[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Noise cancelling headphones
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: noise-canceling-headphone-6.jpg (116 KB, 450x470) Image search: [Google]
noise-canceling-headphone-6.jpg
116 KB, 450x470
Are noise cancelling headphones worth it?
What's your experience with them?
I've read that they do well with low frequency noises, like an engine running, but how well would they work to cancel the noise of people talking on a public setting like a restaurant or coffee shop?
>>
File: xiaomi_pistons_2-11_zpsfe31dc02.jpg (141 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi_pistons_2-11_zpsfe31dc02.jpg
141 KB, 800x600
Passive noise isolation is better.

Get some closed headphones or eardildos
>>
no
good passive is better
>>
>>52450640
>Are noise cancelling headphones worth it?
Not really unless you're at work or something.
>What's your experience with them?
I've owned 3 types of them.
>well do they work
Pretty good if there is music playing. But you look retarded with them on in public.
Just get some IEM's
>>
>>52450640
I don't like noise reduction for daily music listening, because it creates audible sound artifacts that I find harder to ignore than the noise in the first place.
>>
>>52450669
dayum, theses look sexy
>>
>>52450690
This. As good as it is technology gets it's not perfect. The math is always a little off and you get a "hhhsssssssss" with glitches in it that comes out of the speakers

Everyone else said it, IEM's
>>
>>52450685
>>52451691
Even better, find a place that does custom-fit IEMs where they take a mold of your ears, it's expensive, but you won't want another pair ever.
>>
>>52450640
I used those bose on-ear noise cancelling headphones and in "office enviroment" good closed headphones were isolating better. Maybe this noise cancelling thing is good for street usage or something like that, but as i said - in office, closed Brainwavz HM5 were isolating better.
>>
>>52450669
>eardildos
>>
Noise cancelling is a meme and just makes your music sound bad.
>>
How well do they work in airplanes?
>>
>>52453355
Very well, they're pretty much made to cancel out the noise of engines during takeoff.
>>
>>52450669
Where can I buy these, there are fakes even on amazon
>>
>>52450640
really poorly.

What ANC does is create an inverse of the sound wave of something like an engine and filter that into the cups, effectively normalising the sound wave which blocks it.

Human voices alternate in pitch to much to effectively create an inverse wave, so it will muffle but not block those kinds of sounds.
>>
>>52450640
Mdr 1r, they are noise canceling, while traveling, on a plane, train they are a must have. They also look very good, the actual sound reproduction is average but you cant have everythig
>>
>>52453570
you can if you go with the QuietComfort 52®
>>
>>52453591
*25®
>>
File: WorkTunes.jpg (36 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
WorkTunes.jpg
36 KB, 450x450
Maybe its because I am still young enough to pick up csrtain frequencies but noise canceling doesnt work on me. I just hear another noise when its turned on that sounds like a low hum while outside noise is merely muffled.

Noise isolation headphones work for me. Or those construction ear muffs with a built in headphone and radio. (Though from experience the sound quality in ear muff headphones is too low and too soft.)
>>
>>52450640
No, but they are a goddsend on airplanes and train rides only.

Other than that just use closed ear headphones.
>>
>>52453527
They're website apparently. Just google 'Xiomi Piston'. Their site should be somewhere on there.
>>
>>52450640
they only seem useful on planes.

too bad the sound quality of Bose shit ones I have are so atrocious I'd rather just stick earplugs in my ear and not listen to shit.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.