[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it worth getting the Nexus 6p?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: nexus-6p-9693.0.jpg (475 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
nexus-6p-9693.0.jpg
475 KB, 2500x1667
It looks pretty good!
>>
>>53340200
it won't look good when it's bent
>>
Dont worry its not an iphone
>>
Uhhhhhhhh never mind
>>
>no wireless charging

What a fuck up. When I saw that in the specs I couldn't believe it. I couldn't deal without wireless charging pads at home and work now.
>>
Yeah i was going for this or the s7. Since the s7 has expandable storage, wireless charging, and waterproof. But its going to be an extra $170
>>
>>53340334
100% worth it. the build quality is world's apart. huawei=useless chink shit, bends easier than spoons ; samsung=best build money can buy

the display on 6p is super overrated as well, don't forget to factor that in. the displays on samsung are 10/10

this is a case where $170 is more than worth it
>>
It's pretty good. The finger print scanner stands out from other phones. Camera is pretty good. ROMs and dev community is good, typical of Nexus phones, and MultiROM got released for the 6P recently.

Two downsides
-vibration is weak. You can increase this with root and Kernel Adiutor
-back is slippery. "muh aluminum feel" nah it's slippery, get at least a slim case
>>
>>53340461
What's the point of ROMs when you're already on stock Android
>>
>>53340560
Added functionality and customization. I'm using Pure Nexus which has a bunch of tweaks in the settings and the CM Theme engine. The same can be done with Xposed but doing it with ROMs saves a bit of battery.
>>
>>53340461
Yeah true but would you consider a downside that the phone is huge also? I never bought or owned a huge phone ever. Right now i have the s3 its about to die.
>>
File: turbo2.jpg (248 KB, 1200x760) Image search: [Google]
turbo2.jpg
248 KB, 1200x760
>>53340364

>samsung=best build money can buy

>get samsung gs6
>drop it from a couch, barely 18 inches to the floor
>glass shatters, renders digitizer useless, phone useless
>get droid turbo 2
>drop it off a 3rd story balcony onto concrete
>pick it up, no damage to speak of, make a call
>throw it (literally) onto a highway
>watch cars, trucks, even semis roll over it
>see droid turbo 2 flailing all over the place like a dandelion in a hurricane
>pick up droid turbo 2
>no noticeable damage of any kind
>order a pizza
>laugh about all the stupid fucking people buying anything less than a droid turbo 2
>stupid fucking people will be the death of us all
>>
>>53340308
More importantly - no SD card slot. For me - that's just unacceptable.
>>
>>53341543
>"hurr durr i need more than 32 GB on my phone"

:^)
>>
>>53340586
It's a little bit big but not terrible. I'm 6ft so it's not a huge deal.
>>
>>53341602
That could easily get filled with a large music collection. And with more space you have room for stuff like DriveDroid ISOs or game ROMs
>>
>>53342945
The very idea of limiting the user is just unacceptable in my mind. I'm going to have as much storage space on my phone as some manufacturer decided... This is what really bothers me.
>>
>>53341521
Lenovo pls
>>
>>53341602
I fell for the microSD meme and regret it now, only 20gb used of 32gb + a 128gb mSD.

>inb4 the weeaboo "but muh cartoons" defense force
>>
>no mSD slot
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>53343116
Well, what about music and apps?
>>
>>53340200

I've had it for a few months it still runs great, smooth like butter.

>>53340271
nah

also I'd get a good case for it though, I'd highly reccommend google's case this one here, the back feels fuzzy and I've dropped the phone screen first a few times and it has done a good job protecting it every time, no dents or screen cracks whats so ever.

https://store.google.com/product/adopted_case_n6p
>>
No, just get the nexus 6
>>
>>53341521
>buying a motorola phone
kek
>>
>>53343134
Eh i can fit ~2000 songs in 9gb with based Opus.
>>
>no microsd slot
no thanks, I don't like being cucked
>>
>>53343251

its true I stream all my music and I am on google fi and the music streaming alone accounts for like 35% of my data. Wish google wouldn't charge for data streamed on their services which I also pay for. I am cucked to the max.
>>
>memephone
>no sd slut
>no wireless charging
>ugly ass camera hood
>huwawei lel
kek
>>
It cost almost nothing to put in a microsd card slot - even the cheapest crappy phones usually have one. So if a high end phone lacks one, it is because the OEM wants too screw you over.
>>
>>53343315
samshit bringing back the sd and waterproof was pretty nice desu but samsung doesnt seem to last long withtout getting performance issues
>>
>>53343116
why'd you buy a huge ass SD card if you didn't plan on using it?
>>
>>53343374
When I had an s4 it wouldnt even let me store half the stuff I wanted to on the sd. Hope that android in general removed that meme restriction
>>
>>53343159
>buying cases from the Google Store
Don't do that. Accessories from the Google Store are always over priced and almost always shitty
>>
Not having a micro sd slut is unforgivable. These companies want to cuck us to death. Fuck nexus
>>
>>53343374
"just in case" also SDs are cheap.

But yeah, my next phone will be with fixed internal storage, i can't even fill 32gb.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.