[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Macfags of /g/ How did you become a macfag? for me it started
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 35
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (783 KB, 3220x2326) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
783 KB, 3220x2326
Macfags of /g/

How did you become a macfag?

for me it started innocently enough with a 2nd gen iPod.

>buy iPod when they become windows compatible
>use it for several years without a single problem
>have several PC's in that time that have a fuck ton of problems
>2007 rolls around
>fall for the smartphone meme early
>buy an iPhone
>never has a single problem
>upgrade to a 3gs a few years later
>no problems
>start having more and more problems with windows based machines
>figure out how to fix said problems and just live with it
>a few more years pass
>upgrade to an iPhone 5
>again, no problems at all
>continue fixing constant windows problems
>move forward to last year
>buy iPhone 6
>a few months later windows 10 drops
>it completely fucking ruins my computer and is a complete botnet
>fix the issues
>realize i've never had an issue with an apple product
>ditch my PC
>buy a macbook pro
>also have an apple watch
>have been watching a shit ton of shit about apple
>have become a complete macfag
>hate myself for it
>>
Nice blog, 8/10
>>
>First day as PhD student
>Supervisor tell me they will order a laptop for me, asks me if I have any preferences
>I say "No, not really"
>Supervisor say "okay, I really recommend the new MBP with loads of RAM and a quick SSD, would you like one of those?"
>"Okay"

And that's how I became a Macfag.
>>
>fed up with windows/android
>use linux on desktop
>use macbook for laptop

feels good
>>
Got started with video editing many years ago and Macs/Final Cut were hot shit for that. They've gone downhill since then, so I'm seriously considering switching to a Wangblows workstation.
I've been running a Windows 10 Enterprise VM for a few months now to get used to it and figure out how to tailor stuff to my liking, and I think I should be set now. It's honestly not that bad with some add-ons.
I still plan on staying with Apple for their mobile tech.
>>
ever since iOS 7 came
absolutely beautiful UI design
>>
>>52849854
I'm borderline. I've never bought a Mac product firsthand and I've never owned an actual Mac, only Hackintosh. Had iPhone 4, went to nexus 5, on that now. Have a airport mini express, that shit is cash for travel. Had iPod touch , used as phone before iPhone 4. All bought at a bargain.
>>
>>52849854
I used to be a hardcore macfag up until they switched to Intel CPUs. At that time I started to flirt with Windows (XP I think, good stuff).

I've always had a Linux nearby, and now that it has matured to the point of being usable as my main OS, I only use macs at work because I'm forced to.

They're pretty shit compared to what they used to be (in the context of that time).
>>
>>52850183
no man trust me. I know fcx sucks, but try premiere and stick with Mac. Transcode or shoot to prores 422 and OSX is great for video editing. Nothing beats quick view. Sucks they killed support for anything other than h.264 mp4s and 422
>>
simple, android is fucking garbage and i dont enjoy google forcing pig ugly designs on people and ditching support for phones ASAP

and as for windows, well

>windows
>>
Found my first iPod Touch (2nd gen) on the ground. Didn't hear of Apple until then. Got a Mac about a year and half since, been a straight Windows guy since. Honestly it was confusing as fuck at first, and I was really frustrated. But then i learned how to use it, and now i'm so happy i'm a Macfag because i got into a lot of pro audio and video stuff, and most of the software works a shit load better on the Mac. Native CoreAudio is a godsend, i find it more stable, and despite it's cost i would have to say you're paying for quality. They don't break down often, and when they do Apple store will fix it for you right away.

Still have Windows installed on another HD though, and i dual boot every now and then.

Pic related, my home studio machine
>>
>>52850359

fuck, meant to say been a straight Windows guy BEFORE
>>
Ignoring the general Apple hate on this sub, Mac's are really good. Lightweight, good build quality, excellent software, which is basically maintained Linux, awesome battery life and less botnet than Windows 10. It's true that Apple use planned obsolescence, have high prices for what laptops offer and you are tied heavily to their ecosystem. But still, Mac's are pretty nice and useful.
>>
>>52850300

Fuck yes Apple ProRes. But there is actually a backwards ass way you can have it on Windows too. But it's just nice how it's native on the Mac.
>>
Had macs at school, the difference between OSX and XP was day and night back then.
>>
>>52849854
tl;dr i sucked a man's dick, and now i like apple.
>>
>>52850404
>It's true that Apple use planned obsolescence
You and I have a different concept of "truth" anon. Unless they've explicitly stated that they do, or someone has actually proved it, you can't claim that "it is true".
>>
>>52850437

Still is. in audio world, we have one guy on Windows, and he constantly needs drivers, or the midi driver is not working, and in general fucking problems all the time.

But i realize that's a rather specific niche.

Also, can we take a moment and talk about the Apple trackpad? Nothing out there comes to close to be considered competition.
>>
An older man from the neighborhood introduced me to it when i was very young. At first i was scared but he was gentle. Now i can fit an apple mouse in my rectum.
>>
>>52850479
>Also, can we take a moment and talk about the Apple trackpad? Nothing out there comes to close to be considered competition.
It's really, really nice, but it also makes most of the UI features highly dependent on it (because it is so good it is used for everything).

I miss a good key binding scheme.
>>
>>52850464
I have the subjective opinion that.... sounds better?
>>
>>52850520
Yes
>>
My parents got me an iBook G4 for Christmas in 2005, because I had spent months reading up on OS X and really wanted to try it out. Been a fulltime Mac user ever since.

Oddly enough I never owned an iPod. My first MP3 player was a Rio PMP300 in 1999 (which I only used for a few months, since it only held about 8 songs at a time -- I was better off swapping CDs) and I later got a Creative Jukebox Zen in 2004, which I used regularly until I got my first iPhone in 2009.
>>
>>52849854
My chinkpad died and I needed a new computer quickly for school, friend who had been a Winfag his whole life swore I should get a Mac. He was right, I don't regret the purchase at all.

