[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which of these two is better?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
this year I'll go to college and I need a tablet to take notes. Which of these two is better?
The Nvidia shield tablet or Samsung galaxy tab S?
>>
>>52467435
shield hands down imo

pen is waaay better, plus gayms
>>
>>52467435
the better question would be between the shield tab and the google nexus 9.
>>
>tablet
>take notes
>>
get a clipboard and paper and a laptop
tablets are in no way convenient

You can also compromise and get an electric notepad, if you're autistic enough
>>
File: Nokia-N810.jpg (51 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Nokia-N810.jpg
51 KB, 300x300
Its a tablet that works like a PDA
>>
You can get a chink tablet at that price just look for those
>>
Use a pen and paper.
>>
Anon, if you plan on taking notes, a laptop will serve you better than a tablet. If you must use a tablet, get a fucking surface.
>>
Anyone know a cheap little tablet that runs windows and uses a stylus for taking notes? Not sure If I should look for a tablet that works with a stylus or just get a tablet and buy one of those special stylus on amazon if they even work?
>>
>>52468295

If you want to use a stylus, use a pencil and paper. It's a hell of a lot cheaper, and your professors won't think you're browsing 4chan in class.
>>
Go for the shield OP. These people don't know what they are talking about. Pen and paper isn't cheaper. Why? Because who doesn't have a fucking larger form factor portable to watch video and web browse on in the first place? You might as well get something that can do that and take notes at the same time to eliminate redundancy.
>>
>>52468312
Yeah but I'm looking for a tablet to read my college books , and jot down notes on them.
>>
I was forced into buying an iPad by my college, and all I ever use it for is taking notes. My friend weened his way out of this "compulsory buy" and used his tab 2, but everything we do with tablets - which in 99.99% note-taking over the two year course - could be done miles better with a laptop

Do yourself a favour and get a chromebook, or nothing at all
>>
Only thing tablets are good for is reading/annotating PDFs. Get one with an IPS screen for that. You can pirate scientific books and papers at http://gen.lib.rus.ec/

If you want to take notes and can touch type, you should get a small/light Laptop that still has a properly sized keyboard (Lenovo X series or something like that)

If you can't type, a laptop is pointless. Use pen and paper instead.
>>
File: 1445553611614~02.png.png (182 KB, 346x375) Image search: [Google]
1445553611614~02.png.png
182 KB, 346x375
>>52468360
What is a cheapo tablet that can do that anon? I need to anotate my PDFs!
>>
Or you could get a Chinese bang for buck tablet like chuwi hi8 or xiaomi mi pad 2 that dual boot windows and android
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.