[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Android user here (M7) Going to buy the iPhone SE as soon as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8
File: 20160203070615522.jpg (25 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
20160203070615522.jpg
25 KB, 700x393
Android user here (M7)

Going to buy the iPhone SE as soon as it comes out.

Convince me otherwise, is there a better small smartphone (upcoming or current).
>>
>>53254107
>is there a better small smartphone (upcoming or current)
There isn't. Just get the iPhone. You won't regret it.

Everyone here who argues otherwise is either poor or autistic.

Z3C owner and lifelong Linux user here. Can't wait to get off of Android. It's atrocious.
>>
>>53254213
Why?

*poorstyle* *autiststatus*
>>
Getting the oneplus X.
Not as small but still acceptable, good build quality and half the price of your JewPhone
>>
>>53254213
if you're willing to trade off the functionality of Android for the smoother UX of iOS, why aren't you also moving to OS X?
Linux is fairly similar to Android with a clunky UX but more functionality approach
Also I'm pretty sure file transfers between Linux and iOS are tough, OS X would fit that better
>>
>>53254213
Android users here to help you
>>
>>53254139
>tripfag
>having an opinion
>>
>>53254213
Ex-apple user here. I'm so glad I jumped ship years ago. iOS hasn't gotten any better since.
>>
>>53254456
i love mine, only complaint is the back gets scratched like hell, try to use a case (one is provided) or a back glass protector.

I bought a skin from dbrand to cover up my fucked up back glass.
>>
>>53254342
>Why?
I want to be able to type and have the characters show up immediately.

It would be nice if my smartphone did not freeze up for 1-2 seconds at a time.

I thought "lagdroid" was just a meme to push /g/ users' buttons. Nope - it's real, even if you have a $500 flagship device.

>inb4 you're using it wrong
>inb4 mine doesn't do that
>inb4 must be something you installed

>>53254506
>why aren't you also moving to OS X?
I used a Mac laptop for a few years, then got an iPhone... ended up going back to Linux on laptop because I didn't like the "lock-in" of the Apple platform. I was always more comfortable on my Linux workstation anyway. That was my primary motivation for moving to Android also... that, and the ability to block advertisements on Android.

>>53254598
>iOS hasn't gotten any better since.
Yeah, you're probably right.
Grass is greener, etc.
>>
>>53254107
6S user here, previously 5C
If the SE has the 6S internals...A9 2GB RAM, NFC, TouchID etc. Then Im selling my 6S and getting the SE...The may put a "worse" camera in the SE but thats not a deal breaker for me.

Id love to be on Android agai but the hardware just isnt appealing. The GS7 would be great if they still made a Google Play Edition, but they dont.
>>
>>53254598
It has gotten slightly better but not by much. I am currently on iOS 9.3 Beta 4. In other news, my Xperia finally got Lollipop 5.1.1 and I am now enjoying that.
>>
>>53254668
>>inb4 you're using it wrong
>>inb4 mine doesn't do that
>>inb4 must be something you installed
these are your problems i agree
>>
>>53254678
I'm willing to bet though, the SE will likely have a smaller and thus shittier battery objectively due to everything else being the same besides the screen (which I doubt will give much power benefit)
The 6S rarely lasts a full day of normal usage, not sure how well the SE will be
>>
>>53254668
>Grass is greener
Man, I jumped into Android blind back then. I wasn't into technology at the time, I've never even visited /g/. The only reason I got an S3 is because everyone had an S3 and recommended it.

>>53254698
I think I'll go with a nexus next time. But, I don't really mind the lack of updates cause at least my phone won't turn into a laggy brick like my iPhone did, it's the whole reason I had to get a new phone. I was also kinda pissed my phone wasn't getting some of the features the iPhone 4 was getting. People always bring up fragmentation on Android, but at least shit works all the way down to Eclair... Probably even further.
>>
All smartphones are garbage.

Seriously, kids, doesn't the fact that they track you everywhere you go and that every single website needs its own specialty "app" despite these fucking shitty piles of garbage supposedly being made to access the internet sort of give you some goddamn indication that these goddamn things are garbage?

The fucking shit is wrong with all of you?
>>
>>53254107
Sony z compact series.
They don't gimp it because it's smaller and it has a great camera, for a phone.
>>
>>53254906
Speak

You do realize where you are though, right?
>>
>>53254966
/g/ - Paid Shills Central
>>
>>53254906
dont worry guys, Ill take the bait.
Smartphones are tools. Some people dont use them as such, but they are great for those that need them. Like the much maligned car anology, the same applies here. You dont need a Mercedes S-Class, but a Corolla is a lot better than walking. Same with smart phones, their existence is an enhancement to life, even is most people dont use them as such.

