[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Police 'ponder eagles to tackle drones' - http://w
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 13
File: Screenshot_2016-02-08-12-00-54.png (969 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-02-08-12-00-54.png
969 KB, 1440x2560
Police 'ponder eagles to tackle drones' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35519470

I feel sorry for the eagle that tries going after my 300kv 10s quad with 14x6 fiberglass blades
>>
>>52866288
they'll just use an endangered species and blame you when it gets turned into a pulp
>>
>>52866288
Won't happen.

METpolice plan loads of stupid shit. Nothing ever comes of it.
>>
>>52866328
Lol
>>
>>52866288
>drone vs eagle dogfights
future can't come soon enough
>>
>>52866523
>drone combat becomes commonplace
>the skies are filled with the sounds of smashing plastic and metal, swarming like bees
it's a losing battle and governments know it
>>
>>52866288
If an eagle is injured there will be hell to pay.
>>
>>52866598
mark my fucking words
>>
>>52866288
You'll feel sorry once a carbon-fiber armored giant eagle will come for your puny ass once done with your shitty robot.
>>
>>52866328
Not like they're using bald Eagles. There are a tonne of different species of eagle, not all of them are endangered, some of them are even pests
>>
>humans turn to robots to make things convenient
>humans turn to animals to keep robots in check
lmao what is even happening in twenty sixteen

also armored eagles W H E N
>>
>>52866716
And how the fuck will you defend yourself when an armored eagle attacks you? That shit would be unstoppable.
>>
>>52866649
What if people start coming up with weaponized drones specifically made to duel birds? Think of like a flying morning star. You cant cover the whole bird in armor.
>>
>>52866747
>implying humans won't turn to robots yet again to defend against armored eagles
>implying the robots won't betray us and wage a global war against armored animals
>implying this won't be fun
>>
>>52866783
Government will engineer mutated 2ton eagles. Sheer freedom power.
>>
>>52866288
Is it that hard to make a directional jammer? Should be cheaper, more reliable and anyone can do it, not some crazy nutjob that gave up on life in permanent state of readiness. Been there done that, falconry is a lifestyle. Feeding time just happened? Great, eagle sits on its lazy ass. It's dark? Eagles don't fly in the dark. They won't take off, even if they see the target. They're in sleep mode. And forget about owls, there is one person in this world who has successfully made owls do something 'here and now' , as in hunt.
>>
>>52866288
We really need a webm of this takedown.
>>
File: drone.jpg (479 KB, 1080x810) Image search: [Google]
drone.jpg
479 KB, 1080x810
>>52866917
What's preventing a group of determined enthusiasts from building a similarly equipped battle drone?
>>
Why not just do the american thing and shoot them down?
>>
>we bruttish, we royalty, so we have to use eagles to stop the future
Grow up and fuck your seven seas.
>>
>>52867046
/k/ here

ballistic trajectory that's why

>handgun/rifle
to small of a projectile to accurately hit a target that can move extremely fast, potentially can hit farther away aircraft like a helicoptor

>shotgun
too much of a chance to engage other birds, other drones, or various other reasons such as the EPA going crazy and suing a LEO for "wrongful disposal of lead" (EPA is already trying to ban lead ammo, they love getting a boner over shit like this)

the only viable option is a net, and you could then still recover the drone for information, but that has a seriously impacted engagement range.
>>
>>52867003
Money, facilities, mechanical engineering skills, software developement skills, fuckloads of time.
>>
>>52867176
I'm a mechanical engineer with tons of expendable income and a machine shop I can use for free
>>
>>52867103
I use steel shot in my shotgun, sure it doesn't have the range but it is legally the only one allowed for waterfowl
>>
>>52867385
>machine shop

More like you need several factories to build prototypes of every part for r&d before starting with a definitive design.
>>
>>52867046
Because guns are controlled here in the UK. Note controlled. Not illegal.

So, unless you want several hundred Firearms officers in the street all pointing their guns at you. It's usually a good idea not to shoot a gun outside of a firing range.

As an example of how seriously police take discharging a firearm, I'll tell you of a small occurrence that happened in my town.

>Woman was in her garden seeing to rabbit or some shit
>Scummy family lives in house behind her
>Gardens are back to back
>Scummy kids have an air rifle
>Scummy kids decide it would one day be cool to shoot this woman
>In the head
>Pellet hits in forehead
>Knocks her on her arse
>She's dazed, makes her way indoors
>Phones emergency services
>"I've been shot"
>Within 5 minutes there are 200 Firearms bearing officers in the streets
>Downtown and highstreet are closed off
>Everyone kept inside
>2 Police helicopters
>Once woman regains senses and shock subsides they find out who shot her
>Scummy kids are arrested
>3 years in juvinal facility
>Further 2 years in prison once they are of age.

