[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aside from the 'no apps' meme and botnet, what do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 22
File: lumia-640-xl-hero-cyan.jpg (263 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
lumia-640-xl-hero-cyan.jpg
263 KB, 1600x1200
Aside from the 'no apps' meme and botnet, what do you not like about Windows Phone?
>>
Isn't that reason enough?
>>
The UI
>>
>>52849394
I think I had an early W7 phone. UI was clunky, very limited and it just felt like you were missing a lot of options. Very restricted. It also looks pretty bland and monotone and ultimately depressing even.
>>
>>52849394
>>52849431
I tried out a W7 phone and I absolutely hated how everything blended together to the point where you had problems navigating the menu and options. Everything being lowercase also looked retarded.

The home screen feature and being able to set all your apps like in OP's picture is quite frankly the only nice things about those phones.
>>
File: Daughter.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Daughter.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
Had a 521 and 1520, at the current moment I have a note 5 and I know I'm never going back to ass fuck Windows, the limited amount of features from every Lumia device is embarrassing, Windows lacks support on several file types. I eventually ended up putting W10 on the 1520 and actually really enjoyed the UI but the lack of features was still present.
>>
File: Aliens_Sentry.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Aliens_Sentry.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>52849352
For me the worst thing is that Windows 10 Mobile still is in a freaking Beta status which really is unjustifiable for a basic mobile OS.

WP8 and 8.1 were all right aside from the no apps meme.

Still, I'll stick to Android because I can fiddle around with it more than I could on a WP device.
>>
static ip
>>
I use a WP at work. It's not just the lack of app support, the MS apps are also trash.
All I care about are emails, meetings, calls and shit like that.
Unfortunately the mail app is complete trash, like literally.
The calender app is barely usable, okay if you just want to check what meeting comes next.

>>52849559
>Windows 10 Mobile still is in a freaking Beta
Rumors say MS fucked up the optimization and can't get WP10 to run properly on low end devices.
>>
File: hotdog.jpg (43 KB, 634x450) Image search: [Google]
hotdog.jpg
43 KB, 634x450
>>52849551
Forgot to mention no (working) e621 app which is a big part of my life.
>>
>>52849352
>paying premium price for a dumbphone
Even Lumia 435 is not worth it right now, we have superior chink phones with Xiaomi, Alcatel and Huawei
>>
>>52849598
Somehow it feels slower even on high end devices see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJXlI-g3Hd8
>>
>>52849352
Maybe botnet I could pass if the majority of options can't be turned off, but the fact that it has no apps and the ones it does are usually shit, that's I can't pass. Those two are enough of a reason to not buy a Windows phone. More reason just add more salt to the wound.
>>
File: Cakid1uWcAAt6aq.png (68 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
Cakid1uWcAAt6aq.png
68 KB, 600x1067
>>52849598
My main complaint isn't primarily with performance but with functionality. There still are many app-crashes in the supposed "release" version of W10M.

Now and then it doesn't load icons or fails to open an app.

But seriously, a Mobile-OS whose performance is influenced by the wallpaper you have applied shouldn't have a right to exist.
>>
File: CaiybIDWIAIDtiX.png (524 KB, 600x1067) Image search: [Google]
CaiybIDWIAIDtiX.png
524 KB, 600x1067
>>52849710
>release version
>>
>>52849732
Looks like at least WhatsApp seems to send push notifications in WP10
>>
>>52849780
Working well on my 8.1 phone
>>
I've used a windows phone for the past 1,5 years:
- Crashes / hangs about once a week, need to remove battery to resolve.
- Screen sometimes doesn't turn itself off when inactive
- Alot of basic functions missing. example: photos don't show day/time taken.
>>
>>52849352
when it first came out it looked better than iOS, but that ship has sailed
>>
>>52849352
i have a 735 which i bought 2 months ago and im starting to regret it. As someone said here once, its treated as a third option os and every app just reflects that, even the facecuck app is shit. Whatsapp sometimes doesnt connect and when you receive the notification its been like 30 mins. You have to do mostly everything through the browser (even youtube). MS apps are also shit, the default video app (which you cannot change) doesnt let you skip by pressing on the bar.

Hardware: fucking tap to wake works 50% of the time. The phone has an notification led but its disabled by software (???). No USB OTG. Battery life is fine.
In my country and with my budget, my options were a w phone (735 or a 640) or an lg spirit and since everyone kept complaining about lagdroid i decided to try windows. The only thing that i like is the camera, it works ok and actually takes better pics than the lg (my brother has it)
>>
>>52849990
Well, compared to your other options you made the right choice, don't worry.
>>
File: aaa.png (22 KB, 720x255) Image search: [Google]
aaa.png
22 KB, 720x255
I have a question, my phone seems to use both the 3g connection and wifi at the sime time. Is this a feature? can I turn that off? I have a shit data plan and prefer to use just the wifi.
>>
I got plenty of apps on my 1520
>>
>>52850080
It may happen if your wifi connection is shitty. Check your SIM settings for how the phone should behave on a limited wifi connection.
>>
It doesn't look and feel premium enough.
>>
>>52849633
>premium price
Most Lumias are dirt cheap. Windows mobile runs incredibly well on limited hardware compared to Android.

