[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain this shit? /v should be the board but I assume CS and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1
File: Mineshaft.png (293 KB, 642x455) Image search: [Google]
Mineshaft.png
293 KB, 642x455
Explain this shit?
/v should be the board but I assume CS and tech people from /v come to /g and also /v is pure cancer.
>>
>>53325342
explain what?
>>
He made a massively popular game. Or at least owned the rights to a massively popular game, which microsoft bought out for a ridiculous price, not realising that the minecraft train was running out of steam.
>>
What's there to explain?

He just got extremely lucky, he didn't plan his game to become a worldwide hit that will make him a millionaire. He later learned he filled a niche he didn't even know about.

Word of mouth and youtube contributed to the success of minecraft way more than any marketing persson did himself.
>>
>>53325374
i can assure you it's still pretty popular with 6-11 year olds
>>
>/v
>/g
>>
>>53325342
He got lucky.

Made a popular game, kids love it, kids ask money from parents, he got rich.
M$ saw the potential of the game for more profit through branding and what not, bought the game.

It the same with shit like flappy bird or any other mobile junk. It needs proper viral marketing and some good luck.

Good for him.
>>
>>53325392
So you mean 6-11 yo gamers are more in numbers than 18+ gamers and they spend more money on games?
>>
>>53325342

hey, im glad he did so well
and minecraft was a labor of love that hit gold
>>
>>53325392
I don't hang out with 6-11 year olds so I wouldn't know.
>>
>>53325374
>running out of steam.

It's still massively popular with anyone 12yr old and under.
>>
>>53325342
You don't have the measure of publicity/attention one ripple in internet get and the spider of money bit him right.
>>
>>53325374
Classic Microsoft move: buy a company after its prime.
>>
>>53325505
not sure about more, but there's a lot of them
most money put into minecraft is put into 3rd party server shit though, mojang doesn't get any of that
kids have parents with money

>>53325530
i hang out with people with kids those ages
>>
>>53325534
12yr olds are a great market with all that expendable income....oh, shit!
>>
Didn't he marry that woman only to get divorced after less than a year and now has to pay her stupid amounts in alimony?
>>
>>53325342
Explain what? Are you so retarded you can't spend 5 seconds figuring out why he's so rich?

MS bought Minecraft for billions of dollars.
>>
>>53325560
you have no idea, m8
kids don't know what is a sensible purchase, and many parents let their kids have whatever
the parents often don't look into what is being bought in online games

selling in-game shit doesn't really work with anyone older, what sensible adult would buy in-game items with real fucking money?
>>
>>53325505
>>53325545
>thinking Microsoft just bought "the game"
Do you suffer from literal autism?

The brand, concept, merch etc. is making this a massive win for them that they'll cash in on for decades
>>
>>53325505
Kids have amazing purchasing power by both being dumb and annoying enough so that their parents cave in. They're like women in that respect.
>>
>>53325560
Honestly they get all the money from their parents so they don't value it enough and they waste it on shit like this.

Adult people (not manchildren) can't just drop money on everything unless they have been quite successful. In my country everyone's "poor" technically but every other kid still buys stupid shit like the new call of duty DLC.
>>
>>53325342
>Sell shit for profit
>Co-workers hate him
>Fans hate him

What is there to explain?
>>
>>53325584
too bad he already looked JUSTED from the get go so we didn't get another meme desu
>>
>>53325342
He did what he enjoyed, got lucky and rich. I don't see what's wrong with it.
>>
Reminder that Notch frequents reddit and is more successful than all of you combined.
>>
>>53325505
>So you mean 6-11 yo gamers are more in numbers than 18+ gamers and they spend more money on games?
Yes, the number of children is usually greater than the number of manchildren.
Though the post 2000 millenial gen is close to changing this
>>
>>53325598
It's going downhill quickly.
>>
>>53325588
You sound like one who is just growing up after wasting money on stupid teemo skins
>>
>>53325584
Nobody would fuck that fat fuck but he must have been dumb enough to think that somehow it was not just money what would achieve him a temporal vagina

He got greedy, he got stupid, honestly nothing surprises me there, he's the token rich man who just got lucky.
>>
>>53325639
>Yes, the number of children is usually greater than the number of manchildren.

Not anymore. And besides, manchildren have a lot more money to waste on video games.
>>
>>53325560
You'd be surprised, there's a lot of 12 year olds with fucking 350 dollar ranks on shitty servers
>>
>>53325598
Reminder that whatever MS ears will be distributed among more employees than it would have if it were mojang.
>>
>>53325656
Ugh, this shit is why the US is doomed. People stupid enough to blow hundreds if not thousands on inane shit.
>>
>>53325653
He bought a $70 million house in Beverly hills with Bugati in his garage and lives with a friend of him and has probably turned into a gay by now.
>just saying that it is overkill. I don't know for myself what I would do
>>
>>53325670
Apple became "The Apple" only because of US.
And this cancer is spreading throughout world.
Seriously US has to either choke itself out of stop spreading its cancer.
>>
>>53325681
If I had that much money to spend, I won't lie: I won't just save it there and try to live a peaceful life where I can just write a book or fucking learn how to play the guitar, but I don't think I'd do that boring shit. People need to be more creative with money. An expensive mansion? 7 cars? Paintings? Nigga, that's for boring people. If you travel enough with all your money you don't need to spend millions on a fucking place where nobody's going to live other than your servants.
>>
>>53325650
i don't know what teemo is
>>
>>53325681
>$70 million
tfw his property tax is over half a million per year.
>>
>>53325727
No one over the age of 18 does.
>>
>>53325654
>more money to waste on games
you can only buy minecraft once.
>>
>>53325713
I would rather make my own VR after reading books and researching the technology.Mostly creative stuffs
>>
>>53325785
This is why Microsoft will end up turning it into some freemium bullshit and it'll tank completely shortly thereafter.
>>
>>53325662
Sadly life doesn't work like that. You'll learn when you grow up and get a job.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.