[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Microsoft is cancer. Are they ever going to fix their shitty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: Skype_std_use_logo_pos_col_rgb.jpg (560 KB, 2681x1181) Image search: [Google]
Skype_std_use_logo_pos_col_rgb.jpg
560 KB, 2681x1181
Microsoft is cancer. Are they ever going to fix their shitty program?

>group call host mutes their mic, new call participants can't hear anything
>you have to reply to a new message for the notification to go away
>poorly optimized mobile app
>poorly optimized desktop app
>infested with ads
>just shit in general

When will Microshit stop toying with us?
>>
>>52519325
Don't expect anything good to come from Microsoft.
>>
You forgot how piss-poor Skype's performance is, how disk usage surges when you launch it, how slow it is to load past convos from disk, how much it lacks in customisation options and so on.

I realise that there might be some people who are shilling some skype competitor apps here, but skype still sucks.
>>
>>52519325
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/microsoft-messaging/9wzdncrfjbq6

This is what they are working on.
>>
Skype is pretty awful
Its a fucking shame its about as effectively mandatory Facebook.
>>
Name a program better than skype that doesn't look like shit/isn't a gimmick made by retards like Discord.
>>
>>52520434
>name a program better than skype
jitsi
>>
>>52520465
>jitsi
>Falls under both looks like shit and is a gimmick
Try harder, neckbeard.
>>
>>52520553
what makes it a gimmick?

looks like shit isn't a valid argument. it's a program for communicating with other people, not a fashion accessory. anyway skype has built in ads and nothing is uglier than that.
>>
>>52520575
Skype ads have literally never been a problem for me, they are not in inconvinent places and don't play sound.

Also, it most definitely does matter. Having to click through a shitty UI is almost the most painful thing to deal with whilst using a computer.
>>
>>52519325
it's shit but in the country where I am from, unfortunately, if you need to have a meeting, literally everyone is guaranteed to have Skype so it becomes the goto.

Anything else and you always end up with like 30% at least having to create accounts, 2 people struggle to download whatever application. They have no clue how to use said new application. It's an endless hassle, so we just leave it and use Skype.

But fuck Skype.
>>
>>52520385
I bet you any money that they are keeping the entire fucked up core of Skype in there and literally just creating a new GUI for it.

Probably leaving all the code of the previous GUI in there as well
>>
>still no video group calls on gnu/linuks
i have a feeling that microshit is going to ditch skype for leenux soon
>>
I really wish people would just go back to using IRC and I also wish IRC wasn't full of shit these days
>>
File: 1445639481842.png (1 MB, 1018x728) Image search: [Google]
1445639481842.png
1 MB, 1018x728
>>52520419
>That one friend that only wants to use Skype or Facebook to talk
>Tell him to just message me over whatever
>He never does
>>
>>52519325
the retarded shit it does is literally the reason why my group of friends ditched Skype for Google Hangouts. It's much better over there in Google land.
>>
>>52520434
>>52520553
>>52520611
obvious paid shill
>>
>>52520664
I don't know man edge and the new win 10 apps have pretty nice UI and most of all limited bloat so here's hoping.

One thing is some functionality is gone like image thumbs in the message app so that could point to new code.
>>
>>52520553
don't forget the daily jitsi outage
>>
>>52520786
No, they're not. They're fucking disgusting
>>
>>52520861
It takes no load on the disk or anything while skype is making whining sounds for closing it and all kinds of shit and taking forever to load on any PC.
>>
>>52520680
Tons of people would use it more if it wasn't so fucking complicated. Normies can't into anything.
>>
File: 1441680635959.jpg (45 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1441680635959.jpg
45 KB, 640x640
>Untitled conversation
every fucking time during the middle of a call
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.