[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you want to miss the next BitCoin?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5
File: 1427703708980.png (24 KB, 640x256) Image search: [Google]
1427703708980.png
24 KB, 640x256
https://ipfs.io/blog/

IPFS 0.4.0 released a week ago. Why aren't you developing for it/using it as a platform and saving the fucking Internet, anons? One of the coolest things happening right now and you could be in on the ground floor.
>>
>>53092091
>>>/biz/
also sage
>>
>>53092100
>i am a dumbfuck
>>
link to something more useful, doofus
https://ipfs.io/

https://youtu.be/HUVmypx9HGI
>>
>>53092100
>didn't read
it's not bitcoin, it's distributed web content
>>
>>53092091
>build errors
pls, it used to just werk
>>
>>53092091
didn't bother to read or click your links, but bitcoin may be fine and the market interested alternative currencies has already been satiated with bitcoin, so this will 100% be a failure unless it brings something new to the table.
203% saged this shit bread
please fry
>>
So does anybody have a list of cool stuff that's on the v04x network?

>>53092524
This literally has nothing to with bitcoin. OP is just saying that it will be the next cool thing in tech.
>>
>>53092524
Anon here. I clicked and it seems to have nothing to do with BTC at all. Actually, it looks somewhat interesting.
>>
>>53092091
OP, please delete your thread and try again.

IPFS couldn't be further from buttcoin.

>IPFS is awesome, by the way.
>>
QmSy3TVHCbovL5TwXRWZc9R
vq4DDR7BCMp9n2WYEq6FMtN

Does it work?
>>
>>53092609
Yeah, he totally started off on the wrong foot.

So hardcore that he started off on the eyelash.

Why are you using your eyelashes to walk OP?
>>
At this point I am very suspicious of projects written in GO. They often break and often are not written in normal C like ways.

I think it is the lure of GO and the sales of Go being C without the thinking or ComSci.

Good and solid projects are written in C.
>>
>>53092669
>huurrr durr it's written and GO and therefore shit.
>>
>>53092669
Literally nothing wrong with Go.

It's not C, but it's better than a lot of other languages.
>>
>>53092669
>I think it is the lure of GO and the sales of Go being C without the thinking or ComSci.
Wrong. The only reason GO is being pushed is because Google shills it to DESIGNATED people on education visas in order to hire them rat race style. More GO projects, better chance at an H1-B.
>>
>>53092683
plus this is MIT lic.

GPL is the only lic. that assure success with projects of such lofty reach.
>>
Bottom line "Go GO Gobots"

Go sucks because it appeals to the weak who then think they can program.

Bootstrap for wannbe C codeworkers.
>>
>>53092699
I do wish they would work from home.
>>
>>53092701
>GPL assures success
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>53092765
Not at all and please look into it.

Also these "rentier" friendly lic. also allow asshats to "take the ball and go home." Consider MakerBot et. al.

Also these URIs for this "Web of Future" are basically the smell of ass ground up and converted to unicode...
>>
>>53092814
pfs/QmNhFJjGcMPqpuYfxL62VVB9528NXqDNMFXiqN5bgFYiZ1/

>this is what " Zackly" looks like in utf
>>
IPFS is cool.

OP is a faggot for bringing up Bitcoin when it's totally irrelevant. IPFS is really promising and does not deserve to be compared to a failure like Bitcoin.
>>
>>53092814
I don't really think licensing something like this as GPL would make a difference.

Nobody's going to want to make their own proprietary fork and change the protocol because it would fragment the network and then they'd be fucked because nothing would work.

Also, who gives a shit about URIs looking bad? Literally not an issue, just point a domain at your URI if you care that much.
>>
>>53092669
Go is pretty shitty, but that doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the output. It could be written in fucking COBOL and I wouldn't care as long as it works.

And IPFS is a protocol, not an application. If you want a C version, write a C version.
>>
I'm not sure why I would want this.
Is it just a new way for me to end up with CP on my computer without my knowledge?
>>
how do i multiply my money by 100x with IPFS?
>>
>>53092931
>I'm not sure why I would want this.
A faster, more reliable, and less centralized Internet doesn't appeal to you? Do you enjoy using inferior solutions controlled by shady corporations?
>>
>>53092931
It's pretty much torrents but for static web content, a replacement for http that actually scales.

