[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do you study programming, anon? What's the point? To
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: the risk.jpg (62 KB, 554x390) Image search: [Google]
the risk.jpg
62 KB, 554x390
Why do you study programming, anon?
What's the point?

To get a job? That's it?
>>
/g/ - Wagecucks
>>
>>53222339
Yes. It's my only hope of getting out of the hikkikomori lifestyle
>>
>>53222339
>Why do you study programming, anon?
It's fun

>What's the point?
There is no point in anything except what brings us pleasure

>To get a job? That's it?
I would never want to work as a programmer. That would take the fun out of it.
>>
I study programming as a hobby, im actually an aerospace engineering major
>>
>>53222386
What do you make with your knowledge of programming?
>>
>>53222414
I don't really make things as much as I research them. I enjoy learning about programming and programming languages more than actually programming.

I do contribute some actual code to open source projects though, most notably mpv.
>>
>>53222482

I found the INTP
>>
>>53222499
I get conflicting results from so-called “online tests”, but INFP seems to be a common result for me.
>>
Because I like programming.

>>53222414
a couple apps where I make money through ads. Scripts on the computer for making it faster/easier for me to use.
>>
File: 1456167987781.jpg (160 KB, 640x962) Image search: [Google]
1456167987781.jpg
160 KB, 640x962
I started loving it as a kid. Still like it. Making something, being responsible for it and gettting money feels good.
>>
>>53222499
INTP reporting in.
>>
>why
For you.
>>
>>53227254
What's the next step of your master plan?
>>
>>53227278
A lot more code.. and beer.
>>
I studied programming because computers were the only thing I was remotely interested in when I finished high school.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way, I have nothing left on my life.
>>
>>53222339

Programming is my only escape.

My job is primarily concerned with programming.
>>
>>53222339
I don't study programming. I study CS.
And I do it because I find it pretty interesting, I'm not too bad at it, and I don't know what else I would do with my life.
Being a NEET definitely wasn't my thing (tried it for a year).
Then again, I'm 26 and in the second year of my master's, so this student life will come to an end pretty soon as well.
Fuck, I'm not looking forward to going job hunting and having to go into a completely different phase of my life.
>>
>>53222339
To write my own programs
>>
>>53227402
From reading your post the job hunt may be tough, but then again you get graduates who can't write a line of code in C or solve fizzbuzz in a technical interview as the competition, so who knows
>>
File: Anna.jpg (34 KB, 951x488) Image search: [Google]
Anna.jpg
34 KB, 951x488
To meet hot Programmers.
>>
I've always wanted to do it. I keep putting off reading my C book and I'm only on chapter 1, but I hope that if I catch up on anime and stuff I'll finally stop being distracted and learn a bit.

Getting a job in it is something that I've thought about. I'd kinda like to do sysadmin work, or at least that's what I was thinking a year ago. I always heard you should know some python or perl or ruby or whatnot to help you make scripts on the job and such, and so I consider myself not qualified and I haven't been looking for a job.

Might also take a free CS course online with edX.
>>
Its fun
>>
>>53227435
I get that the fact that she's a programmer changes the scale used to decide how attractive she is, but she's really not that cute. I guess I don't know many female programmers, though.
>>
>>53222339
I actually discovered I like it, even though I sometimes think I suck so bad at it. I like thinking about algorithms and automating things, but I'm not very fast at coming up with solutions. I work quite slowly at developing something. I need to learn how to be more efficient.
>>
>>53222339
>Why do you study programming, anon?
I'm not studying programming...

Technically I'm not even studying anymore.
>>
File: 1419945933553.gif (41 KB, 660x906) Image search: [Google]
1419945933553.gif
41 KB, 660x906
Because a lot of people find it confusing.

I like knowing what others don't.
>>
Still really new to it but I study it because I like math and I like computers.
I haven't gotten good enough at either to connect the two but I'll get there if I work at it.
>>
>I would never want to work as a programmer. That would take the fun out of it.

It's pretty fun deleting a ton of someone's code and then rewriting it in half the code.
>>
>>53222339
Because I like making things, and challenging myself.
>>
>>53227671
This
>>
>>53222339
> That's it?

even if that will be "it" for many people, knowing your shit and getting paid well is not so bad.
>>
>>53222339
>study programming
there's rather little programming in my courses. I'd say the focus in more on theory.
>>
It's the minimum effort maximum efficiency thing for me. I hate programming, but someone's gotta make money to go on a killing spree.
>>
It's the only thing I can do that gets me money in exchange. I would be fired from any other kind of job
>>
I study it, because I miss my programming job

I want it back, but nobody will pay me in this field equivalent for what I do now.

Fucking responsibilites
>>
>>53222359
How to get gud at programming without school?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.