you'll be spending most of your time reinventing the wheel.

>>53369747
No.
>>
File: smug3.png (117 KB, 372x351) Image search: [Google]
smug3.png
117 KB, 372x351
>>53369225
>'anonymoose hackrz'
>leaving the house
>>
>>53369551
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.
>>
>>53370165
>posting the vanilla copypasta
1/10 made me respond.
Here's your (You)
>>
>>53369961
yes. the code you see when you reverse engineer is going to be assembly, and if anything it is going to be c.

c++ is not nearly as prevalent
>>
>>53370183
Your life must be shit. I mean you can say what you want, but when I see this kind of negativity it becomes clear: this is how you reinforce your confidence.
>>
>>53369761
>>53369812
Thank you!
>>
>>53370205
If he wants to be a hacker, he should learn how to make his own tools. That's what C++ is for. If you learn C first, you'll be learning bad programming practices.

You don't go into programming by learning how to reverse engineer a program first you idiot. You go into programming by learning how to make programs first in a language that isn't utter shit.
>in b4 >C++ >not utter shit
>>
I just wanna be like you guys.
I want to understand what you're talking about and join in.
>>
Always remember that hacking is more about people than anything. For example at our local library I was tampering with their network and sniffing peoples passwords, but in order to do this I needed the password to the wpa2 encrypted staff network. So instead of trying to use fern to crack the password (which would have taken hours) I walked up to the counter and asked for the password, and sure enough they gave it to me, and the worst part is that they didn't even ask why I needed the password to the staff network, they just have it to me
>>
>>53370277
Actually, my life is quite nice. But I wouldn't expect an autistic nigger to understand that.
>>
>>53370343
>C is le shit language XD

it was pretty easy to tell you don't work in security, and you just proved it.

go back to your windows hate thread kid
>>
>>53368921
Says Ed Snowden
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.