[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In your oppinion, what programming languages offer the highest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: someshitIgoogled.png (848 KB, 2312x1135) Image search: [Google]
someshitIgoogled.png
848 KB, 2312x1135
In your oppinion, what programming languages offer the highest income, excluding anything IT related?
>>
>>53329779

By excluding IT, I mean other projects ofc (no Cisco, no routing protocols, etc).
>>
>>53329779
not OP
bump
>>
File: Best Programming Languages.jpg (149 KB, 649x544) Image search: [Google]
Best Programming Languages.jpg
149 KB, 649x544
>>
File: averagesalary.png (60 KB, 400x577) Image search: [Google]
averagesalary.png
60 KB, 400x577
>>
>>53329779
Nothing.

The truth of the matter is the "MAKE MONEY" language is always a fad and WILL no longer pull in what is is today, tomorrow.

If you want to pull in money and prestige at a company you need to work to be in the place that makes the money and show that off to the people who matter there.

If you write CRUD applications in basic but that makes the company money you'll pull far more than the someone who can write better than you in everything if they don't pull the company money.

Programming is part of getting some where, not somewhere to go.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31 KB, 1920x1080
>>53330355
>>
Vhdl, c, c#, Python, and then MATLAB
>>
>>53329779
Google use mostly C++, that should give it away.
>>
>>53329779
SQL, Java, C++
>>
>>53330527
Yup SQL
>>
>>53330412
>some where
>>
isnt it java?
>>
cobalt
fortran
>>
>>53330225
how come python is so high?
is it just data analysts or web developers also?

Do these data scientists have highest salaries?
I dont even know what they do
>>
>>53330704
>isnt it java?

Java is the most common which means you will never be out of a job. (Usual shit pay unless you price yourself)
Then its in the total fucking air with the language and widely varying degrees of availability. If you can fit the skillset you can start out more
Then you get to the wizard jobs who gets paid six figures super easy because they are one of only a hundred who know how, for rxarmplr,to program COBOL which ALL banks still use.
>>
i do pretty good making stuff on second life
>>
>>53329779
Haskell

Not because you'll get hired to write Haskell

But because companies hire Haskell programmers and make them write other languages
>>
Language is a tool, Programming is the discipline.

Learn to programme and be open minded to changing tools.
>>
>>53331120
>Java is the most common
in startups and apps etc etc maybe
C and C++ are far more popular
>>
>Those variable names
Jesus christ
>>
>>53329779
How could that be opinionated?
>>
>>53329779
Hoon/Nock.
>>
>>53330460
Google literally makes most of their stuff in Python, Java, and Go
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.