I wouldn't call myself a Macfag though, I also have a Windows 10 computer that I use daily.
>>
Similar to this guy >>52850293
Except I've almost never used Windows outside of work. Eventually I realized just how unremarkable OS X really was and went full Linuxtard. Linux is amazing when you find the right distro.
>>
>>52850674
>>52850689
>>52850704
>>52850725
>>52850739
>>52850759
>stop posting about things I can't afford!
>>
>>52850674
>>52850689
>>52850704
>>52850725
>>52850739
>>52850759
>I AM A HUGE FAGGOT PLEASE RAPE MY FACE
>>
>>52849854
I bought the used Macbook Pro from a friend about 6 years ago and it was better than any Windows laptop I've used up to that point.
>>
Where do mactards and itoddler subhumans get the impression they're welcome much less belong on a technology board?
>>
>>52850847
Windows is shit, get over it 
>>
>>52850847
Where do Wintards and gaymen manchildren get the impression they're welcome much less belong on a technology board?
>>
I don't know if I'll ever get another Mac but I've had a reasonably good experience with mine.

I'd probably buy a Surface Book if it wasn't so fucking expensive.
>>
I like good products.
>>
>put ipod up the ass
>feels good
>when ipod touch came out
>put it up the ass
>feels even better
>bought ipad mini
>put it up the ass
>feels awesome
>slowly work my way up
>ipad
>ipad pro
>macbook
>macbook pro
>imac
>>
>>52852013
>iMac up the ass

Yooooooooo
>>
>>52849854
I used to use (and still have) an iMac (mid-2007).
I used to also use an iPhone 4 and 5s.

They were great, but now I use an s6 edge (yes I fell for the edge meme) and xubuntu
>inb4 n00buntu
As long as I can get work done on it, I don't really care.

Mac was too limited for me. It looks nice, feels finished, no noticeable bugs, and just werked.
But I don't exactly like how limited I was to doing anything I wanted (ex. emulators, basic applications, etc.). It might be because the iMac I own only has 1gb of ram that made me dislike it.

iOS is easy to use, fast, and efficient. But, again, too limited for my uses.

Android sucks too, but there's nothing really that much better.

Hopefully in the future, someone will make a non-crappy phone OS that does not have major flaws.
>>
>>52849854
>used Linux for a few years
>pick up an iMac G3 running OS X 10.1 at a rummage sale ~2009
>oh shit this ancient version of OS X is pretty good
>buy an iMac G4 and a few other PowerPC computers, switch over to OS X fulltime
I just started using Linux and BSD again last year
>>
windows 10 was a disapointment, so i switched
>>
>>52850464
>not knowing this.

Apple is a hardware company. Let me repeat that for you...

APPLE IS A HARDWARE COMPANY

Did you get that? Planned obsolescence is their fucking business model. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, but don't ignore the facts or you're another mindless shill.
>>
File: 1140.jpg (63 KB, 500x364) Image search: [Google]
1140.jpg
63 KB, 500x364
i switched because i was tired of windows clanky tacky bullshit. I still want to play pc games but i cant make myself go back to that poo
>>
>>52849854
>starting cs at university
>want a good laptop
>spend ages looking for a windows one which had good battery life, high resolution screen, and fairly powerful
>think i found one, compromise on the screen resolution a bit
>it arrives
>was advertised as 1080p, but was actually 1366x786
>send it back
>get sick of searching because nothing suits what i want
>buy a mac
>don't like it at first
>now love it

pretty much because windows laptops are all shit
>>
Linux systems engineer here. Took a new job and was forced to use a MacBook Pro. It took a couple of months to really get used to it, now my home rig is a hackintosh. I fucking hate the finder, but everything else is fine. I mostly work in terminals and iterm2 is tits.
>>
>>52853240
what's better about iterm2 over default terminal?

i just default with ohmyzsh
>>
>>52853302
It's the most configurable terminal available on any OS imo. It's basically a gui tmux. Ability to send the same command to multiple sessions at once is pretty awesome. Great keyboard shortcuts to spawn new terminals by splitting the current window several different ways.
>>
Is there any way to save a significant amount on the price of a Macbook Pro?
>>
>>52853605
student discout or a used mac. Or you could have enough money to shell out 1200 and not worry about it
>>
Convince me to switch back to iOS.
>>
>be music composer
>all good software only for mac
>all good avid products only for mac

I guess there's nothing I can do but get a goddamn mac
>>
Using Windows has become something you tolerate and using OS X and the apple ecosystem is something that has become a joy to use.

Apple is just this generations target to hate with very little tangible solid reasons to do so.
>>
>>52849854
Just suck as many dicks as you can and become a liberal and eventually you'll want to buy apple
>>
>>52854059
>Apple is just this generations target to hate with very little tangible solid reasons to do so.
The cause is instant gratification, if they can't have it this minute, nobody should have it.
Also, Appletards are really easy to troll because of how defensive they are with their purchase, I use a Mac and troll the fuck out of other macfags on here). There's nothing bad or special about macs they're just another brand of computers, personally I don't really like my rMBP13 because of how shitty OS X is getting and using my Surface more.
>>
>>52854142
Fun fact:

I'm actually a straight, white, conservative male.
>>
Why do macfags treat /g/ like a fuckin blog?

Fuckoff back to facebook where you belong.
>>
>>52849854
>got iphone 4s
>lived with it
>hated it
>switched to android
>life got better
>>
>>52854221
Yes let's get back to meming about Linux on $200 5+ year old laptops. That's so much better.
>>
>>52854447
>That's so much better
It literally is. Go back to Facebook, homo
>>
>>52849854
my family used an iMac and I'm used to OS X and still quite like it so I use MacBooks now.
>>
>>52849854

>started doing QA on Android
>came in company with one more guy
>in office, 2 people on iOS, 4 on Android
>weneedmoreiosqa.jpg
>got mac and iDevices for testing
>2010 mbp with core duo
>used it for like 3 months
>later, got 2012 mbp with i5 and ssd
>got fired, office is closing in a 2 months
>started as junior on android project
>office closes, had to return mbp
>bought new mbp 13 with 128gb ssd
>now junior android dev

After all, iDevices are retarded, and I'm using Nexus 6 as my phone. MBP is okayish, does the job.
>>
>>52849854
If you're buying Apple products, you're Windows machines start having problems.
If you buy Apple products, you have to use iTunes.
=> iTunes causes Windows problems.
>>
>>52849854
I went through a really bad breakup in high school, the girl totally broke my heart and my best friend was there to comfort me with his cock. ever since then I've been buying and using apple products exclusively.
>>
>>52856526
FAGGOT
>>
File: 111124_5.jpg (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
111124_5.jpg
148 KB, 1024x768
>>52849854
Friend had bought an iBook G4 for school in 2003, 10.3 had just come out and he demonstrated Exposé to me. My mind was pretty much blown. I had a chunky Toshiba laptop running XP with an appaling TN screen with about 20 degrees of optimal viewing angle, and happily sold it for an iBook G4. Owned three different MBPs since then, settling on my 2012 rMBP from release to now.

