[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do i choose a computer related field? I like programming,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: xavier3.jpg (15 KB, 300x350) Image search: [Google]
xavier3.jpg
15 KB, 300x350
How do i choose a computer related field?

I like programming, not the process of learning, but the act of programming, i'm very interested in robots, AI, new computer hardware for interface, i also like videogames, however i'm not really sure what should i focus in. I study music and play the violin so i can get things done with enough interest, but i'm having a hard time choosing.

Any suggestions?
>>
>>52505479
>I like programming, not the process of learning
Mhhhh.
>>
>>52505479

install gentoo
>>
>>52505479
I think they use computers in laying down water mains, sewer lines, and other stuff they run underground. I think that would be a great choice for a year or two for you OP.
>>
>>52505479
Force yourself to learn, or go work in fast food.
>>
>>52505479
Program Engineering.
Either that or game design.

>Program engineering will teach you how to make a game
>Game design will teach you how to design a game

Overhaul Programing engineering is hard and unsatisfactory but after the first few classes you won't give a fuck.
>>
>>52505479
>I like programming, not the process of learning
Either stop being a lazy faggot or do something about the ADHD
>>
>>52505479
>i'm very interested in robots, AI, new computer hardware for interface
unless you're a chinese kid who went to MIT with a 4.0 GPA, you can never hope to compete in these fields.

>i also like videogames
this is a slightly less competitive field, but i've heard it's just shitty to work in. i'm sure you would end up hating video games.

the comfiest jobs are in application development.
>>
>>52505479
Same boat as you, op. I think I might grind hard and start a game studio. I don't think I have anything of value to add to any programming firms.
>>
>>52508332
Thanks OP. Based on this I will note OP(OP) is retarded.

tl:dr and you. I love you mate.
>>
You have to learn math to get anywhere
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.