[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, /g/, have you ever written a bot or two yourself? Tell me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6
So, /g/, have you ever written a bot or two yourself? Tell me about it!
>>
i used to use bots on runescape. does that count?
>>
>>53073726
Did you make them yourself?
>>
>>53073733
nope
>>
>>53073744
unfortunately, it does not. Unless you modified them to suit your needs I guess.

If you could, what would you write a bot for though?
>>
I've written a few bots for games that seem worth it without too much hassle. Made a bit of money on Trove when it was getting popular, also threw together some quick bots for the games /b/ gets in to (tribal wars, etc)

And then handfuls of unfinished bots for irc, discord, etc
>>
>>53073859
what languages, if I may ask?
Finished my Discord Bot yesterday actually, done in NodeJS
>>
>>53073934
C# when there's not too much memory reading/writing or when I want it to be stable (like a discord bot)

C if there's a lot of memory accessing going on. Typically I leverage another language for guis and interacting with a client

And if the whole thing is just piss-easy automation, I'll do it in autoit or some other niche scripting language
>>
My uncle gave me a Lego Mindstorm when I was a kid. I wrote an algorithm in C that made it pick up socks off the floor and put them into a basket in the corner of my room. Didn't do much else with it.
>>
I wrote a bot that played saltybet.com It was a simple loop in a windows form with C# that just reacted to what was on the page. It keep records of the winners and fighters, and used historic data to choose who to bet on.

It worked pretty well. I lost the code when I thought I'd backed it up but didn't during a server re-format. Oh well.

It was one of the first "major" programs I made, so I'm sure with what I know now I could re-write it better faster and stronger in an afternoon.
>>
>>53074802
Did it have a better success rate than regular betting?
>>
>>53073694
I wrote a bot for slack.

It spits gifs out at random while my coworkers are talking.

I'm working on its AI to improve the gif selection process.
>>
>>53073726
>using sketchy russian software
>>
Written IRC and Slack bots in PHP to report Git statuses, do backups. IRC protocol feels very traditional and telnet-like. Slack is just like any JSON REST API.

OAuth2 is a super pain in the ass, unless you want to start loading massive libraries you've never audited, and the best way to kill usage of your API.
>>
mostly flashgames automations
without feedback though, screengrabbing and template matching needs lots of ressources, often its better to just wait a few more seconds and assume things are where you expect them to be
>>
No but I sure want to. How can I get started making bots for stuff?
>>
I used to herd bots in Lineage 2, but I only wrote scripts in built-in programming language, the bot itself was written by chinese.

I wrote a bot to take people's posts, paste the text into a picture with a cute girl and respond to other people on /b/.

Another one to respond to people on 4chan using MegaHAL chatbot.

Another one to post Japanese Bird Cooking Spaghetti image to /jp/ daily.

Another one would scan 4chan boards periodically and store all user posts in a database; together with web frontent this is known as the fuuka 4chan archive.

Another one to generate database files for 3ds explorer extension from the wiki: http://no-info.no-ip.info/3ds/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Another one was used in a wiki where people uploaded translations for game scripts, for Japanese h-games. The bot would count translated lines and upload total translation progress to a separate page.

All of those are written in Perl (except for first).
>>
>>53073694
earlier today i wrote a "bot" to generate conspiracy theories in the style of an "enlightened" aussie eshlad
it's pretty messy but works
[w@x201 conspir]$ python2 conspire.py 5
Chile government dogs are trying to cover up the fact that Lanthanum aliens are watching us
Those fucking government dogs are putting Copper in our jealousy!
youse cunts gotta open your fuckin eyes cuz Senegal is dying from Cerium
THEY'RE PUTTING FUCKING Actinium IN OUR shopping!! IT'S TURNING ME INTO A data!
TAKE THE BLINDFOLD OFF BY SMOKING Sulfur
>>
>>53077641
Check ConspiracyBot 500 on facebook, they have a facebook, you might try to cobtribute
>>
>>53077645
actually that's cool, because i made mine into a facebook page too
the other script will post whatever comes into stdin on the page lol

i will scrap this project and try to contribute to conspiracybot
>>
>>53074898
You won't believe what this programming/stats major did to beat the system https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq785nJ0FXQ
>>
i made a "bot" in c# for an old mmo, but after being unable to reverse engineer the code and call internal functions because i dunno im retarded and could never figure it out, it turned mostly into a glorified autohotkey script that used a lot of guesswork to do anything and required window focus to work which kind of made it useless

i've also made a twitch chat bot that will do wacky commands and is essentially just an irc bot

