[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck Microsoft. Look at this chat. Twice agents hung up on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: scumbags.png (23 KB, 552x586) Image search: [Google]
scumbags.png
23 KB, 552x586
Fuck Microsoft.

Look at this chat. Twice agents hung up on me for asking about their support policies.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2016/01/18/microsoft-monday-new-windows-10-free-rule-windows-7-and-8-loses-support-word-flow-coming-to-ios/#2715e4857a0b23ec0a6d1e7a

Soon, no computer will be supported if it does not become part of the windows 10 botnet, where they literally scan and track private emails, messages, and files (yes, check the EULA).

[YouTube] Microsoft Privacy concerns. (embed)
>>
They're such a shit company it isn't even funny.
>>
>>52510510
It's not even a MS, it's their "answer desk"
i.e. some random guy with no qualifications offering his free time to troubleshoot problems in the hope of someone buying shit from the MS store and getting a cut.

If you want actual help, call them
>>
>>52510510
You no fuck microsoft, microsoft fuck you.
>>
I'm still pissed about the Windows 7 support debacle. What Microsoft basically admitted as an entire decade of software is very quickly going to be unrunnable on new hardware.

Fuck this shit
>>
Eh, sucks if you buy one of those new processors I suppose.
>>
>>52510510
>install gentoo
>>
>>52511994
Sure, but you're not going to be able to sit on old procs forever. We're only now starting to see reasons to move off Sandy Bridge (and even then it's not necessary) but 3-4 years down the road there will probably be decent performance gains from switching.

And then you're fucked.
>>
>muh win 10 botnet

You retards were complaining about that shit as soon as XP hit

Just block all that shit if you care so much
>>
>>52510510
So, I pulled this chat transcript today. What you failed to mention is that you spent 20 minutes insulting the first representative. Once a customer is disconnected for that, they get dropped again automatically.

Old complex code bases are difficult to maintain. And just because windows 7 rtm is eol, that doesn't include sp1. Same for Windows 8. 8.1 is not affected. If you've ever written something more complicated than hello world or fizz buzz, you'd know this.

And lastly, Windows 10. It does not scan your files and send them to Microsoft. Unless you use one drive. In which case you select the files getting synced. Private emails, really? Yes, if you use eop or hotmail. But please, feel free to never use another Microsoft product or service. You're level of stupid is confounding
>>
OP is just baiting them and wonders why he gets disconnected.

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/01/15/windows-10-embracing-silicon-innovation/

MS basically doesn't want the baggage of supporting legacy devices and decided to draw the line in the sand with windows 10 + kaby lake

Going forward new computers sold now will have the OS they were meant to have, you won't a kaby lake system with anything other than win10.
Just like these days you can't find anything other than win10 on systems.

Windows 7/8 still has support, I don't understand the confusion here.

The only people this affects are people who want to have the newest hardware (kaby lake, bristol ridge) and use an old OS like win7/8
>>
>>52512658
there's still no real reason to move beyond lga1366
>>
>>52514756
>>52514459
>>52512751
kek and now the microshills are doing damage control in full force
>>
>>52514930
> 2016
> being this retarded.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.