[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are all of these memes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8
File: Apps.png (63 KB, 622x366) Image search: [Google]
Apps.png
63 KB, 622x366
Are all of these memes?
>>
The only thing you need to know about WhatsApp is that EVERY SINGLE FUCKING PERSON in this shithole third-world country of mine uses it as the default method for communicating.

I hate the fucking thing with all my strength.
>>
>>52563579
>is communication a meme?
>>
>>52563620
Out if curiosity, what country?
>>
>>52563656
>if
Proofreading is difficult.
>>
>>52563682
do you pretend to be an educated dipshit?
>>
>>52563579
yes.

Signal and Phone are all you need.
>>
>>52563777
Does signal sms/mms work well?
>>
>>52563656
Chile.
>>
File: 4582757016_300x405.jpg (60 KB, 300x405) Image search: [Google]
4582757016_300x405.jpg
60 KB, 300x405
>>52563620

Mr.Singh works for WhatsApp
>>
>>52563805
Is Chile really that much of a shithole? It's a really neat and properly managed country for South American standards.
>>
>>52563579
Yes. LINE is better.
>>
File: B6VM4WHCcAAqdFo.jpg (7 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
B6VM4WHCcAAqdFo.jpg
7 KB, 180x240
>not using kakaotalk
>>
>>52563796
works better than messenger.
>>
File: chilevenez.jpg (314 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
chilevenez.jpg
314 KB, 600x456
>>52563849
> It's a really neat and properly managed country for South American standards.
It really is, thank you.

I just can't stand the fact that everyone uses the same fucking texting app instead of doing a goddamn phone call.

Also, hearing that whistling sound everywhere is irksome.
>>
>>52563898
Google Messenger?
>>
>>52563915
yeah, that piece of shit.
>>
>>52563907
Phone calls are inconvenient. If I am not expecting a phone call (like for an interview or a meeting set up beforehand through email), then I will flat out ignore any calls I get. I also ignore all voicemails. Society needs to get the notion that you cannot just call someone unnoticed at some random ass time and expect them to pick up. It's rude. I'm not going to drop whatever I am currently doing to answer the phone. If the matter is short, you should send a text message or an email. That way, the other party can read and respond to it at leisure. If you really need to have a phone conversation, then you should send a text message or email to set up an appropriate time when both parties are available.
>>
>>52563907
It isn't. Every single area of the economy is hampered by collusion. Pharmacies, meat suppliers and even the fucking toliet paper. Additionally, we've utterly failed to create any alternative sources of sustainable wealth during the copper boom years. As demand slows down we're going to see the economy slow and the bubble of household debt burst and fuck everyone over.

That image sucks because we're basically the same when it comes to being overly reliant on a single natural product. And we're 'free market'.
>>
>>52563849
Another Chilean here, i fucking hate this country as well.

>shit prices for everything
>our peso is going to shit
>if i get mugged or someone enters my property and if i defend myself i'm the one going to jail

At least we don't have retarded things like data caps, that's good i guess.
>>
Use Signal and Diaspora
>>
>>52563968
Time to go to school, Maddox
>>
>>52563986
>Every single area of the economy is hampered by collusion. Pharmacies, meat suppliers and even the fucking toliet paper.
That happens everywhere. The difference is that we know about it and the prosecution is efficient enough. And the tax service is ruthless in its efficiency.

>Additionally, we've utterly failed to create any alternative sources of sustainable wealth during the copper boom years
That takes decades to fully crystallize. And it has happened, to an extent.

>As demand slows down we're going to see the economy slow and the bubble of household debt burst and fuck everyone over.
Chile has an intrinsic solidity that spans not years, but centuries in the past. The economy always ebbs and flows, and this isn't going to be like 1973, 1982 or even the "Great" Recession.

