[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
petition to Linus Torvalds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 22
https://www.change.org/p/linus-torvalds-request-github-to-stop-using-git-in-their-name

>Dear Linus Torvalds,

>Request GitHub to stop using 'Git' in their name

>GitHub has proven to be a racist company openly discriminating white people (both male and female) and abusing their rights.

>We ask you to seek the end of the abuse of the name 'Git' (which belongs to you) by those people. They give Git a bad name and this must stop.

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/08/report-anti-white-agenda-revealed-at-githubs-diversity-team/

also: move to GitLab
>>
>>52908662
>proven to be a racist company openly discriminating white people
literally how ?
>>
>>52908662
>>>/pol/
>>
File: 1394018993160.jpg (6 KB, 239x238) Image search: [Google]
1394018993160.jpg
6 KB, 239x238
>>52908662
>sjws against racism against whites
>>
>>52908662
You can't be racist against white people, it's not possible
>>
>>52908697
learn to read:
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/02/08/report-anti-white-agenda-revealed-at-githubs-diversity-team/
>>
I don't see what's wrong with making a statement that white people are unsuitable to lead anything regarding diversity.
>>
I don't like GH, but that's retarded. Just don't fucking use Github, and don't recommend it to others.
>>
>>52908662
if there's one thing i hate its sjws and their inflicting cancer into the tech industry, but im not going to give my private information to some botnet website
>>
>>52908745
pathetic racist
>>
>>52908784
>what's wrong
>white people are unsuitable
racism?
>>
>>52908784
why do you need shoehorned diversity just for the sake of diversity?
>>
Git doesn't specifically relate to white people. It's a slang for dumb people, so I don't understand. I get that it's a joke, but I don't get how the joke makes sense.
>>
>>52908826
what?
really?
>>
>>52908804
Simply saying white people are unsuitable isn't racism, the same way saying women are unsuitable to tasks involving high physical strength isn't sexist. Actively denying them a job due to being white is racist, however, but there is no evidence of that occurring here.

>>52908815
I don't care personally, I'm just pointing out what's in the OP isn't discrimination.
>>
>>52908784
Making the statement isn't the problem. Making it a goal of github is, however. Making broad generalizations on an entire race and/or gender is quite the opposite of embracing diversity, and supporting that idea means that they themselves aren't fit for that task.
>>
>the joos keepin the white man down!!!!

Worse than niggers to be quite honest with you familia
>>
>>52908662
Most of this seem like standard SJW bullshit, however:
>Request GitHub to stop using 'Git' in their name

Can someone explain this?
How is 'git' as a word raciss?

Being an upside-down convict, 'Git' to me means an idiot as per the british usage, however it's never implied race or gender...
>>
>>52908928
How is a point in a slide titled "6 THINGS THAT ARE HARD TO TALK ABOUT BUT WE MUST" making it a goal of github?

The point is completely valid regardless, white people have already been leading diversity for all of history and look how that has turned out.
>>
>>52908854
Yeah dawg. Urban dictionary it.

Or even better, here's the Wikipedia article on the word: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(slang)
>>
>>52908981
you are a git
Git is a name owned by Linus Torvalds, its creator
GitHub uses this name which may not be legal
so the petition author asks Linus to act against GitHub because he hopes Linus won't tolerate this racism
the name git has nothing to do with racism
is it this hard to understand?
>>
>>52908986
white people do not care for diversity
they care for results
if black women could code well, there would be no single white person in tech corporations
but they cannot
and denying a workplace from a higher skilled white to 'diverse' it and give the job to a totally incompetent black person IS RACISM against white people.
>>
File: 1307931611001.png (1 MB, 1162x850) Image search: [Google]
1307931611001.png
1 MB, 1162x850
https://youtu.be/_-cSU-QDan8?t=9
>>
>>52909017
No, that's not difficult at all, but I wasn't going to give breitbart the hits and OP hadn't explained it all.

