[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pretty much everything is slowly getting replaced by machines
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 14
File: maxresdefault.jpg (482 KB, 2691x2019) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
482 KB, 2691x2019
Pretty much everything is slowly getting replaced by machines nowadays.
What are things that absolutely can not be automated in the future?

I'm thinking a machine repair/maintenance guy is the only thing that can not be replaced by machines.
>>
software related jobs
>>
>>53080179
>$1.39 mcdouble
The future is bleak
>>
>>53080223
Actually, that's wrong. You could build robots/other software that lets you describe what you want and then creates the software for it.
>>
>>53080179
>No Image
>No Image
Guess they forgot they still need humans for quality control
>>
>>53080399
>You could build robots/other software
go right ahead :^)
>>
>>53080399

And who builds the robots to do that?

And if robots can code themselves better, that's the definition of the singularity and every human on earth can either retire at that point or be killed by the robots.
>>
Philosophy professor
>>
>>53080179
Do u think that black kid in the photo stole the phone?
>>
>>53080501
he's trying to bypass icloud lock
probably going to make a thread about it later
>>
>>53080501
That guy is white idiot.

>seeing nigs everywhere
>being this triggered
>>
>>53080522
>being this niggered
>>
In the short term (the next 50 years), people who write software, engineers, doctors and pharmacists are safe.
>>
>>53080549
>pharmacists

Can be replaced. GP's enter the medicine the patient needs in the system with instructions, and it can be picked up at a machine like OP's
>>
>>53080522
White arms, negro head, no wonder he sits alone, everyone is suspicious of him
>>
Anything that requires creativity.
>>
File: 1439897306061.png (680 KB, 703x756) Image search: [Google]
1439897306061.png
680 KB, 703x756
>>53080942
programs have been writing books for a long time
>>
>>53080583
Could they hurry this up? Pharmacists take long to get some a few pills together.
>>
>>53080583
GPs make plenty of mistakes, the pharmacist is the final failsafe to stop some kid dying because the doctor prescribed the wrong drug.
>>
Just go for software developers. Pay is good and we will probably be the last ones replaced by robots.
>>
>>53080179
In Australia they have those at most (but not all) McDonald's locations.

All they're used for is ordering. There are still people who prepare your food.

It's probably going to be quite some time before replacing those people with automation will be feasible.
>>
File: ludites.jpg (66 KB, 419x402) Image search: [Google]
ludites.jpg
66 KB, 419x402
This happened in the industrial revolution too. The economy changed and people adapted to new types of work.

Maybe we will enter a golden age where people can get jobs that they enjoy and which actually matter, rather than menial tasks like burger flipping and shelf-stacking. Passionless monotonous wageslave work should rightfully be carried out by robots while people enjoy their lives doing things that they love.

Alternatively perhaps the consumer economy will break down entirely and we'll revert to a type of techno-feudalism where rich cybernetically enhanced plutocratic landlords battle amongst themselves with their robot armies while vying for control of the solar system's mineral resources. Most humans are relegated to the status of livestock and slaves who's ultimate fate is to be ground up into bio paste for use in a variety of industrial processes. But a small number of human codemancers and techpriests avoid this fate as they scurry about the machine hives performing their maintenance rituals.

So I dunno it could go either way.
>>
>>53080179
rape
>>
>>53080967
Pharmacists can't read GP hand writing half the time
>>
>>53081192
This and junkies faking prescriptions is why we moved to computerized prescriptions where I live.
>>
>>53080967
There are roughly 6500 scheduled drugs, creating more than 21 million possible 2-way drug interactions. I will trust a computer database to know each of them over a single human being.
>>
>>53081192
>>53081240
>>53080967
Medfag here, GPs don't actually know the full name of the drug they're prescribing and usually write out the beginning and scribble in the rest hoping the pharmacist knows what he means
>>
>>53080179
Professor of Gender Studies
>>
>>53080179
>those prices
God bless America
>>
File: hJ9qdb9.png (726 KB, 500x499) Image search: [Google]
hJ9qdb9.png
726 KB, 500x499
>>53081307
>>
>pretty much everything
>selection screens which definitely aren't widespread yet
>constantly malfunctioning self-checkout registers (less than 20 items only anyways)

I mean, those are the everyday life changes. But what will never be automated are the creative professions like cosmetics and fashion.
>>
>>53080223
>computers are bad at their own language
really now...
>>
>>53080179
>I'm thinking a machine repair/maintenance guy is the only thing that can not be replaced by machines.

