[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Stuff that triggers you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13
File: 2.jpg (245 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
245 KB, 640x480
Here's a short story
>"hey anon, look what games i've got on my phone!! my friend is a hacker and he put them on it without paying"
I WANTED TO PUNCH HER SO MUCH

Also using phones with flip covers
>>
>>52657758
Careful with that edge, anon
>>
>>52657758
>Stuff that triggers you
for me it's stories about eye groping or men getting chosen for promotions in the workplace over womyn
>>
>>52657780
Thanks
>>
>>52657758
What's wrong with flip covers?

Also why didn't you correct your friend if it bugged you so much?
>>
>>52657758
>Also using phones with flip covers

This. Or just any cases/covers in general grind my fucking gears. Especially when they pay for their phone to be insured against accidental damage (Most people in the UK are covered by their bank accounts)
>>
>>52657758
>not respecting based hacker senpais
pleb detected
>>
File: autism.gif (1 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
autism.gif
1 MB, 600x338
>wanted to punch her so much
Holy shit op
There is a world outside /g/
>phones with flip covers
>triggers you
>stop liking what I don't like
>>
>>52657808
Flip covers annoy me so much when using my phone. Everytime i had to use the left hand just to keep the fucking thing still or to use the camera or i just can't grab the phone properly. Any other cover is fine for me though.

I tried to correct her but she wasn't even listening to me
>>
>>52657902
Technically, it was "hacked" though
Someone had to crack the apps before she could install them
>>
>>52657782
>eye groping
there is no such thing.
>>
>>52657758
My phone has a flip cover. It's great!
>>
>>52657926
>implying the guy didn't just type "appname apk" in google and downloaded it
I get what you mean tho
>>
"We should get Anonymous to solve this problem" - Every faggot ever.
>>
File: USB56KEM3.C.jpg (18 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
USB56KEM3.C.jpg
18 KB, 600x600
>plugging these in
>>
systemd
>>
>>52657931
Yes there is, it's practically rape.
>>
>>52657758
It's a free society.
You're entitled to your idiotic opinions.
>>
Retail worker here, a few things that trigger me:

>customers who think there is no such thing as passwords to access their emails
I have talked to a lot of these fucking retarded pieces of shits and every time I ask them for their email/pass so I can set up their email account on their PC, I want to set fire to orphanages and stab kittens.

>Just write down your email and password for the email account you want us to set up for you and we'll get started!
>"That's my email."
>... I also need the password.
>"What password? I don't have a password"
>Your email is always password protected. Do you have it written down somewhere, maybe?
>"But I don't have a password, I don't understand. I have never used one"
>If you're using an email client, it will most likely bypass the password check. That's probably why you haven't been asked for it before."
>"Yeah, but why do you need it now?"
>... so I can set up your new PC with the correct email.

Then it goes on until I nearly slit the customers throat, because fuck spending 10 minutes trying to explain that an email also has a password. That's only the people that are completely oblivious to passwords, though. The worst part is guiding them through a password reset, as they can take fucking forever.

I fucking hate this process so much that I've simply started using Mail PassView and bypassing all of it for my heart's sake. Wish I found that piece of software earlier.

Also, people who buy shit without listening to us for advice, then come back and complain about buying the wrong product / faulty products when they're clearly too stupid to realise what they've done wrong. Read a review the other day on a product on our website for a Brother mono laser printer. The fuckwit was disappointed and called it a "flaw" in the product that the printer, clearly advertised as a MONO, ONLY BLACK printer, didn't print colours.

Continuing rant below
>>
My sister got an iPhone6. She got a glass screen protector at the store when she bought it and they put it on.
It is fractionally not as wide as the screen. It is on perfectly straight, it just isn't quite as wide as the screen.

Why the fuck?
>>
>>52657758
"trigger" is my trigger word

I'm going to flip your shit
>>
>>52658254
I love retail stories.

Please continue anon.
>>
File: mailpv (1).gif (6 KB, 623x212) Image search: [Google]
mailpv (1).gif
6 KB, 623x212
>>52658254
Luckily there is no real security in Outlook.