I honestly thought the SJWs had come up with some crazy rational on why the word 'git' was raciss.
Turns out OP was, as per standard, a faggot.
>>
>>52908784
I don't see what's wrong with making a statement that black people are unsuitable to lead anything regarding not committing crimes.
>>
>>52908916
OK sure, next time a company has a job opening they can put "black people are unsuitable" on the job descriptions so long as they may actually still hire one?
>>
>>52909017
That makes more sense. Thanks poster
>>
>>52908745
im not white, and i can tell you, thats racist.
>>
>>52909055
>black people are unsuitable to lead anything regarding not committing crimes.
this actually can be proven with statistics
(e.g. in usa blacks are 13% but commit 50% homicides, see http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6a_1455109441)

white managers being unable to be fair and somehow act against 'diversity' is an open lie and anti-white racism
>>
>>52908774
Stop linking to clickbait and post a screenshot or a pastebin.
>>
>>52909113
>(e.g. in usa blacks are 13% but commit 50% homicides, see http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6a_1455109441)
Which can also be attributed to their socio-economic status, which again is a result of slavery.
>>
>>52908784
Diverse environment includes white people… diverse != non-white you retard
>>
>>52908986
We don't know for sure if it is a goal of github, but it's a valid concern because the person who said it is the VP of Social Impact at github. As a sort of extreme example, if some schmuck says he thinks all muslims should drop dead, that's not a big deal, but if it's said by a president or general, then that's a lot more concerning.

And it's not valid simply because it's still discrimination. Even worse, this is discrimination for the sake of discrimination only. There is nothing to gain from hiring people based on their race/gender instead of their set of skills.
>>
>>52909179
diversity is code for anti-white
>>
>>52909155
Wrong. There is zero to none correlation with poverty and violent crime
>>
>>52909047
You seem to be confused. Nobody is saying anything about denying white people work, just that they are unsuitable to LEAD diversity, i.e., a job held by one person. As you said yourself, white people do not care for diversity, which only furthers the point that white people are unsuitable for the job.

>>52909073
Yes, that's what free speech is. Although I'm not sure why anyone would do that unless black people were genuinely unsuitable for the job. A role playing a white person in a movie, for example, it's completely reasonable to say a black person is unsuitable to play Steve Jobs.
>>
File: niggers-iq-vs-income-lie.jpg (131 KB, 644x644) Image search: [Google]
niggers-iq-vs-income-lie.jpg
131 KB, 644x644
>>52909155
>>(e.g. in usa blacks are 13% but commit 50% homicides, see http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=b6a_1455109441)
>Which can also be attributed to their socio-economic status, which again is a result of slavery.
no, it can't. see picture.
please bring your shitty views to /pol/ so they can destroy you there. this is no place for such discussion.
>>
>>52909179
The TASK of increasing diversity in the workplace is different than diversity itself. Besides, workplaces are already mostly white, adding more won't solve anything.

>>52909196
How is it discrimination? They aren't denying white people jobs.
>>
File: 3-generations-asians-niggers.jpg (178 KB, 530x970) Image search: [Google]
3-generations-asians-niggers.jpg
178 KB, 530x970
>>52909155
>which again is a result of slavery.
no, it isn't
>>
>>52909209
Then why were most criminals poor before resorting to crime? Do you even have any sources?

>>52909235
Are you saying niggers are rich? Most niggers aren't rich, they're poor. They grow up in shitty neighbourhoods, they become bangers, and do crime. The fact is studies show there is a correlation between poverty and crime.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/9781118519639.wbecpx246/abstract;jsessionid=840E67BD00E7262F0B07DC2A61F33D7A.f02t03?userIsAuthenticated=false&deniedAccessCustomisedMessage=
>>
>>52908662
>>52908774
>KKKbart
>>
Since when did /g/ become /pol2/? The redpill shit is just a meme you fucking newfags are taking seriously.
>>
>>52909297
>workplaces are already mostly white
workplaces must not be selected by skin color
THIS IS RACISM
you base the decision of who will get the job on their skin color
workplaces are to be selected by skills
and they are so, because business is business
it seems white people know how to work and are skilled because they go to school
instead of being all gangsta and wander cities all day looking to dindu nothing
is it so hard to understand?
>>
>>52909348
lol how new can you be?
>>
>>52909332
>Are you saying niggers are rich?
is it really /g/
how came so stupid people are here?
can you even read a simple table?!
>>
>>52909351
Whoa, calm down. Hiring more white people WON'T increase diversity, that's a simple fact, I never said they should hire non-whites instead. That's why the issue of diversity in the workplace is as complex as it is.
>>
>>52909372
The table literally says niggers that are dumber than white people are making more money.
>>
>>52909235
Blacks earning $100k live in the same communities as whites living $30k thanks to historically racist housing policies.
>>
>>52909372
>how came so stupid people are here?

