[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
database question
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
My hard drive is packed with thousands of PDF files. They range in size from about one megabyte to a few hundred MBs.

My problem is being able to locate any particular file by name or subject, due to the vast number of files. The file names

are nonsensical, and i plan to rename each file whenever i get the time or ambition.

Does MS Access feature a capability of linking files to a table of file names? My dream is to look at the list and click on

a name, and that will open the file.
>>
>>52462066
>listing filenames in a db
>listing filenames in a folder window
what's the difference?
>>
>>52462066
http://smallbusiness.chron.com/import-pdf-files-microsoft-office-database-63335.html
>>
>>52462745

My dream is to look at the list and click on
a name, and that will open the file.
>>
>>52462830
so there is none
>>
>>52462830
How is that different from looking at it in a file manager?
>>
>>52462812
>http://smallbusiness.chron.com/import-pdf-files-microsoft-office-database-63335.html

Thanks friend
>>
>>52462852
a DB is better, with more capabilities.
>>
>>52462852
it's not, OP is retarded
>>
>>52462066

just write a python script that takes the title of each document and renames the filename with that title; if the files have a consistent layout it shouldn't be hard

read the file in, parse it into a list divided by \n and assuming the title is the first line, edit the file name to lines[0] - that should at least solve a few of them
>>
>Access
>Ever
>>
>>52462745
can't he get better query times with a db compared to wangblows cockexplorer`
>>
Op, use Apache Solr. It can injest, full text index, and search PDFs, millions if needed.
>>
>>52464600
Thanks friend
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.