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mailpv.html
>>
>>52658372
Sorry, didn't read the wall of text.
>>
>>52658102
>why won't it go in?
>flip it over
>it still won't go in
>fucking
>flip it over again
>it goes in
>it was properly oriented the first time
SKREEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52658254

Just ask for their phone password. It's most likely the same thing.
>>
>>52658254

Then there's the people who manage to get adware on their first day of using their computers and claim it was there when they bought it.

>Hi, what can I help you with?
>"This PC I bought yesterday has loads of popup stuff going on."
>Ok, let me check.
>Find all kinds of goodies, Ask Shopping Toolbar, Uniblue PC Mechanic, Ads by Shopping Deals, SMARTSHOPPER, YouTube Downoader, etc.
>Sir, I can tell by fact that this is software that does not come bundled with our PCs. It must have come from somewhere else.
>"But it was there when I first started it! Do you think I'm lying?"
>Sadly yes, these programmes must have been installed after setting up your PC.
>"I want to return it under warranty."
>Warranty does not cover this, sorry.
>"THEN I WANT IT FIXED FOR FREE, I AM A GOOD CUSTOMER, YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE ME"
>*quickly check our system for customer name, find a shitty TV they bought on sale four years ago and a Chromecast, valuable customer indeed*
>Sir, we would like to keep you as a customer here, but sadly this is not covered under warranty as it is considered a user error and our service policies for PC support is not free
>"Fine, I'll go to your competitor instead"

Customer proceeded to return the next week, returned the product to a coworker, who was completely unaware of our earlier engagement) under our 30 day refund policy, returned the next day and bough the same PC, again.

>>52658334
I have more stories. Can't sleep atm, so I might as well start rambling on for a few posts.

>>52658372
>>52658392
Yeah, thank fuck. It gets worse once they start using saved passwords in their browsers instead of dedicated clients.

>>52658435
I quite often forget this trick. Sadly, most people in my area use an email provider that strictly do not let anyone use their own self-generated passwords, only pre-generated. When it comes to setting up customer phones, there's like a 50% chance the customer knows their Gmail / iCloud / Microsoft-account password.
>>
>>52658255
IPhone 6 uses a 2.5D edge so the glass screen protector would straighten out this peeking away from the edge of the phone. My Galaxy S3 has the same problem as it also uses a 2.5D edge. Just imagine it like the GS6 Edge but almost flat. The screen protector has to cut off before the glass curves.
>>
>>52658718
>2.5D
Nice use of buzzwords bro. It's just fucking rounded glass.
>>
>>52658686
Cont: Let alone actually remembering their account emails in the first place. Of course, this is easy to check IF the phone works. If it's fucked, dead from water damages or the screen is too cracked to even use, etc. It's a nightmare.

A customer once dropped by with a dead iPhone. Asked the normal stuff, if they had a backup of their stuff, an iCloud account with all backup features enabled, etc.

Of course they did, but... which email was it? Commence wasting several minutes of my time trying to figure out which email they used instead of serving other customers who are now waiting in line because this one prick doesn't have control over their user account on their phone that they use EVERY GOD DAMN DAY AND ARE SHOWN EVERY TIME THEY INSTALL AND APP.
>>
>>52657782
>eye groping
You mean looking at someone for a brief moment?
>>
>>52658254
>We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey
>>
>>52657931
You're right, he's just a cis shill trying to normalize STARE RAPE.
>>
>>52657758
>I WANTED TO PUNCH HER SO MUCH
Well why didn't you, bitch nigga?
>>
>>52657758
>hacker
Why do faggots think they are the shit for following the steps of a youtube video?
>>
>>52658718
Na mate, bezels not included.
>>
File: spangebab.jpg (97 KB, 861x1170) Image search: [Google]
spangebab.jpg
97 KB, 861x1170
I'd have to say that my trigger, though contradicting to admit, is nerds who just can't let shit go. It's more embarrassing to watch someone backtrack a conversation just to correct a petty mistake.

Small story I can use for an example:

I've built and repaired many computers, from simple parts replacement down to reflow and other soldering work.

A man child criticized me and even attempted to derail my friends choice of letting me work on his computer because I didn't know the psu to motherboard was called a P1 connector, something he learned at city college.

