[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Note taking software
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
Hey /g/, what software do you use for taking notes in lectures? What's the best?
>>
>>52462335
A pencil and a notepad
>>
>>52462335
Onenote or >>52462766
>>
>>52462335
I used to use notepad/sublime/vim with bash syntax highlighting and then eventually php highlighting, but >>52462766 and inb4 everyone else who says the same thing has a point. Handwriting your shit is almost always more effective.

Ultimately try different stuff and see what works best for you.
>>
>>52462817
>Onenote
This.
>>
Libre office writer, or pencil and paper.
Only really type noted for comp sci related courses where I already know the info. I'm just making references and examples.
>>
Handwrite your notes.

As for typing it up and organizing them, use onenote or zim. You should be copying your handwritten notes onto your computer anyways, as it helps with learning it.
>>
>>52462335
see >>52462766 or vim
>>
I use a livescribe pen.

All our lectures have mics. And the desks have head phone jacks. I plug a cable from the headphone jack , into my live scribes mic port. And get fantastic audio too.

Fucking love it.
>>
ORGMODE
&
God's Editor

http://orgmode.org/
>>
>>52464977
This. Handwrite your notes, then copy them. You get the benefits of actually doing handwriting, which is better for learning [0], the benefits of reviewing your notes, which you will do while typing them in, and the benefits of not having to deal with papers and shitty handwriting because the notes are safe and sound on your note-taking platform of choice.

[0]: http://pss.sagepub.com/content/25/6/1159
>>
I use TiddlyWiki it's the bomb. I use it for every course including math courses in real time (realtime latex support, i use detexify if i need to create a symbol that i've never seen before)
>>
You'll actually remember stuff by handwriting.

You'll eventually develope shortcuts and abbreviations so you can keep up with any lecture. You might type fast and store more information that way, but you depend on your computer.

Handwriting easily BURNS the lesson into your brain, no joke.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.