Windows still has nothing as useful as Exposé built in, except through third party software. Over the years the feature gap between OSX and Windows has only widened, so I definitely don't regret the decision.

Still an impressive feature: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktTNcj0fAM4
>>
>>52850200
Took me a long time to adjust, I was designing apps at that point with iOS6 skeumorphic style and thought it looked pretty good. Now I look back on those designs and wince
>>
Work got me to actually try using a Mac and helped me get over my autistic hatred for osx and all things apple. The iPhone is still garbage, but the macbooks pro and OSX are pretty decent.
>>
>>52849854
i want macfags to get the fuck off my board
>>
>>52858222
Thanks for the bump, friend :^)
>>
File: 1230148973600.jpg (77 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1230148973600.jpg
77 KB, 500x500
>>52849854
>iPod
I became a macfag after getting a 5th gen video ipod

it was hands down the most amazing device I ever owned. everything about it was perfect.

After I got a 2007 Macbook pro, and it was great too. upgraded to an SSD and replaced the battery and track pad at one point.

I sold my Macbook for an Air, and updated my iPod. I have to say I was a little disappointed in both of them. I was expecting the same level of amazing. Now I'm seeing these devices coming out now, and I'm starting to think Apple have past their zenith with jobs passing.
>>
apple macs are supreme in quality and stability. the most intelligent, informed choice you can make for all your computing needs. solid. dependable. unshakable. for the realization of dreams, the reaching of higher plateaus, mac is there, ready and willing to take on the day's tasks, prepared to get it done. brilliant machines for the go-getters, the high-achievers, the practical, level-headed elite. certain people on /g/ maintain an ill-informed vitriol towards these ingenious, immaculate products because all they've ever known is trash. and when they see something so streamlined, so effortlessly sleek and impeccably functional, they don't want to believe it. they plug their ears in shame and spout garbage-rhetoric that they heard from the last intensely-envious child, because they know nothing, they possess no marketable skills or interesting hobbies. they're ensnared in distraction, propping-up their worthless sh*t-systems. it's best to ignore them, and let them come to the realization, on their own, that their crap-lives are ultimately hollow and unfulfilling.
>>
>>52858417
rMBP is a fucking great machine. I've never been all that thrilled about the Air, despite the ridiculous battery life
>>
>get apple's ACMT cert
>it was hard and makes the A+ exam look bad
>couldn't prepare me for macfag's attitude

some of you fags I helped fix your god damn computer and even saved you money and you STILL bitched about it being broken.

But windows users it was still bad too
>waahhhh I spilled shit on my laptop, fix it nowwww

fuck off and call mommy for a new one since it happend 9/10 anyways.
>>
>>52849854
My friend got a Macbook Air to replace his Alienware M11x a few years ago. Tried it out at various points over the course of a year and was converted. Everything about it was dank and it didn't cost much more than similar windows laptops at the time (compared to some like the Thinkpad X1 Carbon, it was cheaper even) so I got myself one when I decided I wanted a laptop. 2 years later and I'm still eating shit out of my own hands.
>>
It really is true when they say once you buy 1 apple product you suddenly fall into the trap and slowly start converting over to them.
I was like everyone else and had a natural hatred for Apple. A few years later, I can't live without my MBA, iPhone, and tablet.
I'm not saying they are perfect but having all my stuff sync across devices and not having to mess with stuff is just more enjoyable then dealing with Windows and android.
>>
Insalled OSX instead of upgrading to windows 8.

Bought a macbook air.

I still wouldnt consider myself a macfag though, I would never buy a mac desktop or an iphone.

I'm more of an OSX fag

best os by far
>>
>>52858729
>I still wouldnt consider myself a macfag though
>I'm more of an OSX fag

literally in denial about being gay
>>
Reluctant Macfag, only because compared with Linux and Windows 10 it's by far the least shit option.
>>
Had an ipod nano in high school and liked it. Didn't like Apple as a company. Bought a Macbook Air after my first internship in 2013 because I had the dollars to do so. Have pretty much only good things to say about it and I still use it almost exclusively. Dual booting Arch but mostly use OSX. Am become macfag.
Always have used Android phones since my first Droid though.
>>
apple is life
>>
> Buy an iPad Air 2
> Too afraid ever get it open because error 53
I'm not their target audience and I don't know why I bought this fucking thing
>>
File: 1453497856161.jpg (126 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1453497856161.jpg
126 KB, 640x480
>>52859262
> Apple
> Nigger music
Nice try tyrone but you can't afford apple products on welfare and food stamps
Who did you steal it from jamal?
>>
>>52859293
Error 53 only occurs if you install a replacement home button through a third-party repairer
>>
>>52859318
nobody. It's called working hard for the things you have senpai. Saved for 6 months to buy this
>>
>>52850200
Fucking this. Material design is nice when done well but many of the apps I deal with have ancient Holo designs. iOS app design has almost always been consistent and nice looking. Glass effects and shit are actually done well in the OS as well
>>
I'm a "fan" of Apple personal electronics, I've had many iPods, iPads and have had the iPhone.

I fucking hate Macs though. I have to use one at work and have done so for 4 years and I still can't get the fucking thing to do what I want it to do.
>>
>be in high school around 2006-ish
>download JaS 10.4.8 installation iso
>worked flawlessly on my p4 compaq desktop
>got a laptop
>10.6.8 worked flawlessly on it, 10.7 was noticeably slower
>upgraded my main rig to a high-end customac build
>dual booting el capitan & win10, everything works flawlessly
>>
>>52850479
>Also, can we take a moment and talk about the Apple trackpad? Nothing out there comes to close to be considered competition.
Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch
>>
File: eatingShitFromMyHands.jpg (717 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
eatingShitFromMyHands.jpg
717 KB, 2048x1536
>>52849854
> many years ago
> I'm a poorfag
> own a shitty Galaxy y (poorfag phone)
> get a decent job
> iPhone 5 is released
> Looks amazing, buy it
> Love it, it was so powerful at the time, my mind was blown by how fast it was and how great the camera was
> Still own a chink poorfag tablet
> Touch screen dies
> Who cares, it's a fucking cheap tablet, throw it in the bin
> iPad Air released
> Amazed by how thin and beautiful and powerful that thing is
> Well, time to buy a decent tablet
> Buy it
> Love it, the battery life is simply legendary
> Still own a poorfag Asus i3 `ultrabook`
> The display is disgusting
> Well, time to buy a decent laptop
> Base model 15 inch rMBP looks good
> Buy it
> Love it
> Find out that the display has a dead pixel and the half right is warmer than the left
> Leave it at an authorized Apple service provider
> After 2 days the display is completely replaced
> Got the latest P3 LG retina model, simply looks beautiful, almost no bleeding and no warmer areas
> 100% satisfied with the speed and quality of their service
There's no way back now, I'm 100% a Macfag, everything just werks beautifully.

