[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your wife of 10 years has just birthed a baby girl/boy Post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4
File: 1447271657874.jpg (225 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1447271657874.jpg
225 KB, 768x1024
Your wife of 10 years has just birthed a baby girl/boy

Post your timeline for training this kid to not be a tech retard like 90% of his peers?

>Year 2: Basic Reading & Writing & Introduction to Basic arithmetic with introduction to Algebra concepts (Variable, left-right equality, transposition, etc..)

>Year 4: Basic Linux & Windows; First Novel introduced; Intermediate Linear Algebra

>Year 5: Intermediate Linux; Brief Introduction to BASIC; Exhaustive intro to Python

>Year 6: Computing Basic (bits, bytes, architecture, caching, low-level stuff); Office Basic (MSOffice, File formats, libre formats, libre alternatives)

>Year 7: First Android Phone introduced; First low power netbook (regulated via router; no pron, no 4chan); Extracurriculars (Swimming, Band, Martial Arts); Advanced Linear Algebra (solving quadratics, intermediate Trig)

>Year 8-10: PreCalc Concepts; Mandatory 2 Novels a year enforced;

>Year 12-16 (teen years): Introduced Uni Calc 101; Freedom to pick Phone OS/Maker; Introduced Mandatory Cardio activity (if Extracurricular is not Cardio)

>Year 17: Intro to BodyBuilding; Freedom to choose laptop/OS; Router filters removed; Intro to Drugs in Culture and Spirituality

>Year 18: Presumably at a good uni, if not already. Freedom; Free Rent Until 25; Mandatory Part-time job (if possible)
>>
>>52437059
I've always found mandatory things to put people off, If I ever do have kids I'll let them do whatever they want unless it objectively harms them.
Of-course I'll encourage reading and learning but won't force it because I've seen too many failures where that was the cause (petty rebellion.)
>>
>>52437059
>no 4chan
You will ruin his life.
>>
installing gentoo all day every day for the rest of his life
>>
>Year 0: Retroactive abortion
>>
they taught me logo and some basic in kintergarten.

i learned how to fuck around with dos commands at age 4

i taught myself assembler @ 13

kids today have zwinkies and communist propaganda taught in schools today instead of anything remotely useful. hell, the public schools here feed the minorities lead-contaminated food to keep them retarded
>>
>>52437127
Propaganda version here
>>>/pol/61086065
>>
>>52437101
You have to enforce somethings on to children.

They will be told to do things in their life that they won't like but will have to do (out of duty or responsibility).

The kid is willing to learn for the sake of the experiment.
>>
>>52437108
Believe it or not, though 4chan has increased my exposure and decreased my sensitivity to many topics, some boards on here are not fit for childrens eyes.

Since its practically SJW 2.0 these days with lgbt and gif being full of gay sissy propaganda
>>
>Your wife of 10 years
MODS MODS MODS!
>>
Never get a fucking kid.
>>
>>52437059
mfw, OP expects us to believe a kissless /g/ virgin will have children.
>>
Well I realise I'm dreaming then just start flying around.
Or, you know, experiencing the intimate physical contact with the opposite sex that I will only ever get from dreams.
>>
>>52437377
It's a thought experiment

More on how you will raise a hyptotheical child.

Everyone knows /g/ only gets their dick wet on the shower
>>
>>52437059
you've never dealt with a small child have you?

2 is too early for that math shit. introduce books.
3-4 gives a good grasp on computer usage. ability to focus is still too short for programming
by 5 they should be able to run windows/android no issues. 6+ looks great.
>>
>1st Grade
Basic addition/subtraction/modulo/compliments
>2nd Grade
Basic times tables/fractions
>3rd Grade
Division, Powers, Roots, Primes
>4th grade
Algebra
>5th Grade
Geometry, Logic, Sets, Combinatorics, Proofs
>6th Grade
Higher order Algebra. Trig, Exponential, Logs, Series, Sums, Limits
>7th Grade
Calculus, Matrix Algebra
Chemistry
>8th Grade
Vector Calculus, ODEs
Mechanics, Thermodynamics
C++ Programming
>9th Grade
Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics
Electromagnetism, Circuits
Digital Logic, Comp Arch
>10th Grade
Real Analysis, Abstract Algebra
Stat Mechanic, Optics, Advance Mechanics and Special Relativity
Data Structures and Algorithms
American Government and Political Science
>11th Grade
PDEs, Complex Analysis, Fourier Analysis
Quantum Mechanics
Numerical Analysis, OS, Parallel Programing
Macro & Micro Economics
>12th Grade
Money and Banking, Finance
Philosophy, Theology, Religious Studies
Electives (Organic Chem, Biology, GR, Astrophysics, Robotics, Comp Vision, etc...)
>>
>>52437059
I've known like 4 people who grew up with parents who had some scheme like this.

