[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /g/ only capable of memeing whenever the topic of gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: not.jpg (57 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
not.jpg
57 KB, 600x600
Why is /g/ only capable of memeing whenever the topic of gaming laptops comes up?

I get that the hivemind wants me to get a gaming desktop and a notebook. But believe it or not, there are laptops out there that can run videogames. Why does it become such a taboo subject here guys? I would love to have time to game in my room 8 hours a day but I can't.

I'm looking for, yes, a gaming laptop. Would be happy to spend £1000-1500 pounds. I've looked at a few but I thought I'd give /g/ one last try. Any recommendations?
>>
1. /g/ thinks if you game it should be on a 'gaymer' PC running Faildos 10
2. Gaming laptops are a niche market that is overpriced to achieve same performance as equivalent desktop

Because of those points the threads get crapped on by people saying do not buy one.
>>
>>52535801

Most people on /g/ don't really care about gaming.
>>
>>52535801
I can't wait until the "meme" meme dies.
>>
>>52535801
Because they're as sensible as a mac without any of the benefits that come with OSX
>>
Did you read the sticky, OP?
>>
BECAUSE GAMEFAGS LIKE YOU ARE RUINING THE BOARD

FUCK THE FUCK OUT ALREADY
>>
>>52535949
Where do I go then? Reddit?
>>
>>52535801
your question is more pertinent to /v/. If you came here asking about the best laptop for VMs on the go, heavy mobile compiling, or specific non game related features, you'd probably be more well received.

There are many on /v/ who would be more than willing to give recommendations within your price range. You have to understand that /g/ gets bombarded with "help me build my peecee gee" and "insert vaguely tech-related item here" general threads. So as >>52535949 so nicely put, please find somewhere else to ask your question. Since you're not being a little shit with all the trash you're getting from the other anons, I'll throw you a bone.

Asus - cheaper models offered. Decent build quality, price, performance, and meh thermals.
Acer (Nitro series) - no. Just flat no.
Lenovo (Y series) - Stopped trusting them when they got caught loading their PCs from the factory with malware. Again. Not bad if you're willing to wipe a brand new laptop and re-install windows from a different ISO.
MSI - Not terrible. They love to use gaudy colors and cheap plastics though. Not to mention some models use a unified heatsink for GPU and CPU resulting in sub-par temps across the board

If you're patient and willing to drop the extra coin, Sager laptops (Clevo rebrands) are very good from what I hear. Was considering one myself (with no dedicated gpu) because they're some of the few laptops built that can handle an 8 thread i7 and keep it under 90C during heavy loads.

Now leave.
>>
>>52535962
If stale memes, opinion voting, and internet points aren't your thing, you could try /.

Either way, leave
>>
It's literally the dumbest pc purchase one can make. There are no logical scenarios where this is a good idea.
>>
Because the majority of /g/fags are poor fags who get upset when someone tries to buy something expensive or they can't afford.
>>
>>52536397
Explain the large number of macfags on /g/ then...
>>
>>52536470
>large number
>>
>>52535801
Gaming laptops are bad at gaming, and bad at being laptops.
>>
File: 1aPsvlr.png (17 KB, 651x641) Image search: [Google]
1aPsvlr.png
17 KB, 651x641
>>52535801
>gaming laptop
What could be possibly wrong with posting gaming laptops in /g/ - Technology?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.