i think to get to the level where botting games would be efficient and being able to properly use a debugger find and properly call memory addresses and make code caves for calling internal functions and whatever is a few steps above what i'm going to get at and i can never find any particularly useful resources for it, if anyone has some great reverse engineering books or guides or whatever i'd really be interested in knowing
>>
i wrote a simple bot for wow to gather herbs and mine 6 years ago, used it with speed/fly hack and even sold some of that gold
recently wrote another simple one for war thunder to grind tanks
>>
Writing a bit for war thunder right now, actually playing the game is just to agonizing
>>
>>53078281
how far have you gotten? tanks or planes?
>>
>>53078431
Planes, flying bombers and bombing bases. Just started on it, so far only am getting data from the game.
>>
>>53078458
that should be an easy task once you have all the information needed
i was thinking about an arcade plane bot but i don't want to pollute my stats with arcade and i've already unlocked most of tier 5 planes

you should post webm on /wtg/ when you finish it some time :^)
>>
I once wrote a script that let me pause with the space bar on Darkest Hour.
>>
>>53077321
Find something you do a lot
Think of what you do regularly and what could be automated
Start writing in your language of choice

>>53077443
That is pretty fucking cool

Another question, are there any bots you admire or take inspiration from?
>>
>>53073694
I used to write tons of bots in autoit, for metin2, urban rivals, automation of complex stuff in my work, and still do it in my computer for some repetitive tasks, dunno why i love coding so much in autoit.
>>
>>53080221
haven't used autoit myself, but I heard it's pretty good to write bots in, right?
>>
>>53080221
Also coded some hax0r stuff but never shared or used cuz im a moralfag.
>>
I wrote a really primitive bot in python that would emulate key and mouseclicks using keyhooks and stuff.
>>
>>53080287
I started coding in autoit without prior knowledge in coding, it was easy as fuck, the forum is great, but they don't help with most fun stuff, like bots for games or hax
>>
>>53080349
For what purpose, if I may ask?
>>
>>53073694
I've written a few for IRC, leddit, Telegram, etc.
>>
I make $50 or so a month from Second Life bots. I buy a cheap parcel, throw down some avatars with copybotted mesh clothes, and trick retards into paying to join the group and get land access, in hopes of getting some fuck
>>
>>53080430
top kek, you done me proud son
>>
>>53080400
To farm gold in a roundbased rts game. It just clicked at coordinates that I got with screengrabs in a repetitive sequence. I had to add a global key listener in a separate thread to abort the script in case I wanted to stop it earlier ,because the bot ui got unselected and the clicks were really fast.
>>
File: 1455818136046.jpg (171 KB, 1632x920) Image search: [Google]
1455818136046.jpg
171 KB, 1632x920
Python + requests + bs4 + regex master race
>>
File: hardtouse.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hardtouse.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
webms anyone?
the red line with numbers are the waypoints it uses for movement, it's hard to cram anything showing that into a 3mb webm though
the bot is capable of joining and playing games by itself
>>
File: mmbot GUI.jpg (33 KB, 338x370) Image search: [Google]
mmbot GUI.jpg
33 KB, 338x370
>>53080364
Same here. There was a Diablo 2 bot called mm.bot which used autoit. The first thing I ever wrote was a GUI to help manage the bot by editing .ini files and copying "sequence files" over.

I still use autoit to write random crap, since it's so easy to use.
>>
>>53073694
I had an editor for Gladiator bots back on Quake 2.
It was more powerful than Eraser by the early standards, because if you played on a map with a node graph, it would construct equally traversing graphs for it to take instead of a point in line, which was difficult to do without it getting into every hazard.
Soon not even my friend could beat it. I never named it, but others called him Hercules, more less Dell because no matter how hard you beat it, those PCs in the day refused to really die sometimes.
Also had to put prediction for the HammerUnit Movement speed so it can predict where the player would go and automatically adapt if it needed to.
I wish I still had the knowledge to do that.
>>
Wrote a bot to collect btc from "faucets".

Most interesting part was bypassing captcha(s), but this shit brings in too little value and you have to monitor/tweak it a lot.

Next logical step would've been running it using vpn/proxies to multiply my earnings, but I'm too lazy to make botnets and buying those makes no sense.

