[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck you think about samsung s7?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5
What the fuck you think about samsung s7?
>>
>touchjizz

No thank you!
>>
>>53239709
preorder done
11 more days
>>
All phones are the same shit
>>
>>53239851
da fuck?
>>
>>53239709
where do i get this cool square design
>>
>>53239709
lookes like ubuntu edgey
>>
>>53239709
pretty cool design
>>
>>53239709
it's shitty, best buy has a gs7 demo and it's slow and snappy because of all the bloat, marshmallow TouchWiz has a whitish blue theme and looks like cocaine, only returning features this year with the increased battery life and waterproofing
>>
>>53239709
Thank god it's turning away from iphone design 5.6935, fuck them for using TouchJizz, and neutral opinion on it looking like Ubuntu Edge.
>>
>>53239709
Samsung is the reason I just bought an iPhone 6s 128GB.

/thread
>>
The G5 seems like a better purchase imo. Specs are the same plus the G5 has all those expansions and shit
>>
>>53240717
But LG puts their buttons on the back, which is stupid and awful
>>
>>53240757
>But LG puts their buttons on the back, which is stupid and awful

Something tells me you've never used an LG phone for more than 2 seconds.

1.) You can change the volume of your LG phone through your pockets when you have the face buttons outward, very useful for listening to music on your buds/headset.
2.) Your finger is there anyways so changing it while on call is simpler than reaching for the side of the phone
3.) It's much easier to find laying flat on its face than a side button on the side buttons. like when playing through a BT speaker.

You don't know what you're talking about, also hot-swappable battery > sealed case.
>>
>>53240864
>a side button on the side buttons

*a side button on a samsung or other phone.
>>
>>53240864
My wife had an lg phone for a while, I did not like it, I do not like the buttons on the back
>>
>>53240864
You don't know what you're talking about. Buttons on the sides are so much easier. You can use them while your phone is on the table. Same with the fingerprint sensor.

Also, those "friends" are gonna either cost a lot, or be completely shit and disposable. And there's a chance that they drop support for them on the g6.

I'd rather have the S7 Edge desu senpai. And no on screen buttons. They're such a waste of space and look ugly.
>>
Does it have a removable battery and expandable storage?
>>
>>53240902
You're a faggot but the G5 doesn't have buttons on the back.
>>
>>53240940
>And no on screen buttons. They're such a waste of space and look ugly.

No more of a waste of space than the actual physical buttons, but they're actually configurable to disappear or not show up at all within applications.

>those "friends"
? uh wat? I'm not sure where you're going with that sentence. since nothing in my <ol> shows of disposability besides earbuds/headsets/BT speakers.

And unless you're palming your whole phone (which your phone is already warm) I don't see how it's comfortable to use your middle finger to change the volume on the side.

>fingerprint sensor
fuck that shit

>>53240902
You didn't like it because you didn't use it for more than a minute outside of your og phone.

Trust me I had an SII, back buttons make sense especially compared to side buttons.
>>
there's phones coming out of china with better specs and design
>>
>>53240981
No and yes
>>
Nothing utilizes the hardware bump.
>>
>>53239851
>all phonea are samshit
fix'd
>>
>>53241004
But it does have the power button on the back

>>53241013
You keep saying I didn't use it for more than a minute like you actually know that
>>
>>53241046

Apologies, I forgot that /g/ is supposed to be more civil than /b/

The only way I can understand how side buttons would be preferable for a person is if their hands were small, I forget i have larger than average sized hands.
>>
>>53241013
Actually, unless you flash a ROM, they're not configurable to just disappear. LG has additional buttons, but it still uses screen space.

