[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who makes the most reliable HDDs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: Image 2.jpg (75 KB, 1025x869) Image search: [Google]
Image 2.jpg
75 KB, 1025x869
Who makes the most reliable HDDs?
>>
File: Top meme.png (163 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
Top meme.png
163 KB, 620x413
>>52649016
The only way to win against an HDD is to not get an HDD.
>>
File: 1444124931403.gif (53 KB, 195x293) Image search: [Google]
1444124931403.gif
53 KB, 195x293
>>52649028
I've already got a 480GB SSD but I need a 2TB or larger HDD to store my animemes.

Believe me if flash storage was about 50% cheaper I would get rid of these awful mechanical drives forever.
>>
File: Noice.jpg (957 KB, 1200x4500) Image search: [Google]
Noice.jpg
957 KB, 1200x4500
>>52649028
/thread
>>
Hitachi or whatever they're called now
>>
>>52649060
>>52649028
Not a cost effective or affordable solution for people who need large amounts of space. You're already asking somebody to spend almost 200$ for a ~500gb SSD that can't hold half of most people's game libraries let alone movies, music, pictures, backups and other types of media or information they may need to carry.

That being said, who has the best drives for reliability? I need 2TB of data and a ~500gb drive for a Linux installation.
>>
HGST
>>
>>52649060
but how do they still shitpost if everyone is dead
>>
Seagate
>>
I subcontract with the gov and they only use wd
>>
>>52649749
It's different with RAID
You want the best price / perf
But if you stand to lose data with failure then you want something reliable.
>>
HGST
G
S
T
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.