Still was fun experience, got about 0.01 btc.
>>
>>53074246
mindstorm reads c?
>>
I've written a few shitbots for Mumble, IRC, Steam. I did use Mumble's HTML rendering to build an image board, though, and one of the steam bots was an obnoxious random walk through the steam community. It would add you, and if you messaged it, it would add a friend of yours and send you back a response like a challenged 13 year old, and the cycle continues.
>>
>>53081092
Forgot how annoying creating a gui in autoit is, good old times
>>
>>53082279
I did he same lol, also created vpn and was runing it in VM's but im limited by the bandwith of the ISPi was using, automated everything, creation of wallets and management of new accounts, if i lived in any other part of the world, i would be earning a lot of passive income... fml
>>
>>53083625
If someone is willing to team up i still have the codes ideas and free time
>>
>>53083625
>>53083731
I think I would, but the vpn thing is the biggest stumper for me. if anyone has ideas on getting lots of IPs for free, I'm game

(also CPU power I guess, as this shit is easier to code in-browser/with javascript, and those damn browsers are resource hogs that leak memory)

also the only captcha that's actually hard to beat is google's, but it's definitely doable with enough resources. my plan would be using neural nets for that. can use "data entry" jobs to train it. is that retarded?
>>
>>53083625
btw, I also trolled bitcointalk forum convincing fags there that the worst captchas are actually most secure, trying to steer them away from recaptcha
>>
I'm currently maintaining an IRC bot for a role playing community. It displays stats and learnsets from their giant google sheets "database", along with a few other useful features.
>>
>went hiking in the mountains
>met another tourist
>turns out he's a programmer
>told me he used to have Ragnarok Online bots
>told me all about it
>most comfy campfire ever

he explained their net protocol was text, and the "levels" were akin to IRC rooms / MUD rooms, so it was all too easy. told some crazy shit about wrecking the game economy and stuff.
>>
How do you make bots for games?
Especially those without API's
>>
>>53086574
do you mean like for MMORPGs?

there're several approaches. you can rev-eng their net protocol or hack into process memory.

harder with some games, piss easy with others.
>>
>>53086622
>>53086574
Image recognition is another possibility. The war thunder bolt I mentioned earlier in this thread uses that, though in many cases it's just an added challenge and doing it some other way will be easier.
>>
years ago i wrote a rather complex botting soft for EVE Online, interacting with the game world was the easy part, what made it complex was mimicking human behaviour. and hiding everything behind proper hardware inputs.

used it for years controlling over 30 ships divided in 3 fleets, had haulers, boosters repositioning, combat support ships clearing rats, mining ships and scouts on nearby systems. i would usually play eve a lot, but the mining op ran itself in the wildlands of all places, from extraction, refining, and manufacturing of compression items.

after years of doing it came to me that if the devs at EVE ever realized just how horrifyingly addictive running multiple clients on eve could be and acknowledged it by providing proper in game tools they would eat ever other MMO out there... sadly the imbeciles at the CSM had the brilliant idea of lobbying against it, so now eve is just sitting there waiting for SC to put it out of its misery.

never shared my soft, and knew many others who used similar self made tools, none as complex as mine. i loved working on it, even more than i loved playing the game.

i wonder how long it will take for game devs to realize that the intricacies of coding and problem solving involved on botting, (even if its on a crap pseudocode that they can then sanitize in game), can be incredibly addictive and lead to interesting game play.
>>
>>53086738
props to you if you can actually decode game state by analyzing a screen shot of 3D CGI environment. you should be making your own google cars and shit.
>>
>>53086745
were you paying for 30 accounts?

tell us more about "interacting with the game" part
>>
File: attitude.png (136 KB, 960x1040) Image search: [Google]
attitude.png
136 KB, 960x1040
>>53086793
Meh, it's not as impressive as it sounds, I'm just reading HUD elements against a blue/grey sky/clouds background (pic related).

Now, finding the bomb target will be more interesting, but I haven't got that far yet.
>>
>>53076429
>>53073934
How do you do this? :(
>>
>>53089607
I personally am using discord.io for initial bot connection and just have stuff happen when it fires events
>>
>>53073726
How do they work, if you don't mind explaining it?
>>
I'm working on a bot just now that plays the best estimated move in a mobile game called eptatron
>>
>>53073694
Made rs bots back in the day
>>
>>53088738
>HUD elements
oh, I see. still kinda cool.

>bomb target
good luck with that, anon, keep us posted.
>>
>>53073859
>tribal wars
Shiet, I still hang out in a tw2 irc channel I joined over a year ago with a bunch of /b/ and /pol/ tards
>>
>>53090304
Not him but there are two types of RS bots currently used:
Injection/Reflection bots and color bots.
Injection bots are usually made with a Java library called ASM, which allows you to parse Java bytecode and modify it. Hundreds of fields are "hooked", where each field contains real time data of the game, such as camera values or item IDs and screen coordinates. Bots supply an API which gives script writers access to those hooks which contain all the game data and pre-made methods.
The bots also contain algorithms for how the fake mouse behaves and many manage script repositories where script writers can upload their scripts. I prefer writing my own

An example script might then look like
public class Woodcutter extends Script {

@Override
public int loop()
RSObject tree = RSObjects.getNearest(treeID);

if(Players.getMyPlayer().getAnimation() != choppingAnimID) {
tree.interact("Chop down");
}
else {
if(Inventory.isFull()) {
bank();
}
}
//sleep
return 500;
}

Color bots work by scraping the screen colors and basically detecting stuff by the color value.