The kid is going to pick what they want out of your shitty controlling up bringing (like the sport they like or maybe programming) and fucking run away from the rest and you so fast your head will spin.

They will hit high school and have weird to no social skills and constantly have problems. They will have zero imagination in the shit you told them they must learn.

I imagine a 4 year old being sat down and told they must do algebra is going to fucking hate you and you are going to enforce doing it so they will do route "hurr I"m doing it" rather than think about it or apply it.
>>
>>52437483
>Optics, Advance Mechanics and Special Relativity
They teach this in grade 9 physics where Im from
>>
>>52437059
I work in ECE and I can tell you this plan of yours is going to fall to shit

but you know that, right? because this is bait. here's your (you) and please don't actually do this
>>
>>52437059
>Your wife of 10 years has just birthed a baby girl/boy

What if the baby is brown but me and my wife are both white?
>>
>>52437582
>ECE

Youre an expert. How do you raise a child to be aware of his technological decisions?
>>
File: 1450795015333.gif (3 MB, 294x238) Image search: [Google]
1450795015333.gif
3 MB, 294x238
>>52437586
C U C K
>>
>>52437603
raise them normally and expose them naturally to it and hope they pick it up themselves. if they grow up in a household that has computers/technology a constant presence they'll naturally gravitate towards it. Forcing children to do anything always always backfires.
>>
>>52437582
>Ctrl+F "(You)"
>find your post
>it's not actually addressed to me
Thanks for ruining Reddit for me, asshole
>>
>>52437059
literally the gayest and stupidest fucking thing i have ever seen on /g/
>>
>>52437509

Not necessarily. You can be a retard parent and force them to learn algebra, and your kid will hate you, serves you right.

Or you can figure out how to make it interesting where the kid learns algebra mostly just by having a fun time. This is much harder to do than forcing. And if you can pull it off, the kid is probably already a genius just from sharing your gene pool.
>>
>>52437629
This experiment does not account for teaching methods and methodologies.

The child is willing to learn
>>
>>52437685
Ok but unless this experiment makes the child a genius this isn't going to work.
Average child:
>year 2: can count objects up to 3, 5 if they practice a lot. Can identify letters and match them to sounds if they practice.
>year 4: can read simple shorter words and maybe simple sentences if they've been practicing. they can add and subtract, if they've been practicing then beginnings of multiplication and division

that's as far as I'm going to go
>>
>>52437642
>hasn't fallen for a (you) trap before
>gave me a fake (you)
>contributed a fake (you)

you've done a lot in one post
>>
>>52437642
>Ctrl+F "(You)"
>he doesn't have appchanx that tells him when a real You happens
>>
>>52437658
You do have a point here, but then again you didint have a kid yet and you dont know how hard it is to make something intersting even to a todler when he is not in the mood
I really like your plan gl anon,
My plan is just not ever allow him/her to install anything but linux distros as OS, and let it roll from there
>>
>>52437730
Thats the point, its right infront of you and you dont see it. he doesnt want an avrage child.
>>
>10yo wife
ISIS took over germany I guess, oyvey.
>>
>>52437833
ISIS size of germany is way too big of a threat for US they wont allow that, they just want to shook us a bit so they are leading the game as usual, and not fucking destroy us, they have benefit from EU anyways
>>
>>52437740
It was all part of my master plan.
(it really wasn't)
(You)
>>
>>52437795
let me explain for your autism

Your dog breeder of 10 years has just sold you a puppy

>year one: train dog to use toilet by himself
>year two: train him to drive car
>year three: teach dog to go to work for me so I can stay home and troll 4chan

children don't begin algebra at age 2 unless they're prodigies or rainman autistic

have you interacted with anyone besides your mother? children are not physically capable of doing what you want
>>
My kids won't go into computing. They'll go into business management as a career and sports as a hobby. That way they won't be a virgin and socially crippled.
>>
>>52437877
>not getting the joke
>>
Thats just utter bullshit. Have you ever seen a 2 year old? They can barely say anything.
>>
>>52437059
Wow, so you want to spend time drilling your kid on algebra at age 2? There's no way they'll understand it but go ahead and ruin their childhood with your absurd overthetop expectations.
>>
>>52437059
This is why nobody will ever marry you fuckers
>>
>>52437059
>forcing your kid to do something even up into his early adulthood.
>thinking router filters stops you from getting to websites.