>dumbphone
I don't understand this meme. Windows phones do exactly the same smartphone shit as Android/iOS, you're just not locked to Google shit.

I suppose you can't live without either of those if you rely on Google for everything.
>>
>>52850184
are you a woman/faggot?
>>
>>52849352
it's a literal 'me too' OS that exists just so the other two mobile-OS companies don't split the market between them

they're betting the farm on people wanting to use the same apps on the desktop as they do on their phone, and still haven't explained why people would want that or why they think it's a good thing

there is literally nothing for normal people to get excited or interested about that isn't already offered by the other mobile device companies. none whatsoever.
>>
>>52850221
>Windows phones do exactly the same
Well, actually they don't. The build in MS apps are shit. And third party apps are nonexistent.
>>
Warning! This shit post contains flashing images.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/joe-belfiore-on-why-he-uses-an-iphone-2016-1

What the fuck happened to this place man. It used to be cool but now it's shill heaven.

You should all be fucking ashamed of yourselves.

Now fuck off.
>>
>>52849352
No apps isn't a meme. I purchase my smartphone to run apps, so not being able to run them is sort of a massive fucking flaw
>>
I had the 735 and I was pleased with it.
OS was snappy and fast, apps were pretty, everything I wanted was there, tileart is a thing, is okay
>>
>>52850221
>Windows phones do exactly the same smartphone shit as Android/iOS
Almost take this post seriously, that was a subtle b8
>>
File: failboat.jpg (33 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
failboat.jpg
33 KB, 480x360
Even webOS was better than Windows Mobile is now.

Fucking no app development is kill and the sooner Microsoft realise this the better we can all put this meme shit to bed.
>>
I haven't used WP10 but in WP8.1 the browser wasn't that good. Incompatible with a few sites.

I do love how cheap the Lumia 640 is though.
>>
I have a 635. The only real thing it has going is that it is durable. Mine fell off a moving car travelling at 100km/hr on a highway (don't ask) and the only damage is a few scratches on the back.

It's stuck with bing, there are little to no apps, and the explorer occasionally likes to shut down without warning, incompatible with java sites, not to mention being slow at times (it started out fast). Opening the camera can be slow too, expect to wait upwards of 5seconds to open that.

Recommendation - don't buy. Get a chink phone like >>52849633 said
>>
>>52850407
That's mostly ~web devs~ fault for spoofing user-agents.

>>52850355
I'm sorry, how was that b8? I can mail, text, use IM, social networking, media consumption, make phone and video calls, read docs and pdfs, take excellent photos with my 930, gayme, use remote desktop and other things I can't remember now.

What exactly doesn't it do?
>>
>>52849352
Which apps are missing from the windows phone ecosystem exactly? You can browse, chat, listen to music, take photos etc
>>
>>52850679
>ib4 snapchad
>>
>>52850679
Browsing is shit and slow.
Taking photos is the same.
The phone heats up when talking to someone, sometimes to the point where you can't hold it against your ear.
No complaints against music, except it's the Xbox system.

The only thing it has going is that it is the lada of phones.

This guy btw >>52850616
>>
>>52849352

No apps isn't a meme, it's just a statement of fact
>>
>>52850679
Torrent, a good facebook, snapchat, waze(to view police) bank apps to deposit checks, my schools app, and i could go on but its not worth it
>>
>>52850679
>>52850624

pajeet, my son
>>
File: 1.jpg (222 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
222 KB, 1440x2560
>>52850787
There are many torrent apps, torrex, wptorrent and more. They work well and allow streaming etc.
My banks are supported via dedicated apps. Waze also.
>>
>>52850787
>waze(to view police)
Stop being a criminal and follow your city traffic rules.
>>
>>52849780
This is one thing that shit me off about wp8 and 8.1. Notifications. They were always late and slow and never on time thus fucking me up all the time. The Skype client on the damn thing didn't even work properly.
>>
File: 3gpd-jx92J4.jpg (28 KB, 502x412) Image search: [Google]
3gpd-jx92J4.jpg
28 KB, 502x412
>>52851190
>8.1 on Lumia 640(if that even matters)
>Receive message on Skype
>It appears in the notifications
>Open Skype app
>No message to be found