Police in the UK don't fuck around when it comes to guns. And unlike the police in the US, they're trained to a standard to where they can actually hit what they're aiming at. Not something down the street from their target.
>>
>>52867420
Can't be giving them fishes Lead Poisoning now can we m80
>>
>>52867501
Giving fishes lead poisoning gives fishermen lead poisoning
>>
>>52867485
i wish gun related crime was attacked as hard as they do it over there

>man steals multiple vehicles
>stole 85 firearms
>found them all but 5
>20 years probation, not a single day in jail

i'm a gun nut, but holy fuck, i swear its easier to get out of jail on a gun charge than a damn weed charge, that shit needs to change.
>>
>>52867525
That too.
Wasn't so much thinking of Fishermen, because I'm accustomed to seeing them throw the fish back in, they just fish for the "fun"
>>
>>52867176
What part of determined enthusiast did you not understand? Every hobby has its 'money no object' -people.
>>
>>52867551
I only throw about half back because so many invasive species in the south Carolina rivers
>>
>>52866288
Don't worry, Eagles have great eyesight and are really accurate.

They'll grab it right in the center where the blades don't reach and then use a tree to destroy the blades.
>>
>>52867003
Weight.

Once your drone gets large enough to fight off the eagle they just scramble a fighter jet to shoot it down instead.
>>
File: koolaid-good.png (108 KB, 294x294) Image search: [Google]
koolaid-good.png
108 KB, 294x294
>>52866288
Anon, did you know that the chemical that gives grape koolaid its flavor is like pepperspray but for birds? You can buy it in bulk quantities too.

Just thought you should know.
>>
>>52867590
My quad has 23kg of thrust at full throttle, it will not be taken down

My battery alone is 6kg, frame is 2kg
>>
>>52867650
Only 23kg of thrust?
RIP your quad.
>>
>>52867645
Lol

In our armored bird vs war drone wars purple rain will have a very different meaning
>>
>>52867634
How does a fighter jet shoot down a drone in urban area? Wouldn't that cause awful lot of havoc and collateral damage?
>>
>>52867666
Do you have any idea how much that is? My quad can carry a 12 pack of beer, how many eagles do you know that can do that?
>>
>>52867077
>>52867684
Purple rain? Don't you mean "when drones cry"?
>>
>>52867718
I don't think ''12 packs of beer'' is a proper way to measure strength of things. Googling how many six packs an eagle can carry doesn't very likely yield too manu results.
You Clapistanians always have these weird units for measurement, like X is Y amount of football fields long or could fit Z amount of Titanics inside.
>>
>>52867853
I built this drone for the hobby king beer lift

That's why I used that measure

Btw, the width of my quad is 750mm corner to corner not including the 14" propellers
>>
Ok so we need to make a bunch of dead cat quads
>>
>>52866917
Isn't that basically just planes?
>>
>>52868476
Dead cat?
>>
>>52868549
Can't trust planes. They might be drones in disguise
>>
>>52868551
It's a drone that is on the shape of what a cat would look like if you stretched is legs all the way to the side

So instead of a perfect square, imagine a elongated center (where the body would be
>>
File: orville2.jpg (47 KB, 1200x780) Image search: [Google]
orville2.jpg
47 KB, 1200x780
>>52868551
Yes deadcat
>>
>>52867853
lol'd top quality post
>>
>>52867103
I suck at aiming ftfy
>>
>>52867853
Btw I already gave the full thrust of my quad they normally say you can easily carry up to 80% of a quads full thrust in mild wind
>>
>>52867103
>of a chance to engage other birds, other drones
this guy exactly outside military airport, where birds gather cause of confusion caused by radars
>>
Here in the Netherlands they tested with birds who would catch the drone with nets.

