[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Zenfone 2 Laser is actually a pretty good meme. ZE551KL ~$200USD
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
The Zenfone 2 Laser is actually a pretty good meme.
ZE551KL ~$200USD
>3GB RAM
>up to 128GB sdcard
>3000mah removable battery
>Guerilla Glass 4
>Snapdragon 615 octa-core

Root, TWRP, and Xposed are all available. The only problem I had with it was the lack of ROMs other than stock, but now it has a port of CM 13 and it's pretty sweet.

8/10 would recommend

Also, this is my first time using CM as a ROM. Anything CM specific you guys recommend, or just must have things on a rooted phone?

I personally love AdAway from F-Droid combined combined with the MoAAB hosts file and Background Play/Adblock for YouTube from Xposed modules.
>>
anyone?
>>
>>53316675
I'm not poor.
>>
>>53317016
Do you use CM or a rooted phone with any preferences that are notable and maybe useful?
>>
>>53317036
Why would I?
>>
>>53317053
I don't really know.
If you did it might have been nice to share them.
>>
File: 1456549371955.jpg (87 KB, 640x633) Image search: [Google]
1456549371955.jpg
87 KB, 640x633
>>53317074
I like my warranty.
>>
>>53317085
Fair enough. I like the features that root brings more though.
>>
>>53316675

I bought the 2GB RAM one with the intel processor. My Nexus 5 broke and I needed a new phone to hold off until the Nexus 6 (at the time it was named) came out. I had the phone for like three months. It ran fine for a while, but Asus' awful bloatware, one app that cleaned the RAM from your phone, i.e. a placebo.

The phone performance degraded greatly very quickly. The phone lagged, overheated and was generally a pain to use at times. The screen really fucking dim even at the highest brightness setting I could barley see the screen when outside.

I paid $200 for the phone, I got the Nexus 6P and sold the phone for about $155 on ebay. The price had gone up $10 by the time I sold it so I got most of my money back.
>>
I don't wanna be that guy,
But what real purposes are there to rooting in 2016?

In android 4.X you could decrease the rendering resolution which was amazing for making old devices last longer, but most features you could want from root seem superfluous nowadays.
>>
>>53316675
But does it exist in a normal size too?
>>
>>53317152
Yeah, the Asus bloat was my only real problem, glad to have it gone. I can't speak for the Intel models, but this Snapdragon 615 is a nice balance between performance and battery. The screen max brightness is also good in my opinion.

>>53317187
I like ROMs, removing bloat, system tuning stuff etc. Also I like using Adblock and Xposed which make my phone experience much nicer and closer to my desktop experience.

>>53317223
Screen size? I don't think so. I was worried about it, but the big screen has grown on me.
>>
I might get this and get it running on ringpop or freedomplus whatever free scam cellphone service is offered nowadats since I "make too much" to qualify for Obama phone
>>
The warranty in my moto g is about to end so i tough about rooting it.

How hard is it? And what are the advantages of it other than no ads?
>>
>>53316675
>qualcomm
Come back when it's Intel, AMD, or VIA.
>>
>>53317487
You can use apps that require root access as well as gain access to ROMs and gain more control/customization options overall.

It's pretty easy to root now, look at XDA for some good guidance and developments on your particular device. http://www.xda-developers.com/

>>53317558
It really doesn't make a difference anon.
>>
>>53316675
thanks for the review

where can i find your patreon to support you?
>>
>>53317650
Dude, I'm just trying to see if anyone has some tips they would like to share and I'm sharing some of my point of view/tips.
>>
>>53316675
>5.5 inches
>>
File: phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png (162 KB, 1079x425) Image search: [Google]
phone_comparison_x86_vs_arm.png
162 KB, 1079x425
>CPU is not x86
FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>53318016
this. asus fucked up big time
>>
>arm cpu
god damnit asus
>>
>1.2GHz quad-core A53 battery vampire housefire
Is this a joke?
>>
>>53317487
Deeper integration of apps. Greenify, APK extractors, kernel modifiers, cpu control(overclock/Undervolt/ect), Bhoot, Logs, deep file browsing... Lots of stuff to do.
>>
File: trumpets.webm (2 MB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
trumpets.webm
2 MB, 384x216
Anyone know of something to manage which applications can run in the background? Like, I'd like to be able to force apps to close completely when I swipe 'em out of the recents screen. I've already got autostarts and such, so them coming back to life on their own is taken care of.
>>
>>53316675
Now show us a picture with the laser turned on.
>>
File: 1452183276987.gif (3 MB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
1452183276987.gif
3 MB, 200x150
>>53317558
>AMD, or VIA.
>>
>>53317187
Backing up google accounts, for some reason the google education accounts went to shit and can't sign up with the on phones now, the only way is restoring a account backup with titanium.
>>
File: via-1.png (731 KB, 1024x447) Image search: [Google]
via-1.png
731 KB, 1024x447
>>53319071
Imagine a pico itx quad core zen APU.
>>
>>53317187
Being able to install Adaway is a huge one for me. It takes out 99% of ads found in "free" apps, and I never have to compromise display space to show an ad. Ever.

I think privacy guard also needs root privileges too.

I root to remove the ever increasing amount of Google bloat with every Android update as well.
>>
Can you root to remove zenui? I dont want to use a launcher.
>>
Huh, nice find. Seems like one of the best bang for buck CyanogenMod supported phones on the market.
>>
>>53317187
For me, debian.
>>
>>53319731
Easy peasy.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.