THEN WHO WAS SKYPE?
>>
>>52849352
You already said everything. If i wanted a phone that can only make phone calls i'd get a flip phone for 10$
>>
>>52849626
there's an app called booru. You can filter TBIB with user:e621
>>
>>52851390
But windows phones do everything other smartphones do and have all the necessary useful apps, just without the bloated store full of useless apps.
>>
>>52849352
No pebble support :^)
>>
>>52849352
I have a 625, shittest thing ever. The build of the phone is nice (because Nokia) and the battery lasts 2 days. the home screen is very nice, basically a start bar, but the lack of any apps is awful. even facebook is 3 versions behind android. I want a 1020 cause of its metal camera, but windows phone is just shite. settings are impossible to navigate, it's slow as fuck and difficult to anything on it
>>
>>52851076
>There are many torrent apps, torrex, wptorrent and more
do these torrent apps allow me to download the files while I'm doing something else on the phone? like navigating or on a call?
>>
>>52851290
>>52851190

skype is a shit
>>
>>52849352
I don't care about the bot net. I use Windows 10, Android and Chrome for fuck sake.

I just fucking hate those live tiles. They are ugly as fuck. They haven't added any new functionality to them since they first introduced them. Yes the lack of apps is shit as well but the main thing I hate about it is how it looks. Sorry but live tiles are not any better than widgets or gadgets or whatever the fuck you want to call them. My Android phone can do that and at least I can customise how it looks to my liking.

As for Windows 10 on my computer, I just use it like I did Windows 7. I avoid all the modern app bullshit. I have my old Win32 apps that I like and I just use them with everything else disabled as much as I can without using third party tools. I would use Linux but I am just too fucking lazy to bother with it.
>>
>>52851136
Many cities' rules are purposely ridiculous just to use ticketing as a steady revenue source.

I don't know about that anon's situation, but in those cases it's totally fair to outjew the jews.
>>
>>52850624
Smartphones do much more now.

They can control lights in your house, they can connect to almost every fitness tracker, they can stream video, they can be connected to a Chromecast, you can custom your phone keyboard, you can use it to auto detect when you are driving and auto connect to your car Bluetooth, you can play almost every video codec and format, you can use your smartphone to read comics, you are not restricted to use 3rd party apps, you can take notes with Evernote and Onenote whom are better and more powerful in iOS and Android, you can use other clients, like Hangouts and iOS blue bubbles, you are not restricted to UC Browser and Edge only and you can install extensions on Firefox for iOS an Android, you can get FOSS apps in F-droid, you have Xpsed modules, you have Ad-away to hide ads, you can get streaming video apps, now phones at premium price has fingerprint sensor and you can pay using their NFC
>>
>>52852302
Fortunately I do none of those memes.
>>
>>52850624
>That's mostly ~web devs~ fault for spoofing user-agents.

It's Microsoft who fucked with its user-agent strings.

>"Hurr we'll just call IE "Mozilla" becasue derp"
>>
>>52849352
best battery life out of any phone I've owned and never lags

good enough for me
>>
>>52852302
Implying IoT is a good thing. Fuck right off
>>
>>52852595
It was either that or have a web page render like on a Nokia C3
>>
>>52849551
>touchwizz
>>
>>52852744
Better close yourself in literally botnet Windows Phone ecosystem am I right?
>>
>>52849598
Same I have some lumia work phone, it's crap. We had blackberrys before that and they were a much better work phone.
>>
>>52849352
I still haven't found a way to hide files.
Pretty annoying.
>>
>>52849352
it's fucking shit
>>
The fact that it has feature phone functionality at best
>>
> Microsoft
A company that never listens to their consumers

I don't expect much from them, so I don't get disappointed that easily
>>
>>52854105
Also

> A company that locks its system as tight as a trans pussy
>>
>>52849352
>implying that having no apps isn't a problem
>>
>>52849589
>static IP
what does your IP have to do with the OS on your fucking phone you tech illiterate faggot
leave /g/ forever
>>
I think no apps is reason enough, but considering the botnet, generally shit hardware offerings, janky ass boxy UI, I'll never consider buying one again. I did have a Lumia 521 briefly when I was between phones. It was shit.

Also Microsoft is the Soviet Union of technology. I'm not a freetard either; I'll gladly use Google products and services, some Apple products.
>>
Why is there so many Sundar in this thread?

there were no Google shills in previous thread
>>
>>52854105
That's why it Groove team keeps adding features people suggest on Twitter
>>
>>52854414
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FInsacQ_D8

Even WinBeta shills are having problems trying to use Windows their podcasts are depressing bashing and making fun of Microsoft
>>
>>52854917
I've notice these issues aswell but you have to give groove team credits for actually working hard to add features. Give them sometime to polish the app
>>
File: nice_driver_support.jpg (107 KB, 580x346) Image search: [Google]
nice_driver_support.jpg
107 KB, 580x346
Aside from the smoothness meme, what should you like about Windows Phone?
>>
>>52855309
being a winkid
>>
>>52849352
There was this video that summed it up, basically it is broken and horrible shit that doesn't work at all.
>>
>>52855309
the fact that no one likes them. seriously, now that the Turing phone is using sailfish os instead of Android I'm betting there are going to be tons of cocksucking threads here.
>>
>Aside from the 'no apps' mem
I only need a handful of apps anyways.
as long as it has those covered, who cares ?