I'm honestly and truly fascinated by this technology. These touchscreen kiosks where you order your food and it sends the order to the guys in the back to prepare your food and self-checkout stations at stores as well.

Does anybody have any idea as to how I can get into this line of business? Being the repair/maintenance man for self-checkout computers.
>>
>>53081494
Next time windows freezes or something, and you get a dialog box where it asks if you want it to try to fix the problem... let us know how it goes.
>>
>>53081612
Why do you think normies are moving to ios and android?
>>
>>53081494
computers suck at everything, they literally have to be told every minute detail to get anything done
>>
>>53080223
There are machine learning programs that can create code, fix code errors, create programs.

There are also programs that can create code with minimal coding done by humans. In the form of a easily understood GUI platform.
>>
>>53081636
They have to be told what to do because there's absolutely no reason to have a computer that does things you don't tell it to.
It's just a design philosophy, not a technical limitation.
>>
>>53081676
You should tell that to Microsoft.
>>
>>53081676
you're right, but my point is that computers aren't "good at" anything, they only do what they're told to do exactly as it was told
it either does the thing, or it's broken, there's no grey area
>>
>>53081637
Post proofs
>>
>>53081774
-- and yes, crashing counts
crashing is a result of faulty instructions (human error) or faulty hardware (human error or natural causes)
a crash doesn't indicate the computer did something wrong, assuming no physical problem caused it, the computer still did exactly what it was told
>>
File: 1439473062842.png (42 KB, 446x373) Image search: [Google]
1439473062842.png
42 KB, 446x373
>>53080358
At least you still have it.

They took it off the German menu mid 2015.

Also
>"Hi give me a Big Tasty Bacon please"
>"That's not on the menu right now, would you like some bullshit expensive as fuck flavor of the month burger that tastes like shit instead? :^)"

Fucking assholes.
>>
>>53081823
>>53081774
>>53081636
autist get out.
>>
>>53081823
A crash caused by faulty hardware DOES, in fact, indicate that the computer failed to do what it was told to.
>>
>>53081846
that makes no sense, this is autism: the board
non-autist get out
>>
We need laws preventing this further. In a near future if this continues humans will not even be needed anymore, what will we even be needed for? Robots can do everything we can do.
>>
>>53081560
You gotta be a real man that's good with machines. Get some certs and take it up with Walmart.
>>
>>53081846
We're all autists, that's why we're here :^)
>>
>>53081861
generally speaking, sure, the job failed to get done, but it didn't do it "wrong" or "badly", it became physically unable to do the job

you wouldn't say a person sucks at their job when they're sick/hospitalised, while it's true they can't do the job at that time, it's not really their fault
>>
>>53080179
Everyone in here except you is a robot. No exceptions.
>>
>>53080522
He's a mudblood at best.

>>53081935
I'm not a robot. I'm an android.
>>
>>53081931
His antibodies sucked at fighting off the disease.
His bones sucked at not breaking on impact.
>>
>>53080179
Psychologist/therapist/mental health resarcher
>>
>>53082020
the internet has a mental institute
it's commonly known as "yahoo answers"
>>
>>53080179
>I'm thinking a machine repair/maintenance guy is the only thing that can not be replaced by machines.
As a technician for a global manufacturer, I can tell you this, the demand is there but nobody wants to do it anymore. Problems being, it's a filthy, thankless, job. The pay is not commensurate with the skills involved. And, technology is advancing so rapidly inthe field that it's becoming nearly impossible to keep up with it in terms of training. Also, management rarely if ever, is willing to pay for training to keep their techs up to date with the latest advances.
The industries that rely on people with these skill sets are shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
>>53081159
>Alternatively perhaps the consumer economy will break down entirely and we'll revert to a type of techno-feudalism where rich cybernetically enhanced plutocratic landlords battle amongst themselves with their robot armies while vying for control of the solar system's mineral resources. Most humans are relegated to the status of livestock and slaves who's ultimate fate is to be ground up into bio paste for use in a variety of industrial processes. But a small number of human codemancers and techpriests avoid this fate as they scurry about the machine hives performing their maintenance rituals.
This sounds awesome actually, I can't wait
>>
>>53080179
>go to mcdonalds because fat friend wants to
>see those big ass TVs used for menus
>get to till and get asked what i want
>tell the currynigger behind the till just a second
>looking to see what to get because I haven't been to mcdonalds in probably a year
>all the TVs change to some stupidly long ad
>no idea wants going on
>currynigger getting impatient
>tell him to change the channel back to the menu
>he doesn't respond
>finally it goes back to the limited menu
>what i want isn't even up there
>have to ask him
>people behind me pissed
>>
File: mcnigs.jpg (64 KB, 634x354) Image search: [Google]
mcnigs.jpg
64 KB, 634x354
>>53080179
>tfw no more dealing with sheboons