Good luck flying with a net in your rotors.
>>
>>52869226
My drone has caged rotors
>>
Only real option is chaff when we get down to it.
>>
>in the future drones will be launched with packets of grape coolaid to protect them from police eagles

what a world
>>
Why not just use a tractor beam?
>>
>>52869427
Koolaid
>>
>>52869615
Because area 51 hasn't deemed it safe technology to release yet
>>
>>52869427
Can't wait!
>>
We Avatar now
>>
>>52870792
avatar is supposed to be a reference to indians vs settlers

who is in control of north and south america now?

avatar 2 will be implementing biological warfare over the navi

just watch

also our drones will defeat the eagles.

go suck gandalfs cock you eagle loving shit head
>>
File: This is internet.gif (485 KB, 499x376) Image search: [Google]
This is internet.gif
485 KB, 499x376
Truly, the future is beautiful
>>
>>52867693
It's the American Way®.
>>
>>52867003
Nothing, it's easy to buy a drone and attach a gun/bomb to it.
>>
File: simpsons bart13.jpg (7 KB, 177x133) Image search: [Google]
simpsons bart13.jpg
7 KB, 177x133
>>52866288
clearly the eagles will have laser beams attached to their heads
>>
>>52871571
>implying they would be able to spot me with the haze of grape koolaid I would leave as a trail wherever I went
>>
>design eagle baiting drone
>cheap parts
>simple control system
>designed to fly as high as it can and in a random bearing
>detect eagle
>explode on eagle detection
>launch baitbot every time the police buy a new eagle

and then this depends on your police department:
>invest in the local eagle manufacturing company for big bux as they constantly replace them
or
>they will stop the eagle programme
either way you win
>>
>>52871592
btw in case you dont get the reference

see
>>52867645
>>
Couldn't you just like, use an airsoft rifle or pellet gun of some sort.

Some kind of hard plastic traveling at ass-fuck speed to fuck the blades up and cause the thing to crash.
>>
>>52866288
Why not use hunter drones?
>>
Police killed Ian

#DevLivesMatter
#JusticeForIan
#SendThePigsToTheSlaughter
>>
>>52871693
>shooting a spinning drone blade from 200 yards below it with an airsoft pellet
are you tom cruise by chance?
>>
>>52871693
the blades are normally made of carbon fiber or fiberglass and are designed to survive crashes. also most quads are designed to be able to run with just 3 props
>>
>>52871693
Parabolic arc + shooting a moving target + In the air, you're asking a lot.

But should you be good enough with an Air Rifle as to hit a drone in the air, while moving at speed, then comes the question of sufficient damage to bring it down. Best bet would be to hit the "hull" of the drone, trying to hit a PCB, the energy of the pellet should be enough to do some damage and kill the PCB.
>>
>>52867485
>britbong
>guy asks why police can't shoot down a dangerous drone
>britbong uses this to jerk his e-peen to how his gun control is better than american gun control
Also, you don't need years of training to shoot a nignog with a pistol for. 20 feet
>>
>>52871782
you underestimate the strength of fiberglass reinforced pcbs

also on skeletal models the pcb is on the top of the drone, meaning you would just be hitting the battery shield or the camera if it has a gimbal
>>
>>52871804
anyone who thinks "shooting with a gun" is an option has never taken a gun safety course
>>
>>52871831
I don't think I said that.
But maybe I'm retarded
>>
>>52866662

All birds in the UK are "protected". Yes, even pigeons and seagulls.
>>
>>52867485

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehzq9OdE2w0
>>
>>52871876
Then how can you get chicken?
>>
>>52871782
It is entirely possible to shoot a bird, why would uavs be different?
>>
>>52871900
chickens arent classified as birds in the UK

isnt it obvious? they share such similarities with chavs that they had to reclassify them
>>
>>52871904
illegal to shoot rifles or handguns in the US in the air, pretty sure same goes for UK

so unless you outfit every cop with a shotgun its not gonna be too good

also shooting a shotgun in the air in a city is really fucking stupid
>>
>>52871900

Sorry, I meant to qualify that with "wild birds". Obviously there are birds bread for consumption.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/forprofessionals/policy/wildbirdslaw/
>>
>>52871916
Why not reclassify chaos as birds? They're very flighty
God I'm hoping I know what chav means
>>
File: group_chavs[1].jpg (94 KB, 443x284) Image search: [Google]
group_chavs[1].jpg
94 KB, 443x284
>>52871975
a chav is a young white trash brit
pic related
>>
>>52872013
Thanks. I looked at wikipedia but it was written in some language only /sci/ would understand
>>
>>52871804
He asked why they don't shoot them down. I answered with the obvious answer of gun control laws.
Which usually results in a dick waving contest over "Muh freedoms" reaching in nothing more than storm of shitposts.

Also the story sort of points out one problem any police force has, and that's discharge of firearms in a residential area. It's not so much a matter of not being able to hit the drone, but more so collateral damage.