I don't care for the tiles personally.

I am willing to give it a shot since my dads phone might be crapping out on him, so a new windows phone won't break the bank.
>>
I can't do this on Windows phone
>>
>>52849848
You can look at details of photos, plus the photo app organizes the photos by date.
>>
>>52856080
You could do something similar with W10M's transparent tiles. Someone keeps posting their Asuka home screen in threads, doesn't look bad at all.

No apps is not just a meme, it's a lived reality. My bank app was just a web wrapper that was missing major functionality. Even the default apps like clock are barebones and buggy.

What really drove me away from WP was the Maps application, it sourced Bing and all the directions were wrong. HERE Maps didn't even have transit directions for my city.

For keks you should visit r/windowsphone. It's full of either depressed users or fanboys/shills who think Microsoft can do no wrong.
>>
>>52856080
Why would you want to?

If anyone saw you with that they would probably call the cops.
>>
File: wp_ss_20140810_0001.png (322 KB, 480x800) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20140810_0001.png
322 KB, 480x800
I miss my Lumia 520 desu. It was slow as fuck because dual core but the OS is beautiful and the moment you get back to Android because of the no apps meme you miss how well designed WP is in general. I basically need a 3rd party app for everything I could do in WP out of the bat, and the Play Store is filled with shit.

I only use my smartphone to play some shitty game like 2048, listen to music and read books. I'm selling my Moto G and buying a Lumia 640.
>>
Windows Phones are perfect for older people, poorer people, and people who don't use their phone for much more than basic functions.

Unlike Android, Windows Mobile runs very well on budget phones.

I like Windows phones a lot actually, they're very comfy. I just prefer Android as a heavy smartphone user.
>>
>>52849352
I have to tolerate Windows on my computer, why would I want it on my phone too?
>>
>>52856988
As a WP user (Lumia 640) I can confirm this.

All I do with it is call, text, browse the internet, social networking, listen to music, jotting down notes, and use GPS. Basically general smartphone shit. If I did more than this I'd probably need something like Android. Many of the official apps, like eBay and Amazon, lack features for power users, and the store is simply devoid of apps for power users in general.

However for general smartphone shit, the WP is a wonderful experience. I can't go back to Android.
>>
>>52857063
Satellite Nutella killed WP

He's the Indian shill we don't need in MS
>>
Tiles
>>
>>52857123
Tiles > Tiny icons
>>
>>52857132
nah
>>
>>52857181
yeah
>>
>>52857237
alright you got me
>>
>>52852744
>>52852557
>Functionality is memes

Seriously what is wrong with /g/ these days
>>
>>52857654
>They their phone connected to the garage, lights of their house and their most basic everyday needs
>>
>>52857654
Do you really need your phone to turn your lights on for you, feed your cats, tell you when your bath water is warm, tell you when you're out of laundry detergent, and other utterly useless shit?
>>
>>52857782
People like that are the next level of cringe.
>>
>>52849352
>No apps.
>Botnet.
>What's not to like?
We need to have a serious talk, young man.
>>
File: 1437313912551.png (276 KB, 586x634) Image search: [Google]
1437313912551.png
276 KB, 586x634
>>52849352
Bought into the android meme and I dislike it.

The interface is a clusterfuck. Every app uses a different interface and behaves differently. Making your phone look good is a fucking hassle.

Apps occasionally lag. Almost every important app is also available on WP and 99% of the android market apps ist just crap and bloatware.

Android users are just salty. I don't get why they love it so much.
>>
>>52849352
>Aside from being absolute fucking shit, what do you not like about Windows Phone!
>>
ansolutely nothing different or interesting about it...just one more smartphone slab...same as the rest.
>>
File: 1454395710216.jpg (9 KB, 250x230) Image search: [Google]
1454395710216.jpg
9 KB, 250x230
>>52856080
>not getting rid of ugly app icons and making invisible tiles on her charm points to launch them shits
>>
https://tileartguy.wordpress.com/
> looks beautiful
>>
>>52851457
>using the smiley with a carat nose
>>
>>52849352
Any browser hangs on pages with many images (5 images, that is too many for this shit) and crashes.
Hangs a lot, WhatsApp crashes. It reboots itself a lot. Claims sdcard corruption a lot. Even after repairing (works fine on other Android phones). WhatsApp claims the device has to be restarted due to some connection issues.