I'm hoping for a McDonald's app on your phone so I don't have to touch their filthy touchscreens
>>
barber

it is possible, but very unlikely since it is a precision job.
>>
>>53082190
Have you heard the joke about the barber machine?
>>
>>53082180
what are all the niggers gonna do once all their jobs get automated away?
>>
>>53082311
who gives a fuck
>>
>>53082311
Riot & kill
>>
>>53080179
Anything, that made by a machine, would be discarded if it was known as made by a machine.

Technically, everything can be replaced by machines, it's just that society won't let it happen in fields it would "feel wrong".

There was an interesting study about news articles made by machines compared to those made by humans: people tend to prefer those made by computers, and yet, most people won't allow journalists to be replaced by computers, for X or Y reason.
>>
>>53080179
Judge, Lawyer
>>
>>53082311
IDK

I just can't wait for 30 years from now when all the niggers STILL can't present themselves as a respectable minority group. If blacks are still predominately lower-class and racial prison populations don't decrease then society is going to have to reevaluate how to actually handle black people. Even smart black people I know seem to fall into the same pitfalls, and it's largely because everyone is afraid to criticize how stupid and maronic black lifestyles are.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-20-11-47-32.jpg (961 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-20-11-47-32.jpg
961 KB, 1440x2560
Just because I was bored.
>>
>>53082410
Having robot journalists would be a utopia for me. Journalists are the most untalented, lazy, pretentious fucks I've ever met and they control how the public receives its information. Having a bias-free machine that isn't concerned with clickbait would great.
>>
>>53082161
>rotating menus
I hate this shit.
>>
>>53082574
Who says a machine journalist would be unbiased?
>>
>>53082696
Not saying that wouldn't compromise the majority of publications, but there would be at least one or two legitimate ones that would use machines to be unbiased and deliver important information efficiently.
>>
WATCH THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU
>>
>>53081815
Any WYSIWYG editor?
>>
>>53080179
>What are things that absolutely can not be automated in the future?
Bugfixing.
>>
>>53082413
Actually I look forward to the day that computer judges become a thing. Say goodbye to corruption and lobbying bias in the judicial system.
>>
>>53083111
Anonymous AI judges you gay.

You cannot change it, faggot.
>>
>>53083202
Good thing I actually enjoy boipussy then
>>
>>53081843
>German Mcdonalds
>8 years ago
>Chickenburger 1€
>Now
>Chickenburger 1,29€
Get your shit together, Germnoney, the Chickenburger in Japan is 100yen, which is only 79 Eurocents
Also fuck you for not having the Chickenburger TS on the menu anymore
>>
>>53080179
Absolutely nothing
>>
>>53083329
>Chickenburger
i hope that sounds better in german
>>
>>53083361
>Huhnburger
>>
>>53080967
Someone has to be responsible when the wrong drug is given to a customer. Automated drug vending means only the pharmacy is responsible.

A more plausible scenario would be actual pharmacists operating hundreds of machines remotely, still greeting you via video, maybe even asking you some standard questions before dispatching the drugs.

This would save the companies many employees, they'd need only one security employee on guard at all times, and the guard wouldn't even be their employee because security companies supply them.
>>
>>53081846
Normie leave!!!