My iPhone 5 is 3 years old already, and I see no reason to get a new one since it has the latest iOS and performs very well. Same for iPad Air.
>>
bought a macbook pro in 2008
>>
>>52859293
Error 53 only happens on the iPhone 6. Touch ID refuses to work on the 5S and iPads when you change the Touch ID assembly, but they don't brick.
>>
>>52849854
>Started in high school doing a Graphic Design Program.
>Learned how to use the Macs there. Didn't develop a preference, but I understood them.
>Rule of thumb was, I'll work with whatever you give me.
>Years later working at a computer repair shop.
>Take ACMT test as part of a company pilot program.
>Learn that I like how the software babysits the derps and enjoy taking apart the hardware.
>Macbooks signifigantly easier to take apart than fucking Windows laptops that I take apart every day for years.
>Start having to deal more with Apple Service and software. End up getting surprised with the service they offer and shit they put up.

You're paying to be babied. Literally. It's why it's so pricy. Also as someone who has to tear shit apart, I fucking love taking apart the Macbooks. Still hate taking apart the iMacs though. Shit is the worst.

>>52858459
They never stop crying about how they dindu nuffin to their shit. Literally had a girl come in with pee on her laptop. "I dindu nuffin". Fuckin' liar.

>>52854956
You literally have no idea what you're talking about. Most of the problems that iTunes runs into on Windows is caused by shitty software on the computer like McAfee or driver issues. Half the time people gotta point Windows to the correct driver for it to detect an iOS device properly.
>>
>>52859585
Well that's assuring
You know if other features or tweaks that use the touch ID like Virtual Home still work?
>>
>>52859585
Error 53 means there's third party parts in the phone. You had the screen replaced by a third party. Shit parts, they don't get detected correctly, error 53.
>>
File: 1441126559706.jpg (14 KB, 300x245) Image search: [Google]
1441126559706.jpg
14 KB, 300x245
>>52857576
>demonstrated Exposé to me. My mind was pretty much blown
>>
>>52859715
It was pretty fucking amazing in 2003 cunt, that was probably before you were born though
>>
>>52849854
I've had iPods and shit for a while. Ended up getting a macbook when I started grad school because my department is largely OS X/Linux based (OS X for workstations, Linux clusters for heavy shit), so it just made sense.
I'd been using linux for years before that, so I figured why not get the premier desktop Unix™?
No way I'm going back now it's too comfy.
>>
File: 1452797247605.png (57 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
1452797247605.png
57 KB, 600x480
I followed this and here I am.
>>
File: 1437870561440.jpg (80 KB, 570x587) Image search: [Google]
1437870561440.jpg
80 KB, 570x587
>>52859726

>Falling for idiotic gimmicks
You're almost as bad as those undertoe jam eaters who're impressed by wobbly windows.

>My mind was pretty much blown
Doesn't take much to impress a retard, huh?
>>
>>52850249
Pretty much the same as you anon. Father is a huge macfag and never had windows based machines in the house while I was there, mac minis running panther/tiger were the only things I used
>>
>>52859318
go back to /pol/
>>
>>52859985
go back to /africa/
>>
>>52859726
What would have been if he showed you compiz ^^
>>
>>52859367
Wow
I would have invested in some fucking books or something to make your life less cheap
:(
Well sometimes people think products give status.
>>
>>52860038
Panther pre-dates it by 3 years
>>
>>52860078
Thanks for the tip anon
Yet I got pretty much astonished the first time I saw that cube... Not much innovation since then.
And Windows 10 just got an expose thingy kek
>>
Have a based ipod classic of 120 gb still running
Bought an iPad 3 when new, I liked it, still use it every now and then but prefer my surface
Never been attracted to iPhones them are too girly
Where I work everyone uses Mac products
Got assigned a mbp with all the shit and a trashcan
Pretty much impressed
However I wouldn't buy any laptop or similar from Apple since them are really overpriced imo.
>>
>>52849854

>be 2003
>already be massive linuxfag for 5 years
>everything breaks all the fucking time
>can't go 6 months without having to setup desktop pc from scratch
>see ad about unixy ibook
>decide to buy ibook
>this is neat
>no more crashes
>unix everywhere
>great battery + cpu for the time
>almost silent
>great build quality

i've been hooked ever since. if you like unix and you're serious about what you do, you probably already own a mac.
>>
>>52860242
Don't worry, Macfags are really serious about dicks.
>>
>>52859586

the physical repair of apple computer is fun, because once you take one model of that year apart, it's the same across the board. and the layout of all of the parts is nice

but the owners of most of them....good god.

>I closed the lid and opened it and the screen was cracked
>this computer is supposed to be indestructible
>I spilled milk on my macbook will it still work?
>I spilled hooka and beer on my macbook
>lol I spilled wine all over my macbook I'm such a college girl who's 21 haha ;)

I wanna say my favorite one was a girl telling me her macbook was advertised like it would never break, ever. that right there is why some people (see:her idiot parents) buy them;