Camera is too slow to open. And too slow to show you the picture you just took (it hangs, a lot).

Adobe Reader most of the times replaces the previous time you opened the same PDF and starts over from the first page, making reading a book a torturous experience. And the Microsoft Reader rendering speed on zoom is too slow, also it looks bad.

If you play a music file, you get the music player widget stuck in volume widget of the top of the screen, and it's gigantic for three buttons and the song name. The only way to close it is rebooting the cellphone. If your Windows Phone has a small screen you would feel my pain too.

WhatsApp on Windows Phone still doesn't have a way to search text into conversations. Something WhatsApp in Android has since 2012.
(I have only WhatsApp and two apps more installed, plenty of free space and I don't use any live tile, cellphone still hangs and runs as a turtle)

I will never buy a Nokia Lumia again, neither a Microsoft Lumia.
>>
Almost nothing.

1 Maybe a less crowded settings menu, but that's has been resolved with Windows Mobile 10.

2 Bluetooth top widget only enables it instead of opening its settings

3 fucking no top widget for enabling/disabling 3g

>>52849990
> The phone has an notification led
Which will be enabled in the final release of Windows 10, RTFM ffs

>>52850080
That's only the notification that your phone is connected thru 3g, but it's not actively using, it. Again: RTFM FOR FUCK'S SAKE

/g/ these days is indeed filled with normies and school children.

>>52867057
>If you play a music file, you get the music player widget stuck in volume widget of the top of the screen
Untrue.
>>
>>52849352
it's slow as shit because MS can't into ARM
>>
>>52867177
>If you play a music file, you get the music player widget stuck in volume widget of the top of the screen
That is true. In Windows Phone 8 and 8.1.
>>
>>52867177
Notification leds work on Android 2.3.3. Have a Xperia Neo V. You can assign from different colors for different notifications and contacts.

What the fuck are you defending, Windows Phone still has not implemented functionality present five years ago in another mobile OS's. They have no excuse.
>>
>>52867057
Forgot something, if you have the audio at 0. Apps still can make static noise on the speaker. If you seek on a video and press play you also get this static played on the speaker. Games do the same.

You can't see webms without downloading them first and playing them on VLC.
>>
>>52867177
holy fuck pajeet, stop defending this shit man. They havent even confirmed the led thing, its all suppositions made by shit review pages.
Also long press on top widgets should take you to its settings but seems like windows devs think you dont need that.
>>
File: 918201370415PM_635_iphone-5c.jpg (27 KB, 635x476) Image search: [Google]
918201370415PM_635_iphone-5c.jpg
27 KB, 635x476
Someone know a good software to unlock an iphone 5c ? or a trustable website?
>>
I used to like WP and used to shill for free but HOLY FUCK. PAJEET YOU'RE A FUCKING TOOL. GET A REAL JOB.
>>
>>52849352
I can never forgive it for the killing Nokia's Linux initiatives. That there has been no real successor to the Nokia N900 on the market in the US is a crime.
>>
>>52849352
The Microsoft/Nokia phones are nice tech. I have the older 630 DS model and am super-happy with it.
The problem is the direction. WP10 is buggier and lamer than WP8.1. It's like Microsoft is intentionally watering down all the WP8.1 features that made it awesome. Now it's just a POS Android clone.
>>
>>52850679
>Which apps are missing from the windows phone ecosystem exactly?
How about when you go traveling? Museums, transit systems, tourist bureaus, they all have iPhone apps that let you walk around town like a native.
What does WP10 have? Nothing. None of those little speciality apps. None.
>>
>>52850392
Looks like WP10 is easier to develop for than WP7/8. No need to sign up for accounts and shit and outside of a sideload program for PC its pretty much the same steps to deploy your janky homebrew apps to your phone as Android

the question is will anyone jump to the call and code more shit for WP? My guess is no unfortunately

Lumia 1520 for life
>>
>>52856176
>HERE Maps didn't even have transit directions for my city.
Oh man, now I remember why I bought my Windows Phone! It's because of HERE Maps. Those are awesome apps, and my guess is that they still run best on WindowsPhone OS than on Android or iOS.
>>
>>52867057
>WhatsApp on Windows Phone still doesn't have a way to search text into conversations
Yes, it does

>Adobe Reader most of the times replaces the previous time you opened the same PDF and starts over from the first page, making reading a book a torturous experience. And the Microsoft Reader rendering speed on zoom is too slow, also it looks bad.
Xodo is a better alternative

>WhatsApp claims the device has to be restarted due to some connection issues.
App issue. I get notifications from everything else just fine.

>Any browser hangs on pages with many images (5 images, that is too many for this shit) and crashes.
Looks like you have the lowest end phone available

>Camera is too slow to open. And too slow to show you the picture you just took (it hangs, a lot).
Never had this issue. I use a 640.