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>53083612
kek
last time I went to my pharmacy, I found out that they upped their game and now their stuff is being sorted digitally and using a roboter that manages all the drugs in their respective drawers.
first time there, first time ordering some salve and the computer immediately throws out the wrong meds for me. The pharmacist had to reorder the shit from the roboter a few times until it finally delivered what initially was wanted.

I still felt somewhat confused. What if they are in a hurry and don't even notice that the machine threw out garbage instead of the meds that are actually needed?

If she would have given me the wrong salve, I wouldn't even have noticed as I don't buy pharmacyshit such often.
Tech is cool and all, but it literally was the first time me using somefeng like that and it literally immediately doesn't work as expected.
>>
File: 1373264606122.jpg (654 KB, 1479x1050) Image search: [Google]
1373264606122.jpg
654 KB, 1479x1050
There's no limit to your question. If we keep going the way we're going, it's possible we could automate ourselves out of existence.
But jobs that'll still be around in 100 years, let's say...

computer programmers
artists / graphic designers
actual investigative journalism / people who can write interesting stuff
salespeople
engineers
really any higher level STEM stuff
waiters and waitresses
"content producers" assuming we continue down this path of becoming something like an attention economy
repair/maintenance like you said
generalists/ project planners
and a bunch of niche jobs that will survive simply due to tradition (train attendant, tattoo artist, barber, bellhop, head chef, politician, etc.)

don't forget that no matter how many jobs we replace with machines, we'll still live in a human world designed around human needs

so to sum up, be talented either practically or socially
soon, something is gonna have to give in the status quo 'cause a hell of a lot of people are already doing useless jobs. basically we'll have a whole lotta dumb people to placate else welfare & crime will skyrocket
>>
>>53080179
Home decorator
>>
File: robot.jpg (45 KB, 600x327) Image search: [Google]
robot.jpg
45 KB, 600x327
>>53080179
How naive.
>>
>>53084218
But who would repair the machines that repair the machines?
>>
being replaced by robots isn't a problem. morality is the problem. if the people in control did the right thing, we would use robots to reduce our work week to 1 or 2 hours and have free room, board, food, and health insurance for everyone. all we have to do is not create skynet by mistake and get annihilated.
>>
>>53084254
other repair machines

if all repair machines are broken, then there's probably a bigger problem happening
>>
>>53084301
Okay
>>
>>53084290
btw the illuminati are right. we need to reduce the population by 75%. the world will be clean and peaceful and the people that exist will be able to do whatever we want just like in the time machine until we finally become retarded midgets that sleep and eat fruit all day without lifting a finger.
>>
>>53084301
The bigger problem would be that actually happening
>>
>>53084290
you sound retarded, can you kill yourself so we're one step closer to a clean and peaceful world
>>
Actually i order mcdo online then get delivered here. really i can order everything online.
>>
>>53080179

Driving a truck, no matter how you autists feel.
>>
>>53084402
how do you figure? when all you have to offer is an insult with no content you come off as a pointless nobody. why shouldn't we use robots to do as much work as possible and live in a perfect world with lots of free time?
>>
>>53084424
>Driving a truck
I am pretty sure trucks will get the driverless shit before the taxis do.
>>
>>53084424
I think that's one of the things that will be automated first once we have decent driverless cars.

Would save a lot of money if they can drive 24/7 without the obligatory rest stops the drivers are required to take.
>>
>>53084459
See, this is where your wrong. How the fuck is a truck going to do a pretrip, how could a computer know when and where to stop (enough with your GPS bullshit, they suck for cars and in a truck you would kill people) Jesus fuck your retarded
>>
I'm currently working on making humans into robots so I think I'll be safe in my life time.
>>
>>53084459
>>53084468
How is a truck going to check tire tread? Oil levels and hub seals? how is a truck going to attack the glad hands? how far would it travel in adverse weather before it decides it needs to stop? can it listen to the CB? because they do some in handy. can the truck replace its own lights?
>>
>>53080179
There are plenty of things.