>someone showing me their logs of what they think is relevant to their problem.
>>
I'm too poor to afford one :( I'm stuck with a shitty thinkpad that /g/ told me would be good, but it's fucking shit. I get laughed at at school for using it.
>>
>>52850333
You're missing the beauty of Android. For many devices, the community supports the device after google/the OEM cuts the life support. Android works and will-work-in-the-future just fine without Google.
>>
>>52860457
>Has to install shitty custom roms to make the phone half way decent
LOL. Seriously fuck off loser. Android will never be as good as iOS
>>
I started using them about 5 years ago because I was tired of having to worry about my computer fucking up. Windows is shit. Linux can suck my balls. Seriously it's almost as bad as windows even though faggots on /g/ continue to parrot that it's super reliable and stable.
>>
File: 1454755056282.jpg (5 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
1454755056282.jpg
5 KB, 299x168
>>52860377
kek i fell for the thinkpad meme too. i fucking hate it

i invited a girl around to watch a movie once and she was like "haha why do you still have that 80s laptop sitting around here anon, i know you're a compsci guy but damn :)" before she knew that's what we'd be watching the movie on...
>>
File: Screenshot_20160208-080357.png (163 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160208-080357.png
163 KB, 1440x2560
>>52860457
This

>>52860477
I switched from an iPhone 6 to an LG G3 running CM13
literally no regrets
>>
tfw too poor to buy a mac

i honestly wish i could get one though just to be able to compare preformance on audio software in my own enviroment
>>
>>52860649
Dude this is an apple thread. Please fuck off.
>>
File: 1445924763557.jpg (13 KB, 476x345) Image search: [Google]
1445924763557.jpg
13 KB, 476x345
>>52860477
>is stuck with what his manufacturer gives him
>laughs at others for having a fucking choice
>>
>>52860662
Bad lad
>>
>>52860667
Please refer to
>>52860662
>>
>>52860676
I'm here for the Apple thread, doesn't mean I'm not going to refute retardation
>>
File: 1441873578207.jpg (359 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
1441873578207.jpg
359 KB, 720x1280
>>52860649
This is a gay thread. Fuck off cis scum.
>>
can any macfag here tell me forsure why people reccomend mac for producing music

is it because they use logic or protools and theyre just being faggots

why i dont beleive macfags is they only say mac only software when they reccomend
>>
So is this meme about apple fucking over old macbooks true? My friend is selling his 2013 macbook and I want a new uni laptop.
>>
>>52852451
>still claiming things no one can prove as "facts"
>>
This is the most decent thread on /g/ I've seen in a while. I want >muh convertible laptop and >muh customization, so I use a Z3 Compact and HP Spectre x360 but I'll recommend Apple products to anyone who asks. The hardware, software, and service are damn decent. Other companies fail in at least one of those categories.

Also, it's time for me to get a wordfilter. "cum" and "gay" are the first things I'll add. Unoriginal shitposting is just boring.
>>
>>52860738
what do you think about hackintosh ?
i know a few music producer who run hackintosh build
>>
>>52860719
Post in coherent English first. Then we'll reply.
>>
>that one guy who arrives to your english lit lectures with a fucking windows laptop

Autists get out
The teacher ever asked him why he bought one before class this one time and he just sort of nervously laughed.
>>
File: 1451090521593.jpg (94 KB, 734x573) Image search: [Google]
1451090521593.jpg
94 KB, 734x573
>>52860738
>filtered "cum" and "gay"
>can't find a single post about apple
yfw
>>
>>52860756
git gud at readings lad

you must be reatarded
>>
>>52860719
OS X is popular for music production because CoreAudio has low latency, maybe other reasons too.
>>
>>52860754
The x360 has terrible OS X and Linux support so I'll just let Microsoft fuck me over. (I should've bought a different convertible. The stylus support is terrible on this machine and I'm about to request my third replacement.) Once I get around to it I'll cough up $40 for a grey market license of Windows 10 LTSB to avoid the telemetry and automatic updates.
>>
Apple fanatics in family bought me a Mid-2012 13-inch Macbook Pro for $899 which had ML on it, and I loved it for music production whereas in video/animation (especially animation) it hit problems for the amount of stuff I was throwing at it rather fast. I didn't know anything about computers at the time and thought "well, video, graphic design, whatever art people use Macs, so yeah it's excellent for that."

Well...three years later, my parts for my workstation are all being delivered this week so I can not have to sit through stuttering. I indeed fell victim to the Apple marketing and was a bit disappointed.

That being said, I genuinely do think that the Mid 2012 Macbook has more value than any Macbook released after it; it's a fantastic notebook in my opinion and I'm happy to have it. I'll keep it until it kicks the bucket.
>>
>>52860813
this is why i am wary of mac because you cant just upgrade the components you have to get a whole new machine
>>
>>52860826
But you can you retard. Maybe Apple won't do it for you, but any repair place worth their salt can.
>>
>>52860848
i heard apple does shit like solder components to the "logic board"

is that not true ?
>>
>>52860826
Not entirely true. On that one, I upgraded the RAM on that one MBP from 4GB to the 8GB maximum. You can swap out the hard drive for an SSD and even replace the disc drive with another hard drive or SSD if you wanted to.

The newer Macbooks restrict access to these parts apparently.
>>
>>52860856
Double typed "on that one." Apologies.
>>
I'm glad people enjoy their macs. I myself am not a big fan, but people should just use whatever they're comfortable and happy with.
Happy posting anons
>>
File: 1445092636012.png (140 KB, 633x914) Image search: [Google]
1445092636012.png
140 KB, 633x914
>>52860781
>OS X is popular for music production because
>CoreAudio has low latency
>low latency
>800mhz
>low latency
Epin meme xDD

>>52860813
This.

> To add insult to injury, XPSP3 completely wiped the floor with both OSX systems, the low latency results clearly highlighting the huge variable between the cross platform scaling performance - with and without Hyperthreading, and also highlighted that HT was scaling extremely well on the Windows platform.
> ...
> The results are in no way conclusive in regards to overall performance for each respective operating system, obviously with the Steinberg product the performance on Windows is far superior on the current revisions.
http://www.dawbench.com/win7-v-osx-1.htm

> When I open up Ableton, under the Audio preferences tab it says it has 19+ milliseconds of Overall Latency. With no audio interface connected, this is just stock with Core Audio. This is weird because my previous gen 2012 MBPR had 7.80ms Overall Latency, with the same settings, no interface, nothing, fresh out the box.
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/880625-2013-retina-macbook-weird-issue.html

Meanwhile ASIO drivers have 2.3ms and up to 5ms
http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan05/articles/pcmusician.htm
>>
I first got an ipod nano back in the day when it was literally the only thing that played music.

Then I got an ipod touch 2g and jailbroke it in the days when they were a really big thing.

