[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this place scare you? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 3453453466.jpg (209 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
3453453466.jpg
209 KB, 960x640
Does this place scare you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElR58ziaZPY

Keep in mind, the NSA hires more mathematicians than any other firm in the united states.

So they probably hire the most in the world.

NSA always seems 5 steps ahead of everyone else for some reason, this shit creeps me out.

(pls NSA if you read this thread, do not put me into thought crime camp, i literally dindu nuffin)
>>
> mathematicians

enjoy listening to pedantic assholes all day
>>
>So they probably hire the most in the world.
pls. china's a breeding ground for mathematicians
>>
Mathematicians are useless for applying math to anything in the real world, we'll be fine
>>
>>52521049
this literally makes no sense
>>
>>52521049
/sci/, afaik, said something along the lines that mathematicians are hired because some specific courses they may have taken. Specially number theory because it's applications, such as numerical analysis and cryptography.
>>
>>52521218

Hmm, I have a Master's degree in mathematics and that is highly doubtful. There isn't really any mathemetics you can learn in a course that would be unique to our degree.

It's more likely they hire mathematicians with doctorates, as they usually have research and expertise in fields people with master's degrees usually never get.
>>
>>52521266
Probably.
Are there that many mathematicians out there anyway? Don't most of them get hired in financial firms in their bachelors?
>>
mathematicians are a placebo tier shit
programmers can create better algorithms than them
>>
File: 3456546.jpg (1 MB, 2904x2265) Image search: [Google]
3456546.jpg
1 MB, 2904x2265
>>52521305
>Don't most of them get hired in financial firms in their bachelors?
It seems that they are going to the NSA now.
>>
>>52521323
Computer scientists *
Mathematicians prove their shit.
>>
>>52521305
>300k starting
>>
>>52521266
The NSA hires mathematicians because they want to be the first to discover new applications of cryptography, from cracking current crypto tech developing new cryptosystems.

They also probably do a lot of advanced modelling.

Here it is straight from their website:

" These include, but are not limited to cryptography, data mining, temporal analysis and forecasting, signals analysis, speech and text processing, coding theory, data compression, analysis of communication networks, and computer security."

"To accomplish this goal, MDP members study cryptologic mathematics and related subjects in NSA-taught classes and go on 6-month tours in diverse NSA offices"

https://www.nsa.gov/psp/applyonline/EMPLOYEE/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?Page=HRS_CE_HM_PRE&Action=A&SiteId=1

Seems like a pretty sweet gig desu.
>>
>>52521364
I am a senior in high school with a 3.0 GPA,

where do i sign up?!?!?
>>
>>52520937
fuck off you fucking fucks

the fuck is your thread about? how is this related to the discussion of technology?

>gathering information is spoopy
cut your balls off
>>
>>52521046
>pls. china's a breeding ground for mathematicians
china's a breeding ground
>>
>>52521305

9 of 12 people in my bachelor's program went for a master's degree, most in algebraic geometry, because of it's application in the oil industry.

Most mathematicians here at least end up in the oil industry or somewhere where mathematical expertise is needed, not so much in financial institutions. I think for that you are better off with some advanced financial degree as you don't really learn anything about quantitative finance with a mathematical degree. Of course it's possible if you specialize your degree for that, but that would mean a program with heavier applied mathematics courses.
>>
If math is just therom and formulas then why do we need a degree for it? Why not just 3 week training in that specific field?
>>
>>52521377
>gathering information unhindered or unchecked without a clear reason for doing so is spoopy

you first m8
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.