Felt good when my friend told him to shut the fuck up.
>>
my only trigger is a neck slap. the rest of my life doesn't bother me
>>
File: q.jpg (1 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
1 MB, 3840x2160
>>52658860
If I could use pain as fuel, I would have enough energy stored to propell our planet Earth to another solar system.
>>
>>52659151
But then you would be a hero, and no more pain
>>
>>52658142
> DESTROYER OF WORLDS
>>
>>52658372
>MrBean
>BlueCar
Kek
>>
>>52657782
i stopped using eye groping because it's insensitive to kinaesthetic people

use the term casual rape
>>
File: Wale Bait.png (59 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Wale Bait.png
59 KB, 1000x1000
>>52657782
>>
>>52657758

people who put CDs and all its future variants face down on a surface, or put their thumb on the bottom while holding

also people with cracked screens (there was a guy at work with a big ass tablet and the entire fucking screen looked like a spider web)

and conversely idiots with the latest 2015+ phone of whatever manufacturer and then complains about the contract they're in and you ask for some more general use info to bring up TING and find out they literally barely use it as much as you do yours and so since they cant get out of the contract cause the phone is 600 dollars you just pretend to be sympathetic and nod

and finally, people who wont just fucking google it and you feel justified in your thoughts cause you didnt get your own computer/laptop till you were almost 25 and within 2 years you knew XP front to back and already had a corporate boot CD iso for it to reinstall for free without issue and all the gimmicks to get free Adobe Suites and Kaspersky Internet Suite an other shit

then not even 2 years later you already moved onto linux an learned all those various OS's all by googling an learning shit on your own
>>
>>52657902
>I tried to correct her
This is now a cringe thread.
>>
>>52658805
I feel you bro. Sometimes you just ask yourself how can people not just burn tech just by watching it
>>
>>52660064
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIMtJo88NCM
>>
>>52658404
usb super position
>>
File: 1440468022700.png (121 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1440468022700.png
121 KB, 500x500
>>52658686
>Yeah, thank fuck. It gets worse once they start using saved passwords in their browsers instead of dedicated clients.

This is all of my older relatives. Things go fine for months but eventually something will log them out and then nobody knows their password. Good thing the days of secret questions are behind us because they would have forgotten the answer to that as well.
>>
>>52660014
this
my contract phone was a fucking mistake that i wish i could take back.
>>
>>52660228

now im in a different boat which is my super cheap yet totally competent HTC 510 isnt fully supported by CM and the last guy working on the project appeared to have dropped it a few months ago and so its not fully stable yet

so now my next phone i get i'll make sure it has a stable port of a CM version
>>
>topic
smartphone can't do computer things myth

genuinly thinking rooting things is hacking (psp, phones) unless you are darkalex or somesuch and wrote the crack.

>eye groping
i'd be triggered if someone groped my eye aswell.
>>
>>52658102
>goes in the right way every time

I never have this problem because;

>The USB logo goes "right-side up" always, and it's easy to tell which way is "the right side" on pretty much any device
>I don't have devices or cables so abhorently knock-off (I'm not talking monoprice or whatever, that's fine, I'm talking WAY worse) that they don't follow this standard
>I haven't needed to plug in a USB device in other people's computers more than a handful of time in my lifetime
>>
>Fix an easily fixable software/hardware problem one time for somebody
>you become known as the computer guy, and get phone calls asking you to fix shit/set stuff up every-time somebody buys anything new/ downloads some toolbar/ spills water on their phone because they were fucking texting while eating

Also
>Fix a problem for somebody who doesn't know how to do anything
>They fuck it again, usually worse than they fucked it the first time
>Try to blame you
>>
>>52657782
Eye rape triggers me every day
>>
>>52660644
>you become known as the computer guy, and get phone calls asking you to fix shit/set stuff up every-time somebody buys anything new/ downloads some toolbar/ spills water on their phone because they were fucking texting while eating
I love this scenario.

