[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UK anon - need a new pc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: For-all-you-nutella-fans.jpg (37 KB, 700x393) Image search: [Google]
For-all-you-nutella-fans.jpg
37 KB, 700x393
Sup g

I'm in desperate need for a new pc but don't wanna spend anything more than £300.
Anyone know a good reliable place I can look? I keep getting told to go to somewhere reputable like pc world but they ain't really offering much
>>
>>52421479
I sure as fuck hope you're either Irish, or English, otherwise I am embarrassed as fuck right now.
>>
novatech maybe
>>
>>52421479
Is that including monitor?
>>
go with an i3 4460, the cheapest mobo, the cheapest 4 gigs of ram, a western digital 1tb hdd or a sandisk 256gb (though I doubt you can afford this), evga thermaltlake or corsair low wattage psu, and the cheapest case. use pcpartpicker.

you just MIGHT be able to make this work. honestly just get a cheap laptop at this point and the kill yourself because you're fucking retarded. replying to this bait physically hurt me 8/10
>>
>>52421493
I'm from London, I built mine, but what are you going to use the computer for?
>>
>>52421707
>but what are you going to use the computer for?
Not OP so I can't answer that.

>I'm from London
Are you OP?
>>
>>52421707
For my mother who looks after my disabled brother.

I don't have the time to build one. I work 42 hours a week and live with my wife with her parents as we support their care needs also. It would mainly be social media, Internet, light gaming and probably cresting documents of some sort
>>
>>52421780
Ok then try this https://www.gladiatorpc(DOT)co.uk/configure/config/63500
>>
>>52421780
>I work 42 hours a week and live with my wife with her parents as we support their care needs also.
lmfao
sounds like you've been cucked by a russian mail order bride.
>>
>>52421819
Thank you this link is very helpful
>>
>>52421780
http://www.argos.co.uk/beta/static/Product/partNumber/4182993.htm
That might be acceptable, though "light gaming" might be a stretch.
>>
>>52421479
http://www.ebuyer.com/670719-lenovo-thinkserver-ts140-xeon-e3-1226-v3-3-3ghz-tower-server-70a50022uk

Quad core Haswell Xeon, 4GB RAM, 450W Platinum PSU, 1TB hard drive all for £225 after cashback. Can easily chuck in a graphics card later if you want to do some gay men. They're apparently whisper quiet too, if that bothers you.

You won't even come close to the same specs building yourself.
>>
>>52421479
>VIA 9GAG.COM
>>
>>52421780

Find some estate sales, garage sales, boot sales, thrift stores, anything functional will work.

hit Ebay/Craigslist/TheQueen if you want.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.