[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Audio codecs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: 1419891587673.webm (214 KB, 900x456) Image search: [Google]
1419891587673.webm
214 KB, 900x456
160K opus vs 320K mp3 vs 256K AAC
>>
>>52450648
On your mobile phone? It doesn't fucking matter.
For your desktop/archival purposes: FLAC, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>52450648
256k AAC
>>
Ooooh, this thread
>A
>G
>A
>I
>N
>>
opus
>>
>>52450658
>For your desktop/archival purposes: FLAC
I'm not the library of congress.
>>
>>52450753
Doesn't take the Library of Congress - by the way, they prefer WAV and TIFF files instead.

But as for your OP >>52450648

160k Opus if you're a freetard and believe in meme magic

320kb MP3 if you want the best quality out of the three options*

256 AAC if you plan on putting these on an iPod.

* Has a cutoff at roughly the top end of human hearing ability, 19-19.5kHz
>>
>>52450844
why not Flac ? it's supposed to be the best format no ?
>>
>>52450844
>160k Opus if you're a freetard and believe in meme magic
>320kb MP3 if you want the best quality out of the three options*
This is bait.
>>
>>52450648
All those converted at those exact bitrates through ffmpeg from the FLAC source.
>>
>>52450648
opus of course
>>
>>52450876
FLAC is lossless compression, but encoding into it takes time. Most pressed audio CDs use WAV, so that's what they stick with. TIFF too, because there is "more to it" as of now than PNG.

>>52450906
Perhaps, but only on /g/. Spectral analysis is in order. I suggest SoX.
>>
>>52451041
>>52450980
Try this once you install SoX:

"location of sox or sox.exe" “musicfile.musicformat” –n spectrogram -Y 1080 –x 1920 –o “outputfile.png”
>>
Interested in this.
What is best codec used for ASMR?
I usually download from youtube with ytdl using the extract audio parameter, to get m4a format or webm format and the n use the atomicparsely to include the thumbnail as an image.
So what's best argument do I use to get smaller file size while preserving quality and the stereo output?
>>
>>52451948
FLAC, WAV, ALAC, whatever isn't lossy.
all of above can carry 6+ channel audio as well.
>>
>>52452074
Sorry, I should have been more clear.
I meant what are the best variables to set it to?
In addition to codecs.
>>
>>52450648
For archival: FLAC.

For listening purposes: All three should be transparent to almost all audio, so pick the one which uses the least space to become transparent, which is Opus 1.1 @ 160kbps VBR: opusenc --bitrate 160
>>
>>52452686
Does this work on most audio player?
And what variables should I use in ffmpeg to achieve this especially for ASMR files.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.