[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the nightmare is over! http://arstechnica.com/information-
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /g/ - Technology

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 57226928.jpg (91 KB, 478x359) Image search: [Google]
57226928.jpg
91 KB, 478x359
the nightmare is over!

http://arstechnica.com/information-technology/2016/01/microsoft-finally-has-a-proper-way-to-opt-out-of-windows-78-to-windows-10-upgrades/
>>
>>52420723
Not really. All that stops is the ads. The underlying telemetry/botnet components that were installed along with them will carry on reporting your every move back to Microsoft.
>>
>just checked my available updates
>Windows 10 installer wants to be installed again

It will never be over.
>>
>>52420723
They're eventually going to bake the telemetry stuff into a 7 update. Calling it.
>>
>>52420941
They literally already did months ago.

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/28/microsoft-intensifies-data-collection-on-windows-7-and-8-systems/
>>
Until tech2 can be used in windows 10. Shuuuuuut the fuck up microsoft
>>
>>52420955
Damn.

How's it feel, Windows users?
>>
>tinfoil thread
>>
kek. windows users. they never learn

>install windows 7
>deactivate updates
>don't install any antivirus
>use CommonSense™

that is all
>>
>>52420995
>use CommonSense™
Translation: Just browse 4chan and be a NEET like me. Why do you need "other" sites?
>>
>>52420980
feels good ever since I uninstalled those updates
>>
>>52420723
People who believe that Microsoft is interested in your data are the same people who believe computers are useless without the internet
>>
>>52421002
If you need other sites you can go full NEET and use CommonSense upgrade
CommonNEETKnowledge.
This translates to using incognito and for downloads through a virtual machine for checking
>>
>>52421026
>We have no interest in your data, goyim!
>W-why did we develop programs to collect it then you ask?
>Stupid goy, don't talk back!
>>
>>52421037
You know damn well malware can check if it's being run in a VM.
>>
>>52421038
>2016
>Not disconnecting yourself from the internet or running through over 9 heavily encrypted proxies
>>
>Microsoft holds the right to change this at anytime in the future

I don't even have to read the article to know this. It's every. single. time.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.