Then I got an ipod 5g and jailbroke that and used all muh apps/tweaks on it. It was easy to cheat on games on it and really easy to get pirated apps for free. I used things like Winterboard, Pandora Radio downloader tweak, Spotify b'day tweak, scrobblr daemon, iFile, adblocker, a browser with a ua faker in it, emulators, firewall, flex2

And around about that time other people in my family got iDevices too so there's like $100+ credit sitting wasted in the account.

It really bugs me that the storage is so shit and the software can bug up and I'll be forced to install. It also bugs me that all the torrent clients and controllers are cancerous. It also bugs me that there are no good mobi readers or s/ftp(s) clients on it. Also syncing music is a fucking pain and whenever I use a different computer I have to move music off it is using third party programs. The upside is the battery life and the fact that it's so easy to pirate whatever the fuck I want.

I can't imagine how annoying it would be to own a mac/macbook though. I had a brief stint in using them in /gd/ and the mouse and keyboard was just fucking awful and the idea of having to re-pirate everything/compatibility issues just sounds terrible.
>>
well on the laptop front it's a shitshow for windows. nothing beats Macbooks in build quality, trackpad, screen, battery life, etc. for the price. Shit, even specs wise. The Surface Book just had to have it's price bloated by being yet another shitty convertible with a stylus for artsy people instead of focusing on being just a goddamn laptop like the macbook.

on the Linux front I've always found it just fine to get a cheap Chromebook and run it with crouton. Speedy, optimized, general-purpose OS on one end, and a quick switch to Linux for more niche stuff. Never found a need for more power on Linux since gaming is done on my Windows desktop.
>>
File: 1444213881780.jpg (208 KB, 770x577) Image search: [Google]
1444213881780.jpg
208 KB, 770x577
Macbooks are terrible with video production, awful for 3D modelling and rendering, okay ish for graphics (but can't do anything that other laptops can't), shit for gaming, shit support for OpenGL. All it does is look good and work quietly. But do any 'heavier' task and it will start overheating and throttling like a bitch.

Bought Dell XPS13 recently and finally being productive and not just wasting my time fighting with that sluggish MacOS with its choppy fisher price animations.

t. MBP owner
>>
>>52861041
>terrible with video production
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my2I5ge8bqY
>>
File: 774564563084560.png (203 KB, 400x297) Image search: [Google]
774564563084560.png
203 KB, 400x297
Last wednesday i bought a Macbook Air 13 and i regret it. I needed something light to take to classes and my friend is the biggest applefag ever and convinced me to try it. "y-y-you'll never use windows again!" Well i still prefer my desktop with W7 but i need a laptop for school.

I can't believe i paid €1030 for this shit. Backlight is leaking, screen is wobbly. OSX is shit, just some flashy animations for children. The screen is the worst part, 1440x900 i can't stand it.

Should i return it? I have like another week to get my money back. I guess i should give the macbook a chance, though shit's not worth €1000 for sure. What are some alternatives to this shit?
>>
>>52861069
>You should constantly remove features like castrating the fuck out of disk utility and FCP X and abandoning Aperture. That's why le real professionals use le mac! xDDxD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxKYuF9pENQ
>>
>>52861129
> Air
you either go retina or GTFO, The Air has a great battery life and performance/price, but you should definitely try the base retina one.
>>
>>52861129
rMBP is the better buy, the MBA is probably going to be discontinued in a month or so, or start being phased out. I'd spring for the rMBP 13" or just return the MBA and buy some other brand of laptop.
>>
>>52861149
Such fresh and topical humour. I'm sure Final Cut X has received no updates whatsoever since 2011
>>
File: 9456745897.jpg (117 KB, 694x391) Image search: [Google]
9456745897.jpg
117 KB, 694x391
>>52861169
>>52861170
Retina is 800mhz water boiler and uncomfortably heavy. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>52861215
It's 1.58 kg, on what planet is that 'uncomfortably heavy"
>>
>>52861228
For manlets it's heavy
>>
>>52861228
air and xps 13 are 1.3
rMBP feels thinkpad tier in comparison
>>
>>52861283
You're kidding yourself if you think you can feel the difference of 200 grams between a 13" rMBP and Air

>>52861272
>When will they learn
>>
>>52861228
>>52861272
real issue here is throttling, the weight is just another piece of turd on a huge steaming pile of shit
>>
File: 1450778077872.jpg (70 KB, 618x564) Image search: [Google]
1450778077872.jpg
70 KB, 618x564
>>52860882
Stop accepting other people's opinions and being nice REEEEE

you're meant to scream about how you overpay with macs or only hipster faggot normie fucking women nigger cunts would buy one

I'd own a mac though if I got one for cheap. OSX is nice.
>>
>>52861206
It was updated this month.

>>52861129
The animations that you can change or disable? I honestly don't think they're that big of a deal as people make them out to be.

>>52861215
>>52861303
The way you're talking right now suggests you should just return it and buy a non-apple notebook.
>>
>>52861206
>>52861320
>It was updated this month.
Nevermind, I got the joke.
>>
File: get out.gif (868 KB, 295x210) Image search: [Google]
get out.gif
868 KB, 295x210
>>52861320
>>52861344
>>52861206
>Such fresh and topical humour xDDxD

Are massive lags, and horribly long loading times the updates you're talking about?

>such fresh
After all these years, it still doesn't address the key missing elements: Windows Layouts (how many times have people complained and not even addressed yet?), Multi-users workflow, Project tabs (super essential in my book for versioning), Aggregated Roles View, and Roles-Based Mixing. I would also have liked things like Transition from Start-End of cut (Always centred for me is a big joke), Scrolling Timeline, Color labels, Zoom-in on playhead...

Still missing many things from the old FCP7.
>cut features
>add a tiny set of them back
INNOVATION!!