Famous injection bots: RSBot, OSBot, Tribot, EpicBot, Nexus (dead), KBot (dead).
Famous color bots: Simba, RobotsInDisguise (shit), SCAR (pretty much dead)
>>
There is a local gossip forum that a lot of the people in my very small town use and someone I know had some pretty sordid details posted about themselves and after requesting the post be removed she was told that it was a free and open forum without any censorship and the only way a thread could be deleted was if it got X amount of complaints about it being offensive. Well I looked and there was no captcha verification or anything so I wrote a spam bot to spam the thread with "kill all niggers and kikes". Within an hour the thread was pulled.
>>
My cat use to spread them for money. 10c every moron who opened.
>>
I wrote a bot just to rig Wordpress polls because another contest obviously rigged shit himself
>>
>>53081155
>I wish I still had the knowledge to do that.
What do you mean?
>>
>>53086745
>...intricacies of coding and problem solving involved on botting, ..., can be incredibly addictive and lead to interesting game play.
Actually I'm waiting for a multiplayer or for that matter a mmo game which has "robots" in it (actually it could be anything) that you can program and that's the only way you can actually play. Robots would be beneficial because you could get upgrades to it.
So the main focus would be on writing code for your entities to do shit and interact with other shit, but with all the stuff of an "ordinary" mmo has like economy and chat, so you would have a bunch of bots shitting the chat and you could only use coding to process it. Maybe you could write a manual controller for it, but probably everyone would beat you at the real game.
I got my idea from playing colobots and seeing all those robot war games. Plus there's that bot competition for starcraft. I fear no-one will ever make it. Although I'm thinking of making a voxel-based multiplayer one. A multiplayer is bearable tier when you design it like that from the ground up. An mmo is too big for one man, it's too big for 10-20 too. I think multiplayer would be bearable by using a server-client arch from the beginning. Strictly 3D would give it the real fun, especially navigating with thrusters vertically.
Voxel allows for building by the bots. So it could turn into make a bot to scavenge-> build base ->defend it and maybe even the bots could do some group work. Clans making their own protocols and shit would be Awesome tier. Maybe I could even make it as "mod" to Minecraft, but MC is shit tier in a lot of respect, but it would be easier using it. In fact it has a mod with programmable bots, but that's not the main aspect of playing it. My other fear is it only appeals to a small group of people, at least that's what I think, so there wouldn't be people to play it.
>>
>>53092172
>Clans making their own protocols and shit would be Awesome tier
Yes fucking pls
I'd play the shit out of coding games. Remember Dark Signs? I never felt more at home
>>
>>53092235
>Dark Signs
Holy shit. I have never heard of that game, but when I played Uplink the second time (with some kind of mod) I was searching for similar games and I haven't found it for whatever reason. Thanks for this.
I checked out Colobot in the meantime again and they plan on including multiplayer, but the Voxel approach with the upgradeable robots would be a lot better I think.
Considering that it's a bit past 5 AM here, and it can be easily close to midnight in other parts of the world and yet my post got such a fast reply, plus the fact that I had this idea for quite some time all adds up now. I think I'm gonna talk about this with a few friends of mine and I will try to do something about it, find time for it, especially if they're interested too.
>>
>>53091485
Thank you for taking the time to actually explain it anon.
>>
>>53088738
that seems like a lot of work for something that might not work very well
reversing the game to find the local player and other things is not hard, they're referenced all over the place
i might be missing something but you only need local player position/rotation, base position and mouse aim angle
>>
>>53091485
I wanted to use a bot in FFXIV because it's so fucking boring to farm shit in it. Then I found out all the "bots" are just weak ass scripts by 12 year olds. ;_;
>>
>>53080598
nice. I did wonder a few times how do people kill me from across the map.
>>
File: Hackers-Movie.jpg (114 KB, 1263x560) Image search: [Google]
Hackers-Movie.jpg
114 KB, 1263x560
>2002
>had computers in highschool
>made a bat that can self copy paste
>woah dood that's so cool dood
>crashed the computer
>had to take a paper book from a physical library and read about computer networks
>made the same bat copy paste into other computers on the network
>woah dood that's so cool dood

kek
at that time (estonia 2002) in my highschool nobody knew very much about computers so everything stayed like that for a few weeks
>>
>>53086240
Which game.
>>
>>53095339
I'm more doing it to get a chance to fuck around with openCV than any practical reason. If i wanted to do it the day way the game even hosts a server on local port 8111 that provides some json data about your plans.
>>
>>53080598
What method are you getting data from?
>>
>>53073934
it doesn't matter
>>
>>53095997
makes sense, the good thing about war thunder is that even if your bot fucks up the games don't last very long so it's not much of a loss