the irony is so palpable that i'm choking on it

>citing an unattributed jpeg as proof that the nature/nurture/culture debate is completely solved

step it up, bruh
develop some scientific literacy
>>
File: untitled.png (67 KB, 847x749) Image search: [Google]
untitled.png
67 KB, 847x749
>>52908745
>>
>>52909393
you total imbecile
your 'diversity' is not a goal
it can be a goal only to a racist person
who doesn't care for skills and just thinks a black must have the same job as white, even if the black is unskilled, has no school and did absolutely nothing good with his entire life, while all the whites that are rejected learned and worked hard to get that job
you are a pathetic worm
>>
>>52909297
I can assure you in my business I never hire blacks or any ethnics. Why? Becasue they never have the skills. Simple. One young black guy did come close to getting hired but then he mentioned something about diversity in the interview so into the trash he went. I value logic and reason. Not emotion.
>>
>>52909393
It seemed like it wasn't on a too bad way but feminists and such are taking it too aggressively
>>
>>52908662
>only 4 supporters
>>
>>52909486
It was started by OP, and no one on /g/ is dumb enough to bother with this shit. There's literally just one guy in this thread going full /pol/.
>>
>>52909443
>who doesn't care for skills and just thinks a black must have the same job as white, even if the black is unskilled, has no school and did absolutely nothing good with his entire life, while all the whites that are rejected learned and worked hard to get that job

Please point out where I said this. The ad hominem isn't helping your argument either.

>>52909461
>not hiring someone because you have an emotional bias against diversity
>I value logic and reason

kek
>>
>>52909297
If someone says that white people can't lead diversity, and that "33% isn't enough", they're implying that they need to hire people other than white people, just because they're not white. That's discrimination, and it's no different from hiring Amanda instead of Shaniqua based on the name that shows up on their CV.

The thing with diversity is that it's perfectly fine to encourage it, it hurts nobody and it allows a natural progression of the work environment. However, some of these people are bent on enforcing diversity at an accelerated rate, which ends up hurting the cause. Affirmative action is having the same issue right now; many people (both black and white) feel that Aa cheapens the achievements of black people, as they are judged by color more than skills.

Diversity is a real problem, and weaponizing it for political profit doesn't help at all.
>>
>>52909436
it's time to wipe the shitskins from the surface of the earth
they are hateful animals that will never be satisfied
>>
>>52908662
Why is Git so offensives anyway and what does it mean? i always thought it was a made up word.
Actually a git is like an idiot or imbecile
>>
File: Capture.png (25 KB, 753x555) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
25 KB, 753x555
>>52909499
Figured it had to be something like that. Shit thread OP
>>
>>52909554
yet another moron appears
>>
>>52909568
fuck you pajeet
why dont you exaplin it then, you git
>>
>>52909586
see >>52909017
then kill yourself
>>
>>52909619
so whats the thing he invented that he called git?
>>
>>52909544
>they're implying that they need to hire people other than white people
Yes.

>just because they're not white
No, where did you draw this from?

>it's no different from hiring Amanda instead of Shaniqua based on the name that shows up on their CV
This is actually happening, though, while the opposite is not. Diversity is about giving minorities the same chance to be hired as white people, and when that happens it will level itself out naturally.
>>
>>52909638
oh God, you are stupid
am I really in /g/?
>>
>>52909643
>Diversity is about giving minorities the same chance to be hired as white people
which is why 95% of programmers are white males.
because the measurement is the skill, and they are most skilled, intelligent, bright, creative and they actually work (and, guess what, they actually come to work everyday unlike black people)
>>
>>52909653
>what's with all these different opinions
>where's my hivemind
>why is everyone so wrong
>hurrrrrrrrrr