Many of those who left Final Cut Pro have not come back. A quick look at the Premiere forum on the COW proves that.
>>
File: 1445093664871.jpg (400 KB, 1200x950) Image search: [Google]
1445093664871.jpg
400 KB, 1200x950
>>52861455
>trying to be reasonable in a macfaggot thread
Kek
>>
File: aapl-revenue-h2-2013.jpg (33 KB, 770x521) Image search: [Google]
aapl-revenue-h2-2013.jpg
33 KB, 770x521
>>52852451
>>52860726
>>
>Mom is a hopeless Apple fanboy
>Has to get the latest Macbook every time one comes out
>Gives young me her older models
>Repeat until I become a grownup and need to get my own new computer for school n shit.
>PC UIs are alien and frightening to me now,
>Yet another slave to Apple

I have tiny baby hands so the small mac keyboards suit me pretty well. I hate how they burst into flames anytime I do something remotely resource intensive though. A hot laptop is nice in the winter, but not the rest of the year. It's been a lot better since I installed fan control software though.
>>
>>52862019
Look into Elementary OS if you want to wean yourself off applel.
>>
>>52860662
Apple threads on /g/ (technology, NOT graphics design) aren't supposed to be positive towards Apple products.
>>
Shoo
>>
>>52849854
had apple II, few G3 imacs but drop out and went the way of the PC.
>>
>>52863025
Shoo
>>
>>52849854
>botnet
You sure you only fell for the iPhone meme?
>>
>>52849854
Got one from the company I work for.
The end.
>>
>>52849854
>be on PC since forever
>never have any issues because I'm not a pleb
>at some point buy an iPod 2nd gen
>works perfectly with my pc
>at some point stop listening to music everywhere I go
>realized I'm now a grown up with things to do
>think to myself "wew lad I could have fallen for the iJew"
>"it was nice but expensive and it's time to get serious"
>get an Android phone, no issues
>still use a PC, no issue whatsoever
and this is the story of how I could have become a fag but didn't
>>
This thread is live proof /g/ has gone to absolute shit.
>>
>>52864976
>of all the shit on this board, this thread is the definitive proof that /g/ has gone to shit
>>
>>52850162
this desu senpai
>>
File: 1453346821890.png (62 KB, 600x397) Image search: [Google]
1453346821890.png
62 KB, 600x397
>>52849854
>How did you become a macfag?
I installed OS X.
>>
>>52854447
>200$ 5+year old laptops
What the fuck have you got against my Emachines E728? 2010/09/19 and it's still booting into Win7, after all those years I've swapped the ram for 4GB and the HDD for a 240GB SSD, but it's still running strong and well. What else would I want?
>>
>>52849854
My dad has been using Mac since the beginning of time since he is an actual professional photographer and photoshop runs better on OS X.
>>
>>52865705
High resolution display and faster, more energy efficient processor are usually nice
>>
>>52864876
>at some point stop listening to music everywhere I go
>realized I'm now a grown up with things to do
What one has anything to do with the other?
>>
>>52865746
Yeah, that's probably true. Although this is my university laptop, I mostly do school/work on it (translator), so only Word and a good battery (6+ hours on effective days, 4 hours on days I blow the screen up and watch YouTube all the time). So I'm content with it, got another PC for... ehm... gaming. There I'm planning to tiddle with OSx, anyone got some links on how to install it?
>>
File: mac mini.jpg (803 KB, 2093x1151) Image search: [Google]
mac mini.jpg
803 KB, 2093x1151
I was around macs at work, and I realised that they were convenient to use, so I made my desktop into a hackintosh to learn more about them and see how I like them.

Then I ran into some hackintosh issues, and felt lazy and didn't really want to deal with them, so I put together pic related.
>>
>>52865801
why even have that if those aren't your own selfies?
>>
>>52865718
That's a meme. I know because I fell for it for many, many years
>>
>>52865870
Depending on how many years you've fallen for it, at one point you may have been on to something. Photoshop was AltiVec accelerated and this helped a lot. When Apple switched to Intel people kept recommending it because they didn't know of the change, most people don't know what an architecture is let alone the advantages of one over the other.
>>
Someone's just looking for an excuse to look up gay scat porn
>>
>>52865782
Sure
http://www.macbreaker.com/2015/10/install-osx-el-capitan-unibeast-hackintosh.html
>>
>>52865789
>>52865801
>>52865816
>>52865883
>>52865931
>>52865947
>>52865968

samefag, kill yourself
>>
Hackintosh.
There's just something interesting about getting to know new operating systems. I remember when I first installed a Linux distro. Everything was so different and "magical", it was amazing. That was the time of the spinning cubes and windows burning and exploding upon opening / closing.

I wanted to feel that again. I wanted to know how things work on OS X. My hardware wasn't very compatible at the time but I still managed it somehow and it was still cool to have Mac OS X (10.6) running. OS X felt to me like a linux distro without the usual flaws and with decent third party support - exactly what I always wanted.

I bought an MBP 15 last year. I regret nothing.
>>
>be me, in college, lifelong windows fag
>program only offers final cut pro nonlinear editing classes
>learn OSX file structure, FCP, Motion, etc
>graduate, buy imac
>jobs all use macs
>last year, job gives top of the line MacBook pro
>building gaming PC now

Don't really love it but I'm proficient in it. Prefer windows in almost every application.
>>
Based scat spammer BTFOing mactard blog threads.

Truly the hero /g/ deserves.
>>
Suggest for me a GNU/Linux distro for me - a first time user.
I'm totally new, I'm tech-illiterate concerning advanced CLI stuff.
Although I hope to start here, and steadily become proficient using Linux-based OS.
Most of all, I value efficiency and fast responsiveness, because I'm using old hardware.
I don't want any bullshit. No hideously drab UI also.
Lubuntu is my current pick unless someone can persuade me there's a better first-choice.

I've used Windows for eight years, and Mac for the recent eight years.
To begin with GNU/Linux I'm going to dual-boot from OS X to Linux using rEFIND.
The GPU in particular is very shitty - NVIDIA GT120.
>>
>>52868536
>>52868867
you're doing gods work anon
>>
>>52866564
Basically this, except OS X has been a disappointment in all honesty.