>>52867177
>fucking no top widget for enabling/disabling 3g
Yes, there is

>>52867788
The Here suite is pretty good
>>
>>52867835
Sure, developers might be happier but users really get the short end of the stick. It's like a Soviet tractor factory celebrating an internal procedure that increases productivity. Why would the workers care?
>>
>>52864738
Nice find, anon. Thanks.
>>
>>52867898
>The Here suite is pretty good
No kidding! My WP8 had the HERE navigation program on it (HERE Drive Plus?).
That thing was cheaper than a purpose-built Garmin Nav Device. It was like getting a smartphone for free.
>>
Is anyone else here a listener to the AAWP podcast? Those guys are awesome. I like the guy who doesn't drone on and on.
>>
>>52867520
>one know a good software to unlock an iphone 5c ? or a trustable website?

Return the phone Tyrone
>>
>>52849352
Does Lumia 640 have Firefox?
>>
>>52867942
you are welcome senpai
>>
>>52855309
I hate to say it, but it just works. I like the UI, I don't need a shitload of apps, what I need is there and outside of the default music and web browser app in WP10 and the inability to save animated gifs and webms (I think, last time I tried was before webms and ani gifs saved as just the first frame, I could be wrong now) nothing crashes, clogs the phone up or gives me issues. The battery life is phenomenal but thats a device thing and I can't really use that to boost my opinion for WP or Andoid/iOS one way or the other

to be fair though, I've never had an issue with my Android phones either and I'll gladly flip between whatever I wanna use, as long as it gets the job done

>>52867914
I'm not following you analogy man? Most end users don't give a fuck about sideloading apps, as long a the core suite of apps (Social media, camera, texting, maybe video chat, calling, internet that doesn't take 3 days to render a web page holy shit Edge get your shit together) are there. Better developer support means that folks have an easier time publishing apps, but without incentive to do so it really is a moot point
>>
File: tips.png (331 KB, 474x432) Image search: [Google]
tips.png
331 KB, 474x432
>Windows Phone is bad
>>
File: wp_ss_20160208_0004.png (326 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
wp_ss_20160208_0004.png
326 KB, 1440x2560
>>52849352
Posting this from my Lumia 950. I dont regret buying this device but I do have some mixed feelings about the software.

I have a love/hate relationship the keyboard. Specifically I don't like swipe texting on it. Typing normally is fine, but swiping is outright awful and the keyboard doesn't recognize words half the time. Either it'll cone up with nothing or it'll cone up with a ton of suggestions but won't put anything in an input box.

Something else is that outlook isn't very good at rendering emails on a phone screen. It doesn't even try to make them fit the screen like, say, Gmail on android does. At least the 950 has an unreasonably high resolution, so text stays sharp and readable when I zoom way the hell out on my emails to male them fit the screen. I dont want to think about what this is like on lower end devices with less than 720p screens.

Next is the messaging app. Mostly what I don't like about this is that it's a bit buggy. Sometimes it doesn't properly receive skype messages until I open a conversation, at which point it'll go right ahead and sync all messages up to the latest one. This seems to be mostly related to group chats though, private conversations are fine.
Skype contact syncing on the other hand is just completely broken. I've added two new contacts since I got this phone. I added both from my computer like usual. The first one initially went on my phone as an outlook contact, but skype messages were received just fine for it on the phone regardless. However, the messaging app insisted for a good 30 minutes that it was definitely not a skype contact, and kept trying to send normal texts to a skype name. This issue solved itself after those 30 or so minutes, though.
Now the second contact had the same issue, only it did not sort itself out. I had to remove and re-add this contact on my phone for the messaging app to properly recognize it as a skype contact.

Those are the only big things I can think of that I don't like right now
>>
Ex 830 owner here

I mostly had all the apps I needed, the problem was that they were usually less polished than their Android counterparts

Also the notifications are pants on head retarded
>be in group chat
>329384539475 messages per second

Windows Phone
>each individual message gets it's own notification

Android
>single notification per each chat thread
>>
I had a 950 and I'm happy with it.
"No Apps" is indeed a meme. I was planning on making some to fill whatever apps were missing and make some money off of it, but I haven't found anything missing. The only thing I haven't found is a costa vida rewards app, but who cares
>>
Tiles are so much better than icons.
iOS seems ancient in comparison to the Metro UI.
>>
File: 2016-02-08_20-02-47.png (684 KB, 933x505) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-08_20-02-47.png
684 KB, 933x505
>>52849667
>one set of nav keys on the bottom
>each app screenshot also gets it's own

the fuck?

at least Android can discern between the app and the System UI, instead of just taking a screenshot of the entire screen
>>
>>52867962
I'll check it out.