>That image sucks because we're basically the same when it comes to being overly reliant on a single natural product.
Not really. Chilean employment is services-based at this point. The reduction in copper prices affects the government and the mining companies.
>>
>>52563968
>If I am not expecting a phone call (like for an interview or a meeting set up beforehand through email), then I will flat out ignore any calls I get.
What if it's something important?

>Society needs to get the notion that you cannot just call someone unnoticed at some random ass time and expect them to pick up. It's rude.
>That way, the other party can read and respond to it at leisure.
That's not how it works in practice. Excrement such as WhatsApp has that ticketing function that notifies if and when the other party has read the message. And then people get anxious as to why you haven't replied to them.

> If you really need to have a phone conversation, then you should send a text message or email to set up an appropriate time when both parties are available.
Key word here is "conversation". It's rare that a phone call lasts beyond 5 minutes.
>>
>>52564234
>What if it's something important?
I can't think if any time I ever got a random phone call for something important without expecting it beforehand.

>That's not how it works in practice. Excrement such as WhatsApp has that ticketing function that notifies if and when the other party has read the message. And then people get anxious as to why you haven't replied to them.
I don't use WhatsApp, Facebook, or any other system that has this retarded "feature".

>Key word here is "conversation". It's rare that a phone call lasts beyond 5 minutes.
I regularly have phone meetings that go over an hour for my job. Things like
>hey dude you wanna to go to the movies tomorrow
do not require a phone call.
>>
>>52563968
Don't you have family, or friends? Of course you don't, you autistic ape.
>>
>>52564156
>efficient enough
How many people have been thrown into jailed and how many companies fined a substantial amount? The only thing efficient about it is how the private sector keeps getting away with this shit. And, no, just because other countries are shit at it doesn't mean we should be content.

What you're missing there is that despite the shift to a services-based approach, a large sector of those jobs are directly and indirectly tied to the mining sector. Logistics, equipment and services provided for the actual mining companies. There's a big ripple effect there. I don't think it'll be for another decade or two before we're mostly free of the curse of primary resource dependency.

I'm certainly not optimistic about the short and medium-term future of Chile and I certainly don't think we have much in the way of solidarity. Everyone is in it for themselves and everyone will screw you over, from poor people who steal TVs to oligarchs who collude. But yeah, it's stupid to talk about on 4chan so I'll stop posting. Good luck dude, we'll need it next recession.
>>
>>52563579
>telegram
hf getting cucked
>whatsapp
hf with no privacy
>>
>>52563656
Whatsapp is dominating the im market all over western europe, i was stoked when i realized how deeply adopted that piece of crap software is. Even the normiest of the normies doesn't know about Snapchat
>>
>>52563579
Can you make your own opinions?
>>
I travel quite a bit and anyone I meet, from Europe to Asia to Latin America, we all stay in touch on WhatsApp. It's pretty good, honestly, and in some countries using WhatsApp for a VoIP is a better option than the phone network because the voice quality is so clear.
>>
>>52563751
That was me commenting on my own inability to proofread, friend. But thanks for getting upset on my behalf.
>>
>>52564816
It doesn't seem to be the case in Sweden. I had two coworkers that used it, but everyone else I know uses Hangouts or plain old SMS.
>>
I don't get why you would use anything other than sms
The nsa gets your conversations one way or another, not all phones have these apps installed, and everyone has unlimited messaging anyways
>>
>>52565989
Apparently in America you pay for every incoming sms or something, idk. There's no reason not to just use sms when you're in Europe.
>>
>>52566092
Prepaid in Sweden here. I get free SMS messages for one month after refilling but I only do that every five months or so. Sending SMS messages to everyone would probably cut that to every other month.
>>
>>52566092
>Apparently in America you pay for every incoming sms or something
some cheap prepaid plans here do jew you like that, but most don't, and a most smartphone plans have unlimited sms messages included
>>
>>52564816
But, seriously, what do you need snapchat for? I still don't get what's so special about it. It's just another closed and commercial IM service.
>>
What's the difference?
>>
File: 1452687674641.jpg (634 KB, 2943x2155) Image search: [Google]
1452687674641.jpg
634 KB, 2943x2155
>>52563907
>Phone calls
get out of here grandpa
>>
>>52563656
turkey aswell, its pathetic really
>>
File: image.jpg (10 KB, 212x205) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10 KB, 212x205
>>
>>52563751
>>52565215
Lol X'^D
>>
>>52566745
Is good for flirting with girls
>>
>>52563620
Italy too
>>
>>52566991
>flirting with non-free girls
>>
>>52563656
not him but here in brazil it's the same
>>
File: signal.png (43 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
signal.png
43 KB, 512x512
>>
What's everyone's problem with Whatsapp?
>>
>>52567869
A shit tier piece of software based on a closed system for which adequate and popular protocols already existed. It did nothing but fragment the space. Everyone I know who uses what's app is a technological primate.
>>
>>52568052
Yeah but everyone you know uses it.
>>
>>52568067
I'm not sure how Google fumbled this ball so hard that they are all on Google's operating system, using Google's search engine and email service, yet not bought into their companion services like chat.
>>
File: 1452909159907.png (3 KB, 493x402) Image search: [Google]
1452909159907.png
3 KB, 493x402
>>52563989
>tfw your isp won't tell on you for torrenting.
Gotta love the chilly
>>
>>52567819
Does LibreSignal work well? More importantly, is it trustworthy? Recommending Signal is hard otherwise what with the reliance on Google.
>>
>>52567819
Used by no one ever
>>
>>52568412
I like the idea of LibreSignal, given it doesn't require gapps, but I remain hesitant to use it as it's still experimental and I don't really know its developers. At least Moxie is known in the cryptographic world, namely for his work on SSL strip and such.
>>
>>52568130
I have no idea. feature wise, messenger has been consistently 1-2 years behind competitors like whatsapp, and has a clunky UI to boot.

