[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /g/, I don't mean to be a bother, but I was wondering
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: hybrids[1].jpg (43 KB, 580x387) Image search: [Google]
hybrids[1].jpg
43 KB, 580x387
Hey /g/, I don't mean to be a bother, but I was wondering if any of you guys knew much about laptop/tablet hybrids.

I'm looking to buy one primarily for university work; it is important that my notes are hand written, but can still use regular programs to work on reports and other assessment pieces. In order of what are the most valuable features to me are: Responsiveness of screen when using a stylus > battery life > portability = price. I don't plan on playing any games or video editing, so performance wise it can be pretty average.

I have done some searching on the internet about it and haven't really been able to find much info on these things. Hopefully you guys are in the know and can help me out. Thank you guys in advance, any help is very much appreciated.
>>
File: JohnWayne.jpg (18 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
JohnWayne.jpg
18 KB, 590x350
>>52445914
>I don't mean to be a bother,

You're not from around these parts, are you pilgrim?
>>
>>52446257
Sorry, no I'm not. I come from /sci/.
>>
>>52446296
That's unfortunate
>>
>>52445914
do you even [insert serch engine here]?
do you even interweb?
do you even computer?
>>
>>52445914
Surface pro would be the answer that fits best for your list of wants. Only other options are bespoke drawing tablets that need a system to run with in most cases.

I could almost recommend an iPad Pro but it is beyond not worth it and a lot of the peripherals have been designed by someone who escaped their straight jacket.
>>
File: MACRULEZ.jpg (22 KB, 606x292) Image search: [Google]
MACRULEZ.jpg
22 KB, 606x292
>>52446296

Are they all nice and polite over there? /g/ is full of autists and other assholes. I'm betting /sci/ knows more about literally everything than /g/ too. /g/ is full of some of the dumbest motherfuckers on 4chan, and as you know, that's saying quiet a lot.
>>
>>52446378
No, in general it's mostly first year undergrads who are too big for their britches. There is a lot of shitposting and elitism about stupid stuff. In saying that though, there are some really productive and helpful threads on a daily basis.

>>52446376
Awesome thanks for your answer. The surface pro 4 was what I was looking at most. I will probably end up going with one of these.
>>
If you want a more desktop experience, try the Surface book.
The screen is detachable and useable as a tablet.
The keyboard has an extra battery (i think), Nvidia GPU for more advanced graphical uses, and a backlit cool keyboard, easy to type on.
I suggest searching this up and see what you think about it.
>>
>>52446490
Actually, are you already in Apple's ecosystem, or Android's? I recommend sticking with whichever one you are in, because it can lead to headaches if you don't.
>>
>>52446577
I think it's a little bit too powerful for what I intend to be using it for. I mainly want a 2 in 1 so I can do a way with most of my exercise books and text books.

>>52446581
I have an iphone, but am not a huge fan of apple products in general.
>>
Surface Book/Pro with OneNote.

Done.
>>
>>52446682
Well then you might as well get a surface pro 4. Compared to the pro 3, there aren't that many differences, so you could get a Pro 3 if money is an issue
But please, get at LEAST an i5 if you don't want it to lag
Extra ram depends on if you usually have plenty of apps open at once or if you care only about the current app.
Storage is up to you
>>
i've been using an X220 tablet for years. probably could get a used/refurbished one for pretty cheap now.

only problem with it, and it may be a problem with tablets in general, is that the pen loses its precision towards the edges.

other than that, it would probably meet your needs just fine.
>>
>>52446378
>go to literally every board
>all boards claim they have the dumbest motherfuckers while also claiming some random board X is the worse board
It's fun watching 4chan interboard relationships because it reminds me to Yugoslavia.
>>
Get an ipad you massive retard
>>
>>52445914
Since your next highest priority after a digitizer pen is battery life, the best battery life you can get is with a Sony Vaio Duo 11 with the Haswell ulv cpu along with the sheet battery. You can find them relatively cheap if you are willing to buy used.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.