Go back to whatever shithoke you came from
>>
>>52437059
you're going to turn it at best into a one of those chinese exam robots
>>
>>52437059
you're literally gonna hate your kid and he will hate you. By year 3 your wife will have left you for a dude from /fit/
>>
>>52437205
Gif is disgusting, I set up a cuck filter and half the board is hidden. The kikes are hard at work there.
>>
>>52437115
A straight up /g/
>>
you're supposed to give them a taste of something and let them explore by themselves

generally being passionate and knowledgable enough for you to answer their questions is enough

>keep books around
>show them interesting pictures or ideas, rather than a book full of shit
>"what did you ask today"-feynman type shit
>emphasis on working hard, not calling them genius like retard parents do
>make sure they know that they can learn anything if they want to
>>
As someone who actually has children, I can tell you this thread is 100% fucking retarded.
>>
>>52439582
welcome to /g/

These fuckers are so far away from having kids anyway. I come here for shits and giggles
>>
also
>introduce them indirectly
like that one dude who got his two kids to learn "i raised my kids on the command line and they love it" google it

"At bedtime, Jacob asked me, very seriously:

"Dad, how do I start tuxpaint again?"

"First you log in and type startx. Then you can use the mouse."

Jacob nods, a contemplative look on his face...

"Then," I continue, "you type tuxpaint in the terminal, and it comes right up."

Jacob nodded very seriously a second time, as if committing this very important information to long-term memory. Then gave a single excited clap, yelled "Great!", and dashed off."
>>
>>52437770
Your child is gonna kill himself.
>>
I'm not wasting my time teaching my kids that's what school is for.
>>
>>52437059
I just drown him/her into the nearest river since I don't like kids.

This also avoids tech retardation.
>>
If you tamp all of this down this kid's throat, he's gunna snap and kill you in your sleep or hate you indefinitely. You're better off offering it, giving him the options and showing him how fucking cool it is, then letting him decide on his own. A little push is fine but don't tamp it down his throat with a chimney sweep's brush
>>
>Day 1: Dropped off at the nearest Safe Haven
>Day 2: Stupid bitch gets her ovaries removed
>>
>>52437770
Only permitting the worst computing has to offer.

LOL
>>
>>52437925
Why not both? I agree that if your life revolves only around computing it sucks ass, but you can always use some computing (programming skills) in every field you persue.
>>
File: 1452774082430s.jpg (5 KB, 192x250) Image search: [Google]
1452774082430s.jpg
5 KB, 192x250
>>52437059
>>Year 6: Computing Basic (bits, bytes, architecture, caching, low-level stuff); Office Basic (MSOffice, File formats, libre formats, libre alternatives)

>six year old
>microsoft office

i think its time
to stop posting, now,
OP, and to
start living
>>
>>52437127

so, what do you do for work, now, anon

and do you have any glaring social disorders
>>
>>52438033
this, counting to 5 is an achievement at 2, 4 is a good age to start reading...
>>
>>52437059
>Year 2: Basic Reading & Writing & Introduction to Basic arithmetic with introduction to Algebra concepts (Variable, left-right equality, transposition, etc..)

You realize most kids are just learning to speak by this age, right?
>>
>>52437483
>Linear Algebra, Probability, Statistics
>Electromagnetism, Circuits
>Digital Logic, Comp Arch

most college level engineering students have difficulty with linear algebra
>>
>>52437483
>12 year old doing calculus
>wasting their time with religious studies and theology

Shit list, friendo
>>
>>52437162
>out of duty or responsibility
But are shitty excuses for retards with self importance. The only thing why we need to do stuff is because that's the only somewhat acceptable way to get to a somewhat enjoyable life and increase the chance of survival in situations. That's the one which usually doesn't kill you.
That's how life works.
Both duty and responsibility are meaningless bullshit. You aren't obliged to either. If you want you can just quit in a moments notice and let everyone eat their own shit. In fact everyone who believes that someone has a duty to care for his or her shit is an idiot. Your only responsibility and duty is to yourself. Everyone else will die in whatever way they want to kill themselves either consciously or unconsciously and will be replaced by others. Any other responsibility or duty is actually your own making for someone or something you think deserves it and usually misguided due to your narrow world-view and rejection of the ways of nature. The only responsibility and/or duty you can somehow rationalize to mean something is to family and very close-friends. All others are out of your control and if you don't use them they will use you. (Keep common sense though if you have any).
So instead of responsibility and duty teach your kids how the real world works and not some shit which will make them divorce their wives (or the other way around) and kill themselves at age 40 because they thought the world is different.
Being fair to ordinary and common people/strangers within a reasonable limit is fair.
Not being a petty thief, murderer is fair especially that it's a not very successful path either.
However the real power is in the power of achievement and having more knowledge and therefore if properly applied more control and power than those who are a lot more dumb. They can't use that knowledge in any way neither can they learn it. It's useless to teach them beyond basics.
>>
>>52437340
Underrated.
>>
>>52437340
get this infidel out of here.
>>
>>52437108
>mfw the son becomes a redditor
>>
>>52437059
-11 years
>Vasectomy
>>
>>52437059
I got into computers because I didn't have to

Your plan is destined to fail
>>
ITT:

Retards who don't understand half of the concepts they'd try to force their theoretical kid to learn. Good thing you're all virgin neckbeards.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.