Although, making the register self checkout is horrible. That's the one part I don't mind having their dirty employees touch. The money. I don't want them to touch the food. That's the part they should automate.
>>
File: kiva2.jpg (166 KB, 364x302) Image search: [Google]
kiva2.jpg
166 KB, 364x302
>>53084484
>>53084522
i assume trucks will be fitted with sensors and gps+cameras+sonar and same concept with this thing but on roads.
>>
>>53080179
>tfw they will never bring back the BBQ ranch burger
>>
>>53084532
It really speeds things up with the self-registers, at least in my experience.
>>
>>53084589
Ya because those are 75 feet long and weigh 80,000 pounds. Not even in the same category. There will never be a 100% driverless truck
>>
>>53084615
You underestimate people. We have an extreme capacity to get shit done. Especially the stupid shit.
>>
>>53084675
How would a truck know if it could go on a road?
>>
>>53084615
>this buttpained truck driver
dude there's a remote control car 225 million km away on mars, working fine after 4 years without anyone touching it. I think they can figure out how to drive a truck.
Plus the job is too easy, too many hours, and the job kills too many people with your stupidity. They're comin for ya bro.
>>
>>53080960
It's the paper work that goes with it.
>>
>>53084615
They already exist and operate in a few places in the US.
>>
>>53081894
Can't you see this is amazing? Imagine a world where computers would be able to sustain life for everybody. We'd just be here to enjoy life, maybe only working a few days per month.
>>
>>53084615
>>53084532
>>53084522
if some bumfuck redneck retard can operate and fix a truck why shouldnt computer cant?
>>
>>53084848
I can't imagine it working in a capitalist society. People are still going to need a job to live. I don't think you're suddenly not going to have to pay rent/mortgage, not pay for food, and not pay for other things necessary to live comfortably if robots replace the work force.
>>
>>53084424
Trucks are (going to be) the first driverless vehicles on the roads.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3258829/Driverless-truck-tested-German-autobahn-time-using-radar-cameras-stop-crashing-motorists.html
http://www.autofocus.ca/news-events/news/autonomous-semi-trucks-are-finally-ready-for-public-roads
And large dump trucks:
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/43f7436a-7632-11e5-a95a-27d368e1ddf7.html

>>53084522
Have you driven a car made in the past 10 years? They perform a myriad of automated tests like those.
>>
>>53080179
honestly i prefer this to an actual human

humans make mistakes, are rude and are often unbearable to look at or even talk to
>>
>>53084909
Time to embrace communism, вы пoнимaeтe?
>>
>>53084909
>I can't imagine it working in a society controlled by juden.
Fixed.
>>
>>53080179
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW-4LU79qbU

This pic reminds me of that scene from idiocracy where a woman was trying to get food from a carls jr. dispenser lmao.
>>
>>53084615
>There will never be a 100% driverless truck
WOW INSTANT OVERSEA COMMUNICATION THAT'S JUST RIDICULOUS JESUS
>>
>>53084741
>dude there's a remote control car 225 million km away on mars

and that car could blow up, and it wouldn't really matter.

>>53084810
No, they dont. You wont ever have a truck without a driver

>>53084882
>if some bumfuck redneck retard can operate and fix a truck why shouldnt computer cant?
But that bumfuck retard cant operate the truck, that's why you see so many people working for Swift, CR England, and Werner. Because they blow at their job and might as well die.

>>53084917
Notice how they all have a driver in the driver seat dipshit? besides going in a straight line on the highway is fucking easy.
>>
>>53084917
Isn't this a good thing? In America, at least, truck drivers are in a decline since nobody wants to drive hundreds of miles a day for shit pay.
>>53084950
>Communism in a country brain washed to hate the sound of the word alone
Even if people embrace it some how there's always going to be those assholes who take advantage of the situation for personal gain.
>>
>>53080441
lol when /g tries to act smart huh
>>
>>53084979
>and it wouldn't really matter
You're either really fucking dense or trolling.
If truck blows up it would not really matter too.
>>
>>53081159
>Alternatively perhaps the consumer economy will break down entirely and we'll revert to a type of techno-feudalism where rich cybernetically enhanced plutocratic landlords battle amongst themselves with their robot armies

of course this will happen, but i think everybody will be trained to fix robots or write code
>>
>>53084979
there are unmanned planes,jets,boats,submarines,satellites which millions more complicated and longer operational times than trucks
>>
>>53084995
>If truck blows up it would not really matter too.
Tell that to the other vehicles around the truck, what if that truck is pulling a HazMat explosive load? Im not the dense one here buddy.
>>
>>53081022
Have you watched them make a hamburger?

