[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is /g/'s opinion of this device? I'm tempted to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: GPD_WIN.jpg (50 KB, 607x490) Image search: [Google]
GPD_WIN.jpg
50 KB, 607x490
What is /g/'s opinion of this device?
I'm tempted to use it as a handheld laptop for office suite, web browsing and displaying presentations with a mini HDMI converter.
>>
>>53260551
where are they up to with the funding?
>>
>>53260551
I have one to play my emulators and shitpost like right now.

It's great, there are some mods to make it better.
>>
>>53260566
its not shipping til november...
>>
>>53260573
Woops, it looks like the GPD XD the one I have right now.

If it emulates games well then I'm getting it.
>>
>>53260562
who knows? I just want to satisfy my microtechnology fetish
>>53260566
>>53260586
>>53260586
will emulation be any better with those specs?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-01_08-24-16.png (1016 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-01_08-24-16.png
1016 KB, 1920x1038
>>53260551

I'd love to have a new, comfy, UMPC, however:

1. If you can't uninstall Windows 10 = into the garbage it goes

2. I have never heard of this company, and their website doesn't not inspire confidence.

>Play God of War game without any block. Support 18 emulator heavy games/MOBA Android games/OC cloud games

Looks like chinky shit.
>>
someone post link to kickstarter. cant find it
>>
File: JohnHacker.png (489 KB, 889x377) Image search: [Google]
JohnHacker.png
489 KB, 889x377
>>53260551
Looks like a cool computer for hacking.
Gives me T2 nostalgia.
>>
>>53260615
What do you mean by emulation?
I can run Ps1 games flawlessly at 2x resolution on my GPDXD right now, I don't know if a cherry trail would be better since it's running windows 10.
>>
Too thick
>>
>>53260708
>too thick
>>
How do its specs compare to the pyra? I like the look of the pyra more and Linux seems more suited for something like this
>>
>Power button next to backspace
>>
>emulators
>Linux
c'mon guys that's not even the purpose of the device. It's running Windows so that it can be compatible with all the old Windows games. If you want emulators there are already plenty of Android game consoles with functioning emulators.
>>
>>53260795
it seems to be recessed
>>
>>53260801
Who fucking cares? If I'm spending money on it I'm going to do what I want with it.
>implying dual booting isn't a thing
>>
>>53260795
I'm more concerned with the dog flying that plane than the location of the power button
>>
>not touch screen

Fucking dropped
>>
>>53260852
do whatever the fuck you want, but don't cry if they don't support Linux because the whole point of the device is to run Windows.
>>
>>53260892
>don't cry if they don't support Linux because the whole point of the device is to run Windows.
Thank you, captain obvious.
>>
It looks like a open Pandora. Except it has a Windows logo on it. That's not reassuring.

Id bet on the open pyra.
>>
>>53260913
people are already complaining about it
>>
>>53260551
similar speced devices run casual games like shit so their target market is the wrong one

for office stuff it might be ok as long as you don't have to open monster spreadsheets
>>
With the DX12 build of dolphin it looks like a lot of GC games and less intensive Wii games will be playable with this.
>>
>le pyra meme
Cool fuckancient dual core arm garbage.

This is using the newer Intel atoms, meaning you can install x86-64 Linux/windows and not be limited shit programs.

Also far more modern hardware
>>
>>53260617
1. I believe you can replace it with debian if my memory is correct. Otherwise, you will see why the Linux x86 tablet doesn't exist.

2. They are a company that is known for gaming orientated android handhelds.
>>
>>53260795
You will have to hold down power for 5 seconds. My mate is one of the devs working on it so feel free to ask questions (which i can check with him about if I don't know)
>>
Get the pyra (whenever it comes out) instead, it respects your freedoms.
>>
>>53262450
Is it possible to install linux on it and have working drivers?
>>
>>53262505
it depends what drivers obviously but basically yeah it will work no different from laptops out with the cpu
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.