[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
starting a petition to shut the "loonix vulneravle cuz cve-2016-0728"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: trump.jpg (455 KB, 4272x3204) Image search: [Google]
trump.jpg
455 KB, 4272x3204
starting a petition to shut the "loonix vulneravle cuz cve-2016-0728" fuckers up. Also security, win vs debian.
>>
>>52525530
I don't understand these fags.Its been patched and saying its vulnerable is like saying XP is vulnerable.
>>
>>52525780
my theory is that they are literally slightly retarded. like how autist get obsessed with apple. they jump on any opportunity to say "haha *nix isnt as secure win10 botnet masterrace"
>>
Why would this even upset you?
>>
>>52525530
>starting a petition to shut the "loonix vulneravle cuz cve-2016-0728" fuckers up
lol why anon? just look at them and laugh. open discussion of vulnerabilities in any OS is
A) A good thing
B) Traditional for *NIXs like Linux.

I remember laughing over an internal memo I read once where production leads at Microsoft both acknowledged over 60,000 bugs and various flaws with the Windows team alone, but no urgent need to fix them as they were deemed "insignificant". At least I'll grant them this, they're own internal testing uncovered the significant majority of them.
>but > 60K?
>lol, i mean come on
>>
>>52525530
>cve-2016-0728
>4 year old vulnerability
Christ. Time to upgrade to OpenBSD. Linux source code is a fucking joke.
>>
>>52525780
Mac and Winblows vulnerabilities are quietly swept under the rug, while open source ones get all the media attention.
>>
>>52526471
Well, that's simply because the forces behind Linux OWN the media outlets anon, and they want the attention.
>oh wait...
>>
>>52525825
>>52525895
>>52526390
It triggeers me because it was a bug in 3.8 and it has been patched in 4.4.
>>
>>52526558
At least it's known about, which is better than not yea?

Still, much more preferable to platforms like Microsoft or iOthers(tm) who are hardly even shy anymore about admitting to intentionally placing backdoors in they're products against they're users.

At least in open source it's much more difficult to be sneaky about shit like that.
>>
File: 1447007698645-1.gif (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1447007698645-1.gif
2 MB, 1280x720
Vote Trump
>>
>>52526627
remember that the guy in charge of windows firewall is also the guy in charge of vaccines

DRM when?
>>
File: mexican diety.jpg (74 KB, 600x285) Image search: [Google]
mexican diety.jpg
74 KB, 600x285
>>52526627
things that bug me most about win sec is svchost.exe. the stupid thing is only used to run DLLs but when you netstat it wont show you what dll it is [opening this port]

the scariest thing however is powershell, a shell with such an archaic non-usable shit language interface, it had to have been written by gov robots. it can do anything on ur pc, is totally scriptable, and likely undetectable. it has like a whole invisible OS with its own logging, and EVENTS (power up, insert cd, send packet, etc), and it can create invisible files, invisible guis, remote consoles, etc etc.

pretty much like everything on windows
>comes with 20 open ports
>no way to tell whats using them
>try to disable them and the computer doesnt work anymore.

>from personal experience nsa comes preinstalled on ubuntu and windows
>in 1995 intels logo was "intel inside" i think it was literal (inteligence [office] inside)
>in 1995 mitnick said what snowden said, everyone said mitnick was batshit crazy, 20 years later it was proven

get a hardware firewall and only open port 80. i dont think you can secure windows or even your flashroms/bios anymore.
>>
>>52526885
>things that bug me most about win sec is svchost.exe
Yup. Even before I was much concerned about security as a complete noob I knew something seemed odd about that (at least I knew about the taskmgr.exe from day 1) one. The more I learned more about things, The more I grew suspicious of it. Today, I have little doubt that's just one of a slew of intentional exploits built into Wangblows--though one of the most pernicious.

>hardware firewall
Heh, unless you had certainty about the heritage of the silicon onboard I'd find even that idea suspect. Certainly of anything sold directly here in Burgerland anyway.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.