There already bezel, so why not use it for the buttons? Think of it this way, when you're browsing the web, the black bar stays down there for the buttons, using up space that would otherwise be more content. With Samsung, you don't get that issue, instead you bet a bigger effective screen, smaller bezels, and a nice clicky physical button with a properly placed fingerprint sensor. It can also be used to quick launch things like the camera at any time. You don't get that with on screen buttons.
>>
At least it doesn't look like shit this time

I'd never buy one though
>>
>>53239709
I've had TouchWiz phones now for about 5 years continually. I used the Nexus 6 the other day and that's definitely going to be my next phone something that I can flash vanilla to. I forgot how shitty touchwiz is and I'm ashamed. Also I spent about $1,200 on my note edge I'll never spend that amount on a phone again when my buddies $300 phone does the same job.
>>
>>53240902
I do not like them Sam I am, I do not like green eggs and ham!
>>
/g/ recommend me a phone that I won't have to install another fucking OS on. Already own a One PLus One, want to change since the quality is kinda well shit.
>>
Going to buy one for my wife's son once he turns 14 next month.
>>
Jedi govna.
>>
>>53242740
>fell for the one plus sekrit klub meme
there's no helping you
>>
>>53239845

I get mine on the 8th bra
>>
>>53241041
All samshit are sameshit (?)
>>
I never used it but I think it's shit
>>
>>53242740
>one plus one
>guiz limited edition
>I got 1 exclusive invite
Meanwhile everyone and his mother on fagbook scream 'I got 4 invites left who wants one?!?!?!'

It's OK dude, learn from your mistake and use this experience to filter the many /g/ threads that make this hype happen but eventually just result in buyers remorse
>>
If it looks like that I'll buy it, it's so
>aesthetic.
>>
>>53240864
By "hot swappable battery" you mean what phone stays On while toy change it? Don't think so.
>>
>>53240864
I have the G3, love the buttons on the back, hate the LG android software
>>
>>53239709
It's damage control after the design changes past Note 4. Waiting for them to go all out and put a 4K display on a phone so it can do 3D better with Gear VR.
>>
File: Gun.jpg (31 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Gun.jpg
31 KB, 400x600
>bloatjizz
>>
>>53239709

off to
>> /csg/
>>
It will probably have the same issue the S6 did where they completely fucked up the memory management to the point it's force closing your apps after you launched more than 4 at a time. They tuned it for a system with 1.5 GB RAM, lol.
>>
File: Dundee Knife.jpg (16 KB, 241x258) Image search: [Google]
Dundee Knife.jpg
16 KB, 241x258
>>53239709
>walk down the street
>suddenly thug with a knife out of nowhere
>demanding my phone and wallet
>crocodile dundee mode activated
>"you call this a knife?"
>get out my galaxy s7
>cut his shit up
>>
>>53241041
Hello Mr Trump
>>
File: 1370132695802.gif (2 MB, 324x219) Image search: [Google]
1370132695802.gif
2 MB, 324x219
>>53245883
S5 user here
touchjizz uses 1.5GB of ram constantly
Random samshit apps run constantly in the background
accidentally upgraded to 5.1.1
Now I can't root it
Lags even with nova launcher and apps are slow to start because they can't be cached due to touchjizz

upgrading to nexus 6p asap
samshit never ever again
>>
>>53245928
Sorry, I didn't mean to trigger you
>>
>>53246033
>he deleted it
Kek
>>
Chill bro, it's just a phone.
>>
>>53245943
How exactly is 5.1.1 preventing you from rooting it? Are you sure you aren't just dealing with a locked bootloader?
>>
>>53246448
I think he meant he hasn't found a tutorial on youtube.
>>
I have an upgrade in April (verizion.) Cant decide whether to get this or just stick with the S6.

On a related note, does anyone know how much this is gonna cost (on contract?)
>>
>>53239709
I really really wish they were still making Google Play Edition phones...Id buy one immediately. But with Twiz on it, I wont touch it.
>>
>>53245737
Alrighty then if you want to be pedantic, easily accessible battery compared to most phones that require a tool to open it.

>>53245782
Much better than TouchJizz imo, and Qslide apps are actually quite useful.
>>
>>53240685
you really ended the thread with that edgy post
>>
>>53239709
It's Samsung.
>>
>>53246925
if only more apps supported qslide...
>>
File: Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-concept.jpg (76 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Samsung-Galaxy-S7-Edge-concept.jpg
76 KB, 900x600
>>53239709
>>
>>53246675
No more 2yr contracts
>>
>>53248594
I would use it.

On topic thougy, I really like my note 5. I like everything about it except touchwizz. I can't wait to root it and put ios on here.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.