Booted into my Yosemite 10.10.5 hack to post this. Won't be buying a Mac.
>>
>>52857576
>Windows still has nothing as useful as Exposé built in
Task View is as close to a Mission Control clone as I've seen.
>>
>>52870481
Are you try to ban evading?
>>
I'm not really a macfag, but my rMBP's been serving me well.
>>
>>52871582
>i'm not really gay, but i love taking dicks in my anus
>>
File: 1449606110167.gif (836 KB, 142x146) Image search: [Google]
1449606110167.gif
836 KB, 142x146
>>52850847
>>52850912
>>
File: 1437161335340.jpg (432 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1437161335340.jpg
432 KB, 1024x768
>>52849854
>2007
>Winfag with knowledge of loonix (Ubuntu, OpenSuse, Debian)
>Think that Apple products are for retards and old people
>Looking for a job in IT
>Landed one at a medium-large company that uses Apple desktops/laptops exclusively
>Oh Fuck
>Bullshit my way through the interview by impressing the fuck out of IT manager with my command line skillz (tm)
>Fast forward to 2016
>Using Windows for gaems, Loonix/*BSD on servers and OSX for everything else
>Typing this message on my main mid 2012 Macbook Pro (waiting for 2016 version to upgrade to)

Sometime you just need to grow up /g/uys
>>
I came out as a gay when I was 15, and once I found more frequentable people, all used Macs, I managed to get my breeders to get one for me. If you're in this situation, recall your breeders they owe you at least decent hardware.
>>
File: WINDOWS XP.png (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
WINDOWS XP.png
1 MB, 1920x1200
>>52869025
Minimal but disgusting Playmobil shit. White, rounded angles...

I realize how much I'm at the opposite of Mac shit and I'm glad I got vaccinated.
>>
>>52860372
>College girl who likes to drink wine.
Probably just thinks it's wine lol

I hate it when people somehow stumble upon the crash logs on their computer then start to get paranoid as fuck. Then want me to interpret every single one. I refuse to get into it. I'm like "no, that's not relevant. You need to stop."
>>
File: ipod-touch-gen2.jpg (21 KB, 400x318) Image search: [Google]
ipod-touch-gen2.jpg
21 KB, 400x318
the ipod touch 2g is the single most perfect apple device ever produced and always will be.
>>
apple ][//e indoctrination when I was in preschool

number munchers made me love pussy
>>
Can we through a bug party for Mac fags and just blow all the cents up?
>>
>>52876024

That fucking bush
>>
>>52862935
Thanks for the tip brother, I'm reading up on it now. IDK shit about Linux software compatibilities though.
>>
Pretty much when Sony sold the VAIO line I switched to Mac because I didn't like any of the offerings by other manufacturers, but then the Mac didn't have any of the issues that Windows is known for.

I always had the iPhone since the 3GS but these days I even have the fucking Apple Watch.
>>
>>52849854
when i was a kid i was abused, he looked like jobs.
>>
>>52852306
The single best emulator software in existence is only found on OS X.
>>
>>52854743
Look at the edge on this pleb.
>>
>>52859367
6 months!? Wow... That makes me slightly sad for you, I could save that up in 2 weeks.
>>
>>52861129
I can tell this whole post is a lie, just based on the "wobbly screen" part.

Not even a nice try fag, 1/10
>>
>>52849854
I actually kind of came to Macs via Linux. I'd started messing with Linux because I always hated Windows and had been hearing about this other option. One of my Linux-using friends was also a longtime Macfag (who when branching out into the PC world said "fuck this Windows thing, but this Linux sounds like it's worthwhile") got a G3 iBook which he was showing off.
One of the features he was showing off was the then-new OS X, and how it was Unix under the hood; not all that different from Linux. It was that detail that got my attention initially, but in borrowing it to use from time to time I'd come to appreciate the way its GUI worked, and some details of the hardware. Such as the best trackpad I'd ever used at that point, a pretty decent keyboard for a laptop, the ports and drives all being on the sides which I found way more convenient than having some at the back or front like many PC laptops, etc.
A while later, a different Linux-using acquaintance was selling his iBook (same model; they were popular) so I bought it because it was literally the best laptop I'd ever used. When that got a bit long in the tooth for me, I got myself a G4 iBook new, and I loved that too.
When THAT got a bit too old, I got an Asus netbook because something a bit lighter and more portable became a bit more of a priority to me. I liked that netbook, but the netbook platform seriously stagnated, and when it came time to replace the netbook, I decided the 11" MacBook Air was the best option for what I wanted.
Posting right now from that MBA. PC laptops can be adequate, but nothing beats a Mac laptop for me. For desktops I stick with a PC running Linux, though. So I guess you could call me some kind of part-time Macfag.
>>
>My father was a macfag ever since I was born.
>Other schoolkids played all those cool Windows games, but I was stuck with iNES and SNES9X and the handful of exclusives (and notably Wolfenstein 3D, which was cross-platform)
>I grew up in a Mac-only household.
>Turned 15, got my own MacBook (the polycarbonate one)
>Bought a Mac Mini when I was 21
>SSD'd it in late 2015
>Now 23, barely touched a Windows

I'm biased, but I couldn't think of going Windows. Not because I'm a le hipster mac meme man, but because I don't think I could handle it after all these years. Been on the ride since OS7.
>>
>>52878651
Same with me
>>
>>52849854 (OP)

>2005. Need a career. Desktop Publishing projected fastest growing career till 2010
>Go to college to learn graphic design (only Associates at small college). Everyone uses macs
>Fall in love with OSX
>Get 08' Mac Pro. Will never go back to Windows
>DTP field collapses in same time frame projected to be fastest growing. College drops Graphic Design course (for Digital Design). Have diploma for course college no longer teaches.

I recently built a gaming/htpc and shocked how good it works. Was thinking of selling mac as Win10 isn't bad, but my machine only fetching $400 on ebay and this thing still runs like a dream so fuck that. Guess I'll just keep both. OSX is still my preferred OS by far.
>>
>>52853302
Use prezto instead of ohmyzsh.
It's way faster.
>>
>>52861129
if its just for notes and shit...how about a chromebook?
>>
>>52873937
hey asshole nice choice of font. i really like how it screams "i'm a basic nerd bitch who doesn't understand readability"
>>
>>52849854

>tried friend's MacBook Pro
>holy shit that trackpad
And the rest is history.
>>
>>52849854
>be me
>be in notebook, grade 11
>school hands out MacBook air to all grade 11 and upwards
>finish 12 grade
>school offers me to pay 700 SEK for the laptop and keep it or give it back
>had no other laptop at home and needed a powerful one for college since I would be getting in engineering major
>bought it
When they have it to me I had never used a Mac and was full anti-Mac
I didn't know what I was missing

I don't like iPhones though
I prefer Android
It's more computerish, I can broswse files, compress and uncompress rar zip etc, external sd I can unmount and connect to the pc to transfer files so I don't need a stupid slow ass software like iTunes, Sony pc companion or lg pc suite
And the list goes on
But
>>
>>52880580
Fuck me
>be in high school, grade 11
How the fuck did the phone even autocorrect that to notebook
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.