It's literally an assembly line. I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to replace the humans doing that job with machines
>>
>>53085029
Literally who gives a fuck about other vehicles? A fraction of money lost, it does not really matter.
>>
File: 1455583652262.jpg (98 KB, 837x892) Image search: [Google]
1455583652262.jpg
98 KB, 837x892
>>53082161
Saw one of these for the first time a few days ago. Whoever oversaw that shit needs to be fired. How could having the menu off screen half the time be considered a good idea?
>>
>>53085056
That's a rare Brendan.
>>
File: 1455673775271.jpg (22 KB, 253x310) Image search: [Google]
1455673775271.jpg
22 KB, 253x310
>>53082526
>maronic
>>
>>53082574
sometimes the way a human expresses opinions cannot be replaced. go back and read orwell's essays and gk chesterson's etc. algorithmically made articles are dry and "blocky" ie they have no skill in developing ideas over the articles and absolutely no skill in imagery and prose.

i think it would be a good idea if MOST news was made algorithmically and constructed from data sets because that would mean less ruling class control over the narrative and allow people to make their own decisions, but great long form essay writers have a precious gift and sometimes they write in papers and for news organizations, or with a very political slant that you can see for what it is and still appreciate the craftsmanship while noting the biases.
>>
>>53085084
>cannot be replaced
Yet.
>>
>>53085050
>Literally who gives a fuck about other vehicles? A fraction of money lost, it does not really matter.
What about the lives? Or the fact that a person might have been able to stop it, or what about the MASSIVE fines that the company would have to pay? Hell, they might even be shut down...
>>
>>53085121
>What about the lives?
Probably cheaper than Curiosity mission.

>Or the fact that a person might have been able to stop it
They always do, don't they.
>>
>>53083111
And who will design it's programming? What will it's sentencing algorithms be based on, value-wise?

Or is it itself an Artificial Intelligence - ie conscious and feeling? And will its feelings match those of the population, or will it abide by some other ethics code? Which one? Would everybody agree that that is the best one? You ask more questions than you answer.
>>
>>53085150
>Which one?
Literally non-issue. Current one.
>>
>>53084981
No dude fuck communism. I shouldn't have to share my shit with other fucks. People aren't perfect enough for commie shit
>>
>>53084123
this is most likely scenario
>>
>>53084301
i feel like a conservation law is being broken or something
>>
>>53085203
Not really. See: humans.
>>
>>53084424
trains desu~~~
>>
>>53080450
10/10
>>
>>53085118
when it can we may as well call that thing a human, or a consciousness which contains human conscioussness as a subset of its own, ie not a robot as meant classically
>>
>>53085223
Trains are confined to a predetermined route because they are on rails. i could drive a truck into your house if i wanted too
>>
>>53085171
Judges use discretion all the time friendo. I'm asking how would the AI judge use discretion. How would the AI decide on a supreme court case? As a textualist? You cannot avoid the question.
>>
>>53080179
Robots will never create art.
>>
>>53085294
By analyzing public opinion.
>>
>>53080399
You're a fucking retard if you really think this is gonna happen in the next 50 years.
Just kill yourself you arrogant bitch boi.
>>
>>53085308
>t. liberal arts major
It's funny but you actually can be more useless.
>>
>>53085308
They already are dumb dumb.
see
>>53082873
At one point it talks about robots making paintings and music that people can't tell a robot did.
>>
>>53085320
So like a modern judge during election year? When they make their most outrageous mistakes and commit the greatest acts of over prosecution? Like a prosecutor seeking to one day be governor, and thus putting everybody to death or 30 years as much as he can? This is already very bad.
>>
>>53085364
This slope is so slippery I am in a freefall.

>most outrageous mistakes
Implement error checking.