Also, am I correct in assuming that your mother did not buy you an iphone for Christmas...or worse bought the wrong color?
>>
>>53254860
>at least my phone won't turn into a laggy brick
Can't you simply not update? On Android, some phones don't even get updates so you don't have a choice
But I'll be pissed if we get to the point where the A9 starts lagging, that means iOS is getting really bloated. There's no reason for phones to have an OS that has more features and runs worse than a desktop OS.
>>
>>53255038
You don't have to update. Problem is if the OS doesn't boot for any reason you have to restore to the latest signed firmware. This is basically what fucked my 4S on 6.1.3.
>>
Reasons I use iPhone and could never switch:

iMessage. Why? Once you use iMessage for a long enough time, you understand. First of all, it sends way more reliably than regular SMS. You get delivery confirmation so they can never say they didn't get it. Also, I don't have to give a flying shit about how long my message is, or if i want to include a long link URL in text I dont have to care if the message gets broken up. I can also send videos through imessage in perfect quality. Last time I tried to send a video to someone on android it came out looking like it was filmed on a potato. Sure, android phones have superior performance, slighly better specs, but I don't give a damn that the camera in the new s7 is fucking amazing when I cant share any of those videos over text message because it comes out looking like fred fucking flintstone filmed it on the Flintstones Polarock Camera.

Another reason: more ios apps have integrated fingerprint recognition so I dont have to type in passwords. All my bank apps use it, and many others including creditkarma, capital one, and more. It's so fucking nice considering I have long complex passwords.
>>
>>53254989
I could go to the store right fucking now and buy one of those cancerous piles of shit.

I won't.

Their existence is a cancer to the human race by taking away personal privacy, enabling innocent associations to become accusatory, dumbing down interfaces and access to information to poorly designed bullshit devices and OSes with an inaccurate as fuck touchscreen as an interface, and isolating people by the use of a limitless use device to avoid reality. The idea of "but people read/etc in public before, same as smartphones now" doesn't hold water because it was not a universal activity and not so absorbing and such a replacement for all social activity as not to absolutely stunt the sociability of its user.

They are a cancer that should be ILLEGAL for use.

Are you afraid that if the truth gets out your mommy will take away your shitty internet toy forever?
>>
If its cheaper than $300 i will switch to it from Android.
>>
Isn't the galaxy s5 the best phone in existence?
>>
>>53255092
No response? Wow, guess I must have hit some deep truth hiding in dumb millennials somewhere.

It's over, guys. Throw your phones away.
>>
>>53254668
Sry, but your phone must be shit.
OPO here and no lag at all, even though I abuse this nightly build of cm like hell.

One shitty android is no reason to get a toy-phone that treats you like a 12 year old
>>
>>>>53255092
oh my mad mad boy
>>
File: cringeboy.jpg (38 KB, 720x570) Image search: [Google]
cringeboy.jpg
38 KB, 720x570
>>53255092
>>
If it has better battery life than my 6P i might try it out. Otherwise i have no reason to buy one
>>
>>53255127
>TouchWiz
>shitty slide fingerprint scanner and outdated flap water resistance design
>plastic
kek
>>
File: happydrake.jpg (11 KB, 252x87) Image search: [Google]
happydrake.jpg
11 KB, 252x87
>>53254107
>is there a better small smartphone (
Nexus 6p/5x
>>
>>53255417
>Nexus 6p
>Small
>>
>>53254107
I consider doing it too, mostly because of continuity and generally decent camera.

The things that speak against it, at least for me are:

Crazy prices for extra storage and the ugliness of iOS, which basically requires you to jailbreak it if you don't want to have a crippled, ugly OS. Guess if 64GB version is <500 bucks, I am in.

Also if you're a Windowsfag, enjoy being forced to use iTunes.