>>52868018
Mozilla only released Firefox for Android and iOS
>>
>>52868166
(>>52868120 here)

I will admit that the Start Screen was my favorite part of WP8.1

Too bad the butchered the good looking People tile in WP10
>>
>>52868183
Swipe up from the bottom idiot
>>
>>52868079
Oh yeah and the os in general is kinda buggy.
I dislike how microsoft shipped the new lumias with WP10 rather than 8.1 with 10 as an optional update for insider previews, but that's more on microsoft than the os itself. WP10 looks promising, but it feels and acts like a beta with other minor bugs than the ones I mentioned in that post here and there, and should be advertised as such. I dont mind beta testing and reporting bugs and I would probably have jumped right on insider previews for 10 if my 950 had shipped with 8.1, but WP10 is far from ready for the average user.
>>
>>52868207
That's not the point

WP just takes a screenshot of the entire screen for the app switcher, which gives you multiple nav bars and status bars

Android only takes a screenshot of the app, so no nav bar or status bar
>>
Can I code for it w/o Windows?
>>
Fuck tiles OP
>>
>>52868247
I don't think so
>>
>>52868247
nope, you need Visual Studio
>>
>>52868211
Microsoft has been into smartphones long before smartphones were even a thing. And guess what? Microsoft keeps screwing up.

WP7 had potential.
WP8 was better.
WP8.1 was better still.

And now? It's back to the stone ages for Microsoft. Another half decade working on something "better" which is actually worse.
>>
This bothers me

>WM6.5

>Let's start fresh with WP7 (also fuck your updates)

>WP7.5 (or whatever)

>Let's start fresh with WP8 (also fuck your updates)

>WP8.1

>Let's start fresh with W10M (but look, you can update to it!)

fuck that
>>
>>52868268
>>52868269
Well, then, there's my answer, OP.
>>
>>52849352
because it's shit.
No apps in not a meme.
They reboot it each year
They removed everything good from WP8.1
W10 is somehow slower and uglier than WP8.1
They make it worse and worse with each year, asking users to wait just a little bit more
>>
>>52868338
No kidding. I was promised that my Lumia 630 would be upgradable to WP10. You know what? It isn't and it will never be.
Feels bad, man.
>>
>>52868384
>No apps in not a meme.
Beside teenage-nude-chat what are missing?
>>
>>52868391
630 is getting w10m though
>>
>>52868411
Bank apps
>>
>>52868411
banks, some of local apps I use. bonus point: Steam, because Valve is so kind and open they use their own proprietary standard for authentication.

And most of apps I use on Android aren't from 1st party on WP, it's some guy in a basement getting all my info.
>>
>>52849352
Resuming... Is quite bad on both 8 and 10 on the lower end models.
If I had to make the choice again I'd have gotten a refurbished/used 5C for the money.

>>52849598
Runs fine with me and I'm on a 535 which is probably the lowest-end wp10 device around

>>52867177
>That's only the notification that your phone is connected thru 3g, but it's not actively using, it.
No, you. That is the notification that 3G is available. Try turning mobile data off and it'll still be there. The connected thing is on top of the signal strength
>>
>>52868285
I never got to use WP8.1, so I can't comment on how much worse WP10 is.
I will say though, I'm mostly happy with WP10. Overall I like it better than Android, it's a refreshing experience after using Android ever since the HTC Desire Z was released. I'm not missing any apps, and there are a lot of things I like more about WP10. Also a few things I'm missing, such as Gmail being a good email client on mobile though.
But WP10 was definitely released way too early. It's buggy, a bit unstable, and not at all ready to be considered a finished product.
>>
>>52868190
Firefox was never released for iOS, silly anon.
>>
>>52849352
>"no apps meme"
How is that a meme if it's true?
>>
>>52869096
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/ios/
>>
My smartphone history:
- Xperia S
- Lumia 630
- Lumia 640 XL
Windows Phone is the best bang for the buck. I payed 120 Euro for the 630, which I killed by getting it wet and 180 Euro for the 640 XL, which I'm using atm. Besides from that I don't really like it but it works and I'm not a huge smartphone person. I can browse the web, read my mails and use it as a phone. I nearly bought a Jolla but now I'm kind of glad I didn't. When my 640 XL dies I don't think I'll get another WP.
>>
>>52869211
I paid 150€ for my Nexus 5 :^)
>>
>>52869235
That's nice for you!
>>
>>52869266
thanks

I also paid around 150€ (with 2yr contract) for my old Lumia 830, which had much worse specs (save for the camera)
>>
>>52869235
I paid $30 Americans rupees for my 640
>>
Too many restrictions on app development cripples any chance they had of creating their own brand. It honestly sucks, because if they catered to the poorer, and created the WP "culture" then they might've been able to stay at least somewhat relevant.
>>
File: Untitled-1.png (165 KB, 492x488) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.png
165 KB, 492x488
>>52855309
Fast, isn't a visual clusterfuck like android, isn't owned by jewgle
Seriously who approved this shit
>>
>>52869392
Nobody said the ICS/HC one was confusing