that's you, that is
>>
>>52909699
what are you even talking about? damage control?
you asked about git. in /g/ only an idiot doesn't know what git is. lurk more. or kill yourself. whatever.
>>
>>52909716
ive been lurking for over a year and ive never seen what git actually is
It cant be just a made up word
>>
>>52909691
Yet there is no empirical evidence that minorities cannot have the same skill level. Minorities that DO have the same skill level are or have been discriminated against.
>>
>tfw you will never be retarded enough to argue with anonymous shitposters on gee
feels pretty gud actually
>>
>>52909691
They are already being given the same chance. Because they suck at it and fail to get in based on merit alone, they now want to get in by force.
>>
>>52909771
Typical minority way.
>>
>>52909755
of course it's a made up word
use Google you utter imbecile
>>
>>52909768
Mind providing evidence for your claim?
>>
>>52909755
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=git
>>
>>52909771
>They are already being given the same chance.
of course they are
>Because they suck at it and fail to get in based on merit alone
that's what I say
>they now want to get in by force.
and the anti-white leftist racists help them
>>
I bet OP has never even used git before.
>>
>>52909791
how ... cromulent.
>>
>>52909155
killing people is absolved because of socio-economic status?

kek
>>
>>52909768
>Minorities that DO have the same skill level are or have been discriminated against.
it's EXACTLY the opposite
managers will love to hire a woman (or someone of different race)
but in most cases they simply cannot because they are so behind white male candidates that it hurts
>>
>>52909820
this
>>
>>52909796
How much evidence do you want? It would take you less than a minute to search yourself and find a dozen results.

http://occmed.oxfordjournals.org/content/57/1/18.full
>>
>>52908662
These people need to either fuck off or get shot
>>
>>52909856
this is bullshit
>30% of non-white respondents reported very or extremely high stress compared to 18% of white workers.
stress management, yet another skill possessed only by white people (both male and female)
yet another reason not to hire a pretentious nigger
>>
File: 739.png (53 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
739.png
53 KB, 625x626
>>52908745
>>
>>52908662
>Some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women
lol
>>
>>52908662
>Grammar
>>
>censor this business because they are censoring other people
um
>>
>>52909235
>>52909372
Got an actual source for that table, or am I just supposed to assume that it wasn't done in a ridiculous way by a group with an agenda (like most "studies" by anti gun groups) or typed up by some /pol/ack with the source being their own ass?
>>
>>52909643
>where did you draw this from?
You mean besides the "not work for white folks to lead" bit? Because that's exactly what it implies.

>This is actually happening, though, while the opposite is not.
I know it's happening, that's why I used it as an example. And the opposite IS happening as well, and it already happened for hiring more females (which make the "some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women" part of the slide really ironic). Affirmative action is also a good example that you conveniently ignored.

>Diversity is about giving minorities the same chance to be hired as white people
Yes it is, and it's important to note that it's exactly as you say it: same chance. Same chance doesn't necessarily imply that they will be hired, or that they will be representative of their population in the area, only that they won't face any kind of discrimination during the hiring process. This means that whether a company is 100% minorities or 100% white people must be fully dependent on the skills of the people that applied for the job, and not based on quotas. Do notice that this concept is what ignited the rug shitstorm at github.
>>
>>52909856
How does this prove your claim? This is just an experiment of what impact perceived discrimination has on the stress levels of minority workers. This does not show actual confirmed cases of discrimination.
>>
>>52909997
>Yes it is, and it's important to note that it's exactly as you say it: same chance. Same chance doesn't necessarily imply that they will be hired, or that they will be representative of their population in the area, only that they won't face any kind of discrimination during the hiring process. This means that whether a company is 100% minorities or 100% white people must be fully dependent on the skills of the people that applied for the job, and not based on quotas. Do notice that this concept is what ignited the rug shitstorm at github.
this
leftist idiots do not get it
>>
>>52909824
>managers will love to hire a woman (or someone of different race)

Do you have any proof of this?

>>52909897
>straw man

Like I said, the evidence is there if you spend a couple of minutes searching. But you won't.

>>52909997
Not being suitable to lead is completely different than not being hired. Your other points are completely correct.
>>
>>52909997
exactly
just give all applicants the same test to solve, evaluate without looking at any personal data of the candidate, and give them the job basing only on the score
>mfw effect: 95% white male when hard skills needed, 90% white (m+f) when soft skills needed
>>
>>52910048
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2915460/
>>
who really uses github other than pretentious people anyway?