>>53254213
>>53254668
Got an Z3C too, and yes, you're doing something very wrong. Never had any problems from software side with it.
>>
>>53254824
Screen tends to be responsible for the biggest battery drain, unless you do something CPU/GPU heavy on your phone, like playing mobile "games"
>>
File: 1456642797432.jpg (41 KB, 540x677) Image search: [Google]
1456642797432.jpg
41 KB, 540x677
>>53255466
>2016
>being an iManlet
>>
>>53255488
Phablets just aren't comfy, man. Try holding that brick with one hand for hours while reading in bed.
>>
File: 1456345552996.jpg (83 KB, 874x737) Image search: [Google]
1456345552996.jpg
83 KB, 874x737
>>53255468
>jailbreak
>i use a massive gaping privilege escalation security hole exploit to get root privilege and basic android features and then prevent apple from patching it so i can keep those features, while inviting russian hackers to freely steal all of my login/passwords and data
>this is how utterly shit stock iOS is and what i'd rather settle with so i can "break out of jail"
>>
>>53255511
Yeah pretty much. On the other side, iOS works so nice together with OSX and is more efficient with resource use. Also Apple hardware tends to be pretty nice.

There are cons and pros for everything. Besides, let's not pretend stock Droid isn't cancer, sure you don't need all the jailbreak shit but unless you customize it, it looks and feels like shit too.
>>
>>53255505
>2016
>reading in bed
> "I never sleep, I have insomnia."
> My name is tyler durden hurr durr
>>
>>53255480
That's, true, though generally increasing the battery size improves battery more than a bigger screen drains. see: the 6S+ vs the regular 6S. In general, iphones have improved in battery life with each screen size increase
6S+ > 6S > 5S > 4S
>>
>>53255574
wut
>>
>>53255585
bed is for sleeping and fucking. people who read or tv in bed always complain about not sleeping.
dumbasses.jpeg
>>
>>53255597
The dude didnt even mentionned insomnia
Are you >>53255092 ?
You sure sound like him.
Anyway, this thread is getting ridiculous

byefags
>>
>>53255582
>iphones have improved in battery life with each screen size increase
That's mostly down to more efficient chip designs, I'd say. Though would be interesting to see in raw numbers how much % screen size vs % battery capacity play a part.

>>53255597
Where the fuck else would you read?
>>
>>53255231
tldr t᠎bh
>>
>>53254906
>>53255092
Preach
>>
>>53255231
>>53255092
>>53255992
samefagging lol
>>
>>53255092
God all of this is so cringe. Its hilarious to me, as a "normie", that people get this upset over a damn phone. Maybe go out and make friends lol.
>>
>>53254107

just buy a 6s.
>>
>>53256437
>buying ishit
>ever
>>
>>53254668
>>inb4 you're using it wrong
>>inb4 mine doesn't do that
>>inb4 must be something you installed
Z1C and 6s user here. that's because it probably is your fault, family.
>>
>>53254107
>4 inch phone
>good
just kill yourself already manlet
anything under ~5 inches is god awful
>>
>>53256547
jesus have you ever tried wearing a pair of pants that actually fit instead of digsusting ass cargo pants
>>
>>53256566
have you tried not wearing skinny jeans you queer?
>>
>>53256587
#REKT
>>
File: 1455002027510.png (7 KB, 331x212) Image search: [Google]
1455002027510.png
7 KB, 331x212
>tfw gonna get the S7
>>
>>53256658
Have fun spending the first hours rooting it and removing the Samsung bloatware.
>>
>>53254456
enjoy you warranty
>>
>>53254456
Great phone. Really sexy too but you have to put it in a sturdy case because of the slidy, vulnerable glass back, which kind of defeats the purpose.
>>
>>53255074
Er WhatsApp does all of those things that I message does and just about everyone I know uses it.
>>
>>53255585
he's projecting anon, just ignore him
>>
>>53254592
>calling namefag tripfag
>having an opinion
>>
File: lurk-more-faggot.png (17 KB, 459x186) Image search: [Google]
lurk-more-faggot.png
17 KB, 459x186
>>53256270
Lurk more you fucking idiot
>>
>>53255112
it won't be, but they'll keep 5s around and it will be $225
>>
>>53254668
Well, I got bad news for you, boy.
>>
File: Jx1OzVG1WnI.jpg (171 KB, 677x1024) Image search: [Google]
Jx1OzVG1WnI.jpg
171 KB, 677x1024
I am Sereda, SVMSUNG sucks
>>
>>53254213
>Can't wait to get off of Android. It's atrocious.
Not that I disagree with you, but what makes you think iOS is better?
>>
Should I get the 6s Plus or S7 Edge to replace my aging Galaxy S3?
>>
>>53264007
if TouchWiz and bad support after 1 year wont dissapoint you go for S7
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.