The new one conforms to Material Design, which became a thing in 5.0 (just like the task switcher)
>>
>>52869392
>No apps
>botnet

Tho =(
>>
>>52869392
>isn't owned by jewgle
because Microshaft is so much better, right?
>>
>>52868240
Windows 10 is half baked senpai
>>
>>52869443
Yes, they don't charge me a subscription to fucking minimize apps
>>
>>52869465
u wot m8?
>>
>>52869484
YouTube Red
>>
>>52869493
Ah yes, I forgot YouTube was the only YT app allowed on Android ever.
>>
>>52869465
>>52869493
Subscription to minimize apps and subscription to play YT in the background is not even nearly the same thing
>>
>>52869509
I don't give a shit, it's the principle that matters
Google spies on you just as much, if not more than MS, AND they're after your money too
Not to mention most of their products are worse than MS's, gmail doesn't let you set an alias or change your address, Google now doesn't let you manually track a package, they put ads in gmail's app, they're just shit at everything
>>
>>52869465
You mean vs not being able to have apps in the background at all on WP :^D
>>
>>52869577
Metrotube had this feature long before YT Red. This might be a reason why Google tried to pull off 3rd party clients from WP8. But most likely they're just dicks.
>>
>>52869235
>>
>>52869648
Actually, they tried to pull them because they didn't use the official public APIs IIRC
>>
>>52869643
>>
>>52869591
>they're after your money too
>they put ads in gmail's app
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/ad-free-outlook
>>
>>52869663
>>52869677
Does it enrage you? :^3
>>
>>52869679
There's no ads in the app dumbass
I can block the browser ads
>>
>>52869707
I can also block the ads in the app on my phone tho, so you don't have an argument there
>>
>>52849431
Because icons aren't bland....
>>
>>52869721
Sure, if you root it
Oh boy, sure is a great OS that I have to mod it to stop google's shilling
>>
>>52869737
>the homescreen is the entire UI
>>
>>52869703
>>
>>52869742
Nope
https://adguard.com/en/adguard-android/overview.html

Also I just checked

The "ads" in the app only happen in the "Promotions" tab

I turned all those tabs off to only have the main inbox
0 ads baby

Doesn't matter either way, since I use Inbox instead of the regular GMail app
>>
>>52869784
Still doesn't change the fact that they charge you to play videos in the background
No other company does that
>>
>>52869816
Just checked Vimeo, YT's competitor

They don't even let you play stuff in the background
>>
>>52869863
Okay? That's not the point I just made. They still don't ask you to pay up when you try to minimize it
>>
>>52869883
Actually
https://vimeo.com/forums/topic:278001

>If you are a Plus or PRO member, you can enable this feature by adding the following parameter to the end of the player URL in your embed code:

As in
>Pay us to play music in the background
>>
>>52869883
Started a music video on my Android phone
Clicked home
It didn't ask me to cough up $$$ to play music
>>
I have a love/hate relationship with my lumia 930. It's a nice phone and the apps that are actually there just werk. Then again sometimes it just feels limited and has weird instability issues.

MS has such a good OS on their hands, but it just feels unfinished and things like accessing my server or network shares is just virtually impossible. Then again the youtube app can just play in the background and WP isn't as full of ads and bullshit as android. In some areas it is also more capable (like being able to play videos/music from websites in the background).
>>
>>52869928
That was after I cleared the app's data, so there were no previous buttons I clicked
>>
File: Screenshot_20160208-154036.png (603 KB, 2160x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160208-154036.png
603 KB, 2160x1920
>>52869953
>>52869928
I just tried and got two different ones in a row
One while I was watching the video
>>
File: win98start.jpg (30 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
win98start.jpg
30 KB, 640x480
>>52849352
when i take my dog for a walk if the phone gets old it gets literally unusable, also if i start running or jump like 5 inch's off the ground the batter falls out the bak. and ounce the battery false out the bak it loss's almost 80% of its charge. also trying to put music or podcast on it is a mother fucking head ache.

>i fuking hate my phone.
>>
My biggest problem with WP:

Want to have quiet hours? Enable cortana

Want to enable cortana? Enable location service

ergo

Want to have quiet hours? Enable location services

the fuck?
>>
>>52870111
if the phone gets cold*
>>
>>52870112
Wait, really?
>>
>>52870300
Yeah, Quiet Hours are handled by Cortana for some inexplicable reason
>>
Fuck you Satya you Indian street shitter for ruining Windows 10 and fuck you again Satya Nutella and where's that guy with nice hair leading WP development?
Thread replies: 204
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.