I suspect that google culture is to blame, where individuals as lauded for coming up with totally new concepts and applications, but not rewarded for refining existing ideas.
>>
>>52563849
>>52563907
>It's a really neat and properly managed country for South American standards.
They only have ~18m people. That's really easy to manage. Also copper doesn't suffer the bad publicity oil gets nor I think it'll be deprecated any time soon
Anyway kudos for being on rise
>>
>>52563989
>>if i get mugged or someone enters my property and if i defend myself i'm the one going to jail
I think this is true for most countries, Doesn't make less shitty tho.
>>
>>52563620
In my third world shithole everyone use it too. But just out of curiosity what would you like to be using?
>>
>>52563656
Not just do, but are americans really unaware of whatsapp?
It has 900 MILLION users and every time it comes up on /g/ people are like 'wtf is this.

The thing is, data is really affordable in Western Europe, think 20-40/mo for near-unlimited 4G.
These kind of plans include like just ~300 normal text messages (and overcharges are expensive) usually so for green bubbles people this is the way to go.

>muhh Privacy
They're going to roll out one of the largest end-to-end implementations ever in the coming months (dixit the founder, haven't really looked into the specifics) and it works on symbian

Question to you murricans, do you even group chat at all? Just send text messages to everyone?
I guess 60%-ish of whatsapp traffic is group chats
>>
>>52563579
Telegram has encryption. It's way lighter and faster than whatsapp. I have both installed but I use Telegram the most.
>>
Theyre good in my opinion. Everyone in Finland uses whatsapp. Free text messages and media sharing is useful. Also I pay 2€/month for my contract which includes unlimited internet usage at 200kb/s, so texting for me is basically Free bcuz of wap
>>
>>52563656
Same in Mexico, I hate the fucking thing
>>
>>52563881
They log, spy on you and they even publish it to the media if the gov or police asks for it u faggot. I live in a country where everybody uses it. Im gonna get cancer from this

>doesnt work with titanium backup
>mfw
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.