[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iphone 5s Unlocking Help
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Iphone5s.png (58 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Iphone5s.png
58 KB, 300x300
Hey everyone, I'm new here and could use your help. Over the holidays I was gifted an Iphone 5s from a relative, and they told me it needed to be unlocked. They bought it from the Virgin Mobile online store and no longer use it, hence why it was given to me (which is an upgrade from my flip phone).

The phone doesn't have a SIM card in, and I'd like to shop around at different carriers to compare plans and prices. I tried calling Virgin Mobile to unlock it, but according to them they say they have to open an account (so charge me $$$ and put me in a plan I don't want), then assign a phone number to the phone, then troubleshoot it to unlock. Honestly, that sounds like a bunch of bullshit to me - I even told them I want to shop around and look at other networks. I'm thinking for another day I might call them back and threaten to file a complaint with the FCC (according to an AT&T sales rep, a company cannot bind me to them to in order to unlock a phone - not sure how factual that is).

What can I do, /g/? Are third party businesses my alternative? If that's the better route, know of any credible and reliable services? If it helps, I'm in New York, near the Pennsylvania border.

Thanks everyone!
>>
Get an android fagboy
>>
Stop being a cheap fuck.
>>
Give it back Achmed
>>
>>52517266
Return it Deontayquius
>>
Contact its owner Ladasha
>>
>>52518584
Okay this one made me laugh, how do you even pronounce this name?!
>>
>>52518926
Deon (De like De-Icing, and On like the light switch) tay (Like a teenager might say "O-Tay") quius (Kwis)
>>
>>52519007
Dude I'm fucking cracking up at this, thanks for the pronunciation guide.

Still doesn't help me with my phone situation tho :/ but I did get a laugh!
>>
>>52519141
Have your relative get it unlocked from their carrier or get a job and buy your own phone.
>>
Give it back you nigger fuck
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.