[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
aol desktop 9.8.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
when did aol bring this back? who else used this before firefox? would you still use this?
>>
>early 2000s
>literally spent all my time in Slipknot and Mudvayne chat rooms
>learned how to English in the Slipknot room, since it was full of bitter neckbeards, most of whom who would ridicule people joining the chat and actually liked the band
>having programs which output to the room what was being played through winamp
>tfw also regularly broke AOL TOS and had to have my mom call to get our account reinstated on many occassions

Some of my best childhood memories come from sitting in AOL chatrooms. Middle school especially was all AOL hijinks.
>>
>not casing your screen name and putting macros in your profile
>>
>>52445405
i checked the chat rooms and they are basically dead
>>
>>52445405
> ~*~ [mp3] LoAdEd || Linkin Park - In The End || (3:38) || repeat √
>>
>>52445405

Mudvayne still sounds pretty good though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_5UOkUDti8
>>
My parents still use this retarded piece of crap.
>>
File: SDC11711.jpg (736 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
SDC11711.jpg
736 KB, 1024x768
who AOL here
>>
>>52445520
my grandma used it until they killed off the first time
>>
>>52445510
one of my all time favorite bands
>>
>>52445510
I wush I nuva click in that vido. It wuz shat. By the way, mud vain should not be mudvayne.
>>
>>52445405
I can't recall how many times I had to have my mom call AOL because of their stupid tos. I remember getting banned for reciting lyrics while in a music chat room. shit made no sense
>>
>>52446456
I never had a change to do that. I was stuck in kids mode cause my dad knew what was on the internet....
>>
>>52445520
I still have my old email address. I use it pretty much as my throw-away account though. Their spam filters didn't work worth a shit anyway, so might as well use the account for shit that's going to generate spam.
>>
>>52446641
i logged into my very first email and found out i have all kinds of "benefits" through the parent account it was originally set up with
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.