[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logitech T-BC21 804377-0000 Marble Mouse USB Trackball Is it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: s-l300 (1).jpg (8 KB, 300x236) Image search: [Google]
s-l300 (1).jpg
8 KB, 300x236
Logitech T-BC21 804377-0000 Marble Mouse USB Trackball
Is it any good?
>>
File: trackball master race.jpg (103 KB, 1100x619) Image search: [Google]
trackball master race.jpg
103 KB, 1100x619
>>52497863
okayish for it's price, but the lack of proper scroll wheel and the tiny hard to reach secondary buttons prevent it from being good.

However, all that objective nonsense is irrelevant, since it is the device that the Glorious Leader uses, so it automatically means the trackball is also glorious.
>>
>>52497995
For 15 bucks is it good?
>>
>>52498157
for 15, I'd say yes.
For the normal retail price, I'd rather add a few bucks and buy the Kensington orbit with scroll ring.
>>
>>52498157
I'd say so. I have one myself and it's alright. You can scroll with added Logitech software that allows you to set one of the buttons as a hold-to-scroll-mode button, which sort of makes up for the wheel but not really. The only thing I really hate about it is that the buttons are on the sides in the middle rather than closer to the front. It can get uncomfortable.
>>
>>52498205
>>52498218
What is the benefit of using these things? Not just this one. I would like to buy one, maybe not this one but another good one.
>>
>>52498247
- less desk space
- can be used on any surface (good for comfy browsing from your couch)
- helps with RSI if you already fucked up your wrist using a regular mouse
- can be a bit more accurate once you get used to it
- you can spin the ball really fast and flick the cursor across several screens (but in that case forget about accuracy)
- if you have other people who sometimes want to use your computer, this will discourage them from doing so.
- more comfy than a mouse (totally personal opinion though.. you might just as well find out you hate it wit a burning passion)
>>
>>52498356
seems good, any recommendations
>>
>>52498389
>FINGER TRACKBALLS

>low price range:
either the logitech trackman marble if you need more than 2 buttons or Kensington orbit with scroll ring if you need a scroll

>medium price range:
Kensington Expert or Kensington Slimblade (they're very similar, just have different scrolling mechanism)

- Expensive:
CST Trackball

>medium price range but has to be imported from Japan
Elecom M-DT2URBK (the QC is not consistent, some people have to replace the ball with the blue one from thumb Logitech. Other than that, it has high DPI, many buttons and scroll. So most features)

>Stay away from
Kensington orbit wireless, Kensington Orbit without scroll ring

>OH FUCK WHY
Adesso iMouse T1, anything without optical or laser sensor

>THUMB TRACKBALLS

>Don't want to import from Japan
Logitech M570, there's nothing else available in EU or US

>Ya I'll import
Elecom M-XT3URBK (same as with the finger elecom. Overall good, but the ball has bad QC, some people have it super smooth, some have to replace it with the blue ball from Logitech M570, as it's the same size)

>Recommendations
Since you don't know if you like trackballs or not, buy either the Logitech Trackman Marble, or blue ball Kensington Orbit with scroll ring. Slimblade and Expert Mouse both cost close to $100, that's too much for a device you might hate and stop using after a few days.
If you like it, you'll upgrade later
>>
File: Screenshot (78).png (630 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (78).png
630 KB, 1920x1080
>>52498522
Holy shit man. Thanks a lot. I appreciate this a lot man, this one seems pretty good. Are you personally into them?
>>
File: trackballs.jpg (483 KB, 1600x1364) Image search: [Google]
trackballs.jpg
483 KB, 1600x1364
>>52498615
I have a collection.
Been using trackballs since I fucked up my wrist and using mouse for extended periods of time causes me pain.
>>
>>52498697
Cool dude! Can I have your email? or kik
>>
>>52498869
I don't have kik and won't post my main mail address here, but I check this one once a day:
[email protected]
>>
>>52499042
Message me instead:
[email protected] (jumpman is a mario reference)
>>
>>52499103
I've sent a (very) short email.
And, for now, it's time for me to go, I live in Yurop and it'll be 2am soon
>>
>>52497863
I use one, but I always have a normal mouse also connected.

I use an autohotkey script to have the trackball scroll if I hold down the back button. Otherwise just pressing and releasing the back button goes back.

Only feature I'm missing is middle click. I like having back/forward too much to remap the forward button.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.