[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wikimedia Foundation director resigns after uproar over “Knowledge
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
Wikimedia Foundation director resigns after uproar over “Knowledge Engine”

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2016/02/head-of-wikimedia-foundation-resigns-as-tensions-with-editors-mount/

Was I the only person that thought this was a good idea?
>>
She's flat as a wall.
>>
>>53250592
Who's that qt?
>>
>>53250603
But that's good.
>>
I'm confused. The company decided to work on a search engine so the volunteers that edit Wikipedia started a lynch mob?
>>
>>53250592
I stopped using Wikipedia after the "Gender Confirmation Surgery" bullshit. It's infested with SJWs now.
>>
>>53250880
>now
always was
>>
>>53250788
That's a fat simplification. You are not wrong though.
>>
>>53250880
>articles on SJWs topics are written by SJWs
This is not a problem. Similarly, articles on biology are written by biologists, and articles on conservative philosophies are written by conservatives. I see an open platform working exactly as it should, where even stupid communities can share their knowledge with each other. The role of wikipedia is not to censor opinions you disagree with, it's to give them a platform.
>>
Autists ruin everything an wikipedia has the biggest autists.

Being snaked by your own fucking paper what the fuck. And why does wikipedia have a paper. These faggots seem to do way more than they let on.
>>
>>53251055
Pick 5 articles at random. There will be an egregious feminism paragraph or section in the article.
>>
>have so much money you could continue to run for decades
>still hound people for donations
Fuck em
>>
>>53251055
biologist, chemist and other people write facts; what facts are there to sjw articles where most of the authors are biased?
>>
>>53251111
Berryz Kobo Special Best Vol. 1
Spanish law of succession referendum, 1947
Spodnje Tinsko
Aristeia
Sir Archibald Alison, 1st Baronet

SJW's have overrun the place though.
>>
>>53250880
I still use it for generic articles on stuff that can't really be too biased. I mean like things I just want a generic overview on. Just a little snippet and be like "neat". But yeah I've dropped it as anything more than surface points and always wear my filter glasses.
>>
File: 1440397417052.jpg (36 KB, 802x558) Image search: [Google]
1440397417052.jpg
36 KB, 802x558
>>53251055
SJW is the wrong term to use here. I think rabbid diaper shitting autistic faggots is the correct term to use.
Some people like to make an article their "per project". There was one about japanese birds or whatever the fuck it was, I read an article on the internet. The point is, some aspergers ridden faggot was camping that page making sure any changes anyone made were reversed. Because he spends every single waking moment refreshing his pages looking for changes to reverse, you can bet your ass he knows loopholes to get edits taken down, even if they are factually correct. Anyways, a real japanese person with academic knowledge of the topic attempted to correct the misinformation our autistic friend smeared all over the article, but the jap quickly found his edits reverted and eventually after waging and edit war got banned.
Wikipedia only cares about sources, not facts. If you had enough sources claiming the earth was flat it could technically remain in the earth article.
>>
>>53250603
She still sucks cock like a machine.
>>
>>53251309
This. Basically anything that can possibly be controversial in any way even from a thousand yards, you can be sure the wikipedia article is pure propaganda. But for factual, provable stuff it's still usable.
>>
File: 1456730973818.jpg (113 KB, 961x759) Image search: [Google]
1456730973818.jpg
113 KB, 961x759
they ran another woman out of tech
>>
>>53251055
Wikipedia clearly has a left leaning bias
of course in topics that dont concern politics like biology that becomes irrelevant
>>
Nothing in this thread indicates that any if you read even a part of the article.
>>
DIDN'T ANY OF YOU RETARDS ATTEND COLLEGE AND HEAR YOUR PROFESSOR TELL YOU TO NOT USE WIKIPEDIA WHEN LOOKING UP INFORMATION?!

Seriously, as much as /g/ claims to be so advanced and smarter than everyone else. You fucking normies constantly use the tools we openly say is garbage.

Why?
>>
>>53253544
Colleges just have an interest in preventing people from realizing how much they're overpaying for information they could get online for free.

Wikipedia is one of the most important and useful resources in existence.
>>
>>53253565
>Wikipedia is one of the most important and useful resources in existence.

Normie, I know you fucking heard of google.
>>
>>53250592
No, I thought so too. It's a let down, really.
>>
>>53253587
google only searches
it does not contain information in itself
>>
>>53253544
>An early study in the journal Nature said that in 2005, Wikipedia's scientific articles came close to the level of accuracy in Encyclopædia Britannica and had a similar rate of "serious errors".
>Between 2008 and 2012, articles in medical and scientific fields such as pathology, toxicology, oncology, pharmaceuticals, and psychiatry compared Wikipedia to professional and peer reviewed sources and found that Wikipedia's depth and coverage were of a high standard.
>Source: Wikipedia
>>
>>53253340
if only they did that for yahoo
>>
http://stackoverflow.com/users/2573019/shazoo

is this her?
>>
>>53253370
>left leaning bias
Oh, you mean cited facts?
>>
>>53254005
>cited facts
>ignore certain cited facts because they appear on sites you dislike
Of course they love cited facts, if they support their points of view
The editors in Wikipedia are cancer this days, fortunately you can just avoid the biased articles, they would be shit even without the bias
>>
>>53250788
basically yea

they received a fat 250k grant from some no-name company that was intended to make the wikipedia search engine not completely suck.

and the power editors (in usual fashion) threw a massive temper tantrum over nothing (with wild, baseless claims of Wikipedia turning into a botnet and similar /g/-tier shitposting) which ultimately lead to a lot of disagreement of the board about how they should approach the design, which ultimately lead to the director resigning.

It's typical fashion for Wikipedia really. For a site that claims to be strictly "for the people by the people", their power editors do everything in their power to stay in control. shit like censoring/doctoring edits to random articles and all out witch hunts against people who think of calling them out for being lifeless NEET faggots on an ego trip. if you aren't a part of their "sekret club" or refuse to just blindly follow and accept everything they say and do, you can bet that they're doing everything in their power to keep you out and away from Wikipedia.
>>
>>53253544
I don't know about your shitty teachers, but here they tell you to use wikipedia to look shit up, but NOT to use wikipedia as a source.

In other words, you start with wikipedia, go through the citations in the article, look them up, read the sources the article is based on and cite those in your little presentation or whatever you do in college.
>>
>>53250603
DFC
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.