The world really doesn't need to see your half ass written unfinished project.
>>
>>52910103
>Not being suitable to lead is completely different than not being hired.
Yes, but the implication of the presentation is that creating diversity departments on other companies will require hiring people that aren't white. That's why it's an implication. Because it's not said outright. It's implied.
>>
>>52910171
>will require hiring people that aren't white
Hiring people that aren't white is not discrimination. Hiring them BECAUSE they aren't white is, but that was not implied in any way. Saying they are unsuitable is not saying they won't be hired.
>>
>>52909311
B-But asians don't have black skin so they can't be discriminated like black people are.
>>
>>52909856
>Among the black African–Caribbean respondents, women who reported experiencing racial discrimination at work had higher levels of psychological distress.

>Study on women
>High stress
Jeez, I wonder why. Could it be that in general women feel more stress. And if they don't feel competent enough for the job, they would feel stressed about it?

Why would you assume there must be only one reason which can cause stress at work?
>>
>>52910133
>sociology
>hard evidence

=/
You're one step to gender studies relevance level.
>>
>>52910284
>reading comprehension

They state themselves that self reported cases of discrimination are unreliable and provide much more concrete alternative.

>>52910304
What evidence do you want? It seems you won't be happy with anything because you are a bigot.
>>
File: a4a2799dc9472ac51b1fac168821a99e.png (162 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a4a2799dc9472ac51b1fac168821a99e.png
162 KB, 1920x1080
This thread must be full of bait. Whenever these pro-diversity agendas are set up, they inevitably (and ironically) become racist and sexist. Suddenly organizations are collecting data on people's skin color and their genitalia and using that data to filter people out of their group. It's the very definition of racism and sexism.

A truly egalitarian society does not need to collect this data or meet race/sex quotas. Applicants are hired (or given grants or scholarships) based on their merits and not factors they were born with that are completely outside their control.

Women are now earning degrees more than men at a 2-to-1 rate. Some fields are almost entirely dominated by women (mainly education and health professions.) There are hardly any male teachers left in American schools. You never hear about this because it does not fit the feminist agenda. For some reason technology, and specifically IT and CS, gets picked on for being "sexist" because men happen to outnumber women. Asians are also represented in STEM beyond their proportion of the general population but you don't hear about this because they remain a minority, and that does not fit the agenda.

The American left is being fractured by divisive SJWs who don't even understand the issues they are most rustled about, much less far more important issues like economics. Make no mistake the ownership class is most pleased by this.

And the people parroting this fluff are doing so purely for their own career advancement. Suddenly we have people who have never written a line of code being highly paid judicators in the hiring process and HR department. The woman in OP's pic is a racist and a sexist.

Based Carmack:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmbW4ueGdg
>>
>>52909993
This, the /pol/acks who actually expect people to take their unsourced pictures as scientific fact are fucking retarded.
>>
>>52910191
>Hiring them BECAUSE they aren't white is, but that was not implied in any way. Saying they are unsuitable is not saying they won't be hired.
It was implied. It's a broad generalization that leaves no room for dialogue. X people are just not fit for that task. Sure, nobody says they won't get hired, but the implication is that they won't, based on that idea alone.

That said, while I understand your point, it seems to me like we're seeing the phrase "not suitable to lead" from different angles, which is why it's the one thing we can't agree on. I think we can safely drop it at this point, or we'll get stuck discussing it forever.
>>
>>52908745
>people falling for this
lmao
>>
>>52910474
I'll bite.

>A truly egalitarian society does not need to collect this data or meet race/sex quotas.

We do not live in an egalitarian society.

Suppose I want a programmer. My choices are two candidates with almost equal skillsets: a white guy, and a black woman. In an egalitarian society, I would choose the most qualified person, right?

But:

>http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html
>Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback
>>
>>52909155
I live in a country were people are generally poorer than poor people USA.
We were slaves too for about 500 years.
And somehow our homicide rate is amongst lower scale in europe and thats with us probably having most guns per capita in the world after USA

But hey, dont let facts shatter your fantasy.
>>
>>52909332
Because there are way more poor people than rich ?
>>
File: git.png (21 KB, 610x150) Image search: [Google]
git.png
21 KB, 610x150
>still using git
>>
>>52909340
this. trash thread
>>
>>52909340
>unironically being this much of a cuck
>>
>>52910675
>why do different countries with different histories, circumstances, etc. have different outcomes???!!

Get off the computer, the radiation has clearly addled whatever's left of your brain.
>>
>>52910703
All respect lost. What a hack. Has he ever used SVN? It's shit.
>>
>>52910803
Protip: they're all shit. But git is the worst.