>Like a prosecutor seeking to one day be governor, and thus putting everybody to death or 30 years as much as he can?
Why would a robot do that?
>>
>>53085405
Election is year is when they want to be able to say, "I put X criminals to death" more than any other time. Because it's popular. Going by public opinion would be the absolute worst things you could possibly do when deciding on justice. It's against the principles of a Republic. Mob justice has been outlawed for a reason. People as a whole are stupid and irrational and un-empathetic to minorities and individuals. Going by public opinion would be a nightmare. Next.
>>
File: Consider-620x.jpg (34 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
Consider-620x.jpg
34 KB, 620x620
Service and entertainment industry.

That is customer service, waiters, personal assistants, attendants, cashiers, massage therapists.

The true creatives will become inventors, artists, entertainers, game designers

My guess is that by 2050 if you're what they'd call a "socially awkward" "introverted" "mostly a numbers guy" then get ready to be completely unemployable, because a computer the size of a walnut will be able to do your entire job and more.
>>
>>53085470
Wait a second, did you think that it should be a simplistic "more votes = win" system?
Every vote should have a weight obviously.
>>
This thread is basically "I AM HUMAN LLOOK AT ME I AM SO SPECUL". No, you're not. Also, you're a shitty artist, truck driver, judge, burger flipper, coder, dancer. You should be thankful that IT won't happen during your lifetime.
>>
>>53085511
Ugh

And what value system would be used to weight

You know what I'm done You're being purposefully dense.
>>
>>53085150
>And who will design it's programming?
A gov't approved programmer I suppose.
>What will it's sentencing algorithms be based on, value-wise?
The currently applicable constitution and legal codes.
>>
>>53080179

Working in fast food is a dream job, for millons of americans is the most important and most rewarding thing that anyone can do, and have really a high income (15$/hr)

I've met people with profesional degree who have said they wish work in fast food. You realize of course machines in fast food make massive unemployment, right?

In our capitalist system, society can only take that much unemployment before the current structure completely collapses. Doesn't matter if you're that degree snowflake that would theoretically still have something to do while everything else is automated if society collapses. Funny thing is that we'd still produce burgers that we need. Because Automation.
>>
>>53085549
>And what value system would be used to weight
It's not devised yet. It will be. You expect it to exist now?
You're a weird guy.
>>
>>53080179
Imagine a future where mankind is reliant on mechanical implants and chassis. A feeble humanity that due to lack of selection pressure and medical breakthroughs is reliant on a constant stream of medication and machine support to survive. A future where these weak, crippled, coddled humans carry out the most simplest of tasks as everything is automated and regulated by machines, and thus have no real purpose. Suicide is rife as more and more disconnect from their life support systems every year to escape a life of boredom and suffering. Welcome to the year 3000.
>>
>>53085611
Doubtful. Humans won't exist in 3000. No need to.
>>
>>53085294
>Judges use discretion all the time friendo. I'm asking how would the AI judge use discretion.
The necessity of discretion isn't a fault of the judge though, but a fault of the current laws, which are often way too vague to decide upon ambiguous cases. It's just like having a shitty RPG rulebook that doesn't elaborate the game rules properly.
>>
>>53080179
You seem to assume that we couldn't stand to lose a large number of people working. Most jobs don't contribute to the country's output and add nothing to the economy. Huge portions of the labor market are either completely replaceable by machines or are just completely useless, such as insurance, finance, sales, advertising, telemarketing, real estate, et cetera. There are entire industries employing millions of people that do nothing but find a way for money to change hands over some kind of financial instrument that doesn't actually fulfill anyone or create any real wealth. This is probably the 99% of our economy.

People would absolutely quit those jobs, which would actually allow the notion of "free market" control of employment situations to work. People who are free to do what they want will do things worth doing, and people who want to do nothing have that right, they certainly don't add anything by working in debt collections for an insurance company.

It's that just so many people have McJobs that achieve nothing already and are only in those positions because they need money to survive. Give them the money anyway and they can do whatever they like rather than doing something pointless and irrelevant to them.
>>
>>53080450
Kek
>>
>>53081465
I've had no real problems with the self-checkout registers. Only with really light items or items that haven't had their weight properly put into the system so it complains about them, but that's a human error, not a system error.
Thread replies: 170
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.