[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who thought this menu was a good idea to replace the old Firefox
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7
File: untitled_.png (116 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
untitled_.png
116 KB, 500x500
Who thought this menu was a good idea to replace the old Firefox button with?..
>>
If you disagree with them it's rape and harassment.
>>
The Chrome compatibility committee.
>>
BECAUSE LE HAMBURGER MENU XXDD
>>
>>53213092
>BECAUSE LE HAMBURGER MENU
How much I hate it and the idiots pushing phone garbage to the desktop environment. Even on smartphones is garbage.

>>53213068
Yeah, it looks like the developmnet team camped near Google's HQ
>>
Easy answer: The SJWs.
>>
Welcome anon, how is 2012?
>>
>>53213818

Good until now ^^ My 19th birthday is soon and I'd like an iPhone 4s as present.

Heh, I actually had a 4s (:
>>
File: a.png (13 KB, 344x221) Image search: [Google]
a.png
13 KB, 344x221
>>53212824
The old menu was literally perfect once you customized it a bit. New menu is ugly, inconvenient and hard to reach with a mouse
>>
>>53213264
>Yeah, it looks like the developmnet team camped near Google's HQ

Mozilla and Google are both based in Mountain View, California. They even have offices in the same building in San Francisco.

http://www.geek.com/news/mozilla-foundation-moves-in-next-door-to-google-in-san-francisco-1345423/
>>
>>53212824
if you have to use a menu to do something then you are already doing something wrong
>>
File: 1456594591644.png (798 KB, 1500x1068) Image search: [Google]
1456594591644.png
798 KB, 1500x1068
>>53212824
>INSTALL ICEWEASEL
>>
>>53213068
Chrome's burger menu actually opens a normal, useful menu though. It's amazing that Mozilla manage to copy shit things from Chrome and then actually make them worse.
>>
>>53214333
Chrome's menu is awful though. there's like 50 lines of shit just lumped under the same menu
>>
Chrome FTW
>>
File: menu.png (22 KB, 281x499) Image search: [Google]
menu.png
22 KB, 281x499
>>53214367
Nah, it's fine. If you find that menu confusing, I'm afraid you might be a little slow, anon.

I also like the hidden addon icons being moved there now, instead of being banished completely. You can still click on them and use their functionality from there, but don't have to look at them on the main bar all the time.

That should be the next thing Mozilla copy once they finish removing offensive terms from their code.
>>
>>53214423
How did you get extensions to pop out in the menu?
>>
>>53214423
What's under "more tools"? It's a chaotic mess isn't it? Also god forbid you accidentally move your mouse a bit off the sub-menu, and it will close.

All of those things are available on the Firefox menu too BTW, but it's customizable by default, and icons are more convenient than short lines. Not saying either are great though.
>>
>>53214405
No, lol
>>
If you hate it just use classic theme restorer and move on with your life.
I still prefer just using the menu bar like old firefox 3.
>>
>>53212824
Time to install pale moon.
>>
>>53214596
Hahah, no
>>
>>53214610
Why not?
>>
>>53214610
The main reason why I jumped ship was, so I could stop worrying about whatever bullshit Mozilla was going to pull on the next update.
>>
>>53214637
yep, FF has been breaking a little more with each update ever since australis

I mean there's tons of retarded shit like the switch-to-tab "feature" which just show that Mozilla have no idea what they're doing
>>
>>53214617
I have it portable, websites break or lack functionaity.

>>53214637
Yeah, well for the time being no modifications besides the removal of useless features like pocket. They also switched from a 6 week release to a 'when it's ready' cycle, which I think it's good.
>>
File: Untitled.png (28 KB, 777x504) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
28 KB, 777x504
>>53214676
>switch-to-tab
That's optional
>>
>>53214685
>I have it portable, websites break or lack functionaity.
Can you point out sites that have problems? I haven't encountered any, though I set my UA string to be Firefox so sites might not break because of that

>>53214713
Well, looks like they finally got their shit together. Wasn't optional for a long time.
>>
File: amazingly complex menu.png (33 KB, 541x533) Image search: [Google]
amazingly complex menu.png
33 KB, 541x533
>>53214452
Just does that senpai. Maybe Chrome hasn't updated to include it yet. Chromium's on v51 already.

>>53214484
>What's under "more tools"? It's a chaotic mess isn't it?

Nah.

>Also god forbid you accidentally move your mouse a bit off the sub-menu, and it will close.

Nah. I can move my mouse anywhere on screen, including highlighting things in the main menu, and the sub-menu stays open.

>icons are more convenient than short lines

Nah. Maybe if you're retarded or using a tablet (arguably the same thing). Chrome packs far more into a smaller space. Even if you could recreate all those options in Firefox, the stupid, huge icons designed to be pawed at on a touchscreen would fill the entire screen.

Anything else, senpai?
>>
>>53215157
Is it the same as chrome? What's the difference?
>>
>>53215174
No Google stuff, like tracking IDs and the auto-updater. No Flash either. There are builds available with all the media codecs though, and with Google Sync either enabled or disabled:

http://chromium.woolyss.com/
>>
File: tights.jpg (47 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tights.jpg
47 KB, 640x640
>>53212824
chrome dev team?
>>
>>53215202
Do extensions work the same?
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.