>want to add one goddamn file to a git repository
>nope, you've got to basically redo/reset everything to add one goddamn file
How is git even considered good by anyone?
>>
>>52908662
this is why I host all my own shit
>>
>>52910761
>unironically eating shit
>>
>>52909416
this too.
>>
Torvalds is not responsible for Git trademark, you dumbfucks.
Consult https://git-scm.com/trademark
>>
File: Woll_Smoth_original.jpg (38 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
Woll_Smoth_original.jpg
38 KB, 300x400
>>52908720
>>
File: 1365557792048.jpg (46 KB, 871x651) Image search: [Google]
1365557792048.jpg
46 KB, 871x651
>>52910841
What?
Are we talking about the same program?
>>
>>52910841
i'm confused, isn't it just
$ git add ./filename.txt
?
>>
>>52911004
Yep, locally. But merging it with your git repository will give you problems because git gets confused for some retarded reason and requires you to basically reset the whole thing just to add one file.
>>
File: stanime.png (134 KB, 860x480) Image search: [Google]
stanime.png
134 KB, 860x480
>>52910612
>We do not live in an egalitarian society.
No arguments there.

>http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html
I would have to look at the study more in-depth to decide whether it has any merit, and wasn't crafted in such a way to "make a point." The fact they varied the quality of the resumes in addition to the names makes the entire study dubious in my opinion; a well-designed study minimizes the independent variables (ideally to one.) Frankly, by allowing the content of the resumes to vary in more than one way (and seemingly every possible way,) it would be very easy to construct the study in such a way to make a point. I could easily construct a study proving the exact opposite.

Even taking the study at face value, the solutions proffered by (most of) these opportunist SJWs are openly, de-facto racist and sexist and therefore do nothing to address the root cause of their issues. They advocate fighting an innate aspect of culture with rigid institutions and litigation which will only create further diversion and ultimately undermine whatever goal they had in the first place. I'm not involved in hiring but I would not be surprised if hiring a woman or minority is viewed as a liability by many because you are far more likely to be facing a discrimination lawsuit of some kind down the road.

I can only think of two discrimination lawsuits filed by white men off the top of my head (one being the guy who wanted to be a Hooters waiter and the other being Yahoo's ongoing fiasco wherein white men were blatantly being passed over for promotions.)

I see the Trump phenomenon in general largely a response to the SJW platforms that will (perhaps) undermine their cause.
>>
>>52908697

>Some of the biggest barriers to progress are white women

This is pointless, to have a claim he has to continually enforce his ownership of the term which he hasn't and wont do. That's how open source and non-proprietary works, you don't get to choose who gets to use it.
>>
Fucking stupid. Unless Torvalds owns the trademark for the word "git" he has no right to request someone remove the word from their product.
>>
>>52911043
are you autistic
>>
>>52908745
>bait 4.0
yeah im black african and what you said was extremely racist.i hope you die from septicaemia the next time youre trying to bait your hook.
>>
>>52911110
>he's never really seriously worked with git
Please don't be a typical young idiot.
>>
File: how_it_really_happened.jpg (183 KB, 530x970) Image search: [Google]
how_it_really_happened.jpg
183 KB, 530x970
>>52909311

yeah, no...
>>
Rename it to Shithub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
>>
>>52911043
you add, then you commit, then you push... any other modifications aren't added to the repository online.

if you wanna merge you have to commit all the other files, because you have modifications that aren't acounted in your current local directory and could delete them.

please correct me if i'm wrong, i wanna know
>>
>>52910841
>mommy, i don't know how to use git
>oh, muffin, that's because git is stupid, and you're my perfect little button
>thanks mommy
>>
>>52911358
> how_it_really_happened.jpg
>single example of one successful black doctor as if there were no successful asian doctors
>implying there are more successful black businessmen that have the capital to fund startups than asians
Coincidentally I am working on a multibillion dollar project that was bought out by asians in LA. If you live in that area, you'd probably know what I'm talking about.
>>
Didn't Linus name it git because it's an insult in the first place? I expected the SJWs to jump on this eventually, not the free speech side.