>Also, you don't need years of training to shoot a nignog with a pistol for. 20 feet
Not necessarily, but the training does wean out the idiots too stupid or useless with a gun to be trusted with one.
The "Training" is also more so just a firearms safety course, which I believe are available in the US? Or something comparable at the least. So I'm sure you understand the concept and use of it.
With such strict gun control here in the UK, the police forces have to be sure that those entrusted with a gun are trained to a suitable degree to reduce any risk of collateral damage.
Hell, very rarely do Firearms Police even fire a shot outside of a firing range, they're more of a Tour De Force to control the situation.

How about another story from my town?
>Kids are bored
>They decide it will be fun to break into a shop
>They chose a PC shop
>Break in and smash up literally everything
>Police are called for a noise disturbance coming from the shop
>Kids are gone before they get there
>Later that night police get another phone call
>"If you come near this building, we'll blow up the gas main"
Now, let me say that we have a gas refinery that produces 30% of Europe's Gas near my town. So a gas main exploding could cause some problems.
>90 or so firearms police called to address
>Guns bared
>Police helicopter back again
>Threat is called into British Gas
>shutdowns gas to the town.
>Firearms units storm the building
>Kids are now in prison
>One was out on bail because daddy is a deep pocketed landlord.
>>
>>52871808
Not so much underestimating the stength, just taking into account the damage a semi-conductive metal being forced into a PCB at several hundred feet per second could have on a circuit's operation.
>>
>>52872055
they laminate pcbs for a reason, not gonna be able to hit the pcbs in the first place
>>
>>52872117
meant to say "also not gonna...."
>>
>>52871635
Why not just dress up your drone as a sexy hot she-eagles to seduce the police eagles? Then take compromising pictures and send them anonymously to the police. Watch and revel as the eagle is pulled into custody for questioning and gets sent to Guano Bay.
>>
>>52872117
We're not talking AirSoft here now.
AirRifles are considerably more powerful. Enough to cause sufficient damage to a PCB I'm willing to wager.
Hitting it is the only thing in the way of actually doing damage to it.
>>
>>52867718
Eagles can kill rams by carrying them a small distance an throwing them off a cliff.
>>
>>52872205
see
>>52871808
lamination protects the pcb incase of scrapes (such as ricochet bbs/pellets) but they wouldnt be able to get a direct hit because the pcb is on the top of the drone

they will just be able to hit the camera (not the fpv camera) or the battery shield (or if the flyer is living dangerously the battery, which in that case the cop will need to explain why they sent a flying burning lithium battery bomb into some neighbors house)
>>
>>52872041
This seems like a more appropriate, if less necessary based on the target, response. Nevertheless, I agree.
Do you have any other stories like this.
>>
>>52872284
have fun throwing drones off a cliff
>no one mentions spiky poison armors for the drones
>>
>>52872372
Don't need to, just throw them into a tree.
>>
>>52872284
my 14" fiberglass props run at 11,000 rpm with a total power of 2800W (and I have 4 of them), if a eagle goes for my drone, its taking the eagle out easily
>>
>>52872392
Why not just build bigger hunter drones with robotic eagle feet?
>>
>>52872436
the solution was already given to us with:

>>52867645
>>
>>52871975
Council
House
Association
Vermin

Freeloading, welfare collecting degenerates with an attitude problem.
Add chav to any neighbourhood to make it worse.
>>
>modify taser
>tase drones
Is this possible?
>>
>>52872668
not really, the frames tend to be electrically insulated from the electrical components

