[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>programming tutorial online >naming things 'MyClass',
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 1425900869965.jpg (28 KB, 327x277) Image search: [Google]
1425900869965.jpg
28 KB, 327x277
>programming tutorial online
>naming things 'MyClass', 'myInt', 'myFloat', 'myFloat2' etc

WHY THE FUCK ARE YOU NOT TEACHING PEOPLE TO NAME VARIABLES SOMETHING THAT REFLECTS WHAT THEY ARE FOR
>>
>>52523603
naming stuff is hard tho

so is cache invalidation
>>
>>52523603
>learning a static type language
>2016
There's your problem.
>>
>>52523603
we did that too if i remember right

if its a basic programming class i think its to help people grasp the idea that that name will refer to an instance of the data type. you would be surprised how hard most people finds programming insanely hard at first, as well as how many of them just cant learn it. in my college it was hilarious.
>>
>>52523923
>be top tier EE Eng. student
>stumble into civil eng. programming class
>3rd year and their learning babby's first java
>friend from highschool calls me over
>he literally can't into method calls

some people just don't "get it"
>>
>>52523939

At least those have an excuse, in my last year of college there was several people that was literally uncapable of programming anything, and scraped through exams by memorizing shit. And the 'good' ones still fucking sucked.

And that's in the last year, which excludes all the people that quit because they just couldn't do anything at all (like one girl a rude professor called out in the middle of the class because she filled an exam with nonsense) lel
>>
>>52523603
When I learned CS1, the teacher was so dead set on using 'hungarian notation' he always had shit variable names anyway.
intNum was a remarkably common one.
>>
>>52523913

is your name rajit kumar, or are you just a geek squad faggot that is a rockstar coder in his free time?
>>
>>52523603
To someone not familiar with a syntax, It helps distinguish named variables from keywords.
>>
>>52523975
neither
I'm just not a dinosaur constrained by the "static typing" meme.
>>
>>52523986
dude...
>>
>>52523971
Thanks to my boss, I do Hungarian notation by default now, although discouraged, I'm beginning to thing it makes my shit look nicer and easy to understand
>>
>>52523913
>dude, everything should be written in Python, compilers ar so old and hard to understand
>look at me, I'm a pythonista hackerman XD XD XD

That's you
>>
>>52524194
I agree with the first line of your post.
>>
>>52524194
I bet you don't even know a single programming language inside out yet here you are shilling against Python. Lmaoing @ your life tbqh family.
>>
>>52524210
>>52524240
nice try jews
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.