Don't start playing their games, stand by the principles.
>>
>>52911502
>add
Works.
>commit
Works
>push
ERROR CANNOT PUSH BECAUSE THERE'S LIKE A FILE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO ADD A SINGLE FUCKING FILE TO THIS PRECIOUS REPOSITORY OMG ABORT ABORT PLEASE RESET EVERYTHING AND TRY AGAIN

>>52911560
Another person that has never used git.
>>
>>52911742
Never had that happen.
Are you sure someone didn't push the same file before you got yours in or something?
>>
>>52911742
run this, you fuckwit

git add .

or

git add *

git commit -m "i'm a huge faggot"

git push _name_ _Branchname_
>>
>>52908745
2/10 made me reply
>>
>>52911742
you're stupid as shit, mate

git remove your_life

git commit -m "removed a huge faggot"

git push origin master
>>
>>52911750
This happens regardless of if anyone did a push before or not, and even with a single-user repository where it's impossible for anyone to commit.

>>52911757
Oh look, it's what I ran. It doesn't work.

Look, other version control systems aren't any better. They have some of the same problems as well. It's really a retarded system that we're all forced into when we have multiple people working on the same project, which is sad.
>>
File: having problems?.jpg (17 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
having problems?.jpg
17 KB, 500x382
>>52911742
>>
>>52911588
>Oh look more cherrypicking
Just give it up, idiot
>>
>>52911043
this doesn't fucking happen
>>
File: having problems? copy.jpg (20 KB, 500x382) Image search: [Google]
having problems? copy.jpg
20 KB, 500x382
>>52911805
oh so you just thought you'd go in guns a blazing and use a VCS without any forethought, did you?
>>
>>52911821
Happens to me all the goddamn time.

Try it yourself. Get a test repo on gitsjwhub or one of your meme github clones that will be gone next week, upload a list of files, then change a couple and add a single file to it.

Enjoy your error.
>>
>>52911805
So, let me get this straight. In your mind, you think that people like /g/ users and Torvalds, who are notoriously picky complainers who need everything to be pragmatic, are all secretly fuckwits using a retarded system that makes no sense, and your the only genius who can see that it's fundamentally flawed?

FUCK I hate this stupid fucking board.
>>
>>52911831
this. software development isn't like one of your shitty gayems, you gaymur pleb
>>
>>52911805
Read the free Pro Git book, it's really good. https://progit.org/

It will help you understand on a fundamental level what's going on with git and how it works.

Yeah, yeah, you feel like you shouldn't have to read a book to understand how a VCS works, I know. But trust me on this one, just read at least the first few chapters and it'll all make sense.
>>
>>52912102
or, if you can't really read too good, you can watch video of the makey makey man who did the stuff that does gits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XpnKHJAok8
>>
>>52909400
Cracking the fuck up. Y'all 4chan niggas are hilarious.
>>
File: 1442683815660.jpg (33 KB, 600x586) Image search: [Google]
1442683815660.jpg
33 KB, 600x586
>not emailing it to him

you know he'll never read this shit, right?
>>
>>52908662
>discriminating against white people
my poor sides
>>
why is fuckin everything about politics now
I hate this
>>
>>52911785
>pushing to master
u wot
>>
>>52908662
1. I do not think "git" is trademarked
2. Even if it were then this action only would cause drama and/or unnecessary and confusing rebranding (think about Iceweasel)
3. It solves nothing

Also a trademark policy that says "Anyone can use the name >>git<< freely except in the name of >>github<<" doesn't look good.
>>
>>52909017
>Git is a name owned by Linus Torvalds, its creator
>GitHub uses this name which may not be legal
The word "git" is hardly copyrightable and is only owned by Linus if he trademarked it (and I doubt it).
>>
I literally don't know what they are angry about now.

stop being easily offended and forcing people to conform to your ideals. fuck.
>>
>>52908784
cuck
>>
github literally means hub of stupid or worthless persons.

Oh the irony.
>>
>>52910761
Please explain how Breitbart is even a remotely good website without using memes/imageboard euphemisms
>>
>>52911848
works on my machine :^)
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-02-11-12-38-08.png (72 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-11-12-38-08.png
72 KB, 720x1280
Can Linus even tell them to leave github out of their name ? It's open source, right ?
>>
>>52908774
Stop linking to britbart when there are legitimate sources avaliable that people here actally trust.

ffs 4chan, news articles are not spam

businessinsider dot com slash github-the-full-inside-story-2016-2
>>
>>52910474
>Women are now earning degrees more than men at a 2-to-1 rate
Yeah and those studies that report that never tell you what they're getting their degrees in. It's all the garbage and easy degrees like English and Sociology that get you 50k in debt.
>>
File: 1454447478085.jpg (20 KB, 388x587) Image search: [Google]
1454447478085.jpg
20 KB, 388x587
>>52908774
>kikebart
>>
>>52910103
>Do you have any proof of this?