not to mention it is kinda hard to tase something a mile up in the air
>>
>>52872668
Yes. The technology is already employed around the world in several somewhat recent, successful military test designs.
A Boeing 747 is capable of carrying a nose mounted laser strong enough to destroy cars from its cruising height, as one fine example.
>>
>>52872668
Ooops, thought you said laser, not taser. My bad.
>>
>tfw this is how my falcon died when I went to the theater to go see hail Caesar
>>
>>52872692
Do rec drones even go that high? Most can't, and any that can is bound by regulation not to (though that doesn't really matter here)
>>52872719
>>52872736
Remind me, do they sell 1KW lasers?
>>
>>52872768
Not in the US/EU, but go to Asia and yes.
>>
>>52872322
>Couple having an argument in the street
>Someone blasts an airhorn down a VooVooZella out their window
Funniest fucking noise ever I swear to god.
>Couple turn their attention to airhorn dude
>Airhorn dude laughs at them from the window
>Police are called due to noise
>couple are sent into their home
>Airhorn dude is given a sneaky thumbs up from the policeman.
>Next day
>Airhorn dude is leaving for work
>Couple are out there waiting for him
>Stab him multiple times in the back
>Someone sees and calls ambulance and police
Police hear "Multiple stab wounds" and assume the victim to be dead, so they show up ready to deal with murder.
>Emergency medic arrives literally seconds after the police do, which was only maybe 20 seconds after the call was made as the police station is only around the corner
>4 vans
>Packed with firearms units
>Easily 30-40
>Couple have ran to their house
>Shield barers have tazers in their free hand
>Door is knocked down
>Within the blink of an eye, the street is empty save for a roadblock either side
>Hear screams over the shouts of the officers
>Woman runs out of the house
>Gets tazed
Now, I'd never seen someone be tazed before, but watching this from my window was certainly an experience.
>Couple are arrested
>Airhorn dude lived after spending 4 months in Intensive Care.
>Upon leaving the hospital he was handed his trusty VooVooZella by ThumbUpCop

I realise these stories are getting less and less amusing, something that can't really be helped.
>>
>>52872827
10/10
Fucking can't believe he got stabbed just for that. Fucking insane.
I hope those fuckers get stabbed in prison themselves.
>>
>>52872827
>>Someone blasts an airhorn down a VooVooZella out their window
Fuck, now I have to do this
>>
>>52872827
I want one now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6ES0vFII9A
>>
>>52872768
yes, the XK x380 can go much higher than that

also anyone with a decent radio can go that high

(additionally most drones, even rec drones DO NOT have a hard cap on height, just a legal cap in the US of 400 ft)

also any drone that has waypoint control can go as far as their battery will allow them (in the case of mine I can get mine about 2 miles up before the air becomes thin enough to start eating through my batteries quick, and when only at 400 feet I can get out about 6 miles and back, though my fpv only works about 2 miles out and my radio only works about 3 miles out
>>
>>52866288
This MAY work for all drones, but if you're putting an eagle against anything bigger than a rickety ass parrot AR, things will go very wrong very fast.

>eagle tries to grab drone
>gets hit by rotor
>eagle is kill (or at the very least severely injured)
>animal rights activists cause a shitstorm

I don't even know who the hell came up with that idea. Who would even consider trying using a fucking eagle to grab a quickly moving object that can likely outmaneuver an eagle, and that has at least 4 spinning blades sticking out of it?
I mean this might work for a very limited time, for the more harmless cases like teens flying their toy crap around, but all it would take to render this idea completely useless is to put a bunch of spikes on top of your drone.
>>
Create combat drones, shoot down suspicious drones with lasers, people get a free laser show.

There, keep your eagles.
>>
>>52873003
the article says netherlands came up with it, so most likely a stoner
>>
This one was told to me by an Army buddy.
Not so much Police related, but still amusing.

>Have an Army Tank Firing Range maybe 20-30 miles away
>Also have multiple gypsy camps near my town
>One Gypsy camp is dangerously close to the range
>One day there is a joint operation exercise going on
>This means Chally 2's firing from the hill, with infantry rushing forward, while mortars send those giant ass flares into the sky that turn midnight into midday for 100 miles around. Also the occasional low flying helicopter.
Now, I'd like to mention at this point that these gypsies have a taste for cocaine. And whiskey. These tend not to mix well.
>Gypsies think they're under attack or something
>Campsite goes dark
>No lights
>Save for the giant ass flare in the fucking sky
>There is a lull in the firing while new instructions are given out
>Next thing you know instructor is screaming into the radio
>Everyone looks downrange to see what the commotion is
>A wild pack of stark-bollock-naked gypsies running towards the tanks with Tire-Iron's in their hands
>Everyone stares
>Noone knows what to do
>Ask instructor for instructions
>"Close the hatches and back up, try not to crush any of the silly cunts"
>Chally's backing away as ordered
>Gypsies reach the top of the hill
>They cheer as they think they've just won a war
>The sight is comparable only to Meatspin
>Infantry Trot up to them
>Gypsies charge
>Infantry don't know what to do
>"Just back away from them..We're figuring something out"
>Infantry back away
>Cheering recommences
>A few minutes pass
>Suddenly one of the gypsies assume the fetal position and cry out in agony
>when he is helped up his crotch is Ferrari Red
>From the shrub row comes a dozen or of the infantry with PaintBall guns
>Gypsies are pelted with every colour imaginable
>They retreat to the campsite
>Painball Brigade advance
>At the end of the shouting, and explosions from Paint-grenades, every gypsy and caravan is covered in paint
>Gypsies moved away
>>
>>52873110
Oh god, 9/11. The only thing which would've made it 20/20 would've been using real bullets.
>>
anyone who thinks this is a good idea has only ever seen those shitty parrot mass produced quads

home made drones tend to be either in the racing range (VERY fast drones like video one) or giant very powerful very stable drones built for carrying cameras that would eviscerate a bird (like video 2)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTEK2Xwy2gg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVwt7oWC5fc

