[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here's a crazy idea. Imagine if instead of me sending you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: xFriIeD.gif (1 MB, 198x252) Image search: [Google]
xFriIeD.gif
1 MB, 198x252
Here's a crazy idea.
Imagine if instead of me sending you a program, I instead send you an instruction file that you execute and your computer compiles locally.
The same can be for video images and songs too.
The file contains instructions of where all the bits, pixels and frequencies go, creating the file locally on your PC.
>>
>>52645414
>what is compression
>>
>>52645414
If I send you instructions to kill yourself then no one else will have to do it.
>>
>>52645425
>>52645440
You've been removed from this chat room.
>>
>>52645414
How it is new? You never compile your softwares before? Please, never come back to /g/entoo.
>>
That's called an interpreted language.
There's literally nothing stopping you from storing an uncompressed frame as a 2D array of pixels.

What you're suggesting isn't crazy. It's just dumb.
>>
>>52645569
No, but this is built into the OS itself, so instead of transferring files, you transfer the instruction by which the OS reads and begins to compile your software for you.
>>
>>52645440
Kekd hard thanks anon
>>
>Imagine if instead of me sending you a program, I instead send you an instruction file that you execute and your computer compiles locally.
You mean Java?

>The same can be for video images and songs too.
You mean media compression?
>>
>>52645606
I'm honestly curious as to how you think this is different and better than how it's currently done.
>>
>>52645414
This is literally what files are already, dipshit
>>
>>52645425
>>52645440
>>52645449
>>52645916
I thought OP was making statement about copyright law and was being tongue in cheek.

Now I'm not sure if OP is the retard, or everyone else in this thread.
>>
>>52645414
So... this is basically JIT compiled js?
>>
Can you guys hear me?
>>
>>52647615
Speak up your mic is muffled.
>>
>>52647627

Hello

Hello
>>
>>52645938
I simply don't expect that level of complexity from a /g/ post
>>
Already been done before. Search for .kkreiger
>>
>>52645414
that's literally compression
>>
>>52648010
that's procedural generation, similar, but it can't be applied universally
.kkreiger doesn't compile the program portion itself, only the assets (sound, textures, models, etc)
there are analogs for media, such as svg images, midi music, and flash animations ("video"), where they also don't contain the actual output directly, but needs to be generated in some way before use

as for compiling a program on its own, you *could* do that, but there'd be no advantage, source code is often larger than the resulting binary
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.