Demand money for fixing things and either you get easy money or they'll stop bothering you.
>>
>>52660794
I usually don't do that, though I do bill them for any materials/equipment/schematics I have to purchase to do the job

Occasionally if its a huge problem I'll gently remind them that it took a lot of time to fix and get them to throw me some dosh

Still though, its fucking annoying, there's nothing like a spoiled 16 year old phoning you to scream at you about how her macbook is broken again, and how she gave you so much money to fix it when what's really happened is that you charged them £25 for schematics and parts and the second breakage has nothing to do with them
>>
>>52657758
Computer gore
>>
>>52660899
*has nothing to do with me
>>
>>52658254
You ask them to write down their password? Does that mean type it into the computer or literally write it down? I would advise against the latter if that is the case.
>>
File: 367 - g attention support tech.jpg (124 KB, 400x381) Image search: [Google]
367 - g attention support tech.jpg
124 KB, 400x381
>>52660644
>>
File: y_tho.jpg (4 KB, 174x174) Image search: [Google]
y_tho.jpg
4 KB, 174x174
>>52661074
>Telling an inside joke in an image macro
>>
>>52661074
>Thread about stuff that annoys you
>post something that annoys
>le memes
>>
File: ISHYGDDT.png (4 KB, 613x193) Image search: [Google]
ISHYGDDT.png
4 KB, 613x193
>>52661100
>>
>>52661131
>le
This triggers me. Please delete this so as to not trigger anyone else.
>>
File: e96[1].jpg (36 KB, 607x608) Image search: [Google]
e96[1].jpg
36 KB, 607x608
>>52657758
>I WANTED TO PUNCH HER SO MUCH
>>
This thread seems strange. Some of it seems like it could be frustrating, like if you work in retail and get the same problems over and over. Otherwise it just seems like kids trying to brag about how they know so much more than everyone else.

I have been in IT for a long time. I really enjoy helping people out. I enjoy teaching more. The vast majority of time i dont get the same question twice. They are happy that i explained it simply and are able to deal with it (and more) later on.

Am i the only one?
>>
>>52661358
>Am i the only one?
yes

repeat questions are common and as >>52660644 said. people will blame everything on you.
>>
>>52661404
Sounds more like the person hasent taught that person about what was wrong in the first place. Even at a high level it would help. Also, you should ask the person to do their own googling and only come to you if they are really stuck.

Make an effort to help them become self sustainable.
>>
>>52660644
How do people manage to spill fucking water on stuff anyways? I recline with my keyboard on my lap and I have never once spilled a drink on any keyboard I've owned, desk or lap position. And I eat/drink at my rig.
>>
>>52661494
I try to teach them, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't
It sounds like you work in a more professional environment, and so you're probably working with people that at least have some kind of technical knowledge or are at least used to trying to solve problems themselves and only look for help when they start to get out of their comfort zone

When you fix shit for people you know, or run a repair shop/work for a tech shop, most of the time they aren't interested in learning, and don't have any real knowledge of how technology actually works and have no interest in it except when it stops doing what its supposed to be doing

I don't even have any kind of background in IT, I'm just used to fixing things and with the internet available and some basic tools most common issues are fairly easy to solve, I literally don't know how to fix most problems until somebody presents them to me, at which point I go and find a repair guide or figure out how to fix it from poking around

It's actually pretty shocking how bad most people's understanding of basic technology is

>>52661544
A pretty common one seems to be people knocking glasses over onto computers/ phones when reaching over for them or getting up from their seat
>>
>>52657931
isn't that just gouging out someone's eyes?
>>
>>52661494
I should say, to add to this, the blaming part is shit. If they wont believe you there is not much else you can do.
>>
>>52661617
I do, but many other people i help are just friends and family who never have that type of problem.

I understand that people who bring in computers to a shop are not interested in learning. Probably why they brought them in in the first place.

I am talking about people helping people they know. Maybe i have misjudged how many people here are doing that.
>>
>>52661736
To clarify, i mean people i know have not had the problem of being unable or unwilling to learn and that they will not blame me if something goes wrong.
>>
File: IMG_0669.JPG.jpg (312 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0669.JPG.jpg
312 KB, 1600x1200
>>52657758
Sandeep and Pajeet wearing sandals and showing their greyish nasty feet in a corporate office as if they were back in Poo In Loo
>>
>>52661736
Most of the people I help are people I know, but they just aren't interested in learning, I've spent countless hours explaining to multiple people the importance of using proper antivirus software and being careful as to what you click, but they never listen

Telling somebody who does a lot of heavy rendering work that they should buy something other than a macbook that has no ventilation? don't listen

Telling somebody that the reason that they're laptop battery is degraded to uselessness half a year after they bought it is because they leave it plugged in with the battery in 24/7? don't listen

>>52661761
Well you know better people than I do
>>
>>52661820
Well shit then. I usually find the opposite. Nothing more you can do i guess. Sorry mate
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.