>>53096048
it's an injected cheat/bot so directly from the game
>>
>>53073694
I made a bot for Telegram that finds e621 pictures
>>
>>53092404
Unfortunately, DarkSigns, at least the way it used to be (the good way where you had nothing but your console and scripting capabilities) is dead afaik
>>
>>53077641
Looks cool, mind sharing anon?
>>
can someone give me bot ideas? I'm tired of doing Katas and I want to learn something new
>>
>>53097631
Well, do you play any games? Use IRC? Got any other programs that some automation would be fine for?
>>
I was pretty addicted to mmo's about 8 years ago and started botting wow with glider (one of the first big wow bots). After writing some profiles for it and started testing bots for other games I got interested into making money with those bots. Later, when many of my real life friends started playing a game called S4League, I looked at the code for the game and found out that the singleplayer missions had their first level called intro and the last level was the winning sequence. So I interchanged the two filenames and was shocked that I just had to start a mission and instantly got to the winning screen where I was able to collect the rewards, including some of the premium currency. Then I wrote a small autoit bot (pixel scanning, clicking and some pauses) to automate this. Made some pretty decent money the weeks after this, sold many accounts which where completly equiped with permanent premium gear. The only other thing I wrote back then was a aimbot for counterstrike source, which was basicly just scanning for red or blue color and moving the mouse there. To make it work I had to use custom models with ultrabright red and blue colors. And all this without knowing shit about programming, I just started learning javascript some weeks ago and have no other knowledge about programming. Now I know some basic javascript and want to learn more about programming some real bots, which programming language would be optimal for this? Bear in mind that I only know some basic javascript right now, so I think C would be a step to far right now, I dont want to lose the motivation to learn right now, it's hard enough to keep it up while being unemployed and only getting negative replies to my applications.
>>
>>53097950
Mister Gorbachev tear down this wall of text!
>>
>Hurr how to make bot for x?

Code something to get info from x and to interact with x.
Code the logic part that animate it.

There you go.
>>
>>53097988
I was pretty addicted to mmo's about 8 years ago and started botting wow with glider (one of the first big wow bots).
After writing some profiles for it and started testing bots for other games I got interested into making money with those bots.

Later, when many of my real life friends started playing a game called S4League,
I looked at the code for the game and found out that the singleplayer missions had their first level called intro and the last level was the winning sequence.
So I interchanged the two filenames and was shocked that I just had to start a mission and instantly got to the winning screen where I was able to collect the rewards,
including some of the premium currency.

Then I wrote a small autoit bot (pixel scanning, clicking and some pauses) to automate this.
Made some pretty decent money the weeks after this, sold many accounts which where completly equiped with permanent premium gear.

The only other thing I wrote back then was a aimbot for counterstrike source, which was basicly just scanning for red or blue color and moving the mouse there.
To make it work I had to use custom models with ultrabright red and blue colors.

And all this without knowing shit about programming, I just started learning javascript some weeks ago and have no other knowledge about programming.
Now I know some basic javascript and want to learn more about programming some real bots, which programming language would be optimal for this?
Bear in mind that I only know some basic javascript right now, so I think C would be a step to far right now,
I dont want to lose the motivation to learn right now, it's hard enough to keep it up while being unemployed and only getting negative replies to my applications.

better? Didnt realized I wrote that much.
>>
>>53097950
You know JS? Go with NodeJS, it's amazingly easy to write bots in it. Especially due to npm giving you lots of modules to work with already
>>
>>53098083
Nope still didn't read all that shit
>>
>>53098124
that's why you're a fucking NEET
>>
>>53098134
I know you are but what am i
>>
>>53098171
a fucking neet
>>
>>53098197
I'm rubber you're glue
>>
I used to contribute on wc3 dota bot projects, ended up being the most downloaded dota AI map. They were in some instances much better than dota 2/bots which are developed by valve.
>>
Are there any open source bots that might be worth checking out
>>
>>53095583
How'd you get it to copy over the network?
>>
>>53073694
Yes, a reddit bot and a bot for my school cantine system, to order me food automatically.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.