Gidings? Imagine how good it would look!
>look our company is so diverse and progressive!
>>
>>52909179
It is as long as white people are the large majority. Only when the distribution of races is exactly like the world population, there is diversity.
>>
SJWhub: pro-womyn bias unconvered:
http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/02/data-analysis-of-github-contributions-reveals-unexpected-gender-bias/
>>
>>52909436
Seems like the shitskins just can't escape their subhuman mentality
>>
>>52916160
Breitbart is just as impartial as the BBC, Guardian, etc.
>>
>>52908774
This is literally just "white people shouldn't lead equality efforts"

Which is true
>>
>>52917180
Wow, that's incredibly racist and problematic of you.
>>
>>52917235
Yeah, it is.

Most sjw fucks are actually white people who are trying to get brownie points by """" helping'""" black people and feeling good about themselves.

Its not actually helping and makes us look weak.
>>
It's just very funny how all those "anti-racism" people are the most racist of them all.
I myself consider myself a true non-racist - because I simply do not give a SHIT.
I'll make jokes about jews, dindus, rajeets, Chingchongs, but also Hillbilly Bill with his mullet.
However, if it comes to actual people, I do not judge by skin color at all. I simply don't see it as either a good or a bad thing.
>>
>>52910612
One thing about this is that those "Black Names" they cite, like Lakisha and Jamal, in America, are typically only given to lower-class black people.
An intelligent, sensible black parent will give their kid a neutral, american name.
Thus, even just by the name, a framework of the social circumstances and behaviour is constructed.
I have no idea what stereotypical low-intelligence white american names there are, but for example, for Germany, names like this are less likely to get hired:

Jeremy-Pascal, Chantal

Names like these are identified with leftists / a leftist family:

Malte, Sören

Names like these are identified with very conservative people:

Hansjörg, Jörg, Horst, Bernd

A name is not just portraying your race, it's also portraying how your parents probably raised you.
>>
>>52911742
>WAAAH! MOMMY, Unlike PHP, git doesn't just silently do the wrong thing! Waah! Mommymommy I want to be gud at programming but evil software forces me to resolve conflicts! WAH! WAH!
>>
>>52917599
>because I simply do not give a SHIT.
Why you don't care about brown people?
>>
>there are people who dont run their own git servers
>>
File: zUwqrhM.png (513 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zUwqrhM.png
513 KB, 1280x720
>it's a /pol/ thread
>>
>>52910841
Are you retarded?
cp /some/file ./
git add -A
git commit
>>
>>>/pol/

I'd like the /pol/ cesspool to stop leaking into /g/
>>
>>52908662
>asking linus to tell github to stop using git in their name
>>muh white genocide
>>anti-racism is racism!!!1
kys
>>
File: backtoreddit.jpg (202 KB, 717x880) Image search: [Google]
backtoreddit.jpg
202 KB, 717x880
>All these redditors moaning about /pol/ when people are saying "no" to this crap

For crying out loud... This board has always been very hostile towards morons pushing the "diversity is a perfectly valid excuse for racism, sexism and nepotism"-agenda. We don't give a shit about your race, gender, religion, nationality or your sexual preference as long as you don't try to tout it as a reason why people should have to roll out the red carpet for you. All we care about it your ability to do the job and do it well. If you're incompetent then you're incompetent no matter if you're white, brown, black or green.

Don't like it? Then take the advice from picture related.
>>
>>52918589
>Linus creates a system for version control in software development and names it
>Company creates a service around said standard and names their company after the standard making it look like they came up with the whole standard rather than Linus
I'd say Linus would be well within his rights to tell GitHub to stop using the name of the system he created in their name.

Also
>RACISM AND SEXISM IS TOTALLY FINE IF I DO IT!!!! IF ANYONE ELSE DARES TO DO IT THEN REEEE!!!!
Thread replies: 187
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.