(BTW the 47kg lift was a loser, the winner was able to lift 93kg)
>>
>>52873216
>The only thing which would've made it 20/20 would've been using real bullets
It would be an effective means of removing the filth from the country. But sadly they have rights, despite only just being "human"
>>
>>52873228
>the winner was able to lift 93kg
Jesus. That's enough to lift me. And then some.
>>
>>52873237
Don't worry, I'll be voting for us to exit after Cameron completely fucking up and taking the EU cock further and further up his ass; so as long as we leave, we might some day be able to have our own purge.
>>
>>52873228
oh, I seem to have linked something from a previous year, not the most recent year

here is the winner from this year (93kg)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQZh_Zc9NEg
>>
>>52873257
Have the EU ever really demanded anything of the UK beyond switching to the Euro?
>>
>>52873252
and now realize that the british police think they can take it down with an eagle that can barely handle one of those parrot drones
>>
>>52871635
>Spending all that time, money, and effort to destroy police animals, especially cool hawks

Something tells me that the public will not be eager to defend you.
>>
>>52873301
I've yet to witness one of those drones in person, so it's honestly hard to say just what kind of drones the police expect to target. I can only assume they're going after the supermarket quadcopters as opposed to the custom build bohemoths that we see in this thread.
>>
>>52873286
A whoooooooooole bunch of things, yes.
They want complete control over us; how many immigrants we take, how much money we give them in benefits, how straight or bendy a banana can be before it can't be sold commercially, human rights stuff regarding terrorists...
They WANT us to join the Euro, but we always said no to that. They could never force us into that, thankfully.
But yeah, they now want even more and more and more since we're complaining about how few rights and little power we have.

It's simply not worth being in the EU any longer. We joined, as a nation, to get the benefit of a free trading market. However, its become an absolute shit-show of handouts and tyrants.
>>
File: 14315645_779b_625x1000.jpg (95 KB, 624x813) Image search: [Google]
14315645_779b_625x1000.jpg
95 KB, 624x813
Where them drones at?
>>
>>52873336
I find it insulting just how long the EuroZone has lasted, the damned thing was set up was a temporary measure while the European economy recovered after WW2..
Now it's just degenerated into giving Greece money every couple of years.

Losing the trade benefits would be a big hit though.
Ever tried to buy in a bottle of booze from the US?
I paid £100 for a bottle of fucking Bailey's Caramel as a christmas gift for the mother..
>>
File: nOVj9Fz.png (346 KB, 800x776) Image search: [Google]
nOVj9Fz.png
346 KB, 800x776
>>52873336
Consider an alternative viewpoint.

Some /b/tard decides to build such a drone, and use it for criminal mischief. Assaulting someone with paintballs? Throwing rocks through windows? Dropping bricks on cars?

What should your local police department do to be ready for this?
>>
>>52873411
>What should your local police department do to be ready for this?
Drone License most likely. With each drone having a wireless transmitter letting off their ID and location.
>>
>>52873411
That image is pure genius.
I must replicate such an item.
>>
>>52873400
Germany and one of the other big export countries (forgotten which now) have already turned around and said that if the UK was to leave the EU, they would happily keep trading with us at a 0% tax rate as long as it was mutual.
That's the thing; the countries that matter? We can force them to either accept a 0% tax rate for import/export when dealing with us or tell them to fuck off entirely.
There WOULD be ways around it. There WOULD be people willing to do it - even if it wasn't 0% in the end but 0.1% perhaps - it WOULD happen.
>>
>>52873286
that was more than enough of a demand

fucking german faggots
>>
>I feel sorry for the eagle that tries going after my 300kv 10s quad with 14x6 fiberglass blades

Yeah imagine the eagle getting hurt and then you being charged with assaulting a police officer or some shit like that.
>>
>>52873486
>it WOULD happen.
Here's hoping.