If you download CP using it, it might cache it for other peole for a while unless you clear your cache. It won't automatically download CP for you, however.
>>
>>53092931
>Is it just a new way for me to end up with CP on my computer without my knowledge?
Does not work that way. It only caches things you download. You would only get CP on your computer if you choose to view CP, and even then it will only stick around as long as you let it.
>>
File: yes.jpg (65 KB, 603x720) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
65 KB, 603x720
This does not solve any problems other than making a HUGE distributed archive.org with FUSE written in GO.

Basically this just another DHT.

Do we need yet another DHT?

We need another DHT like we need another programming language. Now I am convinced anyone starts or combines any project of that ilk needs their heads examined.

>this one is another new DHT using another new Programming Language.
> These kinds of "self abuse" style tech for tech sake projects approach Dragon Dildo™ level in masturbatory fury, prowess, and scope.
>>
>>53093010
It solves a few problems, like how to distribute shitloads of static content without needing fuckhuge servers, how to make the web more permanent, and how to reduce the centralization of the web.

The internet is currently shit at all of these things.
>>
>>53092716
>go is easy to use and therefore bad
Literally every argument against Go.
>>
>>53092091
BitTorrent?
again?
>>
>>53093068
No, but it can be used for roughly the same things as BitTorrent.
>>
>>53093010
Why are you using /fit/ terminology in /tech/?
>>
>>53093063
Let me answer your post with a quote - please substitute C++ with GO (as I am sure you would).

"*YOU* are full of bullshit.

C++ is a horrible language. It's made more horrible by the fact that a lot
of substandard programmers use it, to the point where it's much much
easier to generate total and utter crap with it. Quite frankly, even if
the choice of C were to do *nothing* but keep the C++ programmers out,
that in itself would be a huge reason to use C."
>>
>>53093111
C is not this mystical language that is the solution to everything.

If it was, nobody would bother coming up with and learning new languages.

Also, if you don't program in assembly you're not even a real programmer.
>>
File: bladerunner.jpg (976 KB, 3543x2324) Image search: [Google]
bladerunner.jpg
976 KB, 3543x2324
>>53093136
I do program in assembler when I need to and yes C is a solution to everything and all you need after that is Lisp.

If you have C and Lisp with assembler there is literally no need for another programming language. You can't grasp that then read more.

> people do things because they do not know better,
>>
>>53093200
Lol, do you have any friends?
>>
>>53093200
C and Lisp are great and all, but that's a pretty nice superiority complex you have going on.

Feel free to write an ipfs implementation in C or Lisp and license it as whatever you want.
>>
>>53093211
Friendships come and go, people move, people die, people change, knowledge is forever and nobody can take it from you.

>friendship is relative. I do not eat lunch at work alone and I have people I can hang out with but they do not program in GO.
>>
>>53093281
If they did would you think less of them as a human?
>>
>>53093281
>GO
Holy fuck stop this it's not even capitalized that way.

You're even worse than mouthbreathers who say TOR.
>>
File: windowsUsers.jpg (24 KB, 258x300) Image search: [Google]
windowsUsers.jpg
24 KB, 258x300
>>53093222
You actually need to "check yourself" with this "I am a dumbass you should be too" attitude.

Technology requires effort.
Stop acting like a "jock."

Level up or get out of the game.

>ipfs appears to have no merits so it does not require a rewrite
>>
>>53092091
This is a Freenet clone, not a Bitcoin clone, dumbfuck
>>
>>53092091
Kill yourself my man

>>>/biz/
>>
>>53092928
GNU Cobol would actually translate it to C.

> So actually COBOL would be better than GO
>>
>>53092928
>but that doesn't matter. What matters is the quality of the output.
Said no programmer ever.
>>
I really need a more casual explanation of what the fuck IPFS even is. Browsing the internet has not helped me either. From what I can tell it's web hosting protocol or something???
>>
File: winfags.jpg (13 KB, 236x299) Image search: [Google]
winfags.jpg
13 KB, 236x299
>>53093452
IE that looks at BitTorrent for files.
>>
i'm waiting for ipfs to support adding files in-place without making another copy of them
>>
>>53093200
>>53093281
hey man, I like how you think
may I ask your opinion on this question:
>>53081012
gist: "what is the are programming areas where merit, quality of solutions and people matter?"
Thanks.
>>
>>53092100
>I have the reading comprehension of a 1st grader
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.