Speaking of hoping. Would love some law enforcement in Calais. Stop those muslim shitskins pulling people out of their cars and raping them and shit.
Hell, maybe even make a little tunnel for them, and at the other end, someone with a machine gun, and a lot of ammo.
>>
>>52866598

That is exactly why it won't happen.

Drone blades don't feel good, and they could really cut up a bird.
>>
>>52873445
almost anyone can build their own drone without an id, meaning it would only end up regulating the brand name drones while the custom ones would be immortal
>>
>>52873273
You would imagine so many high thrust props in close proximity would cause some serious stability issues.
>>
>>52873526
>Hey, remember loser Anon from MECH II?
>apparently he's in jail, his drone decapitated a police eagle
>what a fucking idiot

Seriously.
1) It's a national animal
2) People actually like it
3) They look cool as hell

Not only would you lose in court, but the DailyMail retards would be screaming for your blood on Facebook and their chav circles.
>>
>>52873606
nope, opposite, more high thrust props=more stability, thats why the camera mount ones tend to be hex or octo
>>
>>52873616
more like the outrage over the police training eagles to kamakazi kill themselves when attacking drones
>>
>>52873633
Oh no, I don't question the number in relation to stability, that I somewhat understand.
My concern is more towards the air currents around a prop interfering with the others when in such close proximity. As I understand, this was quite an issue when designing some WW2 bombers, which is what brought it to mind when watching that clip.
>>
>>52873653
>The video evidence demonstrates unconscionable behavior with respect to a police animal, namely refusal to descend and comply with drone regulations.

>>52873664
Plane engines are mechanical, so they operate with a few different rules. Electric motors have an incredible response time in comparison.
>>
>>52873653
>symbol of america
>guarding the skies against terrorists
if anything people will be saying that MORE eagles should be trained
anyone who says otherwise will be labelled a lib-tard
>git those A-rabs and moo-slims out of 'merica!
>>
>>52873469
crumbs would just get stuck in the tube
>>
>>52873708
I'm more concerned with bird shit on the cutting board/
>>
>>52873708
Shake the tube perhaps?
Still easier than cleaning crumbs off the kitchen counter.
>>
>>52873664
the reason quads are so popular within the last couple years is because of advances in PID control

basically the motors are all controlled individually to make it very stable, so if too much thrust worstened stability it would reduce thrust on its own on the motors that are angled up and increase thrust on the ones angled down
>>
File: dronefight.jpg (445 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dronefight.jpg
445 KB, 1280x720
>>
>>52873759
>>52873694

How do these technologies compensate for the shaking of a prop due to interference from other props?
I can understand the balancing of thrust to maintain stability. But I'm confused more so about the effects of turbulence on counter-rotating props. I realise I'm probably just not understanding what is being said, and are being an annoyance, I'm even annoying myself at this point.
>>
>>52873842
PhDs aren't developed in a day. Never feel bad about the state of your progress if you're working on progressing.

If props are receiving turbulence from other props, that's more a design flaw than anything else. Really, the biggest problems are the clouds of turblent air generated during takeoff - the easiest solution is just to zoom on up and reach some clear air.
>>
>>52873938
>If props are receiving turbulence from other props, that's more a design flaw than anything else
And this would be corrected how?
Obviously increasing the distance between the blades or providing some sort of shielding from other props.

What other ways could you correct it?
Bite of the blade?
>>
>>52873842
the selection of the propellars is what determines whether you get eddy currents or not

and basically each individual motor is controlled on its own

take this

1 A 2
B O C
3 D 4
#'s are props

if P1 and P4 are interfering with P2 and P3, an eddy current is forming at point A and D
this eddy current forces Prop P2 and P3 to have a slight updraft in the opposite direction of the motors
the slight updraft causes P2 and P3 to have a slight wobble
the gyroscope first notices a dip at P2 and a raise of P3 so it increases the speed of P2 and reduces P3, it then notices the dip of P3, so it increases P3, so P1 and P4 are going at 1x speed and P2 and P3 are going at 1.2x speed (or whatever)

watch this video:
https://youtu.be/vxoQaaI3-7A?t=7m41s

watch how each prop has a different speed, and how the speeds vary continuously based off of angle
>>
>>52874199
sorry should have pressed enter a couple times on the last line
>>
>>52871959
>bread for consumption
lol
>>
>>52867853
>You Clapistanians always have these weird units for measurement, like X is Y amount of football fields long or could fit Z amount of Titanics inside.
top fucking kek

American here and I agree it's retarded when people talk this way.
>>
>>52874318
see
>>52868321
>>
File: DYRL.gif (2 MB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
DYRL.gif
2 MB, 500x250
>/m/ anons equip drones with a ton of fireworks
>eagle now has to escape the Itano Circus.
Alternatively, they blast pop at the eagles through mounted speakers
>>
File: 20160209_005549.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
20160209_005549.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
id like to see an eagle take down anything i own, the EDF jet and the 450 sized quadcopter possibly, but everything else is either deadly to everything, including people, too small to catch or just too fast

Not like this is even a problem in the UK, its mostly idiot americans treating them as toy cameras, disabling the geo fencing and flying in places they are not supposed too
>>
>>52874522
you could always sharpen the blades so that they are like blades and when the bird gets close it gets sliced up and falls to the ground along with the drone
>>
>>52874604
sharpening prop blades make them very loud
>>
>>52874604
1. Sharpening the blades is not only illegal, but ill lose my flying insurance and any chance of flying commercially.
2. You dont need to sharpen them, there isnt much that will stop 2 and a half foot carbon fiber helicopter blade spinning at 2000rpm, or a nylon plastic prop spinning at >30k rpm
>>
>>52874522
>complains about americans
>story is literally about european shits doing stupid things
>>
>>52874684
>Not like this is even a problem in the UK, its mostly idiot americans treating them as toy cameras, disabling the geo fencing and flying in places they are not supposed too
>Not like this is even a problem in the UK, its mostly idiot americans
> its mostly idiot americans
>mostly

i never said Europeans didnt do dumb shit, but the majority is Americans
>>
>>52874729
but the story is LITERALLY about people in the UK doing stupid shit. this dumb fucking retarded idea has NOTHING TO DO with americans
>>
>>52874744
I'm not on about that one article that's been circulating the internet for weeks on end, but i guess your tiny brain is only capable on focusing on one thing at a time.
>>
>>52874790
then why are you even talking about fucking retarded eagles? unless you are painless360 you are just some limey cunt who either flies in his 10 square foot 'backyard' or in a designated cctv controlled sheep herding area
>>
>>52874807
jesus christ how simple minded can someone be
>>
>>52874820
you are proving the answer to be "very"
>>
>>52866288
Why not fight drones with drones like normal people?
>>
File: NoNLfeB.png (781 KB, 824x766) Image search: [Google]
NoNLfeB.png
781 KB, 824x766
Some /b/tard decides to build such a drone, and use it for criminal mischief. Assaulting your house and family with paintballs. Throwing rocks through windows. Dropping bricks on your car/bike.

What should your local police department do to be ready for this?
>>
>>52874901
by employing mercenary drone enthusiasts
>>
fucking cool thread
pity it died
>>
>>52872426
This cocky attitude is exactly why people hate 90% of hobbyist drone "pilots," going off the deep end at the slightest thought of your drone possibly being 2nd to something else.

>"MY DRONE IS SO POWERFUL LOOK AT ME EVERYONE."

Calm down, turbo nobody is attacking you.
>>
>>52877063
FUCK YOU SHIT HEAD MY DRONE CAN DECAPITATE YOU AND YOUR MOM
>>
The entire article is sensationalist bullshit.

Eagles and hawks have been used to hunt since forever and intentionally loosing one on a fucking drone is animal abuse, the potential for injury is far far too high.
>>
>>52877151
At least until the arms race starts.
>>
>>52877175
Nobody is going to spend like 2 years training a bird just to watch it get its foot lopped off trying to take out a drone unless they are absolutely retarded like the trainer in the video.
>>
>>52866328
Don't forget that it's legally an police officer.

Way to go police murderer.
>>
>>52866288
>tfw local police have an SUV that drives around intercepting SMS messages
They call it the Armadillo
>>
>>52877201
Yeah, that's almost as retarded as a person coming onto an anonymous imageboard, that prides itself on its anonymity and hivemind mentality, and using a marker that removes your anonymity in an attempt to be a special little snowflake. I mean that would just be completely ass backward retarded.
>>
>>52877357
That's nothing, the U.S.marshals mount dirty boxes on small planes and illegally tap into thousands of individuals cellphone data in an attempt to find just a handful of individuals
>>
>>52871536
holy fuck why haven't I heard of some crazy person/terrorist attaching a bomb to a drone yet?

>Your subscription to the FBI watch list has been confirmed
>>
>>52877407
It's so fucking simple.

But this is why they are training eagles.
>>
>>52877406
>>52877357
See
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dirtbox_(cell_phone)
Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.